PDA

View Full Version : Democrats in two clips.

Yonivore
09-05-2012, 12:32 PM
The first is a video clip from FoxNews where Sheppard Smith shows a quote, reported by the Washington Examiner to have been said by Debbie Wasserman Schultz to a Jewish group at the Convention.

The relevant quote is: “We know, and I’ve heard no less than Ambassador Michael Oren say this, that what the Republicans are doing is dangerous for Israel.”

Here's the video clip from FoxNews:

J-672ZDeMh4

In the clip, Debbie Wasserman Schultz denies she said what is alleged to have come out of her mouth. So, the Washington Examiner helpfully provides the audio tape, from the meeting in which Debbie Wasserman can be heard to say -- verbatim -- “We know, and I’ve heard no less than Ambassador Michael Oren say this, that what the Republicans are doing is dangerous for Israel.”

XpHLa6Eg2Uk

Fucking liars...every goddamned one of them.

CosmicCowboy
09-05-2012, 12:35 PM
both sides lie.

And Dems are gonna dump horseface Wasserman soon.

jack sommerset
09-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Maybe she forgot. God bless

Yonivore
09-05-2012, 12:39 PM
both sides lie.
I'd challenge you to find a liar, in the RNC, that is as putrid an example as Debbie Wasserman Schultz...and, give examples of the lie.

both sides lie.And Dems are gonna dump horseface Wasserman soon.[/QUOTE]
She should have been fired when she lied about not coordinating the Soptic ads. That Democrats keep her around is damning.

This woman put words in the mouth of an ambassador to the United States and, when she gets called on it, she denies she ever said it.

Th'Pusher
09-05-2012, 12:40 PM
And Jewish Americans are going to overwhelmingly vote for Obama in November - just like they did 4 years ago.

Yonivore
09-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Come to think of it, she's the absolutely perfect representative of the Democrat Party and, so, I concede she's in the perfect job.

FromWayDowntown
09-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Red guys = good.

Blue guys = bad.

CosmicCowboy
09-05-2012, 12:58 PM
I'd challenge you to find a liar, in the RNC, that is as putrid an example as Debbie Wasserman Schultz...and, give examples of the lie.

She should have been fired when she lied about not coordinating the Soptic ads. That Democrats keep her around is damning.

This woman put words in the mouth of an ambassador to the United States and, when she gets called on it, she denies she ever said it.[/QUOTE]

I thought that Thunes assertion that Obama was going to prevent farmenrs children from working on the family farm was pretty over the top.

CosmicCowboy
09-05-2012, 12:59 PM

I thought that Thunes assertion that Obama was going to prevent farmers children from working on the family farm was pretty over the top.

Yonivore
09-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Red guys = good.

Blue guys = bad.
Well, in the case of Debbie Wasserman Schultz; she's a proven liar on issues relative to the campaign and policy.

Deval Patrick dropped a pretty lousy misrepresentation, himself with the already discredited claim that Massachusetts was 47th in employment when Romney left office.

I'm wondering if the "fact-checkers" have run out of pixels yet.

Yonivore
09-05-2012, 01:07 PM
I thought that Thunes assertion that Obama was going to prevent farmers children from working on the family farm was pretty over the top.
Did the Labor Department not propose regulations that would severely restrict types of activities in which anyone, under the age of 18, could participate in agricultural businesses; with no exceptions for family?

I think they did.

CosmicCowboy
09-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Did the Labor Department not propose regulations that would severely restrict types of activities in which anyone, under the age of 18, could participate in agricultural businesses; with no exceptions for family?

I think they did.

They didn't. Family members have always been exempt.

jacobdrj
09-05-2012, 01:23 PM
And Jewish Americans are going to overwhelmingly vote for Obama in November - just like they did 4 years ago.

Reform, agnostic, non-denominational and perhaps conservative would vote for Obama...

Orthodox as well as pro-Israel Jewish Americans will vote overwhelmingly republican, just like in 2008...

That is a split right down the middle.

FromWayDowntown
09-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Well, in the case of Debbie Wasserman Schultz; she's a proven liar on issues relative to the campaign and policy.

Deval Patrick dropped a pretty lousy misrepresentation, himself with the already discredited claim that Massachusetts was 47th in employment when Romney left office.

I'm wondering if the "fact-checkers" have run out of pixels yet.

Like I said . . . .

RandomGuy
09-05-2012, 01:26 PM

That sounds like a challenge. You really want to lay down that gauntlet?

:rollin

Yoni's magic belief that Republicans can do no wrong. :rollin

mercos
09-05-2012, 01:30 PM

vRPltzYoPE0

Clipper Nation
09-05-2012, 01:35 PM
Why am I not surprised that Y:lolni doesn't see a problem with the GOP treating Israel like the 51st state? Israel has an elite military and an advanced economy... remind me again why our tax dollars should be spent on meddling in their shit? Not to mention, it's a known FACT that government foreign aid hurts countries more than it helps and almost never goes to the people who actually need it, tbh....

Th'Pusher
09-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Reform, agnostic, non-denominational and perhaps conservative would vote for Obama...

Orthodox as well as pro-Israel Jewish Americans will vote overwhelmingly republican, just like in 2008...

That is a split right down the middle.

Um no. Obama got 77% of the jewish vote in 08and there is little to suggest he will not do so again.

Yonivore
09-05-2012, 02:09 PM
That sounds like a challenge. You really want to lay down that gauntlet?

:rollin

Yoni's magic belief that Republicans can do no wrong. :rollin
Sure, find a Republican, RNC Chair and above, (Speaker, Senate Minority, RNC Chair, President or Vice Presidential nominees, etc...) that have told lies as demonstrably and blatantly as Schultz.

Now, the bar is pretty high because, Shultz has:

Accused Mitt Romney of being responsible for the death of Joe Soptic's wife.

Lied about coordinating with the PAC on the Soptic commercials and claimed to have no knowledge of Soptic's personal story even though she hosted a conference call on which Soptic read a script that told the story.

Characterized Mitt Romney as a potential felon for not releasing his tax returns.

Put words in the mouth of Israel's Ambassador to the U.S. and then, lied about it -- even though she was on tape.

Yeah, go ahead.

Yonivore
09-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Why am I not surprised that Y:lolni doesn't see a problem with the GOP treating Israel like the 51st state? Israel has an elite military and an advanced economy... remind me again why our tax dollars should be spent on meddling in their shit? Not to mention, it's a known FACT that government foreign aid hurts countries more than it helps and almost never goes to the people who actually need it, tbh....
That's another thread but, the Democrats are talking out of both sides of their mouth on this issue.

That's the issue in this thread.

Spurminator
09-05-2012, 02:16 PM
:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Yonivore
09-05-2012, 02:20 PM
So, you've got nothing...

boutons_deux
09-05-2012, 02:28 PM
Here's Ryan slander whopper

Bush Administration Praised Closure Of Auto Plant That Ryan Now Blames On Obama

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) claimed during his convention speech Wednesday that President Obama is responsible for the closure of a GM plant in Janesville, Wisconsin. However, as many media outlets have noted, GM announced plans to close the plant in June ’08 — long before Obama was even elected — and it ceased major operations in December of that year.

For proof, just ask one of the more prominent supporters of the Janesville plant shutdown — the George W. Bush Administration. After all, the closure was part of a broader GM restructuring initiative that the then-President supported. White House Press Secretary Dana Perino even praised it as evidence of GM “adapting well:”

The White House called the announcement a sign that the auto giant was “adapting well” to market shifts.

“It’s a sign that Detroit continues to adapt and evolve and address the change in consumer tastes and attitudes. And I think that they’re adapting well,” spokeswoman Dana Perino said.

“And they’ll make these changes, and hopefully be able to pull themselves up out of what has been a rough several years,” she said. …

GM plans to shutter production at its Toluca, Mexico, pickup truck at the end of the year and its Oshawa, Canada plant will be closed in 2009. Plants in Moraine, Ohio and Janesville, Wisconsin, are slated for closure in 2010 “or sooner if market demand dictates,” GM said.

In keeping with the rest of the night’s theme of ignoring and whitewashing the Bush Administration’s disastrous record, Ryan failed to mention this inconvenient history.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/08/30/776711/bush-administration-gm-ryan/

PussyEater thinks he can find enough lies by high enough Dems to match Ryan, Gecko, McLiar, etc. PussyEater fails, OVER AND OVER AND OVER

TeyshaBlue
09-05-2012, 02:29 PM
lol deflection.

And Yoni, it's a known fact Wasserman is a lying POS. Doesn't really need a thread. Also, Wasserman does not reflect the Democratic body politic anymore than Ryan reflects the conservative body politic.

Wild Cobra
09-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Here's Ryan slander whopper

Bush Administration Praised Closure Of Auto Plant That Ryan Now Blames On Obama

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) claimed during his convention speech Wednesday that President Obama is responsible for the closure of a GM plant in Janesville, Wisconsin. However, as many media outlets have noted, GM announced plans to close the plant in June ’08 — long before Obama was even elected — and it ceased major operations in December of that year.

For proof, just ask one of the more prominent supporters of the Janesville plant shutdown — the George W. Bush Administration. After all, the closure was part of a broader GM restructuring initiative that the then-President supported. White House Press Secretary Dana Perino even praised it as evidence of GM “adapting well:”

The White House called the announcement a sign that the auto giant was “adapting well” to market shifts.

“It’s a sign that Detroit continues to adapt and evolve and address the change in consumer tastes and attitudes. And I think that they’re adapting well,” spokeswoman Dana Perino said.

“And they’ll make these changes, and hopefully be able to pull themselves up out of what has been a rough several years,” she said. …

GM plans to shutter production at its Toluca, Mexico, pickup truck at the end of the year and its Oshawa, Canada plant will be closed in 2009. Plants in Moraine, Ohio and Janesville, Wisconsin, are slated for closure in 2010 “or sooner if market demand dictates,” GM said.

In keeping with the rest of the night’s theme of ignoring and whitewashing the Bush Administration’s disastrous record, Ryan failed to mention this inconvenient history.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/08/30/776711/bush-administration-gm-ryan/

PussyEater thinks he can find enough lies by high enough Dems to match Ryan, Gecko, McLiar, etc. PussyEater fails, OVER AND OVER AND OVER
Why do you want government to pick winners and losers?

Yonivore
09-05-2012, 02:36 PM
lol deflection.

And Yoni, it's a known fact Wasserman is a lying POS. Doesn't really need a thread. Also, Wasserman does not reflect the Democratic body politic anymore than Ryan reflects the conservative body politic.
There's no equivalency between the lies and distortions spewed by Wasserman Shultz and Paul Ryan.

And, this woman is the chair of the Democrat National Committee -- she does represent liberal body politic; just as does Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Shumer, Barack Obama, and the rest of the lying little shits of the Democrat Party.

TeyshaBlue
09-05-2012, 02:40 PM
..... and the rest of the lying little shits of the Democrat Party.

Ahhh...now we get to the heart of your issue.

Oh, Gee!!
09-05-2012, 02:44 PM
not to piant with too broad of a brush or anything.....

SA210
09-05-2012, 02:56 PM

Well this is easy..

Liar
wd28_zXZF-Y

Example
Pp7VUxrId6E

/thread

boutons_deux
09-05-2012, 03:13 PM
There's no equivalency between the lies and distortions spewed by Wasserman Shultz and Paul Ryan.

And, this woman is the chair of the Democrat National Committee -- she does represent liberal body politic; just as does Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Shumer, Barack Obama, and the rest of the lying little shits of the Democrat Party.

PussyEater sees the writing on the wall (and smells the shit in his pants (padded crotch) ):

Sept. 4: The Simple Case for Why Obama Is the Favorite

I’ve been tiptoeing around this point, because I don’t think that our forecast model ought to represent the totality of our analysis about the election.

But if you look at the right-hand column of this page, you’ll notice that our forecast has moved toward Barack Obama over the past several days. It now gives him about a three-in-four chance of winning the Electoral College on Nov. 6.

I’ll explain a little bit more about how the model comes to that conclusion in a moment, but the intuition behind it is pretty simple:

1. Polls usually overrate the standing of the candidate who just held his convention.
2. Mitt Romney just held his convention. But he seems to have gotten a below-average bounce out of it. The national polls that have come out since the Republican National Convention have shown an almost exact tie in the race.
3. If the polls overrate Mr. Romney, and they show only a tie for him now, then he will eventually lose.
The first point is the simplest of all, but perhaps the most important. There is a lot of focus on the bounce that a candidate gets after his convention — that is, how the polls conducted just after the convention compare with the ones taken immediately beforehand.

But the more instructive comparison may be how the post-convention polls track with the actual election result — it’s Nov. 6 that we’re really concerned about, after all.

On average, between 1968 and 2008, the challenging candidate led by 10 percentage points in polls conducted just after his convention. By comparison, the challenging candidate eventually lost the popular vote by an average of three points in these years. That means the post-convention polls overrated the challenger by an average of 13 points.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/05/sept-4-the-simple-case-for-why-obama-is-the-favorite/

Spurminator
09-05-2012, 05:58 PM
So, you've got nothing...

Nope, I'm choosing not to participate, and mocking you from the sideline. But if you'd like to take that to mean something more, feel free to draw a mark on your side of the imaginary scoreboard. Go Team!

Spurminator
09-05-2012, 05:59 PM

djohn2oo8
09-05-2012, 06:06 PM
I would say that Yoni, Darrin and WC all hate their lives or some aspect of it but its mainly that they're gawddamn retarded.

SA210
09-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Well this is easy..

Liar
wd28_zXZF-Y

Example
Pp7VUxrId6E

/thread

Bueller?..

boutons_deux
09-05-2012, 09:08 PM
After dozens sources, some conservative, absolutely trashed Ryan, Gecko, etc for the BRAZEN LIES last week, PussyEater tries this week, with great silliness, to stick the LIAR label to the entire Dem "little shits" party. :lol

Clipper Nation
09-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Nope, I'm choosing not to participate, and mocking you from the sideline. But if you'd like to take that to mean something more, feel free to draw a mark on your side of the imaginary scoreboard. Go Team!

:lmao

Clipper Nation
09-05-2012, 10:23 PM
I would say that Yoni, Darrin and WC all hate their lives or some aspect of it but its mainly that they're gawddamn retarded.

Nobody who isn't totally self-loathing would want to be a political forum jizz rag, so your theory is correct, B....

Wild Cobra
09-06-2012, 02:34 AM
I think you are just to limited in your thinking to even begin to understand.

Wild Cobra
09-06-2012, 02:38 AM
After dozens sources, some conservative, absolutely trashed Ryan, Gecko, etc for the BRAZEN LIES last week, PussyEater tries this week, with great silliness, to stick the LIAR label to the entire Dem "little shits" party. :lol

If you are incorrectly spelling his alter ego Gecko because it's a lizzard, then know this. The correct spelling Gekko is also a lizard you moron.

And...

Are you seriously using "pussyeater' as a defamatory word?

I'll bet you have a pretty boring sex life.

Wild Cobra
09-06-2012, 02:39 AM
Nobody who isn't totally self-loathing would want to be a political forum jizz rag, so your theory is correct, B....
Speak for yourself.

Jacob1983
09-06-2012, 02:53 AM
Can the Wall Street references be retired?

Wild Cobra
09-06-2012, 02:55 AM
Can the Wall Street references be retired?
I think it should, but as long as Shazbot uses it, don't you think he should at least spell it like he did in 2011?

Wild Cobra
09-06-2012, 03:02 AM
Government-Sponsored Sinner

Who would have thought that Republican voters would prove so accepting of sin? At least when it’s committed by a white guy, like the serial philanderer Newt Gingrich, who betrayed not one but two wives while they were enduring serious medical difficulties.

In the latest New York Times/CBS poll of Iowa Republicans, alleged philanderer Herman Cain’s once impressive support shifts to the new front-runner, Gingrich, whose richer history of marital deceit is not a problem even for the self-described evangelical Christian voters who favor him over Mitt Romney by a ratio of 3-1.

It is the first time that I have felt sympathy for a candidate experiencing the prejudice directed at a practicing Mormon. Clearly the ultimate of “squeaky clean” doesn’t cut it for a presidential contender of that faith among Republican Christian “values voters,” even when he is compared with a sexual roué of Gingrich’s considerable magnitude.

Or perhaps it is Newt’s peerless capacity to mask moral hypocrisy with the appearance of religious propriety, first as a Protestant and now as a Roman Catholic, that endears him to other Republicans who wear their religion on their sleeves. Many of those were willing to tear the country apart over the sexual wanderings of a Democrat in the White House, but now they are quite willing to send someone of Gingrich’s reputation to the Oval Office. We are speaking of a politician who was having an extramarital affair with a congressional staff member 27 years his junior, now more appropriately his third wife, during the very years when he was so energetically stoking the Clinton sex scandal.

But Newt did manage to cooperate closely with the Democratic president in passing the “welfare reform” legislation that in effect ended the main federal poverty program. Given that 70 percent of those covered by the gutted welfare program were children, it is at least consistent that the former House speaker now favors further aiding those children by wiping out the long-standing restraints on the exploitation of child labor.

Gingrich also cooperated successfully with President Clinton on the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997, which legislated drastic cuts in the capital gains tax benefiting the wealthy. In addition, he was a great partner for Clinton in whipping up enthusiasm for a broader agenda of deregulation that set the stage for the housing mortgage bubble and resultant Great Recession. It is Gingrich’s hypocrisy concerning these economic matters that will prove more troubling as his chances of becoming president increase.

Given that Gingrich was on the payroll of Freddie Mac to the tune of $1.6 million, how in the world will he be able, in a one-on-one debate with Barack Obama, to logically make what has become the standard Republican case: that it was liberal do-gooders at the government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs) Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac who forced the banks to make bad housing loans?

The honest answer, politically awkward of course, would be to admit that those agencies were government sponsored only on the risk end, and as for profit entities they were owned and traded by investors in the stock market. They got in trouble for the same reason Citigroup did, because the obscenely huge bonuses of their top executives were driven by their profit performance and not the quality of the home mortgages they backed.

The packaging of hugely profitable but eventually toxic mortgage securities, with the GSE seal of approval, that is at the heart of the economic crisis was the result of a Republican-engineered deregulatory mania that Newt abetted and Clinton supported. A mania that Sen. Obama criticized, but not Gingrich, who was a highly paid booster for Freddie Mac even as the housing market was imploding.

The private/public GSE model of the two housing agencies in which the risk but not the profits was carried by the public is the very arrangement that Gingrich is on record as celebrating as late as 2007 when the crisis was visibly under way. Gingrich favored it as a model not just for housing but even the space program. “I’m convinced that if NASA were a GSE, we probably would be on Mars today,” he declared in a post on the Freddie Mac website on April 14, 2007.

Although Gingrich now claims that when he was on the Freddie Mac gravy train he was simply giving objective advice as a “historian” that sought to improve the agency’s performance, the truth is quite the opposite. Obama will no doubt delight in quoting back to Gingrich his assertion that “while we need to improve the regulation of the GSEs, I would be very cautious about changing their role or the model itself.”

Gingrich, who ran into trouble with the House Ethics Committee when he was speaker and paid a $300,000 fine, is himself a variant of a GSE, having turned his government backing into a hugely profitable enterprise. After he left office, his various personal business enterprises had revenues of about $100 million. Last week in South Carolina, Gingrich scoffed at the idea that he needed to work as a lobbyist; after all, he noted, he is paid $60,000 a speech.

You would think that with a sorry personal and political record like Gingrich’s—and there is so much more—the Republicans would never nominate him as their presidential candidate if they expected to win. But I wouldn’t rule it out, for the driving faith of the GOP has become the notion that the toxic mixture of moral hypocrisy and unfettered greed is a formula for victory. Newt could be their man.

http://www.truthdig.com/report/print/government-sponsored_sinner_20111208/

====

Repugs and their "Christian" "family values voters" love scumbags. :lol

vs Willard Gekko, The Jobs/Company Destroying predatory capitalist.

Will be very entertaining to watch the flip-flopping battle royale, scumbag vs moneybag.

It will be hilarious if the entire Repug power structure and almost all of the Repugs in Congress are against Noot, but Willard Gekko implodes into a pile of gaffes, handing the nomination to Noot.

Willard Gekko vs Noot Slimebag

Representin the Repugs perfectly

Willard Gekko's $10K bet was pure "in your faces, 99%" macho grandstanding and adolescent gotcha game-playing.

This group of plutocratic Repug assholes is irrefutable evidence of how morally and socially bankrupt and perverse the Repugs are, and that true of the entire charade of American "democracy".

Gingrich is unelectable.

The majority the Repug Congresspeople, the Repug power structure, and Wall st (giving their money to their boy Willard Gekko) don't want, would detest, Gingrich as their candidate.

Willard Gekko also slimed Barry for not bombing the drone in Iran.

"GOP = officially buttf*cked"

but since so many other people already knew about the phrases's KKK/nativist/xenophobic/exclusionary/white-supremacist usage, one would think that Willard Gekko's deep pockets could pay for researchers on this staff to reduce his foot-in-mouth outbreaks.

or maybe Willard was desperately dog-whistling to those hate groups.

Buyout Profits Keep Flowing to Romney

In what would be the final deal of his private equity career, he negotiated a retirement agreement with his former partners that has paid him a share of Bain's profits ever since, bringing the Romney family millions of dollars in income each year and bolstering the fortune that has helped finance Mr. Romney's political aspirations.

The arrangement allowed Mr. Romney to pursue his career in public life while enjoying much of the financial upside of being a Bain partner as the company grew into a global investing behemoth.

In the process, Bain continued to buy and restructure companies, potentially leaving Mr. Romney exposed to further criticism that he has grown wealthier over the last decade partly as a result of layoffs. Moreover, much of his income from the arrangement has probably qualified for a lower tax rate than ordinary income under a tax provision favorable to hedge fund and private equity managers, which has become a point of contention in the battle over economic inequality.

But since Mr. Romney's payouts from Bain have come partly from the firm's share of profits on its customers' investments, that income probably qualifies for the 15 percent tax rate reserved for capital gains, rather than the 35 percent that wealthy taxpayers pay on ordinary income. The Internal Revenue Service allows investment managers to pay the lower rate on the share of profits, known in the industry as "carried interest," that they receive for running funds for investors.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/article?a=882047&f=19

==========

When their was talk a while back of taxing income from fees paid by funds (not gains from personal investments) as normal income (not capital gains), the wealthy fund mgrs bought enough Congressmen to keep their extremely lucrative loophole wide open, even with the Repugs and tea baggers screaming falselhy about deficits.

TeyshaBlue
09-06-2012, 09:40 AM

Wasserman certainly wears the label proudly.

boutons_deux
09-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Wasserman ain't on the Dem ticket of liars.

otoh, Gecko and Ryan are the Repug ticket of liars, with lying, slandering assholes like Rove and Bob Perry spewing LIES non-stop from here to the election with Yoni's "treasure".

TeyshaBlue
09-06-2012, 10:00 AM
She's the DNC chairperson. She engineers the ticket. http://homerecording.com/bbs/images/smilies/facepalm.gif

And LOfuckingL at blasting Rove while ignoring Wasserman. You really are the blueteam fluffer on this issue.

FromWayDowntown
09-06-2012, 10:15 AM

Speak for yourself.

Wait -- did Wild Cobra just admit that he wants to be a political forum jizz rag?

Winehole23
09-06-2012, 10:17 AM
nm

djohn2oo8
09-06-2012, 10:19 AM
Wait -- did Wild Cobra just admit that he wants to be a political forum jizz rag?

:lmao

Winehole23
09-06-2012, 10:22 AM
A reading of the Republican Party’s platforms from 2008 and 2012 reveals that Republicans have toned down language in their platform related to Israeli sovereignty over Jerusalem.

The revelation comes just a day after Republican Jewish groups, and presidential candidate Mitt Romney himself, blasted Democrats (http://www.timesofisrael.com/democratic-party-platform-stripped-of-key-pro-israel-policy-statements-republicans-charge/) on the first day of their convention for removing key pro-Israel provisions, on Jerusalem and other issues, from the Democratic platform.

The Republican platform changes included removing the adjective “undivided” from references to Jerusalem, and cutting the sentence supporting the relocation of the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.

The 2008 platform (http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=78545) included the sentence “We support Jerusalem as the undivided capital of Israel and moving the American embassy to that undivided capital of Israel.”

In the 2012 platform (http://www.gop.com/2012-republican-platform_Exceptionalism/#Item25), that sentence is missing, with the only reference to Jerusalem – “Israel with Jerusalem as its capital” – lacking the word “undivided.” Support for moving the embassy to Jerusalem is excised entirely.
http://www.timesofisrael.com/republicans-too-toned-down-support-for-israeli-jerusalem-from-platform/

FromWayDowntown
09-06-2012, 10:35 AM
Why anyone actually cares about what the party's platform says is beyond me.

I'm not aware of any elected official who has ever governed based upon the positions taken by his or her party in a written platform and I hope that remains true.

The notion that anyone -- in any party -- should be bound by or embraces each statement in a document written by fervent ideologues strikes me as patently ridiculous.

Winehole23
09-06-2012, 11:05 AM
endless fodder for ad hominem and strawman attacks. generalizing from the particular is the bread and butter of this forum, tbh.

Yonivore
09-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Why anyone actually cares about what the party's platform says is beyond me.

I'm not aware of any elected official who has ever governed based upon the positions taken by his or her party in a written platform and I hope that remains true.

The notion that anyone -- in any party -- should be bound by or embraces each statement in a document written by fervent ideologues strikes me as patently ridiculous.
I don't think reasonable people expect a specific candidate to be bound by or embrace each plank in the platform, it is a general statement of for what the party stands -- as a whole.

And, as a whole, the Democrats -- according to their platform -- are a bunch of Godless Jew haters.

Spurminator
09-06-2012, 01:31 PM
And, as a whole, the Democrats -- according to their platform -- are a bunch of Godless Jew haters.

NUH UH!

Democrats voted to amend their party's platform to include the word "God" and name Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

coyotes_geek
09-06-2012, 01:33 PM
:lol Nice bit of self ownage there by yoni.

FromWayDowntown
09-06-2012, 01:35 PM
endless fodder for ad hominem and strawman attacks. Generalizing from the particular is the bread and butter of this forum, tbh.

i don't think reasonable people expect a specific candidate to be bound by or embrace each plank in the platform, it is a general statement of for what the party stands -- as a whole.

And, as a whole, the democrats -- according to their platform -- are a bunch of godless jew haters.

q.e.d.

Yonivore
09-06-2012, 01:40 PM
NUH UH!
It was pretty clear, when watching, the nay's had it...by a long shot. Villaraigosa called for the no vote three times and, each time, it got louder.

Godless Jew haters.

Spurminator
09-06-2012, 01:45 PM
It was pretty clear, when watching, the nay's had it...by a long shot. Villaraigosa called for the no vote three times and, each time, it got louder.

Who cares? It's in the platform now. Ask Mitt Romney if delegate feedback means anything.

Scoreboard bitches!

coyotes_geek
09-06-2012, 01:50 PM
I don't think reasonable people expect a specific candidate to be bound by or embrace each plank in the platform, it is a general statement of for what the party stands -- as a whole.

So a party's platform IS a general statement for what the party stands for as a whole..........

Godless Jew haters.

........EXCEPT for when you don't want it to be.

TeyshaBlue
09-06-2012, 01:53 PM
So a party's platform IS a general statement for what the party stands for as a whole..........

Boom goes the logic bomb.

Clipper Nation
09-06-2012, 02:08 PM
Isn't it funny how Y:lolni is suddenly concerned with voice vote rigging when the Dems do it, but when the RNCheat rigged a voice vote in order to fuck over Ron Paul and all other future non-neocon grassroots candidates, he DEFENDED it on here....

Go Team Go!

:cheer :cheer :cheer

Yonivore
09-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Isn't it funny how Y:lolni is suddenly concerned with voice vote rigging when the Dems do it, but when the RNCheat rigged a voice vote in order to fuck over Ron Paul and all other future non-neocon grassroots candidates, he DEFENDED it on here....

Go Team Go!

:cheer :cheer :cheer
First of all, I've made no secret that I think Ron Paul should leave the Republican Party and run as the Libertarian he is. Second, I didn't watch the voice vote on the Republican rule change and, so, have no opinion except that I'm satisfied with the outcome. Third, my criticism of the Democrat voice vote had less to do with the subject of the vote than it did with how idiotic it made them look.

Go Team Go!

Yonivore
09-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Yes.

Except when Party bosses specifically exclude a plank clearly desired by the delegates.

SA210
09-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Second, I didn't watch the voice vote on the Republican rule change and, so, have no opinion except that I'm satisfied with the outcome.

A few things..

1) So you normally vote and support things that you don't know about.

2) You asked for a name of a liar at the RNC, and for the proof to be given.

Regardless of your opinion on Ron Paul, the fact remains, I did provide a man in the RNC who lied along with the proof, and not only did HE/THEY lie, it was a lie to RIG an ELECTION, how much worse can a lie get? (well they did lie us into war)

Anyhow, I'm not quite sure I believe you when you say you didn't watch the vote and the proof, but even if you didn't that's makes you pretty damn ignorant either way and a big part of what hurts this country.

Dems who also ignore this are just as bad.

Well this is easy..

Liar
wd28_zXZF-Y

Example
Pp7VUxrId6E

/thread

Clipper Nation
09-06-2012, 02:52 PM
First of all, I've made no secret that I think Ron Paul should leave the Republican Party and run as the Libertarian he is.
Willard should leave the Republican Party and start a new Statist Party for himself, tbh...