PDA

View Full Version : Jerusalem And God Get Booed At Dem Convention

DarrinS
09-05-2012, 05:12 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/09/05/jerusalem_and_god_get_booed_at_dem_convention.html

Follow link to see the video. They took a verbal vote 3 times. You tell me if there was a 2/3 vote in the affirmative.

Delegates and members of the Democratic party booed after former Gov. Ted Strickland (D-OH) discussed God and moved to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

Convention chairman Antonio Villaraigosa, mayor of Los Angeles, had to ask for the Yea and Nay vote several times before declaring the motion passed.

C-SPAN cameras captured the dissatisfaction among members after the motion passed.

DarrinS
09-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Shoulda just left their platform as-is.

SnakeBoy
09-05-2012, 05:19 PM
:lmao Damn that video was funny.

SnakeBoy
09-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Who was the chick that came out and told him to give a big fuck you to the half or more that opposed?

MannyIsGod
09-05-2012, 05:24 PM
I can only hope they were booing the gigantic waste of time but then again thats pretty much the entire function of the convention.

DMC
09-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Good. It's about time people start putting fiction where it belongs.

DarrinS
09-05-2012, 06:00 PM
I like the look on the girl's face who is holding the "Arab American Democrat" sign. She's thinking "..the fuck is this?".

Spurminator
09-05-2012, 06:13 PM
Yes. They were booing God. Because another name for God is "Our Faith and Belief in God is Central to the American Story and Informs the Values We've Expressed In Our Party's Platform."

I believe He called Himself this somewhere in Leviticus.

This is in no way an oversimplified soundbytey way to report what really happened and you are in no way a moron for falling for it and reposting here.

And the Jerusalem part is obviously very important. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Borat Sagyidev
09-05-2012, 06:24 PM
Can't believe people waste so much time on a imaginary man in the sky.

This country will move forward when Abrahamic religions are considered that they are, destructive.

SnakeBoy
09-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Reports are now that Obama personally got involved to make this happen :lol

Juggity
09-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Well, it was a nice try to keep it out of the platform but for the time being religious interests are still too strong in this country. Over the next fifteen or twenty years that will change, but for now it's definitely a necessary evil to include that message in the platform.

Quite frankly, religion doesn't belong in politics and it doesn't belong in government at all.

DMX7
09-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Rightfully so.

mavs>spurs
09-05-2012, 07:18 PM
athiests unite

Bartleby
09-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Worshipers, get on your knees

Jacob1983
09-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Didn't Republicans boo the golden rule when Ron Paul mentioned in one of the debates?

FuzzyLumpkins
09-06-2012, 02:20 AM
Who gives a shit?

Wild Cobra
09-06-2012, 02:31 AM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/09/05/jerusalem_and_god_get_booed_at_dem_convention.html

Follow link to see the video. They took a verbal vote 3 times. You tell me if there was a 2/3 vote in the affirmative.
Oh... My... God...

It was clear the democrats do like like Israel as a majority, but the Chair would have nothing to do with it.

This is almost as bad as what the republicans did to Ron Paul.

Wild Cobra
09-06-2012, 02:32 AM
I like the look on the girl's face who is holding the "Arab American Democrat" sign. She's thinking "..the fuck is this?".
LOL...

I noticed that too.

Wild Cobra
09-06-2012, 02:33 AM
Can't believe people waste so much time on a imaginary man in the sky.

This country will move forward when Abrahamic religions are considered that they are, destructive.
I can't either, but this wasn't about any God. This was bout recognizing the capital of Israel.

DarrinS
09-06-2012, 07:02 AM
Hmmmmm

http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/2012/09/05/picture-snapped-and-emailed-to-me-by-a-colleague-from-the-clarification-process/

jack sommerset
09-06-2012, 07:25 AM
Hypocrites. God bless

Clipper Nation
09-06-2012, 08:08 AM
I can only hope they were booing the gigantic waste of time but then again thats pretty much the entire function of the convention.

Yeah, now that they've become taxpayer-funded coronations instead of a (small r) republican nomination process, we might as well not even have them, tbh.....

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-06-2012, 08:15 AM
I like when Republicans pretend to care about Israel for no reason simply because that's what Republican talking heads tell them to do :lol

Clipper Nation
09-06-2012, 08:22 AM
I like when Republicans pretend to care about Israel for no reason simply because that's what Republican talking heads tell them to do :lol

Oh no, they care about Israel, firstly because it's a convenient excuse for Islamophobia and more undeclared religious/oil wars in the Middle East, and secondly, so they can hold the "anti-Semitic" smear over any Republican who doesn't fall in line with the warmongering agenda, tbh...

coyotes_geek
09-06-2012, 08:29 AM

Welcome to red team, here's your bundle! Tax cuts, pro life, no gay marriage, Israel...........PUPPY!

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/3BcQpOGpxcI/0.jpg

Sportcamper
09-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Antonio Villaraigosa handled that well...:lol

DarrinS
09-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Voter fraud even on the smallest of scales.

Yonivore
09-06-2012, 09:20 AM
You can hope, Manny but, Democrats (at least those who write the platform and serve as delegates) are just a bunch of Godless Jew haters.

Spurminator
09-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Hmmmmm

http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/2012/09/05/picture-snapped-and-emailed-to-me-by-a-colleague-from-the-clarification-process/

Comment section is a good laugh. Thanks for posting.

101A
09-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Hmmmmm

I've suspected the teleprompters took over our country a few years ago; just more evidence.

Blake
09-06-2012, 11:03 AM
I've suspected the teleprompters took over our country a few years ago; just more evidence.

”tele what?”

-Sarah Palin's hand

101A
09-06-2012, 11:21 AM
Voter fraud even on the smallest of scales.

Small scale.

Large visibility.

George Gervin's Afro
09-06-2012, 11:39 AM
why is this even an issue?

admiralsnackbar
09-06-2012, 11:43 AM
Welcome to red team, here's your bundle! Tax cuts, pro life, no gay marriage, Israel...........PUPPY!

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/3BcQpOGpxcI/0.jpg
Winner :lol

Clipper Nation
09-06-2012, 12:14 PM
You can hope, Manny but, Democrats (at least those who write the platform and serve as delegates) are just a bunch of Godless Jew haters.

Go Team Go!

:cheer :cheer :cheer

All that water you're carrying must be awfully heavy, Y:lolni.....

Yonivore
09-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Go Team Go!

:cheer :cheer :cheer

All that water you're carrying must be awfully heavy, Y:lolni.....
Well, you tell me what it means when the exclude God from their platform and remove the reference of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and then, when they get called on it and try to jam it back in, the delegates boo, hiss, and jeer.

I say it means the Democrat who wrote the platform and many who are attending as delegates are a Godless bunch of Jew haters.

Yonivore
09-06-2012, 12:24 PM
The Republicans already have the ad...

K5ay6C8oy2w

Clipper Nation
09-06-2012, 12:25 PM
It tells me that at least ONE side realizes that religion and the petty shit that comes with it has NO place in the governance of a large, diverse nation, tbh....

Yonivore
09-06-2012, 12:27 PM
It tells me that at least ONE side realizes that religion and the petty shit that comes with it has NO place in the governance of a large, diverse nation, tbh....
God != Religion and, American voters know the difference.

Yonivore
09-06-2012, 12:31 PM
And, in doing so, they managed to piss off both Israel and the Palestinians.

More of that "smart diplomacy."

Democrats Fumble Major Israel Issue, Put Jerusalem As Capital In Platform (http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/09/05/democrats-fumble-israel-issue-put-jerusalem-as-capital-back-in-platform/)

Jewish leaders reacted swiftly.

“The principle that Jerusalem should remain united and is the capital of Israel has been enshrined for a long time,” said Malcolm Hoenlein, the Executive Vice Chairman of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations.

“It concerns me. It concerns every Jew,” said Chanina Sperlin, Executive VP of the Crown Heights Council. “It’s a big mistake leaving that out of the party platform.”

Many Palestinians were also annoyed. They want Jerusalem as the capital of a Palestinian state.

“The debate surrounding this, it’s not so much about the peace process and a peaceful solution in the Middle East, but it’s more about scoring points, whether you’re a Democrat or Republican, and that’s unfortunate,” said Muneer Awad from the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

Spurminator
09-06-2012, 12:36 PM
:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Yonivore
09-06-2012, 01:30 PM
:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer
Well, once again, Republicans are on the right side of this argument and, I hope they beat the Democrats about the head and shoulders with that video for the next 60 days.

Villaraigosa's expression is priceless.

ChumpDumper
09-06-2012, 01:30 PM
God != Religion and, American voters know the difference.Belief in a god is religion, you colossal idiot.

And what has Israel ever done for the US to justify our cowering to its demands?

FromWayDowntown
09-06-2012, 01:33 PM

What a fascinating use of a parenthetical.

Spurminator
09-06-2012, 01:34 PM
villaraigosa's expression is priceless.

i know right? I totally laughed my ass off! Stupid dem!!

Clipper Nation
09-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Belief in a god is religion, you colossal idiot.
Not quite... could also be agnosticism, tbh.... that being said, we all know that whenever God is invoked in politics, it's always in a brazen attempt to pander to Christian evangelical voters, tbh....

And what has Israel ever done for the US to justify our cowering to its demands?
Buddy up with the corrupt Getting Old Party establishment, tbh....

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Oh no, they care about Israel, firstly because it's a convenient excuse for Islamophobia and more undeclared religious/oil wars in the Middle East, and secondly, so they can hold the "anti-Semitic" smear over any Republican who doesn't fall in line with the warmongering agenda, tbh...
That's my point, they only pretend to care about :cryIsrael:cry because of ulterior motives. In some instances (Marco Rubio, Jeb Bush) it's to get the Jew vote. I have several Jewish friends who are smart people but turn into neocons when the subject of :cryIsrael:cry gets brought up.

Oh, Gee!!
09-07-2012, 01:27 PM
perhaps the boos were expressed to show dissatisfication with the party's perceived kowtowing to the Tea Party types who falsely accuse our president of being of a Muslim?