PDA

View Full Version : A serious question for astronomy/astrology/history peoples...

Stringer_Bell
09-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Have any of you come across any books/theories/etc that have dealt with the idea that planetary formations and constellations have an effect or correspond with certain historical events?

For example, like, some shit in the sky was aligned a certain way when MLK got shot. Or, for instance, there was a planetary alignment that signaled the fall of Rome. Ya know, shit like that.

I've been trying to find books on amazon and the internets using keywords, but nothing seems to help. I know for a fact that such a book exists, I found one in 2005 at a Barnes & Noble, brand new book about all sorts of historical events on Earth and how the universe had corresponding movements. I didn't buy it, so now I'm appealing to ya'll for some info so that, YHWH willing, I can buy it.

Any and all discussion of this important topic is much appreciated. God bless.

DPG21920
09-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Google: Galactic Alignment

Stringer_Bell
09-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Google: Galactic Alignment

DPG w/ the goods!! Thank you. At first, I googled it and was like "wtf" after seeing all the silly 2012 shit, but since I had never heard that term before I started integrating it into my searches and BAM! The book is called Cosmos and Psyche: Intimations of a New World View.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/cosmos-and-psyche-richard-tarnas/1100624937

From a philosopher whose magisterial history of Western thought was praised by Joseph Campbell and Huston Smith comes a brilliant new book that traces the connection between cosmic cycles and archetypal patterns of human experience. Drawing on years of research and on thinkers from Plato to Jung, Richard Tarnas explores the planetary correlations of epochal events like the French Revolution, the two world wars, and September 11. Whether read as astrology updated for the quantum age or as a contemporary classic of spirituality, Cosmos and Psyche is a work of immense sophistication, deep learning, and lasting importance.

mouse
09-05-2012, 10:10 PM
0y3lxD0MxqY

Wild Cobra
09-06-2012, 02:43 AM
I probably have no thoughts you think are useful for you on this topic, but I will offer my opinion.

I think that there are enough unusual celestial alignments that are coincidental in enough societal changes, that people started looking into this area. I personally believe it's all coincidence, and that most major changes on this planet have no celestial alignments to tag them to.

mouse
09-06-2012, 08:51 PM
I may have to disagree for the fact that the universe seems to be a perfect mechanical operating system the way all the planets and moons orbit each other in a perfect sequence.
It's almost as if the solar system was like the inside of a rolex watch.

The earth has a 365 day orbit with spring summer fall and winter. With all that we know today something intelligent played a role and I think it would be an insult to this intelligence if it had no idea when the planets line up and wouldn't have spectacular events take place just to remind us it exist.

Proxy
09-06-2012, 08:55 PM
The earth has a 365 day orbit with spring summer fall and winter. With all that we know today something intelligent played a role and I think it would be an insult to this intelligence if it had no idea when the planets line up and wouldn't have spectacular events take place just to remind us it exist.

:lmao

Agloco
09-06-2012, 09:04 PM
I may have to disagree for the fact that the universe seems to be a perfect mechanical operating system the way all the planets and moons orbit each other in a perfect sequence.

They wobble quite a bit. You cannot observe this with the naked eye though. Pretty shitty rolex if you ask me.

mouse
09-06-2012, 09:17 PM
They wobble quite a bit. You cannot observe this with the naked eye though. Pretty shitty rolex if you ask me.

But it keeps time and unlike your timex you can actually pawn a rolex.

DMC
09-06-2012, 09:24 PM
If you bend space/time you can always align the planets. Besides, they are never actually aligned. The amount of positional error the common observer allows is millions of miles. We are not privy to the remote viewer's view.

Drachen
09-06-2012, 09:33 PM

They run into each other pretty often too. Maybe we should have gone with a Tag Heuer watch. Much better build quality.

mouse
09-06-2012, 09:38 PM
They run into each other pretty often too. Maybe we should have gone with a Tag Heuer watch. Much better build quality.

Does the Tag Heuer have a designer or did it evolve from a casio over millions of years?

Stringer_Bell
09-06-2012, 11:51 PM
I probably have no thoughts you think are useful for you on this topic, but I will offer my opinion.

I think that there are enough unusual celestial alignments that are coincidental in enough societal changes, that people started looking into this area. I personally believe it's all coincidence, and that most major changes on this planet have no celestial alignments to tag them to.

I think the author of the book has touched on it a bit, and I agree with him in subscribing to a more "meaningful" approach on this topic, which is to say that there probably isn't a causal connection between the stars and human history...BUT, the connection is found in the meaning WE assess to the movement of the cosmos. This is where astrology comes in, for example it is a well known fact that the Reagan Administration utilized an astrologist (the extent of which is debatable). People assess meaning to the phases of the moon and the constellations, and it inspires them or stirs something in them that manifests itself in poetic actions like love, war, etc etc etc. The observations of coincidences are the fun part, wondering if MAYBE our little speck of existence is part of a grander plan of balance/counter-balance set into motion by something far bigger than we can comprehend (perhaps not even an intelligence like a God, maybe just some level of logic at a level we can't see/are too afraid to see). It's just something to think about, I suppose.

DPG21920
09-07-2012, 12:01 AM
You should read The Mayan Calendar and the Transformation of Consciousness.

Wild Cobra
09-07-2012, 03:21 AM

well, over the long term, this timing does change.Orbits of planets and comets affect each other. The earth goes through three cyclical changes and it does affect the length of the year a little.

I do however find the mathematical relationships between the different types of years, to the length of the sides of one of the pyramids in Egypt, beyond coincidence.

From wiki, Year (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year):

The sidereal year is the time taken for the Earth to complete one revolution of its orbit, as measured against a fixed frame of reference (such as the fixed stars, Latin sidera, singular sidus). Its average duration is 365.256363004 mean solar days (365 d 6 h 9 min 9.76 s) (at the epoch J2000.0 = January 1, 2000, 12:00:00 TT).[3]

The tropical year is the period of time for the ecliptic longitude of the Sun to increase by 360 degrees. Since the Sun's ecliptic longitude is measured with respect to the equinox, the tropical year comprises a complete cycle of the seasons; because of the economic importance of the seasons, the tropical year is the basis of most calendars. The tropical year is often defined as the time between southern solstices, or between northward equinoxes. Because of the Earth's axial precession, this year is about 20 minutes shorter than the sidereal year. The mean tropical year is approximately 365 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes, 45 seconds[4] (= 365.24219 days).

From Great Pyramid Statistics (http://www.crystalinks.com/gpstats.html)

Tropical Year or Calendar Year:
The length of a base is 9131 PI from corner to corner in a straight line. The length of a base side at the base socket level is 9131 pyramid inches or 365.24 pyramid cubits. The length of a base side at sidereal socket level is 9131.4 pyramid inches or 365.256+ pyramid cubits. The length of the perimeter at the sidereal socket level is 36525.63629+ pyramid inches. 201 complete courses of masonry remain with remnants of 2 more at the summit.

mouse
09-07-2012, 04:43 AM
Well I know it's not literally like a watch but you get the idea.

After all your going to have millions of stars and yet they are all spaced apart in a way that no danger to any major planet or other star has to avoid hitting?

If this so called "big bang" really took place there should be a clump of stars and planets all banging against each other like a pinball.

Second, it males no sense to just have one planet with life,air,water,trees,ice,and a protective atmosphere your going to say this "random big bang" also provided us with a protected layer to keep our planet safe from falling debri and filter harmful radiation?

Sorry folks but your giving these pin head scientist way to much credit this is just too much bullshit to absorb unless your already brain dead.

Wild Cobra
09-07-2012, 04:50 AM
Well I know it's not literally like a watch but you get the idea.

After all your going to have millions of stars and yet they are all spaced apart in a way that no danger to any major planet or other star has to avoid hitting?

If this so called "big bang" really took place there should be a clump of stars and planets all banging against each other like a pinball.

Second, it males no sense to just have one planet with life,air,water,trees,ice,and a protective atmosphere your going to say this "random big bang" also provided us with a protected layer to keep our plante safe from falling debri and filter harmful radiation?

Sorry folks but that's just too much bullshit to absorb unless your brain dead.
Now I agree it would be unlikely that our earth is the only planet in the universe with life. That said, we may never know in our lifetime, or ever. Breaking the light speed barrier may or may not be possible. We just don't know.

I don't know what the count of stars are within say 20 light years, but do any of them have a planet in the "Goldilocks Zone?"

Again, I don't believe in something or disbelieve because it suits my desires. I just keep an open mind.

mouse
09-07-2012, 07:14 AM
Well lets take this a step further. Why would the planets be round? If a huge ball of mass exploded with some unknown matter that is 1,000,000,000 times stronger than the explosives used to bring down wtc7 wouldn't the planets be jagged or odd shaped like you get when you use dynamite a large rock? When you explode a huge rock do you get perfect bowling ball shape rocks? And these planets are individuals some have fancy rings around them and others are red and one has a built in atmosphere?

what kind of huge rock with all these different DNA strands can produce individual planets with separate DNA qualities.

shouldn't all planets look like Mars since we exploded from the same mass?

Don't get me started on the moons that rotate in the opposite direction as the rest of the planets.

mouse
09-07-2012, 07:19 AM
It's a Scientific fact when matter explodes in an outward motion all mass rotates in the same direction. Why would Jupiter have two moons that rotate in the opposite direction. Did these huge objects just stop and then began to spin in the other direction due to osmosis?

Sometimes I think most Scientist would be better off doing stand up comedy. :lmao

Wild Cobra
09-07-2012, 07:25 AM
Well lets take this a step further. Why would the planets be round? If a huge ball of mass exploded with some unknown matter that is 1,000,000,000 times stronger than the explosives used to bring down wtc7 wouldn't the planets be jagged or odd shaped like you get when you use dynamite a large rock? When you explode a huge rock do you get perfect bowling ball shape rocks?
They are round, because that is how strong gravity is. Over time, that is the shape they become. Spherical.

And these planets are individuals some have fancy rings around them and others are red and one has a built in atmosphere?

Yes, that is the lock of the draw around the Sol star system.

what kind of huge rock with all these different DNA strands can produce individual planets with separate DNA qualities.

The rocks don't contain the DNA. There are different theories as to how life became life. There is really no way to say any one hypothesis is correct.

shouldn't all planets look like Mars since we exploded from the same mass?

Why would they? The distance alone dictates a different ferocity of solar winds. the degree of magnetic forces are very important. Tidal forces are also important No moon, one, two, etc. That's just a few quick thoughts that come to mind. It is in no way exclusive.

Don't get me started on the moons that rotate in the opposite direction as the rest of the planets.

Can't you think outside the box?

mouse
09-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Pretty shitty rolex if you ask me.

Sorry but shitty and Rolex can't be in the same sentence, well maybe the ones you can buy at the Asian flea market 6 blocks from your trailer park.

mouse
09-07-2012, 07:39 AM
They are round, because that is how strong gravity is. Over time, that is the shape they become. Spherical.
years

Are you serious? Over time? are you falling for the "billions" of years trap?

Dude I had faith in you I actually thought your light bulb turned on.

If your going to say "gravity" is some sort of chisel (which makes no sense) then shouldn't different planets have different shapes since each one has a different gravitation force? are you saying the moon has the same gravity as Earth? it's just as round.

And shouldn't the planets with hardly any gravity be square shaped according to your theory?

Earth has some of the best Gravity in this galaxy and not one exploded rock is getting any rounder with time.

Did I miss your point?

And as you reply ponder this. Since the so-called "big Bang" the moon has been drifting away from the earth at 4 inches a year. If the earth is 4 Billion years old could the Moon be 16 billion inches closer to earth?

You have an idea how many Inches the moon is from Earth?

mouse
09-07-2012, 07:45 AM
The rocks don't contain the DNA. The distance alone dictates a different ferocity of solar winds. the degree of magnetic forces are very important. Tidal forces are also important No moon, one, two, etc. That's just a few quick thoughts that come to mind. It is in no way exclusive.

If I explode a bull why would some people get hit with Pork and others with beef?

Are you not understanding the DNA comment? Its a metaphor to try and explain the single Mass that exploded.

Wild Cobra
09-07-2012, 07:49 AM
years

Are you serious? Over time? are you falling for the "billions" of years trap?

Do you have evidence it isn't that old?

Dude I had faith in you I actually thought your light bulb turned on.

If your going to say "gravity" is some sort of chisel (which makes no sense) then shouldn't different planets have different shapes since each one has a different gravitation force? are you saying the moon has the same gravity as Earth? it's just as round.

the smaller they are, the less gravity has the ability to make them round, since grvity and mass are joined.

And shouldn't the planets with hardly any gravity be square shaped according to your theory?

No particular shape. In fact, most smaller moons are not round.

Earth has some of the best Gravity in this galaxy and not one exploded rock is getting any rounder with time.

Did I miss your point?

I think so.

And as you reply ponder this. Since the so-called "big Bang" the moon has been drifting away from the earth at 4 inches a year. If the earth is 4 Billion years old could the Moon be 16 billion inches closer to earth?

Are you suggesting that any particular rate is constant? Maybe the moon is a captured celestial body. Nobody was there that long ago to do anything but make hypothesis.

You have an idea how many Inches the moon is from Earth?

Quite a few. Any idea how silly it is to think modern measurements of movement haven't changed over time?

Wild Cobra
09-07-2012, 07:54 AM
Why would Jupiter have two moons that rotate in the opposite direction.
Which of the 66 known moons are you speaking of?

Did you know that several moons have retrograde orbits?

Wild Cobra
09-07-2012, 07:55 AM
Are you not understanding the DNA comment? Its a metaphor to try and explain the single Mass that exploded.
Are you suggesting that if someone doesn't believe in creationism, that they believe in the big bang?

mouse
09-07-2012, 08:02 AM
Do you have evidence it isn't that old?

Does a hobby horse have a wooden dick?

Come on WC put down the meth pipe and come back when your the WC from yesterday.

I have tons of evidence.

According to "Science" the oldest comet is 10-15 thousand years old. If comets are a result of the "Big Bang" that took place "12 Billion" years ago how can we still have comets today?

According to "Science" the Sun loses 5 feet of Mass every 30 Minutes how big would the sun be "12 Billion" years ago and wouldn't it burn everything in the solar system?

Dude the oldest Coral reef is 5,000 years old if Earth was only "one million" years old shouldn't we have at least a 250,000 year old reef somewhere?

Shall I bring up Niagara Falls and the Trees?

Wild Cobra
09-07-2012, 08:04 AM
Does a hobby horse have a wooden dick?

Come on WC put down the meth pipe and come back when your the WC from yesterday.

I have tons of evidence.

According to "Science" the oldest comet is 10-15 thousand years old. If comets are a result of the "Big Bang" that took place "12 Billion" years ago how can we still have comets today?
If...