PDA

View Full Version : Shaq to play for San Antonio?

irishock
09-07-2012, 07:20 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8344498/shaquille-oneal-play-mexico

Latarian Milton
09-07-2012, 08:38 AM
mexico doesn't sound too bad for him imho at least he won't get sneered at for being fat there

BlackSwordsMan
09-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Can someone fix the the thread title to Mexico? The article says Mexico not San Antonio not sure how the OP flubbed that one. LOL!

Reck
09-07-2012, 11:02 AM
Can someone fix the the thread title to Mexico? The article says Mexico not San Antonio not sure how the OP flubbed that one. LOL!

He's trying to be funny. You know San Antonio is full of mexicans and so on..

krispinwah
09-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Posting in classic thread.

Kidd K
09-07-2012, 12:06 PM
Even though this is a troll thread, tbh I wouldn't mind having Shaq on the Spurs for a year. Splitter is a fuckin waste of space, and Blair's too short to defend all the bone breakers under the basket out in the west like Randolph, both Gasols, Howard, Aldridge, etc.

Would've been nice to have Shaq 2 years ago too so we had more than 1 player capable of a real post defense against the Grizzlies.

Reck
09-07-2012, 12:29 PM
Even though this is a troll thread, tbh I wouldn't mind having Shaq on the Spurs for a year. Splitter is a fuckin waste of space, and Blair's too short to defend all the bone breakers under the basket out in the west like Randolph, both Gasols, Howard, Aldridge, etc.

Would've been nice to have Shaq 2 years ago too so we had more than 1 player capable of a real post defense against the Grizzlies.

:lmao

Please man.

whitemamba
09-07-2012, 01:23 PM
:lol

LkrFan
09-07-2012, 03:54 PM
He's trying to be funny. You know San Antonio is full of mexicans and so on..

:rollin

Kidd K
09-07-2012, 06:53 PM
:lmao

Please man.

I don't see what's so funny. Shaq would've been nice to have to use against Randolph and Gasol even in his declined state. He didn't get smaller or weaker. Just fatter and slower. And both Randolph and Gasol aren't exactly fast. They're slow post scorers.

Reck
09-07-2012, 07:02 PM
About the Splitter comment.

I wouldn't take an old and fat Shaq over a young and developing center.

Splitter has yet to reach his peak.

Spurs da champs
09-07-2012, 08:28 PM

The man got punked by Derek Fisher & he's soft as hell like Pau Gasol with not even a fourth of the talent.

LkrFan
09-07-2012, 08:31 PM
The man got punked by Derek Fisher & he's soft as hell like Pau Gasol with not even a fourth of the talent.

"Shut eM Down" son. :lol

Kidd K
09-08-2012, 02:07 PM

You haven't seen Splitter enough if you think that. He can't play against decent bigs at all. He gets eaten up on defense and his only scores are on cuts, not post scores.

I had high hopes for Splitter, and even made excuses for him the first year and a half. After that it was obvious he wouldn't be improving. The guy's like 28, not 22. What you see is what you're going to get man. And it's not that much. Mediocre rebounder, mediocre post scoring, below average post defense, below average shot blocking. He also seems to think and react slowly on the court.

I'd be happy to have Shaq instead, in case the Spurs go against the Lakers or Grizzlies. Because Splitter isn't going to do shit against Either Gasol, Randolph, or Howard tbh. Duncan can't defend both at once, and besides, it isn't like I expect Shaq to play 30-35 minutes. I'd assume he'd only be playing 20 or so, which leaves another 28 for others to play at C. Adding Shaq wouldn't choke out all of Splitter's minutes. It'd be also eating into Bonner and Blair's minutes, which isn't a bad thing against LA or Memphis.

Latarian Milton
09-08-2012, 07:04 PM
bball was never the right game for them sissy whites like splitter in the first place imho. you have that young swole nigga who has an abundance of potential and he's like benched forever just because of one or two shitty games. dude does all the dirty works and complements duncan damn well, yet nigga has been badly underused which's beyond me