PDA

View Full Version : Saints players win appeal; can play this Sunday

Edward
09-07-2012, 02:55 PM
that is all

Goodell has some explaining to do.

djohn2oo8
09-07-2012, 02:58 PM
Goodell castrated in front of the world.

Darth_Pelican
09-07-2012, 03:01 PM
:lmao Goodell thinking he is God

Welcome to the real law. I hope he resigns.

djohn2oo8
09-07-2012, 03:03 PM
:lmao Goodell thinking he is God

Welcome to the real law. I hope he resigns.

His credibility is gone. He will have no real authority of any other infractions.

Darth_Pelican
09-07-2012, 03:05 PM
If I were Sean Payton, I would be on the phone with my attorneys right now trying to figure out how to get him resinstated as well.

DeadlyDynasty
09-07-2012, 03:13 PM
Boom. Headshot.

BRHornet45
09-07-2012, 03:34 PM
F'N right sons!

Roger Goodell is a disgraceful piece of shit who never had a leg to stand on with this scam from the start. His ass should be fired on the spot for attempting to ruin the reputations of others just to make himself look powerful and to create a storyline. Sure he may be laughing all the way to the bank with his absurd salary, but that son of a bitch will get his one day.

leemajors
09-07-2012, 04:38 PM
fire the commissioner of the most insanely profitable sports league on the planet :lmao the looming head injury apocalypse lawsuit has a much better chance of unseating him

symple19
09-07-2012, 04:45 PM
great news :tu

JoeTait75
09-07-2012, 05:55 PM
fire the commissioner of the most insanely profitable sports league on the planet :lmao the looming head injury apocalypse lawsuit has a much better chance of unseating him

The NFL would be the most profitable sports league on the planet even if Roger Goodell had never existed, tbh.

Edward
09-07-2012, 06:10 PM
The NFL would be the most profitable sports league on the planet even if Roger Goodell had never existed, tbh.
This.

I laugh when fans of small market NBA teams say, "If the NBA had a hard cap and parity like the NFL it'd be as popular as the NFL!"

symple19
09-07-2012, 08:07 PM
This.

I laugh when fans of small market NBA teams say, "If the NBA had a hard cap and parity like the NFL it'd be as popular as the NFL!"

I doubt it would as popular as the NFL but it would be a far more entertaining league

leemajors
09-08-2012, 01:19 PM

True, but have the owners indicated any sort of displeasure with Goodell?

leemajors
09-17-2012, 10:19 PM
On September 14, 2012, Gregg Williams executed a written declaration detailing and confirming much of the information previously referenced by the NFL regarding the New Orleans Saints bounty program, including the $10,000 pledge.

Specifically, in this new document Williams states, under penalty of perjury, that the bounty program was initially player-run and "very informal" before he took over and organized the program in 2009. Williams also says, under penalty of perjury, that Jonathan Vilma and fellow defensive captain Will Smith initially funded the 2009 bounty pool, or "kitty." Williams explained to Vilma and Smith that he would be taking it over and giving it more of a structure and that both Vilma and Smith were on board with his program.

Williams spends a significant portion of the unsworn document declaring exactly what the NFL wants him to, most likely in the hopes of reinstatement by cooperation. He also defines terms like "cart-offs" and "knock outs," which is fun for a football fan to read in a legal document, but mostly, he gave Jonathan Vilma exactly what he's been asking for when he claims that there is no evidence of a bounty. From paragraph 12, of the declaration:

The Saints reached the playoffs during the 2009 season and ultimately won the Super Bowl in February 2010. The pay-for-performance pool continued to operate during the 2009 NFL season playoffs. During a team meeting the night before the 2009 NFC Championship Game against the Minnesota Vikings that was played in January 2010, Mr. Vilma addressed the defensive players and coaches (including me) who were present and pledged $10,000 to any player who knocked Brett Favre out of the game. I was never given any money because of a pledge related to the injury of a particular player, because I only administered funds related to the pay for performance pool. Brett Favre was not knocked out of our game against the Vikings, so I assume the money was not paid to anyone.

The declaration was provided to Vilma this afternoon when meeting with Roger Goodell to discuss his temporarily lifted suspension.

http://deadspin.com/5944046/under-penalty-of-perjury-gregg-williams-says-jonathan-vilma-pledged-10000-to-knock-out-brett-favre-in-2009-nfc-championship-game

DPG21920
09-17-2012, 10:41 PM
:lol

Trainwreck2100
09-17-2012, 11:21 PM
welp, if true, looks like spags is gonna be permanent DC cause nobody is going to work for a narc