PDA

View Full Version : A big thank you to Malik Rose...

Friscospur
06-25-2005, 01:21 PM
...for all of your turnovers, inconsistent play, and remaining in Pop's doghouse for most of the season. Because of this we were able to trade you for muhammed and propel us to the 2005 championship.

This would not be possible without you..

Again thanks...

violentkitten
06-25-2005, 01:22 PM
yeah, nazr really stepped it up in the finals. no doubt.

Sense
06-25-2005, 01:23 PM
...for all of your turnovers, inconsistent play, and remaining in Pop's doghouse for most of the season. Because of this we were able to trade you for muhammed and propel us to the 2005 championship.

This would not be possible without you..

Again thanks...

Have to agree with you... I was the biggest Malik Rose hater on these forums, and I was begging for a trade...

Thanks Malik... for blowin.

Seru Giran
06-25-2005, 01:26 PM
I'll always cheer for el "Cabezon" now matter how unproductive he was with the Spurs. The guy is a class act.

violentkitten
06-25-2005, 01:27 PM
funny how rose gets knocked for what nazr brought to the finals. you dumbfucks are really that clueless apparently.

ALVAREZ6
06-25-2005, 01:27 PM
Nazr was good in the first round vs. Denver, but he totally blew in the finals.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-25-2005, 01:32 PM
Funny how Nazr was a big part of our first three rounds of the playoffs. Detroit made everyone on the Spurs look worse, but the Rose Colored Glasses society has to have something to bitch about I guess.

Friscospur
06-25-2005, 01:33 PM
Violentkitten..Remember there will not BE A FINAl to entertain if we did not win rounds one and two. Maybe I was looking at a different bracket or are you using fuzzy (violent kitten) math..?

Vashner
06-25-2005, 01:38 PM
Screw you.. Malik was a great Spur and fine community member. Only an A HOLE would have the balls to call him out like that.

Ishta
06-25-2005, 01:41 PM
Screw you.. Malik was a great Spur and fine community member. Only an A HOLE would have the balls to call him out like that.
amen

conversekid
06-25-2005, 01:43 PM
nazr played great the first 2 games of the finals - much like tony parker. witout nazr, we don't make it to the finals - and those are pops words.

without malik - we still make it the finals. I loved malik's heart and think he really helped us win in 03... but it was time to make a move. God's speed to Malik.

violentkitten
06-25-2005, 01:43 PM
nazr had maybe 3 good games in these playoffs. rose brought his A game much more consistently in the postseason than nazr did in this one. but i know, nazr is 2 inches taller so that's all that matters. you fuckers don't know jack about basketball and christ, a fucking aggie is one of the rose haters that says enough.

Sense
06-25-2005, 01:44 PM
Malik was a bench warmer, and last time I checked he would've never had the impact Nazr had... mostly because NAZR Started... I would've never expected Malik to start in the finals, would you think so?

I don't care how he was in the community, you have to get over him... the fact is he knew he was lucky being with the Spurs, and he tried too hard to make himself look like he was part of the team.

The Sad thing is, he NEVER was good enough for the team.

violentkitten
06-25-2005, 01:48 PM
before i forget, props to nazr for having no jumpshot and being worthless against any frontcourt with speed.

you rose haters are just as bad as the parker haters in here and it's not surprising that there is some overlap between the two groups.

violentkitten
06-25-2005, 01:49 PM
hey dense, rose was fucking great for this team for 6 fucking seasons. motherfucker are you really that stupid?

davi78239
06-25-2005, 01:52 PM
so, do you think he got an invite to the alamodome tonight?

conversekid
06-25-2005, 01:56 PM
if sense is stupid, does that mean pop and rc are stupid for making the trade? does it mean pop is stupid for saying without nazr we don't make it to the finals?

nazr tightened up during the second half of the finals... but i remember radio commentators saying, "I could close my eyes and if I heard offensive rebound, I could say nazr got it and be right 90% of the time". How quickly people forget.

I agree is hands of concrete got old real quick, but don't get crazy. He wasn't brought in for a jump shot... he was brought in for rebounds and defense and he did jus that - ask ben about nazr's d in crunch time of game 7... bbbbbbb block....

T Park
06-25-2005, 01:57 PM
hilarious.

Nazr Mohammed was averaging 9 and 9 and 2 in these playoffs consistently till he had a bad Finals.

Classic Malik Rose homerish hate.

Sense
06-25-2005, 01:57 PM
if sense is stupid, does that mean pop and rc are stupid for making the trade? does it mean pop is stupid for saying without nazr we don't make it to the finals?

nazr tightened up during the second half of the finals... but i remember radio commentators saying, "I could close my eyes and if I heard offensive rebound, I could say nazr got it and be right 90% of the time". How quickly people forget.

I agree is hands of concrete got old real quick, but don't get crazy. He wasn't brought in for a jump shot... he was brought in for rebounds and defense and he did jus that - ask ben about nazr's d in crunch time of game 7... bbbbbbb block....

Enough said from my part..

T Park
06-25-2005, 01:58 PM
I agree is hands of concrete got old real quick

Yeah, Rose was practically hands of glue......

violentkitten
06-25-2005, 01:59 PM
the spurs made that trade because they wanted to pare back long term salary. nothing more, nothing less.

mohammed was crap in the finals and that was against the type of frontline he was supposed to excel against.

LugNutz
06-25-2005, 02:04 PM
No, I still like Malik Rose as a player and community helper. He is a good example of how a player should carry himself on and off the court. Remember he dunked over Mutumbo, enough said!!!

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-25-2005, 02:15 PM
rose brought his A game much more consistently in the postseason than nazr did in this one.

Nazr was averaging 8 and 7 going into the NBA Finals. He finished averaging 7 and 6.7.

Malik's career playoff averages are 6 and 4.2. Try again.

mavsfan1000
06-25-2005, 02:18 PM
Detroit has a great frontline and both Duncan and Mohammad were below their usual stats. Horry was the best fit against the type of defense that Detroit had out their because he could spread the floor to open up more opportunities for the team.

ObiwanGinobili
06-25-2005, 02:18 PM

:tu :elephant :fro :elephant

violentkitten
06-25-2005, 02:20 PM
those stats mean nothing. just like parker's stats don't when it comes to assessing his game. nazr was crap in the finals round and his inability to handle the rock was far worse than malik rose's.

look, you're an aggie. don't try to talk basketball.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-25-2005, 02:20 PM
the spurs made that trade because they wanted to pare back long term salary. nothing more, nothing less.

That's what they told a Joe Public that was in love with bench scrub Malik Rose. In reality they knew they were getting a better player, but were sensitive enough to the community to not piss everyone off by saying Malik was on the decline and had been getting worse over the last two seasons.

mohammed was crap in the finals and that was against the type of frontline he was supposed to excel against.

Nazr was averaging 8 and 7 going into the NBA Finals. He averaged 5 and 6 against Detroit.

For comparison, Tim Duncan was averaging 25 and 11.8 going into the Finals. He averaged 20 and 14 against Detroit.

Tim's scoring decreased by 5 PPG against Detroit's big front line, Nazr's three. Maybe instead of bagging on Nazr you should acknowledge the fact Detroit plays some pretty good defense.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-25-2005, 02:24 PM
look, you're an aggie. don't try to talk basketball.

ooh, you got me.

his inability to handle the rock was far worse than malik rose's.

Alright: Nazr's playoff turnover average: 1.02 per game. Nazr's NBA Finals TO Avg: .71.

Malik Rose career playoffs: 1.17 TO/game.

Try again.

violentkitten
06-25-2005, 02:25 PM
oh, so now malik rose was a "bench scrub"? i'm sure you had no problem cheering for that "bench scrub" when he was stepping in for david robinson and helping the spurs win championships.

yes, it was about the money. it was always about the money. what the spurs have told the public was that it was done because nazr was "bigger". that's so casual fans like yourself could understand. of course having taller frontcourt players makes sense. certainly has worked for dallas.

nazr was crap against the exact kind of frontcourt that he should have excelled against. fuck man, he had duncan up front drawing detroit's attention. nazr should've had a monster series. instead he was worth jack shit.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-25-2005, 02:30 PM
In '99 Malik played a great role. In '03 he had a good game where he dunked on Mutombo that everyone remembers him for.

In '04 and '05 his numbers were down. For someone who bitches about Nazr's turnovers you sure seem to want to forget Malik throwing passes to the guy in the Duncan jersey in the fifth row.

As for Nazr in the Finals, Duncan's numbers were down against Detroit's front line too, I guess he fucking sucks too huh?

Just admit Detroit played great interior D and get on with your life.

violentkitten
06-25-2005, 02:32 PM
oh yes, malik was never huge for the spurs in the postseason just like you know more than pop about coaching. yeah right.

ducks
06-25-2005, 02:34 PM
be intersting to see what rose would have done against a great defensive team like the pistons in the finals
or what he never has yet

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-25-2005, 02:34 PM
oh yes, malik was never huge for the spurs in the postseason

Hey dumbfuck, read...

In '99 Malik played a great role.

violentkitten
06-25-2005, 02:35 PM
hey dumbfuck don't talk to me. you managed to get into redneck university so im sure you think you're hot shit. your malik rose hate is driven by an inability to understand the game. it's ok, you're an aggie, we understand.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-25-2005, 02:51 PM
Redneck U, an Aggie, you got me. When you've gotta attack someone's nickname, it's a good sign the argument's over.

your malik rose hate is driven by an inability to understand the game.

I understand his game was deteriorating the last two years, which seems more than you're capable of.

You and others said he'd change NY too, he sure had one hell of an impact when they were on a losing streak to close out the season.

violentkitten
06-25-2005, 02:54 PM
your handle is rather pertinent given the stupidity you have displayed in this forum on a consistent basis.

BronxCowboy
06-25-2005, 06:49 PM
All the fucking Rose haters can go straight to hell, and fuck themselves on the way. You're not fans, you're haters and assholes.

rl64tx
06-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Malik's best bet is to just go sell his fucking fat bomb cheesesteaks...The big pay check ruined him!!! He thought all he had to do is show up and collect :elephant

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-25-2005, 06:59 PM
Look, Malik kicked ass in '99. If he had kept playing like he did then, I'd wish he was still around.

'03 was the last hurrah, and he had a few good games here in there (much like his replacement had this post-season).

But the last two years he had gotten it in his head that he needed to shoot more and break the offense every time someone passed him the ball.

That's not Spurs basketball, and that wasn't his role. The last year and a half a lot of the lovers seem to want to gloss over when he was getting out-worked by the hustle players on other teams for the baskets and rebounds he used to own.

I'm sorry people can't accept that, but that's reality. Deal with it.

SequSpur
06-25-2005, 07:07 PM
Malik Rose plays for the Knicks. He had nothing to do with this championship.

This is not Spurs related.

Fuck Malik.

T Park
06-25-2005, 07:08 PM
Aggie, your makin too much sense again.......

Spursdaone
06-25-2005, 07:17 PM

Fuck Malik.
I agree. Shut the fuck up about the Malik talk. He is soft.

bigzak25
06-25-2005, 07:20 PM

Fuck Malik.

spurs related...hmmm...shall we talk about who quit on them after the 1st loss to denver? :lol

go back to your how many square does it take to wipe your ass thread...