PDA

View Full Version : GOP Congressman Suggests Student Loans Unconstitutional

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-08-2012, 10:24 AM
http://www.insidehighered.com/quicktakes/2012/09/07/gop-congressman-suggests-student-loans-unconstitutional

:lmao:lmao:lmao using a Holocaust Slippery Slope to argue against student loans

leemajors
09-08-2012, 11:13 AM
that is some muddled shit

Wild Cobra Kai
09-08-2012, 11:14 AM
http://www.insidehighered.com/quicktakes/2012/09/07/gop-congressman-suggests-student-loans-unconstitutional

:lmao:lmao:lmao using a Holocaust Slippery Slope to argue against student loans

This is what happens when the GOP is scraping the bottom of the "white people" barrel to squeeze out those last few votes in order to thwart the brown/black hordes.

DarrinS
09-08-2012, 11:17 AM
This is what happens when the GOP is scraping the bottom of the "white people" barrel to squeeze out those last few votes in order to thwart the brown/black hordes.

How did you get from the OP to a race issue?

White people don't get student loans?

boutons_deux
09-08-2012, 11:27 AM

absolutely not, just like white people don't get TANF, child health insurance, food stamps, etc, etc.

There is NO equivalent sociopathic insanity from non-Repugs to match the very numerous Repug assholes.

Wild Cobra Kai
09-08-2012, 12:26 PM

?? It's the GOP playbook, and has been since Nixon.

This GOP congressman is obviously a nutter, and my comment was just that they are scraping the bottom of the vote barrel, white people wise. They have almost no hope of getting more minority votes. Some projections have Romney needing 60% of the white vote to win, a figure that no candidate has EVER gotten in a POTUS election. Hence, the barrel scraping for any weirdo extremist white votes left, like the people who voted in this ass hat.

DarrinS
09-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Makes no sense

boutons_deux
09-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Makes no sense

aka, It's garden-variety GOP-pitude

Wild Cobra Kai
09-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Makes no sense

1) Party uses racist Southern Strategy for 40+ years.
2) Said party is running out of white people to vote for them.
3) They run and elect wiggers like the congressidiot in the link in order to cater to the more extremist/conspiracist elements of society. This is the bottom of the barrel scraping I was referring to.
4) In and of itself, 3) is not racist, but is a tactic that underpins the last desperate attempts to hold on to the racist strategy in 1).

Ginobilly
09-08-2012, 03:38 PM
absolutely not, just like white people don't get TANF, child health insurance, food stamps, etc, etc.

There is NO equivalent sociopathic insanity from non-Repugs to match the very numerous Repug assholes.

it's true! White people dwell into their kids that you have to be a responsible person. I remember my dad always telling me that if you can't provide for yourself and a family, you shouldn't be having a gf, much less kids. A true man feeds himself. I would rather starve to death than go to the food stamp office. That signifies that you son are a failure as a human being.

DarrinS
09-08-2012, 04:25 PM
3) They run and elect wiggers like the congressidiot in the link in order to cater to the more extremist/conspiracist elements of society. This is the bottom of the barrel scraping I was referring to.
4) In and of itself, 3) is not racist, but is a tactic that underpins the last desperate attempts to hold on to the racist strategy in 1).

Where do student loans fit into your retarded theory?

mavs>spurs
09-08-2012, 05:07 PM
what is unconstitutional is illegal be@ners going to school for free while i have to pay all that shit back..then they have an advantage in the job market via affirmative action to top it off.

mavs>spurs
09-08-2012, 05:10 PM
btw..while we're talking about things that aren't right, how is it not discrimination to post job ads looking for a "bilingual ________." they know that 99% of the people who speak fluent spanish are be@ners before you say language isn't a race.

Homeland Security
09-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Some projections have Romney needing 60% of the white vote to win, a figure that no candidate has EVER gotten in a POTUS election.
False. There are several instances of a candidate getting over 60% of the white vote. The most recent was 1988.

I expect Romney to collect 62% of the white vote.

boutons_deux
09-08-2012, 05:28 PM
more Repug xenophobic hate

GOP Congressman Tells Voters That Comparing Immigrants To Dogs Was Really A ‘Compliment’

King’s original comment, first flagged by Salon’s Alex Seitz-Wald in May, was made during a town hall meeting in Pocahontas, Iowa. He told the audience that immigrants were like bird dogs: “You get the pick of the litter and you got yourself a pretty good bird dog. Well, we’ve got the pick of every donor civilization on the planet,” he said.

given a chance to explain a comment he made in May comparing immigrants to dogs.

people that can take a compliment and turn it into an insult are not going to be constructive working across the isle. But that’s what that was, was a compliment. And everyone who was there that heard that knows that.

http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/09/07/812831/gop-congressman-tells-voters-that-comparing-immigrants-to-dogs-was-really-a-compliment/

Rep King of IA and Rep King of NY are royal assholes.

mavs>spurs
09-08-2012, 05:38 PM
the problem with immigration is that there are literally billions of people who would choose to come here for a better life if they could just snap their fingers and do it tomorrow. the people screaming for immigration reform always whine how you have to get on a list and wait for years to come over legally like that somehow excuses the illegals. well guess what? if we just opened the floodgates to anyone and everyone who wanted to come, we wouldn't have the infrastructure to support it. there is a reason for immigration laws, every country on earth has them. what that congressman said is RIGHT, only the best and brightest, the "pick of the litter" so to speak should be allowed in because we honestly can't afford the rest. you can't have a welfare state and unchecked immigration simultaneously.

Wild Cobra Kai
09-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Where do student loans fit into your retarded theory?

Denying student loans are constitutional obviously fits under 3) electing wigger weirdos to try to maintain your base.

Wild Cobra Kai
09-08-2012, 07:16 PM
btw..while we're talking about things that aren't right, how is it not discrimination to post job ads looking for a "bilingual ________." they know that 99% of the people who speak fluent spanish are be@ners before you say language isn't a race.

Language isn't a race, and I highly doubt it's 99%. There are plenty of INTELLIGENT Anglos who speak multiple languages.

DarrinS
09-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Denying student loans are constitutional obviously fits under 3) electing wigger weirdos to try to maintain your base.

Ok, so "student loans" are yet another racist dog whistle. Thanks for the heads up.

Wild Cobra Kai
09-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Ok, so "student loans" are yet another racist dog whistle. Thanks for the heads up.

DarrinS
09-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Still lame. Keep trying.

mavs>spurs
09-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Language isn't a race, and I highly doubt it's 99%. There are plenty of INTELLIGENT Anglos who speak multiple languages.

nonsense..i don't know a single white person in texas who speaks fluent spanish. i know one mixed black guy who does..but then again i think he's part spanish...

anyway, that job ad is definitely discriminatory. the amount of people who are bilingual here in texas is OVERWHELMINGLY hispanic. that is PURE discrimination against whites and blacks but it's ALLOWED while white people are constantly demonized in the liberal media. i've had enough of this nonsense...it's time for a new, more political KKK. not one who hates others, but one who stands up for white rights. no different than all these other human rights activist groups.

Latarian Milton
09-08-2012, 08:11 PM
they give $ to local students on loan and to foreign students for free, that's blatantly unconstitutional imho

Latarian Milton
09-08-2012, 08:35 PM
the problem with immigration is that there are literally billions of people who would choose to come here for a better life if they could just snap their fingers and do it tomorrow. the people screaming for immigration reform always whine how you have to get on a list and wait for years to come over legally like that somehow excuses the illegals. well guess what? if we just opened the floodgates to anyone and everyone who wanted to come, we wouldn't have the infrastructure to support it. there is a reason for immigration laws, every country on earth has them. what that congressman said is RIGHT, only the best and brightest, the "pick of the litter" so to speak should be allowed in because we honestly can't afford the rest. you can't have a welfare state and unchecked immigration simultaneously.

funny thing is the shameless assholes who came here "legally" will always speak staunchly against the illegal immigration, complaining about how much they paid/lost to earn their legal status and how unfair it'd be if the illegals could gain the same status w/o paying shit, when it's just a piece of paper or something that make them feel different than those illegals

the fact is its beyond the government's power to completely prohibit the illegal immigration while allowing some others to immigrate "legally". the mission is all down to you, americans, grab your guns and start shooting them all yellow&brown fucks on sight, and make the country a hell of place for them fucks to live in then they'll automatically flee away in no fucking time tbh

Wild Cobra Kai
09-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Still lame. Keep trying.

Incandescent light bulbs.

DarrinS
09-08-2012, 09:21 PM
I am dumb.

Wild Cobra Kai
09-08-2012, 10:04 PM
I attack when I lose game set and match.

Agloco
09-09-2012, 02:22 PM

Another gem from the m>s social paradigm. :lol

Rich.

Agloco
09-09-2012, 02:24 PM
nonsense..i don't know a single white person in texas who speaks fluent spanish. i know one mixed black guy who does..but then again i think he's part spanish...

And more........

:lmao

Do tell us about your worldly experience as it relates to the Spanish language.

Jamtas#2
09-09-2012, 02:40 PM

anyway, that job ad is definitely discriminatory. the amount of people who are bilingual here in texas is OVERWHELMINGLY hispanic. that is PURE discrimination against whites and blacks but it's ALLOWED while white people are constantly demonized in the liberal media. i've had enough of this nonsense...it's time for a new, more political KKK. not one who hates others, but one who stands up for white rights. no different than all these other human rights activist groups.

Well, now you know of one (me) and I know many more. This isn't racist, it is a qualification for a position based on the needs of the business. Its not elitist to ask for a college degree as a requirement because the job may dictate a need for that level of education.

mavs>spurs
09-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Ohhhh so those bilingual jobs aren't slanted towards hispanics huh? :lol man, I'm glad I have you liberals here to show me the truth. i wasn't aware that whites were on average more likely to be bilingual than hispanics.

Bill_Brasky
09-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Ohhhh so those bilingual jobs aren't slanted towards hispanics huh? :lol man, I'm glad I have you liberals here to show me the truth. i wasn't aware that whites were on average more likely to be bilingual than hispanics.

In Euro countries it's pretty common for people to speak more than one language.

It's not quite the same way here but there are plenty of Anglos who can speak Spanish just fine.

mavs>spurs
09-09-2012, 04:49 PM
In Euro countries it's pretty common for people to speak more than one language.

It's not quite the same way here but there are plenty of Anglos who can speak Spanish just fine.

Yeah this isn't Europe, here I find it offensive and discriminatory. I'm sure less than 5% of caucasians speak spanish and 5% is being generous. In Europe, everyone speaks their native language plus english. It's a totally different culture over there.

Keep in mind, these aren't positions that require a lot of skill or knowledge. These are mostly jobs that I would have liked to work part time during college. Bilingual cashier, bilingual teller, etc. It's nothing more than affirmative action for hispanics..these are jobs that uneducated minorities can qualify for. What about uneducated whites? They're just shit out of luck. in this economy there are plenty of whites who would like that teller job for 12 an hour even though it isn't much to most people, yet they are discriminated against.

Bill_Brasky
09-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Which is a harder language to learn: Spanish or English?

mavs>spurs
09-09-2012, 05:03 PM
english but that's a trick question, they're all easier if you're brought to a land where a foreign language is spoken as a youngster and grow up listening to it spoken everywhere. languages are easier to learn before a certain age.

mavs>spurs
09-09-2012, 05:05 PM
BTW..off topic but rosetta stone is pretty damn good if you're looking to learn spanish. I started getting the hang of that crap after like a couple days..i may have even been able to speak fluently in months when combined with the fact that my then girlfriend's family that's all they spoke. But i stopped because I refuse to assimilate to a foreign language in my own native land..there isn't any place for spanish in america we've been an english speaking people for over 200 years. it's just the principle to me, won't ever learn that shit. i decided that if i wanted to diversify myself, i'd learn programming languages instead of some shitty be@ner language and i'm currently pursuing that right now instead.

Agloco
09-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Ohhhh so those bilingual jobs aren't slanted towards hispanics huh? :lol man, I'm glad I have you liberals here to show me the truth.

Fact is, anyone that speaks Spanish qualifies for the job.

lol affirmative action

i wasn't aware that whites were on average more likely to be bilingual than hispanics.

Perhaps your time would be better invested in learning another language rather than complaining about being uncompetitive.

I wonder if your would views about bilingual jobs would change if you could speak Spanish...

mavs>spurs
09-09-2012, 05:43 PM
"Being competitive" in the USA shouldn't consist of speaking be@ner.

Agloco
09-09-2012, 05:54 PM
"Being competitive" in the USA shouldn't consist of speaking be@ner.

All of your pissing and moaning over the subject would have us believe that it does.

Reality appears to confirm this. Until that changes, you're SOL scro.....that is, unless you decide to get off your ass and learn a second language. It can't hurt, and could only help your job search.

It's part of that "diversification" I wrote about in response to your "I have a 3.9-whatever GPA and can't find a job" complaint.

You're a complainer. It doesn't surprise me that you're having difficulties.

mavs>spurs
09-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Personal foul on the defense, reaching.

I have a job scro..it took all of 3 weeks to find one. As I said previously, the next languages I learn will be programming languages, I refuse to learn be@ner.

Agloco
09-09-2012, 06:16 PM
As I said previously, the next languages I learn will be programming languages, I refuse to learn be@ner.

:tu

lol be@ner. No other countries use Spanish as a language? You show just how ignorant you are when you make comments like that.

Personal foul on the defense, reaching.

I have a job scro..it took all of 3 weeks to find one.

Then why the histrionics involving your GPA and whining about your job search? You were obviously butthurt over not being able to find something recently, just as you're butthurt that you couldn't apply for select jobs earlier in college. :lol

Clipper Nation
09-09-2012, 07:31 PM
As I said previously, the next languages I learn will be programming languages, I refuse to learn be@ner.
Job Interviewer: "Do you speak any other languages besides English?"

m>s: "Yeah... HTML and PHP."

mavs>spurs
09-09-2012, 07:32 PM
I was never butthurt about anything, I did comment on the state of the economy and that I was in the process of interviewing for jobs but that was like 2 weeks ago.

mavs>spurs
09-09-2012, 07:33 PM
Job Interviewer: "Do you speak any other languages besides English?"

m>s: "Yeah... HTML and PHP."

spanish isn't necessary for any job i'll be applying for so they'd actually be more interested in the programming languages instead. a lot of jobs are now "Finance/IT" these days. The two departments coordinate a lot.

Clipper Nation
09-09-2012, 07:40 PM
spanish isn't necessary for any job i'll be applying for so they'd actually be more interested in the programming languages instead.
It isn't necessary for most jobs but I feel like learning another language is still useful, whether it's for dealing with international clients or just getting a leg up on other candidates, tbh... a lot of high schools and colleges require people to take a foreign language nowadays, so there's really no escaping it for future generations....

mavs>spurs
09-09-2012, 07:44 PM
It's all part of globalization, something a libertarian should know all about..

You're aware of Ron Paul's stance on the trilateral commission?

Clipper Nation
09-09-2012, 07:47 PM
It's all part of globalization, something a libertarian should know all about..
Apparently I know more than globalization than you do, because an individual choosing to learn another language is not even close to the same thing as nullifying the entire concept of sovereignty and introducing a one world currency, tbh...

Not to mention, not all globalization is bad... our founders wanted "honest friendship between nations" after all... it becomes bad when taken to an extreme that undermines individual nations, tbh...

mavs>spurs
09-09-2012, 07:48 PM
there won't be a north american union without first an interweaving of the cultures, tbh..

Clipper Nation
09-09-2012, 07:51 PM
there won't be a north american union without first an interweaving of the cultures, tbh..
No, a North American Union would likely be a product of special interests buying their way to an even bigger monopoly on trade and too many dumbass politicians allowing it to happen, similar to how we got stuck with NAFTA...

mavs>spurs
09-09-2012, 07:53 PM
The american voters would NEVER accept it. But if you shake up the demographics and make white descendants of our founders the minority..who knows what could get passed. 30 years ago, the people would have NEVER accepted a lot of things that are accepted today.

Clipper Nation
09-09-2012, 07:57 PM
With how dumb American voters are today, depending on which party is in office, the North American Union could get spun as either "helping the poors on our continent" or "Canada, the US, and Mexico working together to defeat the terrorists" and get near-universal support, tbh....

Latarian Milton
09-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Well, now you know of one (me) and I know many more. This isn't racist, it is a qualification for a position based on the needs of the business. Its not elitist to ask for a college degree as a requirement because the job may dictate a need for that level of education.

a college degree or whatever you learned in college isn't necessarily much needed for the business imho, nor is the quality of being bilingual. employers have to use such bullshit restrictions to filter out the vast majority of people who want to apply for their positions, since they won't have enough time to arrange everyone of them a job interview imho

people with degrees are generally smarter than those who don't have and the employers want to hire people with better brains, but it doesn't mean the jobs themselves require anything related to their college professions or bilingual skills

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-09-2012, 08:07 PM
:lol my OP turning into this

Latarian Milton
09-09-2012, 08:14 PM
No, a North American Union would likely be a product of special interests buying their way to an even bigger monopoly on trade and too many dumbass politicians allowing it to happen, similar to how we got stuck with NAFTA...

a North American Union will never come true neither by force nor diplomacy. impractical like the greater east asian co-prosperity sphere that japan attempted to build preceding and during the world war 2 tbh