PDA

View Full Version : Huge deportations hasn't hurt Barry

boutons_deux
09-08-2012, 11:34 AM
He crushes Gecko/Ryan among Latinos

Record Number of Foreigners Were Deported in 2011

Immigration enforcement authorities detained and deported record numbers of illegal immigrants in 2011 and are on track for similar figures this year, even as the numbers of migrants crossing the border illegally dropped to a 40-year low, according to data published Friday by the Department of Homeland Security.

Immigration agents deported 391,953 foreign-born people during the 2011 fiscal year, the department’s Office of Immigration Statistics reported. They included more than 188,000 people who had been convicted of crimes in the United States — an “all-time high” for such deportations, the report found.

Citizens of four Latin American countries — Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador — made up 93 percent of all people deported last year.

With just one month to go in the 2012 fiscal year, deportations were down slightly, with just over 366,000 people expelled through Aug. 31. But they include more than 191,000 convicted criminals, more than last year, according to figures from Immigration and Customs Enforcement, one of several agencies in the department.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/08/us/us-deports-record-number-of-foreigners-in-2011.html?_r=1&pagewanted=print

Wild Cobra
09-08-2012, 12:17 PM
Yep.

The economy is so bad here, people are probably turning themselves in to get a free ride home.

DMX7
09-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Yeah, WC. That's probably it.

George Gervin's Afro
09-08-2012, 02:24 PM
why is he doin this? He needs the votes!

boutons_deux
09-08-2012, 02:26 PM
he needs THOSE deported votes! :lol

Those votes THREW the 2008 election! :lol

mavs>spurs
09-08-2012, 04:38 PM
Since they're not hurting him how about 10 times more? and not just the felons but all of them. He'd get my vote if he did that :tu

Homeland Security
09-08-2012, 05:10 PM
There are two schools of thought among Republicans on immigration:

1) Business owners: like uncontrolled undocumented labor. Keeps labor costs down. Also, foreign workers work harder than domestic ones.
2) Blue-collar whites: don't want any Hispanics around, anywhere, at all: citizen, legal, illegal, whatever.

Given these realities, the Republican response of making a lot of noise about illegal immigration but never actually doing anything makes sense.

mavs>spurs
09-08-2012, 05:13 PM
2) Blue-collar whites: don't want any Hispanics around, anywhere, at all: citizen, legal, illegal, whatever.

Sup Koolaid? It's not just blue collar but also white collar whites. No sophisticated, educated white person wants a bunch of nasty be@ners filthing up our country. Who wants to look at that shit, hear their annoying music blaring, etc? I have no problem with be@ners who:

A) Come here legally

B) assimilate to american society (learning english, not acting like an animal, respecting your neighbors right to peace and quiet)

C) FOLLOW THE LAW. Now that many cities post the names of all DWI cases publicly I guess as a humiliation deterrent, check out how many of the names are hispanic...it's like 75%+.

Wild Cobra
09-08-2012, 06:01 PM
There are two schools of thought among Republicans on immigration:

1) Business owners: like uncontrolled undocumented labor. Keeps labor costs down. Also, foreign workers work harder than domestic ones.

Given these realities, the Republican response of making a lot of noise about illegal immigration but never actually doing anything makes sense.
Please don't tell me you are really that dumb.

Political affiliation isn't that black and white when it comes to business sense. I'll bet as many or more democrat business owners believe as you stated. You assumption about blue collar whites is totally wrong. It is a legal/illegal issue.

Latarian Milton
09-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Please don't tell me you are really that dumb.

Political affiliation isn't that black and white when it comes to business sense. I'll bet as many or more democrat business owners believe as you stated. You assumption about blue collar whites is totally wrong. It is a legal/illegal issue.

there is a difference between the general viewpoints of blue and white collar people imho, while the blue don't like those immigrants who came here illegally, white collars hate them all immigrants no matter legal or illegal. in fact the so-called "legal" immigrants are more of a threat to midclass americans because most of them have at least the basic college degrees and they're the direct competitors against the while-collar people accordingly. you don't need a reason to hate the illegal immigrants, but i bet most white collar americans repudiate the "legal" immigrants even more than illegal ones

you never understand how white-collar people think w/o being one of them yourself, and i assume people who don't have at least basic college degrees are not white collars despite how much they make