PDA

View Full Version : I also need some advice - prepaid mobile hotspots

Drachen
09-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Long story, but I am in Port Aransas and we need to buy a mobile hotspot. I am not going to need a contract. I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with them and who yall recommend. I have been trying to wade through the plans but there are a lot. Can anyone recommend? I don't need a ton of MB (250 should do) and I would be happy if I can keep those MB for the next time (if that exists. Please let me know soon, I will be driving back into corpus to pick one up in the next hour.

resistanze
09-08-2012, 12:42 PM
I've only had experience with using my phone as hotspot using the T-mobile prepaid data plan, but I'm assuming this isn't probably what you need.

Drachen
09-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Nope and I would just root my phone and use it as a hotspot but where we are I don't get a good connection to sprint data

leemajors
09-08-2012, 01:14 PM
I don't think there is any good coverage on any network out there from my experiences in that area.

Drachen
09-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Ok got an att hotspot, just ended up signing a contract. I get 3.5 Mbps here. I also added one to my sprint accountjust to test, the thing can't even connect long enough to activate itself. It will be returned tomorrow.

Fwiw, I looked at Verizon too but their prepaid was way expensive and their postpaid was far than att