PDA

View Full Version : One Free Release??

SMSpur
06-25-2005, 03:13 PM
I am not going to promise that this is correct, I just overheard a guy talking about this at HEB today, and he said that it was part of the new collective bargaining agreement. But, supposedly each team gets get to waive one player that does not count against the salary cap. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

NCaliSpurs
06-25-2005, 03:14 PM
I think it counts against the cap, but not against the luxury tax.

ChumpDumper would know.

SMSpur
06-25-2005, 03:19 PM
Even at that, do we we waive Rasho?

With Nazr Mohammad at C, as well as Scolia coming in next year, do we keep paying Rasho $8 mill a year to ride the bench?

SLOVENIAN 8
06-25-2005, 03:21 PM
Rasho will stay!!!! :smokin :fro Becouse Spurs will be then really without real C

SequSpur
06-25-2005, 03:23 PM
Rasho didn't play in the playoffs.

Lay off the drugs.

Samr
06-25-2005, 03:23 PM
do we keep paying Rasho $8 mill a year to ride the bench?

No, we trade Rasho. Let's be honest- Rasho does nothing for the Spurs playing 2-3 minutes a game if he's lucky, and taking up cap. If he was playing, which he can do believe it or not, that'd be one thing.

Right now, Rasho is fantastic trade bait. So who wants to move up in the draft?

NCaliSpurs
06-25-2005, 03:26 PM
You people are a bunch of ingrates. Rasho has put his time into this team, and he just hasn't had a decent shot in the playoffs.

Let's try to see what kind of frontline rotation we can get going next season, keep in mind that we need to limit Horry's minutes and still win games, before we ship our best team defender out.

SLOVENIAN 8
06-25-2005, 03:47 PM
You people are a bunch of ingrates. Rasho has put his time into this team, and he just hasn't had a decent shot in the playoffs.

Let's try to see what kind of frontline rotation we can get going next season, keep in mind that we need to limit Horry's minutes and still win games, before we ship our best team defender out.

agree :tu

i really miss him in the game all of last 3 months, it is the shame that he dont even get more than crap minutes in all of that games.
And i would like to see that he play i really like that he stays at spurs but if pop wont play him than i rather see that they trade him in some other team where he will play. But i think that tey wont trade him becouse if Nazr start to sux what they would do than??

Gummi
06-25-2005, 03:51 PM
I'm 100% that the Spurs won't use that clause. Nesterovic's contract is pretty tradable. Why cut him loose for nothing when they could trade him for somebody?

SLOVENIAN 8
06-25-2005, 03:53 PM
Why trade someone when we are the Champions ????

Gummi
06-25-2005, 03:55 PM
I don't expect them to trade Rasho unless they receive somebody they really like. So don't worry SLOVENIAN 8, Rasho's probably going to stay.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-25-2005, 04:00 PM
Even at that, do we we waive Rasho?

Why the hell would you waive a guy that 2/3 of the league would be more than happy to trade for.

That clause is for guys no one wants and are overpaid. It doesn't get their salary off the books, just the luxury tax hit it would otherwise cause.

As long as the Spurs think there's a possibility of facing Miami in the Finals, we'll keep Rasho.

exstatic
06-25-2005, 04:07 PM
Oh, THAT'S what they were talking about, vis a vis Michael Finley's Dallas career being over.

NCaliSpurs
06-25-2005, 04:25 PM
Michael Finley can probably sign with any other team, ala Glenn Robinson, if he clears waivers.