PDA

View Full Version : John Kerry is to Flip-Flopping what...

Yonivore
09-08-2004, 02:58 PM
...Hank Aaron is to baseball; the undisputed king!

Latest example:

John F. Kerry, on the advice of Cholesterol Clinton, has stopped talking about Vietnam (did you know he served there?) and started attacking Bush on domestics.

Now, he's saying the $200 billion spent, so far, in Iraq would have been better spent on domestic programs.

Now, I don't have a problem with John F. Kerry holding that position. However, when you go back about a year, you find this:

Exchange between John F. Kerry and Tim Russertt on Meet the Depressed, August 31, 2003:

MR. RUSSERT: Do you believe that we should reduce funding that we are now providing for the operation in Iraq?

SEN. KERRY: No. I think we should increase it.

MR. RUSSERT: Increase funding?

SEN. KERRY: Yes.

MR. RUSSERT: By how much?

SEN. KERRY: By whatever number of billions of dollars it takes to win. It is critical that the United States of America be successful in Iraq, Tim. And it is essential that we also recognize what's happening to the military of the United States of America. Our reserves are overextended. Families are being hurt, badly in the United States. People are going from one deployment to another. We can't have a military that is stretched as thin as the one we have today, and so I will tell you something that doesn't meet conventional wisdom.
Now, was this before he voted against the $87 billion after he voted for it? I don't remember.

What an idiot.

CommanderMcBragg
09-08-2004, 04:42 PM
You calling Senator Kerry an idiot is like my calling Bush a genius. It just doesn't fit.

And as much as Bush is screwing up his english again, you should talk.

Yonivore
09-08-2004, 04:50 PM
So, you judge a person's intelligence by their ability to speak extemporaneously?

CommanderMcBragg
09-08-2004, 04:56 PM
Well, you could be the most intelligent person in the world, but if you can't speak well and are missing a front tooth?

Who the hell is going to listen to you?

Granted, having the head of Frankenstein doesn't help Kerry either.

Yonivore
09-08-2004, 05:41 PM
Well, I don't know about the state of President Bush's dontics but, you're right, he has a bit of trouble speaking to large crowds.

I happen to know, personally, and there are plenty of media reports over the past 9 years (since he became prominent in politics) that suggest he is very articulate in small groups or one-on-one.

And, then there's the evidence that he has only lost one election since he started running for public office. Apparently his difficulties haven't been too much of a hindrance over the years.

I think you misunderestimate his strategerie. Go to your OB/GYN and get some love.

Nbadan
09-09-2004, 03:06 AM
The whole Southerner thing that W. likes to play on to make people feel like he is one of them is growing old. After all, how can he continue to play the Washington outsider card when him and his buddies run Washington?

The whole flip-floping thing, I'm sure is on one of those daily talking points phone banks Dole admitted exists, is equally tiresome. Especially since W. flip-flopped on the whole can win the war, can't win the war on terrorism thing.

Ruby Ridge
09-09-2004, 10:26 AM
Bush just flip flopped again. Now he is saying the National Intelligence Czar should have full budgetary control, this after weeks of saying he shouldn't.

Ole President Flip Flop.

Yonivore
09-09-2004, 12:00 PM
Nice non-sequitur Ruby.

xrayzebra
09-09-2004, 01:10 PM
Well Ruby, how about a flip-flop on: "If I am elected, I
will......"

Senator takes press's questions sparingly

By Charles Hurt
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

DES MOINES, Iowa — Today marks the one-month point since Sen. John Kerry last answered questions from reporters traveling with him on the campaign trail.
The last time the Democratic presidential nominee took questions from them was Aug. 9 on the edge of the Grand Canyon, when the small traveling press pool accompanying him was allowed to ask eight questions.
And the last time Mr. Kerry held a full-fledged press conference where he faced questions from the entire corps of national reporters covering his campaign was Aug. 2 in Grand Rapids, Mich. He took two questions then.

Since early August, the only substantive policy question Mr. Kerry has answered was one lobbed at him by an ABC correspondent about whether he wanted to respond to Vice President Dick Cheney's charge that Mr. Kerry wanted to wage a more "sensitive" war on terror.
"No, it's just ... it's sad that they can only be negative," Mr. Kerry said. "They have nothing to say about the future vision of America. I think Americans want a positive vision for the future."
Last month, the Massachusetts senator promised that if elected he would hold monthly press conferences. That promise came amid reports that President Bush was restricting access to his rallies and town hall meetings to Bush supporters and volunteers, and was requiring them to sign a loyalty oath.
"I'm going to have a press conference at least once a month to talk to the nation about what I'm doing, because I don't have anything to hide," Mr. Kerry told a Wisconsin audience Aug. 3.
The president also has gone long stretches without a formal press conference. It has been a couple of months since his last one.
But White House officials said Mr. Bush often takes questions after making policy announcements to the press, or at the end of a meeting with a foreign leader.
"He takes questions on a regular basis. He did a number of interviews before the [Republican] convention," White House spokesman Scott McClellan told reporters who asked about Mr. Bush's availability yesterday.
Mr. Bush took questions from reporters at least four times in August, including Aug. 2, when he announced his plan to revamp U.S. intelligence services; Aug. 9, when he appeared with Poland's prime minister; Aug. 15, when he toured damage from Hurricane Charley in Florida; and Aug. 23, when he answered a series of questions after meeting with his national security team at his ranch in Crawford, Texas.
At his Grand Canyon press conference, Mr. Kerry said he would have voted to authorize the war in Iraq even if he had known that no weapons of mass destruction would be found.
It was a statement that has drawn ridicule from Republicans and disdain from some fellow Democrats who argue that the Iraq war is unrelated to the fight against terrorism.
Since then, campaign officials have kept a greater distance between Mr. Kerry and the reporters covering him.
Campaign spokesman David Wade said yesterday that "John Kerry talks to the American voters every day" and accused Mr. Bush of forcing attendees to his campaign events "to swear loyalty to his campaign."
"The real question is why George Bush and his campaign are trying to dodge a national debate in front of a town hall of Americans," Mr. Wade said. "It's pretty clear they're afraid to talk about their record."

==============================================

Could it be that Kerry not only talks out of both sides of his
mouth, but his actions prove he is a two sided on everything.

Nbadan
09-09-2004, 01:13 PM
Senator takes press's questions sparingly

You do know that W. has had the least press conferences of any Pres. in modern times, right?

Tommy Duncan
09-09-2004, 01:16 PM
Who can blame him, considering that the DC press corps is something like 12 to 1 Democrat?

Nbadan
09-09-2004, 01:21 PM
Ironically, I think that ole town hall meetings, in the fashion of our last great President, Bill Clinton, are about the only thing that can save what is left of the Bush presidency.

Tommy Duncan
09-09-2004, 01:22 PM
You are delusional.

Nbadan
09-09-2004, 01:22 PM
Didn't you say the same thing when I said Kobe would walk a year ago?

xrayzebra
09-09-2004, 01:25 PM
Great what? Clinton You mean the guy who couldn't tell
a vagina from a humidor. Our first black Prez.:fro

xrayzebra
09-09-2004, 01:25 PM
Posted twice, so I deleted this one.

Ruby Ridge
09-09-2004, 06:10 PM
Heck, with the press corps they have in Washington these days Bush ought give a daily press conference.

I think we were very deferential because…it’s live, it’s very intense, it’s frightening to stand up there. Think about it, you’re standing up on prime-time live TV asking the president of the United States a question when the country’s about to go to war. There was a very serious, somber tone that evening, and no one wanted to get into an argument with the president at this very serious time.

that is a direct quote from Elisabeth Bumiller of the New York Times. Liberal bias my @$$.:bang

Ruby Ridge
09-09-2004, 06:11 PM
forgot to include the link. (http://www.dailyhowler.com/dh032504.shtml)

Tommy Duncan
09-09-2004, 06:12 PM
Oh of course there is no bias. It was just my imagination that we saw a coordinated attack on Bush's National Guard service by the New York Times, the Boston Globe (a NY Times Co., Inc property) and CBS News on Wednesday.

Yonivore
09-09-2004, 06:14 PM
A coordinated attack based on forgeries and perjury no less.

Tommy Duncan
09-09-2004, 06:15 PM
Didn't you say the same thing when I said Kobe would walk a year ago?

No. And again, predicting that a NBA player will not be convicted of a crime is not exactly a stretch, to say the least.

Nbadan
09-10-2004, 05:56 AM
A coordinated attack based on forgeries and perjury no less.

Are you talking about the Swift Boat Veteran ad here Yoni? Despurado and I have provided more than ample proof that the ABC documents about W's failure to report for duty and his dereliction of duty while in the Texas National Guard were more than likely not fakes. So if you have proof otherwise, I'm waiting to see it.

The proverbial ball is in your court.

Hook Dem
09-10-2004, 10:37 AM
Any intelligent person can see the desperation in the Democratic camp now. They have exposed themselves for what they are. WEASELS! WEASELS! WEASELS!:lol

Yonivore
09-10-2004, 11:24 AM
Actually, I'm talking about Ben Barnes who -- after denying, under oath he had anything to do with George W. Bush getting into the Guard -- went on CBS and claimed to be ashamed of helping W. when he was Lt. Gov. (Particularly astonishing since he wasn't Lt. Gov. when Bush joined the Guard.)

That perjury.

And, I'm talking about newly surfaced memos that paint President Bush's service in a negative light which more and more experts are finding extremely dubious.

Those forgeries.

Really, don't the Demoncrats have something REAL over which to attack the President? I guess not.