PDA

View Full Version : How to get tickets for EPL match

resistanze
09-10-2012, 09:41 PM
I might be planning a trip to Europe and I've seen from before that the EPL has the most restrictive, exclusive, convoluted system for acquiring tickets.

How the fuck to you acquire tickets? Anyone know any tips?

Thanks.

lefty
09-10-2012, 10:24 PM
Scalpers TBH

I went to a few PSG games when I was living in France, and sometimes i got some great cheap seats from one of the stadium employees.
He had season tickets for free as a perk, so he was still making profits

Venti Quattro
09-11-2012, 12:37 AM
You're watching a United game? :hat

Muser
09-11-2012, 02:13 AM
Just go on arsenals official site, you buy them there.

sonic21
09-11-2012, 06:10 AM
really expensive to attend a game at emirates. 70£ minimum i think.

i'm only paying 20€ for a psg game.

resistanze
09-11-2012, 08:08 AM
You're watching a United game? :hat
Unless I'm taking a piping hot shit on Old Trafford, no.

Just go on arsenals official site, you buy them there.

I've been there and signed up for an account. Virtually all games are blocked unless you're a 'Red Member' who paid the yearly membership. None of the tickets have the attricute 'General sale' even though apparently they become available a few weeks before. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

In any case I'm open to many teams (preferably Arsenal of course) like Chelsea, Man City, Tottenham, etc.

If not I'll look into catching a Barca or Real game.

lefty
09-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Unless I'm taking a piping hot shit on Old Trafford, no.

:lol

resistanze
09-14-2012, 12:51 PM
lol, at the time I'll be in London it's going to be Chelsea .vs Man City. I'd sell my left nut for tickets to that.

I can go with Tottenham vs. scrubs @ white hart lane but I gotta buy a ticket with hotel accomadation.

I might end up going to Villa Park to see Arsenal play. It's only a 1.5-2 hr train ride.

Venti Quattro
09-14-2012, 01:05 PM
I can go with Tottenham vs. scrubs @ white hart lane but I gotta buy a ticket with hotel accomadation.

Surrender your fkn Arsenal wanker fan card.

resistanze
09-14-2012, 01:12 PM
Surrender your fkn Arsenal wanker fan card.

:lol Nothing stopping me from cheering for the scrubs.

But fuck the HOEspurs. It costs $230+ just for a ticket and accomadation. Birmingham I go!

Venti Quattro
09-14-2012, 01:22 PM
Chelsea vs City at the Bridge last season was a shitfest. Hopefully this year it'd be explosive. So why don't you get tickets for det?

SAtown
09-14-2012, 01:30 PM
I'm pretty sure you can just show up at the stadium's ticket office the day of the game and get some tix,, unless it's a champions league match or something. Some stadiums are assholes tho, they make you provide passports and stand in the foreigners line. I've been successful at getting tickets the day of the match at Nou Camp, Vicente Calderon, Stadio Olimpico, and San Siro. The only tickets i've ever been unsuccessful at getting were Milan/Juventus and Maldini's last game at san siro.

resistanze
09-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Chelsea vs City at the Bridge last season was a shitfest. Hopefully this year it'd be explosive. So why don't you get tickets for det?

I'm pretty sure you can just show up at the stadium's ticket office the day of the game and get some tix,, unless it's a champions league match or something. Some stadiums are assholes tho, they make you provide passports and stand in the foreigners line. I've been successful at getting tickets the day of the match at Nou Camp, Vicente Calderon, Stadio Olimpico, and San Siro. The only tickets i've ever been unsuccessful at getting were Milan/Juventus and Maldini's last game at san siro.

Maybe I just have it wrong but from everything I've read and heard, getting reasonable tickets from the Big 4-5 EPL teams from 'non-members' is hard as hell. Top tier matches? Less likely. People have stated it's distinctly harder than getting Liga/Serie A tix. Everyting I've read said you can hang around some stadiums and hope people are selling em off near face value.

Maybe Muser or other english folk can weigh in on this.

SAtown
09-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Yep you're prob right, what's a standard EPL stadium? 30-35,000 people? Biggest are probably Emirates and Old Trafford

In any case, have a fucking blast!

resistanze
09-14-2012, 04:23 PM
Yep you're prob right, what's a standard EPL stadium? 30-35,000 people? Biggest are probably Emirates and Old Trafford

In any case, have a fucking blast!

:toast

I'm also visiting Barcelona, Rome, Paris and maybe a few places. I might watch a game somewhere else if I have to.

ALVAREZ6
09-14-2012, 04:47 PM
:toast

I'm also visiting Barcelona, Rome, Paris and maybe a few places. I might watch a game somewhere else if I have to.

If those are your destinations you might as well spend some more money to see God play tbh

resistanze
09-14-2012, 05:14 PM
If those are your destinations you might as well spend some more money to see God play tbh

Unfortunately, I'll be in Barca mid week, so no midget for me.

ALVAREZ6
09-14-2012, 05:18 PM

That's poor planning.

resistanze
09-14-2012, 05:39 PM
That's poor planning.

Was gonna pay $500 extra had I planned it differently. Fuck det.

NASpurs
09-14-2012, 05:49 PM
If it's for Arsenal tickets, keep your eye on this twitter account:

https://twitter.com/arsenal_tickets

People tweet to him that they're selling their tickets at face value and he'll retweet them. You might get lucky that way.

Saw it on reddit and it seems legit.

resistanze
09-14-2012, 05:55 PM
If it's for Arsenal tickets, keep your eye on this twitter account:

https://twitter.com/arsenal_tickets

People tweet to him that they're selling their tickets at face value and he'll retweet them. You might get lucky that way.

Saw it on reddit and it seems legit.

Thanks for the tip. Gunners are playing @ Villa Park that weekend, and I can actually order tickets for that game still.

ALVAREZ6
09-14-2012, 05:59 PM
Was gonna pay $500 extra had I planned it differently. Fuck det.

I see. Soon I am going to start saving a percentage of my income for Brazil 2014. I hope ARG has a defender or two by then so I can witness God.

Venti Quattro
09-14-2012, 11:34 PM
People have stated it's distinctly harder than getting Liga/Serie A tix.

Well that's generally true because Spain's economy is very, very bad right now.

resistanze
09-14-2012, 11:44 PM
Well that's generally true because Spain's economy is very, very bad right now.

I'm gonna barter with ham sandwiches when I go, tbh.

Venti Quattro
09-14-2012, 11:47 PM
:lol :lol :lol sandwiches

You know they have it really bad because Catalonia is asking money from Madrid.

resistanze
09-14-2012, 11:52 PM
:lol Midgets on Barca making more than entire Catalonia region

PGDynasty24
09-15-2012, 12:07 AM
La Liga games aren't hard to get,when I was living in Madrid me and my friend got 2 tickets for Bayern/Real Madrid at Bearnabeau for only 100 euros each,unless it's El Clasico or the inner-city matchups Espanyol/Barca or Real Madrid/Athletico the games are fairly cheap.

SAtown
09-15-2012, 03:04 AM
Thanks for the tip. Gunners are playing @ Villa Park that weekend, and I can actually order tickets for that game still.

You gotta see your team play :hat

velik_m
09-15-2012, 04:07 AM
Maybe I just have it wrong but from everything I've read and heard, getting reasonable tickets from the Big 4-5 EPL teams from 'non-members' is hard as hell. Top tier matches? Less likely. People have stated it's distinctly harder than getting Liga/Serie A tix.

Yeah, it's like they would have a lot of fans or something...

? They have games during the week too...

resistanze
09-15-2012, 08:12 AM
Don't you think I've checked the mid-week schedule already? They're not playing.

I could watch a Serie A but rather watch EPL.

resistanze
09-15-2012, 08:14 AM
You gotta see your team play :hat

Watch me sit in the home section. I'm gonna get stabbed at Villa Park :lmao

Venti Quattro
09-15-2012, 10:49 AM
Watch me sit in the home section. I'm gonna get stabbed at Villa Park :lmao

Waiting for your obituary on the internet... :lmao