PDA

View Full Version : Mob storms U.S. Embassy in Cairo and sets fire to consulate in Libya

Pages : [1] 2

cantthinkofanything
09-11-2012, 04:18 PM
over some film supposedly. don't know what film though.
maybe The Words?

cheguevara
09-11-2012, 04:38 PM
average 1 working neuron joes with their "fuck em, bomb em all to hell" "perspective" in 1...2...

CosmicCowboy
09-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Movie is just vaguely connected to the US...something about that whacky koran burning preacher. Supposedly the movie showed mohammed having sex.

RandomGuy
09-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Nothing but pictures yet on yahoo news or AP.

Al Jazeera has a bit more:

Witnesses say an armed mob has attacked the US consulate in the Libyan city of Benghazi and set fire to the building in what they say was a protest at a film deemed offensive to Islam's Prophet Muhammad.

Just hours earlier on Tuesday, thousands of Egyptian demonstrators apparently angry over the same film - an amateur film produced by expatriate members of Egypt's Christian minority resident in the US - tore down the Stars and Stripes at the US embassy in Cairo and replaced it with an Islamic flag.

The two incidents came on the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001, attacks in the US.

Wanis al-Shari, Libya's deputy interior minister, said the crowd in Benghazi attacked the building and that the information was confirmed by the US embassy in the capital, Tripoli, on Tuesday.

sooooo somebody does a video, and the US embassy gets stormed?

:bang

Religious nutters.

Egyptian activist Wael Ghoneim wrote on his Facebook page that "attacking the US embassy on September 11 and raising flags linked to Al-Qaeda will not be understood by the American public as a protest over the film about the prophet.

"Instead, it will be received as a celebration of the crime that took place on September 11," he said.

Americans on Tuesday marked the 11th anniversary of the September 11, attacks in which nearly 3,000 people were killed when hijacked airliners slammed into the Pentagon and New York's World Trade Centre and another was brought down in Pennsylvania.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2012/09/20129112108737726.html

No word on what the video actually is or says.

DarrinS
09-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Just a peaceful protest, I'm sure.

Slomo
09-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Movie is just vaguely connected to the US...something about that whacky koran burning preacher. Supposedly the movie showed mohammed having sex.

Quote from article: "Terry Jones, the Florida Koran-burner, allegedly made a movie vilifying Egypt's Muslims, and the Egyptian media got ahold of some clips."

"That's also because it's allegedly produced by Florida Pastor Terry Jones (yes, the asshole who burnt the Koran (http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/florida-pastor-terry-joness-koran-burning-has-far-reaching-effect/2011/04/02/AFpiFoQC_story.html) despite Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates' pleas) and two Egyptians living in the U.S."

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/09/heres-the-movie-that-egyptians-just-stormed-the-us-embassy-over/262225/

Trainwreck2100
09-11-2012, 05:19 PM
dumbass fucking muslims, :( some guy in their country was mean.

RandomGuy
09-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Eyup.

"Our religious nutters don't like your religious nutters."

oh joy.

Slomo
09-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Eyup.

oh joy.

:lol

But yeah, that's the problem in a nutshell.

DarrinS
09-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Eyup.

oh joy.

Our religious nutters are NOWHERE NEAR as nuttery as their religious nutters.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/09/11/world/asia/pakistan-rimsha-masih-blasphemy/index.html

RandomGuy
09-11-2012, 05:32 PM

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/09/11/world/asia/pakistan-rimsha-masih-blasphemy/index.html

Is that an article about legitimate rape?

CosmicCowboy
09-11-2012, 05:33 PM

No shit. These shitheads complain about the Republicans war on women then defend Islam. Makes no fucking sense.

Slomo
09-11-2012, 05:36 PM

I beg to differ:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-01-05/abortion-fire-arrest/52398540/1

I don't care what your religion is. If you are willing to put human lives at risk, because they don't agree with your religious views you're a first class nutter and asshole - let's not debate the levels.

Slomo
09-11-2012, 05:41 PM
No shit. These shitheads complain about the Republicans war on women then defend Islam. Makes no fucking sense.

C'mon CC, where's the defense of Islam? But to say that their religious fanatics are crazier than some of the others is just not true. If anything this thread condemns all religious nutters.

Looks like the link of the video to the states is not that vague, apparently it's quite solid and made by one of the aforementioned nutters.

Yonivore
09-11-2012, 05:44 PM
I beg to differ:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-01-05/abortion-fire-arrest/52398540/1

I don't care what your religion is. If you are willing to put human lives at risk, because they don't agree with your religious views you're a first class nutter and asshole - let's not debate the levels.
You're going to equate the actions of one man to the actions of an entire radicalized sect of Islam?

Yeah, you're on top of things.

ChumpDumper
09-11-2012, 05:47 PM
There are entire radicalized sects of Christianity that approve of actions like those Slomo listed. I wouldn't be surprised if yoni belonged to such a sect.

mavs>spurs
09-11-2012, 05:51 PM
We're the ones who took out Ghaddafi and put those maniacs in charge in the first place.

DarrinS
09-11-2012, 06:12 PM
I beg to differ:

Should I just call you Tavis Smiley?

Do you really think abortion nutters are anywhere as common as those that freak out over Muhammed cartoons?

DarrinS
09-11-2012, 06:12 PM
There are entire radicalized sects of Christianity that approve of actions like those Slomo listed. I wouldn't be surprised if yoni belonged to such a sect.

Yeah, you hear about them on the news every day. :lol

mavs>spurs
09-11-2012, 06:17 PM

Shut the fuck up bitch.

ChumpDumper
09-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Yeah, you hear about them on the news every day. :lolIf I looked for it, I'm sure I would. I can just read yoni's posts if I want that supporting apologist viewpoint.

Shut the fuck up bitch.U mad? They may or may not have had foreskins.

mavs>spurs
09-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Did you not hear what I just said?

ChumpDumper
09-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Yeah, U mad.

mavs>spurs
09-11-2012, 08:08 PM
You got a little tard in you or what boy? Can't you follow simple instruction?

Clipper Nation
09-11-2012, 08:11 PM
You're going to equate the actions of one man to the actions of an entire radicalized sect of Islam?
Says the :cheer Team Red :cheer waterboy, whose party ascribes the actions of that radicalized sect of Islam to ALL Muslims, tbh...

monosylab1k
09-11-2012, 09:47 PM
I gotta say, I appreciate their enthusiasm. The overly conservative hatemongers in our country are so goddamn lazy that the best they can do is sit on their fat asses and each a chicken sandwich.

HI-FI
09-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Shut the fuck up bitch.
:tu anyone saying the Christian crazies are as well organized and numerous as Muslim crazies are just being obfuscatory assholes. it's like comparing Metallica to some psychotic black metal, shit ain't even in the same ballpark.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-11-2012, 10:07 PM
The problem with Islam is that the socioeconomic situation of its adherence is so shitty. There are similar numbers of each as a whole but the only thing worse than a religious fundamentalist is a poor uneducated religious fundamentalist.

The majority of the western worlds christians do not really believe in the actual christian religion as it is written anyway. this is a good thing.

ChumpDumper
09-11-2012, 10:31 PM
:tu anyone saying the Christian crazies are as well organized and numerous as Muslim crazies are just being obfuscatory assholes. it's like comparing Metallica to some psychotic black metal, shit ain't even in the same ballpark.That's good because no one said that.

Damn, you abortion clinic bombers are a sensitive lot.

mavs>spurs
09-11-2012, 10:32 PM
I never said that :cry

Wild Cobra Kai
09-11-2012, 10:33 PM

Eric Rudolph says hello.

ChumpDumper
09-11-2012, 10:34 PM
I don't have a foreskin :cry

mavs>spurs
09-11-2012, 10:42 PM
You really gonna go the hemann route and melt down brah

ChumpDumper
09-11-2012, 10:43 PM
You really gonna go the hemann route and melt down brahU the one mad, brah.

mavs>spurs
09-11-2012, 10:46 PM
I know you are but what am I

ChumpDumper
09-11-2012, 10:47 PM
I know you are but what am IYou're the one who mourns his foreskin.

DarrinS
09-11-2012, 10:50 PM
8oKJ1pbhfms

mavs>spurs
09-11-2012, 10:52 PM
No u are :cry

ChumpDumper
09-11-2012, 10:56 PM
No u are :cryI'm what?

Juggity
09-11-2012, 10:57 PM
I didn't see this posted yet, but this was the movie written by the florida preacher that incited the riots.

Warning: It's terrible, and you may not want to waste your life on it.
4sQPRtS2h7k

Trainwreck2100
09-11-2012, 11:47 PM
that was alot of self tanner they went through, and i only got to 2:59 before i had to stop

Trainwreck2100
09-11-2012, 11:52 PM
http://www.cnbc.com/id/48997794

JACKSONVILLE, Florida (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney on Tuesday criticized the Obama administration's initial response to violent attacks at U.S. diplomatic missions in Egypt and Libya, as a campaign centered on the U.S. economy took a detour into foreign policy.

An American was killed in clashes at the diplomatic mission in the Libyan city of Benghazi as demonstrators protested what they described as a film that insulted the Prophet Mohammed. Protesters also attacked the U.S. Embassy in Cairo.

The Romney campaign seized on an initial statement from the U.S. Embassy in Cairo in which the embassy said it "condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims - as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions."

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton also issued a statement saying, "Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet. The United States deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But let me be clear: There is never any justification for violent acts of this kind."

Romney, who has made fixing the weak U.S. economy his central cause for defeating President Barack Obama in the November 6 election, was quick to pounce on Obama over developments in Libya and Egypt. Romney has long sought to make the case that the Obama administration has apologized for American actions abroad and says he would never "apologize for America."

"I'm outraged by the attacks on American diplomatic missions in Libya and Egypt and by the death of an American consulate worker in Benghazi," Romney said in a statement.

"It's disgraceful that the Obama administration's first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks," he said.

The Obama campaign criticized Romney for his response.

"We are shocked that, at a time when the United States of America is confronting the tragic death of one of our diplomatic officers in Libya, Governor Romney would choose to launch a political attack," said Obama campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt.

Romney was also likely to weigh in soon on U.S. relations with Israel. Obama spoke for an hour with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday and the two leaders are believed to be at odds over whether to launch a pre-emptive attack on Iran's nuclear facilities.

Romney met Netanyahu in Jerusalem in July and has talked tough against Iran as he seeks to woo Jewish-American voters who traditionally support Democratic candidates.

So obama works for the egyptian consulate now

HI-FI
09-11-2012, 11:55 PM
that was alot of self tanner they went through, and i only got to 2:59 before i had to stop
for real. i couldn't sit through all the bad direction, bad acting, overuse of green screen, shitty audio etc...

looks like they have some scenes of Mohammad slaughtering people and laying down pipe on underage women.

Jacob1983
09-12-2012, 01:36 AM
Remember the

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0f/Rules_of_Engagement_Poster.jpg/220px-Rules_of_Engagement_Poster.jpg

Slomo
09-12-2012, 01:54 AM

Yeah, you're on top of things.

That man is part of a very popular political/religious/social movement. The support for his "cause" is very strong and gets daily attention from the media and the political leadership. And while most of the supporters of the idea will not resort to violence, he uses that support as justification for his acts. Specially since there is a noticeable lack of condemnation of the idea, that brings out his acts.

This statement pretty much describes both groups. So I think a comparison is fair.

Yeah, you are blind. The question is why? Afraid of the truth or too narrow minded to really look into it?

Should I just call you Tavis Smiley?

Do you really think abortion nutters are anywhere as common as those that freak out over Muhammed cartoons?

Yes I do. The parallels are actually scary since both groups are freaking out because of a perceived insult to their faith based on an interpretation of a religious text.

To make things worse in this case you could argue that they are freaking out over a Mohamed cartoon/film that was made on purpose to provoke them. I don't think any woman is getting an abortion just to provoke the pro-lifers.

:tu anyone saying the Christian crazies are as well organized and numerous as Muslim crazies are just being obfuscatory assholes. it's like comparing Metallica to some psychotic black metal, shit ain't even in the same ballpark.

Actually I think that if someone did the math, the % of radical extremist in regard to the total number of followers of both religions would come fairly close to each other. Just because you decide to ignore large quantities of the Muslim population, doesn't make them disappear.

But all this talk about the numbers is beside the point of my original post. You are saying "our shit smells better, because there's less of it". Well it's still shit, it still smells and judging by the lack of condemnation of the violent act itself and the effort to find excuses for your own crazies the question is: Are you sure there's so much less of it?

Slomo
09-12-2012, 02:19 AM
The problem with Islam is that the socioeconomic situation of its adherence is so shitty. There are similar numbers of each as a whole but the only thing worse than a religious fundamentalist is a poor uneducated religious fundamentalist.

That's a huge factor and if you put the whole thing into a historic perspective, comparison of the two religions is even easier (Islam is roughly only 1400 yrs old).

http://www.cnbc.com/id/48997794

So obama works for the egyptian consulate now

Look at the Romney comments strong condemnation of the attacks and not a word about the nutter who worked very hard to create the situation.
The attacks on the consulate and embassy are inexcusable and the US has all the right to demand criminal prosecution and financial retribution for them. Falling for a stupid (and talentless) provocation is idiotic, but not addressing the fact that a fellow American and fellow christian went out of his way to create that stupid provocation is at least irresponsible and sends the wrong message.

Hillary's comments are spot on.

And finally I think that the film should be protected by the first amendment - that I consider a major achievement of the western civilization. But while I defend your right to say anything that doesn't mean I agree with it and even less that I like it - and we should take advantage of our right to free speech to clearly state that instead of arguing the numbers.

Wild Cobra
09-12-2012, 02:27 AM
Dumb Muslims, but then I guess that's why they wear that diaper on their head.

boutons_deux
09-12-2012, 06:03 AM
"the only thing worse than a religious fundamentalist is a poor uneducated religious fundamentalist."

you talking about American red-state, rural Bible-thumpers?

Winehole23
09-12-2012, 06:30 AM
Dumb Muslims, but then I guess that's why they wear that diaper on their head.you need one for your mouth, tbh

Capt Bringdown
09-12-2012, 07:38 AM

Look at the Romney comments strong condemnation of the attacks and not a word about the nutter who worked very hard to create the situation.

What? The only people who are responsible for creating this situation are the murderers and nut cases who responded to flickering video images with violence.

romad_20
09-12-2012, 07:55 AM
I'm sorry, but you can make any movie you want in this country. And fuck those who kill others because they are offended. There is no justification for killing and there is no blame to be put on the person who made the film. What happen to religion of peace, turn the other cheek, etc. etc. etc.

These people are very afraid of free speech because it will undermine everything in their very archaic culture.

(Note, not everyone in these countries are to blame. There are plenty of innocents being tortured, killed and persecuted there, especially women and no matter how to slice it, its disgusting.)

Capt Bringdown
09-12-2012, 08:17 AM
Koran burner Terry Jones didn't create the movie:

Anti-Islam filmmaker in hiding after protests (http://news.yahoo.com/anti-islam-filmmaker-hiding-protests-042924045.html)
An Israeli filmmaker based in California went into hiding after his movie attacking Islam's prophet Muhammad sparked angry assaults by ultra-conservative Muslims on U.S. missions in Egypt and Libya, where the U.S. ambassador was killed, along with three American members of his staff.

Speaking by phone Tuesday from an undisclosed location, writer and director Sam Bacile remained defiant, saying Islam is a cancer and that the 56-year-old intended his film to be a provocative political statement condemning the religion.

Bacile, a California real estate developer who identifies himself as an Israeli Jew, said he believes the movie will help his native land by exposing Islam's flaws to the world.

CosmicCowboy
09-12-2012, 08:25 AM
The US ambassador to Libya got blown up today.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/us/US-ambassador-to-Libya-three-others-killed-in-rocket-attack/articleshow/16365717.cms

CosmicCowboy
09-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Man, all those hundreds of millions Obama has sent those cocksuckers since we helped them overthrow Gadaffi has sure bought us a lot of good will. They really love America now.

Homeland Security
09-12-2012, 08:43 AM
According to critical theory, it makes perfect sense. The point of the criticism is not to provide an objective evaluation of the behavior of adherents to each religion. The point of the criticism is to catalyze social change.

Or, in clearer terms, if you want to bring communism to the United States you have to weaken its traditional culture. So you relentlessly criticize Christianity because that is the traditional religion of the United States.

Meanwhile, criticizing Islam is at best non-value-added and at worst counterproductive to the communist cause.
1) Criticizing Islam usually involves criticizing nonwhites which would make whites look better by comparison; not acceptable.
2) Calling out Muslims for violence makes nonviolent religious people such as American Christians look better by comparison; not acceptable.
3) By lumping all religious people together, whenever Muslims blow something up you can blame Christians by association; excellent.

Those three points explain pretty much every communist's response to/apology for the latest news of a Muslim blowing something up or killing something.

Unless/until you are willing to call out American communists for what they are and devote your life to destroying them like our fathers and grandfathers devoted themselves in the armed services against global communism, then you deserve what happens. Kill or be enslaved.

I'm meh about these embassy/consulate attacks. The enemy is not al-Qaeda or any other Stone-Age goat fuckers. All they can do is little mosquito bites. The enemy is blue America.

Drachen
09-12-2012, 08:46 AM
Once again, fuck em all, bring back troops, diplomats, money, etc and let them all go at it. If they want to talk to us, they can do it at the UN. We need to quit being proxy warrior for Israel and try to stand in the middle for all the arab countries.

God we can't switch energy sources fast enough.

CosmicCowboy
09-12-2012, 08:53 AM
http://i.imgur.com/pcOOr.jpg%22

ElNono
09-12-2012, 08:55 AM
Rip

boutons_deux
09-12-2012, 08:58 AM
Muslims have to murder a lot more Americans to equal the number innocent Muslims murdered by The American Empire.

ElNono
09-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Man, all those hundreds of millions Obama has sent those cocksuckers since we helped them overthrow Gadaffi has sure bought us a lot of good will. They really love America now.

Ditto with Pakistan, Iraq et all... lol liberators

coyotes_geek
09-12-2012, 09:00 AM
Once again, fuck em all, bring back troops, diplomats, money, etc and let them all go at it. If they want to talk to us, they can do it at the UN. We need to quit being proxy warrior for Israel and try to stand in the middle for all the arab countries.

:tu

boutons_deux
09-12-2012, 09:02 AM
"proxy warrior for Israel"

Gecko will come this morning as a strong supporter of Israel and all its atrocities, and strongly for military action against Iran.

Shastafarian
09-12-2012, 09:05 AM
Normally I would agree and say Israel can handle itself. But can anyone honestly say that leaving one or more of these countries unstable won't come back to bite us? The reason we "police" the world is probably based on the fact that we sat around with our thumbs up our asses during two world wars trying not to get involved.

Along with former imperialism of course, die imperialist scum and whatnot.

EVAY
09-12-2012, 09:05 AM
We need to quit being proxy warrior for Israel and try to stand in the middle for all the arab countries.

I agree with this. I am sick and tired of America being Israel's proxy. England used to get its colonial troops to fight their wars for them, and I feel like that is how Israel has being using us for decades...and in return, they treat us like shit. It is time for Israel to stand by themselves, imo.

Shastafarian
09-12-2012, 09:07 AM
Ron Bless

Drachen
09-12-2012, 09:09 AM
I have a serious question (for those who watch fox news) because I am having an argument with someone on my FB. Yesterday, as soon as each attack happened, she posted a link to the story and said "WHERE IS THE SOS?" (the implication being that they weren't doing anything at all). I responded that assumedly, Clinton and the Dept of State were shoring up defenses at other embassies and dealing with the fact that they had just been attacked. She then said she hopes so, but never knows what the SOS is doing. I said that I see stories on what she is doing/press conferences with her every few days. She then says that hillary is never on fox news (this tells me a lot, but my goal isn't to talk trash about the station right now).

My question is: Does FN not cover the SOS? I don't watch the station to confirm or refute this, so does anyone else know?

B_D, I don't care about your opinion.

johnsmith
09-12-2012, 09:10 AM
Muslims have to murder a lot more Americans to equal the number innocent Muslims murdered by The American Empire.

So then you're cool with this....got it! :toast

boutons_deux
09-12-2012, 09:12 AM

sniff, I'm hurt

coyotes_geek
09-12-2012, 09:13 AM

I'm sure this story made boutons' day.

boutons_deux
09-12-2012, 09:13 AM

You Lie

johnsmith
09-12-2012, 09:17 AM
You Lie

Right, and you forgot, gfy, Uca, unfuckable and all your other stupid catch phrases.... You're a fucking joke in here, a caricature of a political poster...... Do I need to remind you of the polls that were in this forum where you were constantly considered one of the worst posters in the forum?

johnsmith
09-12-2012, 09:20 AM
You know though, never mind, I don't want to ruin what is obviously an awesome day for you..... Just put me back on ignore you spineless douche.

boutons_deux
09-12-2012, 09:26 AM
right, and you forgot, gfy, uca, unfuckable and all your other stupid catch phrases.... You're a fucking joke in here, a caricature of a political poster...... Do i need to remind you of the polls that were in this forum where you were constantly considered one of the worst posters in the forum?

gfy

boutons_deux
09-12-2012, 09:26 AM
You know though, never mind, I don't want to ruin what is obviously an awesome day for you..... Just put me back on ignore you spineless douche.

gfy

Shastafarian
09-12-2012, 09:27 AM
:lol he thinks he's funny

Latarian Milton
09-12-2012, 09:29 AM

yeah bring them troops home and stop policing around the world so there'll be less people mad enough at us to become terrorists is that what you mean sir? i kinda agree with you on this one but i don't think washington and the terrorists will tbh

CosmicCowboy
09-12-2012, 09:44 AM
I have a serious question (for those who watch fox news) because I am having an argument with someone on my FB. Yesterday, as soon as each attack happened, she posted a link to the story and said "WHERE IS THE SOS?" (the implication being that they weren't doing anything at all). I responded that assumedly, Clinton and the Dept of State were shoring up defenses at other embassies and dealing with the fact that they had just been attacked. She then said she hopes so, but never knows what the SOS is doing. I said that I see stories on what she is doing/press conferences with her every few days. She then says that hillary is never on fox news (this tells me a lot, but my goal isn't to talk trash about the station right now).

My question is: Does FN not cover the SOS? I don't watch the station to confirm or refute this, so does anyone else know?

Yes, Hillary is covered extensively on Fox NEWS. As I have said many times before Fox NEWS (Shepard Smith) Is an excellent newscast (IMHO the best out there) and is extremely fair and balanced. Fox OPINION (Hannity etc.) is not.

Drachen
09-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Thank you for the answer. What time of day is fox news on fox news?

(I just want to let her know)

CosmicCowboy
09-12-2012, 09:50 AM
evenings...I think 5-7

CosmicCowboy
09-12-2012, 09:52 AM
The last time a US Ambassador was murdered was under the Carter Administration, another weak pacifist President.

Coincidence? I think not.

DarrinS
09-12-2012, 09:57 AM
"The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others."

Fail

DarrinS
09-12-2012, 10:02 AM
http://www.nypost.com/r/nypost/2012/09/12/news/web_photos/513799514102342--525x370.jpg

CosmicCowboy
09-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Neither Gaddafi or Mubarek would have let this shit happen.

clambake
09-12-2012, 10:09 AM
Neither Gaddafi or Mubarek would have let this shit happen.

cheering for gaddafi. go big red. lol

Clipper Nation
09-12-2012, 10:12 AM
The last time a US Ambassador was murdered was under the Carter Administration, another weak pacifist President.

You actually think Obama is a "weak pacifist President"? What planet do you live on?

And that's not even addressing the ludicrous idea that not wanting to bomb every country that sneezes in our direction is somehow "weak," tbh....

ChumpDumper
09-12-2012, 10:13 AM
That's terrible. Don't know about the security at these places. Obviously not enough.

clambake
09-12-2012, 10:13 AM
You actually think Obama is a "weak pacifist President"? What planet do you live on?

And that's not even addressing the ludicrous idea that not wanting to bomb every country that sneezes funny is somehow "weak," tbh....

no shit. saint ronnie ran like a motherfucker.

Drachen
09-12-2012, 10:14 AM

This was a sub argument with some of this person's friends on the same FB thread. I don't think he is all that doveish. He widened the use of military force (drone strikes) to kill AQ leadership which set a brand new precedent for the use of such force, he breached the sovereignty of a country with which we aren't at war to kill OBL, got involved in the military aspect of the Libyan civil war, and sent more troops to Afghanistan.

I am not sure what else he could do to make himself any more hawkish?

johnsmith
09-12-2012, 10:16 AM
That's terrible. Don't know about the security at these places. Obviously not enough.

A buddy of mine runs security (or part of anyway) for the US Embassy in Cairo. I imagine he is a touch busy right now, but according to him, that place is locked the fuck down, and in instances like today, they have fall back plans that gets everyone the hell out of there real quick like.

I would have thought Libya would be no different, but it looks like it is.

I also think, and maybe I'm being a giant pussy here, but I don't find it necessary to post pictures on this site of this cat's body being dragged around by a bunch of people that are better off dead.

clambake
09-12-2012, 10:16 AM
just cowboy going yoni and bou.

clambake
09-12-2012, 10:17 AM
A buddy of mine runs security (or part of anyway) for the US Embassy in Cairo. I imagine he is a touch busy right now, but according to him, that place is locked the fuck down, and in instances like today, they have fall back plans that gets everyone the hell out of there real quick like.

I also think, and maybe I'm being a giant pussy here, but I don't find it necessary to post pictures on this site of this cat's body being dragged around by a bunch of people that are better off dead.

did you see that mormon movie yet?

johnsmith
09-12-2012, 10:18 AM
did you see that mormon movie yet?

No? What are you talking about?

Drachen
09-12-2012, 10:19 AM

Thank you for this. I agree
I was just trying to ignore it because I figured if I responded it would only embolden him to post more.

Spurminator
There's no defense for this.

CosmicCowboy
Actually I probably should have use "apologist" instead of "pacifist".

I stand corrected.

clambake
09-12-2012, 10:21 AM

that 2016 movie. where obama is a radical muslim. i'm guessing team red would suggest this wouldn't happen if mittzy were in charge.

CosmicCowboy
09-12-2012, 10:24 AM
that 2016 movie. where obama is a radical muslim. i'm guessing team red would suggest this wouldn't happen if mittzy were in charge.

I don't know what Romney would do but this shit probably doesn't help Obama much less than 60 days before the election. Looks like Hillary is sticking it to him with the apologies.

johnsmith

Huh....I can't believe I've never heard of this.

clambake

I stand corrected.

actually you played the pussy card about carter........whereas obama has turned out to be the ultimate assassin.

johnsmith
09-12-2012, 10:25 AM
I don't know what Romney would do but this shit probably doesn't help Obama much less than 60 days before the election. Looks like Hillary is sticking it to him with the apologies.

Won't matter. Americans don't remember stuff beyond a week or two max.

johnsmith
09-12-2012, 10:26 AM
I do however think that if gas prices continue to trend up by November, that could legitimately be an issue for Barry.

Drachen
09-12-2012, 10:28 AM

I stand corrected.

I will say this, I was born during Carter's lame duck session so the best I can do is read about how he was. I do know that Clinton was called weak and compared to Carter and now Obama is being called weak and is compared to Carter. It seems that the type of weak that Carter was is going to continue to change with every Democratic president.

I mean a very popular thing for team red to say is that as soon as Reagan was elected, they released the prisoners because they knew that Reagan would attack them. Well, on the same token Obama would attack them (he is incredibly hawkish). Now that Obama's willingness to use force has been pointed out, the focus shifts "Carter wasn't actually weak like THAT, he was weak like THIS and that is how Obama compares to him". The next Dem president will have the same thing happen "well he is nothing like carter in all of these ways, but he is like carter because he is from Georgia. What a weak president"

I think that your comparisons are slowly becoming caricatures of themselves.

Drachen
09-12-2012, 10:30 AM
I do however think that if gas prices continue to trend up by November, that could legitimately be an issue for Barry.

I am not saying that this can't happen but we have recently had a hurricane as well as the end of summer switch to winter blend coming up, so those are legitimate, but temporary bumps.

clambake
09-12-2012, 10:31 AM
I will say this, I was born during Carter's lame duck session so the best I can do is read about how he was. I do know that Clinton was called weak and compared to Carter and now Obama is being called weak and is compared to Carter. It seems that the type of weak that Carter was is going to continue to change with every Democratic president.

I mean a very popular thing for team red to say is that as soon as Reagan was elected, they released the prisoners because they knew that Reagan would attack them. Well, on the same token Obama would attack them (he is incredibly hawkish). Now that Obama's willingness to use force has been pointed out, the focus shifts "Carter wasn't actually weak like THAT, he was weak like THIS and that is how Obama compares to him". The next Dem president will have the same thing happen "well he is nothing like carter in all of these ways, but he is like carter because he is from Georgia. What a weak president"

I think that your comparisons are slowly becoming caricatures of themselves.
no shit.

by the way, reagan did attack them.........with a huge shipment of missles.

DarrinS
09-12-2012, 10:37 AM
I'm not making this up

Mike Barnicle has suggested that the Department of Justice consider prosecuting Florida pastor Terry Jones in the death of the American ambassador to Libya and deaths occurring during riots last year in Afghanistan. Hat tip readers Melody, Jonathan R., Ray R.

Barnicle made his suggestion on today's Morning Joe, during a discussion of the attacks on the American embassy in Cairo, Egypt and the American consulate in Benghazi, Libya, where the American ambassador died after an attack by a Libyan mob. Fellow panelist Donny Deutsch responded by saying he was "thinking the same thing" as Barnicle. View the video after the jump.

MIKE BARNICLE: Given this supposed minister's role in last year's riots in Afghanistan, where people died, and given his apparent or his alleged role in this film, where, not yet nailed down, but at least one American, perhaps the American ambassador is dead, it might be time for the Department of Justice to start viewing his role as an accessory before or after the fact.

DONNY DEUTSCH: I was thinking the same thing, yeah.

Jones is reported to have defended and promoted a YouTube video depicting the Prophet Muhammad in vulgar and insulting ways.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2012/09/12/mike-barnicle-suggests-prosecuting-pastor-terry-jones-american-amb

Clipper Nation
09-12-2012, 10:46 AM

I stand corrected.

The only thing Obama is an "apologist" for is the same old unconstitutional warmaking machine that has been running since the Korean War, tbh.....

EVAY
09-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Well, the film that seems to have all the arab world upset may have been written by the pastor in Florida (I have seen conflicting reports on who wrote it), but it was actually made by a Jewish fellow in California who said he did to show that Islam 'is a cancer, blah, blah, blah'... That guy has now gone into hiding. What a prick, imo...looks like his is just stirring the shit pot and then running for cover to me.

No, I don't think he should be arrested (either him or the fool in Florida) for exercising their free speech. But do I wish that they hadn't said or done what they did? Yeah, I do.

Does anything said or done justify the violence against Americans? NO. No. NO.

EVAY
09-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Come on now, guys.

This is not an example of any president being weak or not. This should not be an excuse for either side to make political hay.

Please stop showing horrible pictures of this poor man's body being defiled.

Please let us be above that sort of crap.

Clipper Nation
09-12-2012, 10:53 AM
71% of Americans oppose a war in Iran without UN approval

51% of Americans oppose it even with UN approval

In the 2008 and 2012 elections, Ron Paul - THE most anti-war candidate in both races - got more donation money from the military than all other candidates combined

According to Cowboy, the majority of Americans, even military personnel, are "weak pacifists," tbh.....

CosmicCowboy
09-12-2012, 10:55 AM
71% of Americans oppose a war in Iran without UN approval

51% of Americans oppose it even with UN approval

In the 2008 and 2012 elections, Ron Paul - THE most anti-war candidate in both races - got more donation money from the military than all other candidates combined

According to Cowboy, the majority of Americans, even military personnel, are "weak pacifists," tbh.....

I already corrected the pacifist part. Try to keep up.

Drachen
09-12-2012, 11:00 AM

I am not sure how your (new) assertion that Obama is an apologist but hawkish emboldens these fucks. Do they take solice in the fact that (you think) that Obama will apologize while pushing the button??

I think that the thing that emboldens these fucks is that they are fucks, just like any fucks.

Slomo
09-12-2012, 11:01 AM
What? The only people who are responsible for creating this situation are the murderers and nut cases who responded to flickering video images with violence.

I'm sorry, but you can make any movie you want in this country. And fuck those who kill others because they are offended. There is no justification for killing and there is no blame to be put on the person who made the film. What happen to religion of peace, turn the other cheek, etc. etc. etc.

These people are very afraid of free speech because it will undermine everything in their very archaic culture.

(Note, not everyone in these countries are to blame. There are plenty of innocents being tortured, killed and persecuted there, especially women and no matter how to slice it, its disgusting.)

As I said in my previous post I do defend the right of the guy that made that film, to produce it. The right to free speech is one of the most important achievement of the western civilization.

But "I can say anything" is not the same as "I can say anything without consequences". I have the right to step up to you and call you an idiot, but if I don't expect to get punched in the face a second later then I'm the idiot.

Please don't defend a guy that produced a POS film for the only reason to provoke the Muslim religious nuts. Do I blame him for the situation and the deaths - no, religious zealots did that all by themselves. Did he know what he was doing and that lives will be in danger because of his action? Of course he did. What is worse, judging by the film, that's all he wanted to achieve.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-12-2012, 11:01 AM

I stand corrected.

Well at least you waited until the day after 9/11 to make this stupid fucking arguement.

If this is true then having a GOP guy in office means we get yadda yadda yadda.

Get some historical context of what has been going on in the middle east for the past 500 years and pull your partisan head out of your ass.

EVAY
09-12-2012, 11:02 AM

Speaking of 'keeping up',

The conservative's responses to Romney's criticism of the Obama administration's immediate response to the Embassy killings has been:

Erick Ericson, Peggy Noonan (WSJ), Ron Fournier (National Journal), and Mark Halperin have ALL said essentially that Mitt is making a fool of himself and seriously blowing a chance to look presidential here. Instead of commiserating with the families of those hurt and attacking the perpetrators of the violence, he is attacking the President.

Hilary Clinton issued a statement condemning the violence at our embassies at
10 p.m. ET last night. That was BEFORE Romney started saying that the response was a disgrace.

Most commentators on both sides of the political aisle are bemoaning the comments by Romney.

Keep up, indeed.

DarrinS
09-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Speaking of 'keeping up',

The conservative's responses to Romney's criticism of the Obama administration's immediate response to the Embassy killings has been:

Erick Ericson, Peggy Noonan (WSJ), Ron Fournier (National Journal), and Mark Halperin have ALL said essentially that Mitt is making a fool of himself and seriously blowing a chance to look presidential here. Instead of commiserating with the families of those hurt and attacking the perpetrators of the violence, he is attacking the President.

Hilary Clinton issued a statement condemning the violence at our embassies at
10 p.m. ET last night. That was BEFORE Romney started saying that the response was a disgrace.

Most commentators on both sides of the political aisle are bemoaning the comments by Romney.

Keep up, indeed.

Come on now, guys.

This is not an example of any president being weak or not. This should not be an excuse for either side to make political hay.

clambake
09-12-2012, 11:06 AM
c'mon darrin, post some more pictures!

Drachen
09-12-2012, 11:09 AM
hate to say it Evay, but it looks like the fuck who likes to post pictures might have you here

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Guaranteed this is largely due to bullshit voice vote about Jerusalem Democrats repeatedly did so they could pander to Jews. You want the terrorist attacks to stop? Stop supporting the idea we should be puppets of Israel.

CosmicCowboy
09-12-2012, 11:15 AM
That shitty movie has apparently been out for months. This shit was PLANNED for 9/11 and was a "giant fuck" you to America.

Drachen
09-12-2012, 11:16 AM
That shitty movie has apparently been out for months. This shit was PLANNED for 9/11 and was a "giant fuck" you to America.

That is how they are reporting it on CNN at this exact moment. That they just used the legitimate but peaceful protests as cover.

Slomo
09-12-2012, 11:16 AM
According to critical theory, it makes perfect sense. The point of the criticism is not to provide an objective evaluation of the behavior of adherents to each religion. The point of the criticism is to catalyze social change.

Or, in clearer terms, if you want to bring communism to the United States you have to weaken its traditional culture. So you relentlessly criticize Christianity because that is the traditional religion of the United States.

Meanwhile, criticizing Islam is at best non-value-added and at worst counterproductive to the communist cause.
1) Criticizing Islam usually involves criticizing nonwhites which would make whites look better by comparison; not acceptable.
2) Calling out Muslims for violence makes nonviolent religious people such as American Christians look better by comparison; not acceptable.
3) By lumping all religious people together, whenever Muslims blow something up you can blame Christians by association; excellent.

Those three points explain pretty much every communist's response to/apology for the latest news of a Muslim blowing something up or killing something.

Unless/until you are willing to call out American communists for what they are and devote your life to destroying them like our fathers and grandfathers devoted themselves in the armed services against global communism, then you deserve what happens. Kill or be enslaved.

I'm meh about these embassy/consulate attacks. The enemy is not al-Qaeda or any other Stone-Age goat fuckers. All they can do is little mosquito bites. The enemy is blue America.

Wrong and pretty stupid.

The problem with the criticism of the muslims by western white people is not that you are not allowed to do it or even that you shouldn't do it. The problem is when you criticize them from a position where you put yourself above them. When you start the criticism by the premise that you are better than them (as clearly displayed in this thread).

And just to be clear if you do think you are better than them then you are pretty much in agreement with those criminals who attacked the embassies - they to think they are better than you.

I will now shut up, because what could have been a debate about free speech and the respect of differences, has overnight become a tragedy with at least two dead. I feel disrespectful to argue about this over their dead bodies.

RIP

EVAY
09-12-2012, 11:17 AM
hate to say it Evay, but it looks like the fuck who likes to post pictures might have you here

I read the conservative responses a bit differently. My point, and theirs, I believe, is that no one, including Romney, should have tried to make a political statement out of this.

My point is to just stop it.

johnsmith
09-12-2012, 11:18 AM
Soooo, quick question. What do you think will be done about this whole thing?

EVAY
09-12-2012, 11:18 AM
I never have assumed that Darrin would interpret almost ANYTHING properly.

If I was unclear in the intent of what I was saying, I apologize for that.

CosmicCowboy
09-12-2012, 11:19 AM

They will stick more marines in the embassies and nothing else will be done.

Shastafarian
09-12-2012, 11:19 AM

US will pressure Libyan "government" to pursue leads and find any culpable parties. If Libya is incapable or unwilling to do such, US covert parties will enter the country. From there it's hard to say

johnsmith
09-12-2012, 11:20 AM
They will stick more marines in the embassies and nothing else will be done.

Agreed. Hillary has already come out and said that this won't affect relations between United States and Libya.

Awesome!

This country is so fucking retarded.

johnsmith
09-12-2012, 11:21 AM
US will pressure Libyan "government" to pursue leads and find any culpable parties. If Libya is incapable or unwilling to do such, US covert parties will enter the country. From there it's hard to say

That would be fantastic.....and I'm guessing we'll never hear about what is said or done.

clambake
Agreed. Hillary has already come out and said that this won't affect relations between United States and Libya.

Awesome!

its called empire building.

johnsmith
its called empire building.

LOL, that's right.....my bad.

CosmicCowboy

Awesome!

X2

The Libyan military stood down and let the animals take the embassy. Fuckem.

MannyIsGod
09-12-2012, 11:22 AM

:lmao

Oh so if its not coincidence spell it out for me how its linked. Thanks.

Shastafarian
CNN analyst (who seemed to know what he was talking about) claims more drone attacks inside libya on camps and al qaeda installations likely forthcoming

EVAY

Awesome!

The Libyan government has already officially apologized, and indicated that they will pursue the killers.

I believe that the U.S. will find the killers and kill them, regardless of what Libya does.

What else do you want Libya to do?

johnsmith
09-12-2012, 11:23 AM
The Libyan government has already officially apologized, and indicated that they will pursue the killers.

I believe that the U.S. will find the killers and kill them, regardless of what Libya does.

I guess I'm in the "pull out of Libya and stop supporting them camp" after this is said and done. I don't really care what Libya does.

Short sighted? Perhaps, but again, once apathy sets in, it's tough to get rid of it.

Yonivore
09-12-2012, 11:32 AM
:lmao

Oh so if its not coincidence spell it out for me how its linked. Thanks.
Obama and Carter shared a pathetic foreign policy toward the Middle East.

Islamic extremists are emboldened by their pussyfooting posture toward Islamic extremists.

They both eschewed the tried and true "They may be dictators but, they're our dictators" foreign policy toward the region helping (or not standing in the way) of Islamic extremists as they overthrew the standing government and established something worse.

There's three similarities.

Oh, and they both suck Muslim dick.

MannyIsGod
09-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Normally I would agree and say Israel can handle itself. But can anyone honestly say that leaving one or more of these countries unstable won't come back to bite us? The reason we "police" the world is probably based on the fact that we sat around with our thumbs up our asses during two world wars trying not to get involved.

Along with former imperialism of course, die imperialist scum and whatnot.

The reason we police the world is to defend our energy supply. If we were really interested in stopping this type of cycle we'd fund a damn school every now and again.

MannyIsGod
09-12-2012, 11:35 AM

Islamic extremists are emboldened by their pussyfooting posture toward Islamic extremists.

They both eschewed the tried and true "They may be dictators but, they're our dictators" foreign policy toward the region helping (or not standing in the way) of Islamic extremists as they overthrew the standing government and established something worse.

Thanks for the laugh.

MannyIsGod
09-12-2012, 11:37 AM
We keep fucking with other countries and wonder why we keep getting fucked with. You're naive as fuck if you think this was because of a movie.

Yonivore
09-12-2012, 11:37 AM

It's not what Libyans do that concerns me. What is the United States going to do?

I say cut diplomatic ties and end foreign aid with every North African and Middle East nation that has as its leaders this Islamic Extremists bastards.

Yonivore
09-12-2012, 11:38 AM
We keep fucking with other countries and wonder why we keep getting fucked with. You're naive as fuck if you think this was because of a movie.
It's because we have a percentage of the world population that is living in the 13th century.

Homeland Security
09-12-2012, 11:40 AM
Wrong and pretty stupid.

The problem with the criticism of the muslims by western white people is not that you are not allowed to do it or even that you shouldn't do it. The problem is when you criticize them from a position where you put yourself above them. When you start the criticism by the premise that you are better than them (as clearly displayed in this thread).

And just to be clear if you do think you are better than them then you are pretty much in agreement with those criminals who attacked the embassies - they to think they are better than you.

I will now shut up, because what could have been a debate about free speech and the respect of differences, has overnight become a tragedy with at least two dead. I feel disrespectful to argue about this over their dead bodies.

RIP
Pretty stupid? I shit smarter than you, filthy Slav untermensch.

MannyIsGod
09-12-2012, 11:41 AM
You're absolutely brilliant, Yoni. Its been a pleasure meeting a mind as deep and thoughtful as yours. :tu

Slomo
Pretty stupid? I shit smarter than you, filthy Slav untermensch.

Thanks for proving my point.

Homeland Security
You are a traitor. I hope you get dragged through the streets one day.

MannyIsGod
09-12-2012, 11:43 AM
You are a traitor. I hope you get dragged through the streets one day.

You're still one of the best trolls ever.

Yonivore
09-12-2012, 11:45 AM
And, you're a fucking idiot if you believe these 13th century savages wouldn't be looking for absolutely any justification to impose their religious zealotry on the rest of humanity. Your position also ignores the fact that a majority of Muslims and people of other faiths, in the region, are not opposed to the American influence or presence in the region. And, finally, you're stupid to believe we could withdraw from the region and the attacks would cease.

CosmicCowboy
09-12-2012, 11:50 AM

agree

Drachen
09-12-2012, 11:53 AM
And, you're a fucking idiot if you believe these 13th century savages wouldn't be looking for absolutely any justification to impose their religious zealotry on the rest of humanity. Your position also ignores the fact that a majority of Muslims and people of other faiths, in the region, are not opposed to the American influence or presence in the region. And, finally, you're stupid to believe we could withdraw from the region and the attacks would cease.

Who cares, WE are opposed to american presence in the region. Pull back, defend OUR borders, wash our hands, and let them burn each other down. NO assistance, no military aid for any of those countries, no intelligence aid, nothing.

But we can't because we haven't been funding alternative energy development fast enough or long enough.

keep spinnin right round baby right round.

Drachen
09-12-2012, 11:53 AM

agree

I'll agree too, but I like stringer bell the best.

Homeland Security
09-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Thanks for proving my point.
You proved nothing.

I don't give a shit about obviously inferior civilizations. You break out with the kumbaya bullshit about oh it's so bad to think you're better than someone else. Well sorry, but when one civilization has spent the last 500 years ruling the planet and the other civilization has spent the last 500 years fucking goats and little boys, I think you can say pretty clearly which one is superior.

People get all riled up about Arab Muslims like they're some existential threat to the Western way of life in 2012. They aren't. They never will be because their culture is self-limiting. These aren't Turks. The only people who can be a threat to your way of life are people who are at least as powerful as you are. So, for example, America could fuck over Slovenia if it wanted to because Slovenia is a shitty little country that never had anything good that wasn't handed to them by the Austrians.

Red-state Americans get bent out of shape over the prospect of people with little or no power fucking them over. Examples: Muslims in the Middle East, Hispanics, blacks, etc. This is idiotic. They are completely blind towards people who might actually be able to exercise power over them -- white, blue-state Americans and secular Jews. Why is this? Racism, as in unwillingness to view white "fellow citizens" as the other? Certainly I have no problem with racism since objective reality is racist, but when it makes you unable to see your true enemy it must be called out.

Homeland Security
09-12-2012, 11:58 AM
The great thing about the troll persona is that it allows me to write freely and have everyone write it off as trolling. And if I ever get called on it I can just start actually trolling.

angrydude
09-12-2012, 12:00 PM

and I'd like 10 billions dollars. But it'll never happen.

Homeland Security
09-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Ha, so it turns out after all that the movie was a pretext and that this was a coordinated attack carried out by the Egyptian and Libyan governments together with Al Qaeda to give America another bloody nose on 9/11.

And you know what? There will be little or no response. Who cares? Blue America knows and understands that its enemy is not Egypt or Libya, but Red America, and this sort of thing is just collateral damage for using Muslims to carry out their agenda. They think they've got that tiger by the tail.

Red America thinks that sand n!gger5 are an existential threat, and while it is chasing after them, Blue America will sneak up behind and apply the fatal wound.

George Gervin's Afro
09-12-2012, 12:26 PM

I think johnsmith prefers to condenm a country based on the actions of an out of control mob.. makes perfect sense..

George Gervin's Afro
09-12-2012, 12:29 PM
It's not what Libyans do that concerns me. What is the United States going to do?

I say cut diplomatic ties and end foreign aid with every North African and Middle East nation that has as its leaders this Islamic Extremists bastards.

so ..cut ties with any country that has ties to extremsism..which would mean... all of them.... :lmao

George Gervin's Afro
09-12-2012, 12:30 PM

sincerely the administration that continually kills extremists..

CosmicCowboy
09-12-2012, 12:30 PM
I think johnsmith prefers to condenm a country based on the actions of an out of control mob.. makes perfect sense..

You REALLY think the Libyan/Egyptian governments had NO IDEA there were going to be demonstrations at the american embassies on 9/11?

George Gervin's Afro
09-12-2012, 12:32 PM
You REALLY think the Libyan/Egyptian governments had NO IDEA there were going to be demonstrations at the american embassies on 9/11?

don't these govt.'s have bigger things to worry about? take time off from a civil wars to stick it ot the Americans....mmmk

CosmicCowboy
09-12-2012, 12:35 PM
don't these govt.'s have bigger things to worry about? take time off from a civil wars to stick it ot the Americans....mmmk

WTF? That doesn't even make sense.

George Gervin's Afro
09-12-2012, 12:41 PM
WTF? That doesn't even make sense.

never mind

Homeland Security
09-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Now we've got, what, six or seven more countries conducting "protests?" The Muslim Brotherhood announced that it is spearheading the protests?

Awesome.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha America, you're gonna lay down and it, you're gonna let the Muslims shit all over you and do a victory lap. Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

DarrinS
09-12-2012, 12:56 PM
<removed>

Homeland Security
09-12-2012, 12:57 PM
"Superpower" HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

On your "solemn holiday" 9/11, governments YOU sponsored to be installed collaborated to invade YOUR embassies and kill YOUR ambassador because they know you won't do anything about it. You're more concerned about protecting the stupid black man YOU elected to lead and making excuses for him.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA you deserve to die.

CosmicCowboy
09-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Obama goes to Vegas campaigning, refuses to meet with Netanyahu while he is in the states because his "schedule is full" and then schedules a interview on Letterman.

Sweet. Showin some real leadership there bubba.

clambake
09-12-2012, 01:21 PM
Obama goes to Vegas campaigning, refuses to meet with Netanyahu while he is in the states because his "schedule is full" and then schedules a interview on Letterman.

you want him to kowtow and play puppet even more?

if i were prez i'd tell him that i call the meetings.......and when i do, you better move your ass.

scott
09-12-2012, 01:22 PM

Netanyahu available to meet at end of month. Obama to be on Letterman next week. Lame story.

TeyshaBlue
09-12-2012, 01:22 PM
I guess a beer summit is out of the question.

Homeland Security
09-12-2012, 01:23 PM
I think I'll go put on a kaffiyeh, take a shit, and wipe my ass with the American flag before setting the flag on fire. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

You know those thousands of American soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan thinking they were defending your asses? They died for NOTHING because you aren't worth defending. They should be turning their weapons on YOU.

djohn2oo8
09-12-2012, 01:26 PM
so ..cut ties with any country that has ties to extremsism..which would mean... all of them.... :lmao

And the repugs

Wild Cobra
09-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Why are you so twisted?

Wild Cobra
09-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Clamboy thinks that 2016 is a Mormon movie.

boutons_deux
09-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Why are you so twisted?

just stating the truth, which you can't handle.

boutons_deux
09-12-2012, 01:40 PM

Barry not dancing to Bibi's flute, showing REAL leadership.

Wild Cobra
09-12-2012, 01:41 PM
just stating the truth, which you can't handle.
You sure have a twisted sense of truth.

johnsmith
09-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Since it's now coming out that this thing was organized and planned, can we all start taking shots at the intelligence community and Obama for letting it happen on his watch? :wakeup

jack sommerset
09-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Anyone figure out who did this yet? God bless

FuzzyLumpkins
09-12-2012, 02:01 PM
I have a better question: what do you think should be done?

Apparently people want to punish the Libyan government in some way.

But really other than gathering intelligence on who actually executed the attacks and working to insure security for our officials I fail to see what should be done.

Oh and any GOP stooge should know that Romney fucked up on this one. For the next day or so the discussion will be about his tying American values to that film instead of the shitty jobs report like he should have been clinging to like a life raft.

It's interesting watch the GOP types around here parrot the more and more desperate rhetoric. You can tell that CC is watching Fox News religiously as he regurgitates the narrative.

Where are Baker, Rove, and Atwater when you need them? Those guys gained the GOP the reputation as the best campaigners of the modern era. Looks like that era is over. Losing to this particular incumbent is particularly sad.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Since it's now coming out that this thing was organized and planned, can we all start taking shots at the intelligence community and Obama for letting it happen on his watch? :wakeup

What's coming out is speculation and nothing more. You guys really need to stop watching cable news.

johnsmith
09-12-2012, 02:07 PM
I have a better question: what do you think should be done?

Apparently people want to punish the Libyan government in some way.

But really other than gathering intelligence on who actually executed the attacks and working to insure security for our officials I fail to see what should be done.

I admit that I don't really know much about Libyan/American relations. Maybe you or someone else can answer this question for me, why do we care about Libya?

Oh and any GOP stooge should know that Romney fucked up on this one. For the next day or so the discussion will be about his tying American values to that film instead of the shitty jobs report like he should have been clinging to like a life raft.

It's interesting watch the GOP types around here parrot the more and more desperate rhetoric. You can tell that CC is watching Fox News religiously as he regurgitates the narrative.

Where are Baker, Rove, and Atwater when you need them? Those guys gained the GOP the reputation as the best campaigners of the modern era. Looks like that era is over. Losing to this particular incumbent is particularly sad.

While I will be voting republican (although it doesn't really matter because I live in Texas), the GOP supporters, the rabid ones, just don't get that their guy has no chance at winning.

johnsmith
09-12-2012, 02:08 PM
What's coming out is speculation and nothing more. You guys really need to stop watching cable news.

I'm at work and haven't looked at a TV all day.....so where should I get my news while I'm here?

johnsmith
09-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Fuck, sadly, the main source for my news stories is you bunch of assclowns.

johnsmith
09-12-2012, 02:10 PM
I get more information from a guy named "Homeland Security" then I do Yahoo.

Wild Cobra
09-12-2012, 02:13 PM
Anyone figure out who did this yet? God bless

Probably the same mentality of people there as to those who riot over here destructively.

johnsmith
09-12-2012, 02:13 PM
Having no idea what these Middle Eastern cities are like, I wonder what kind of neighborhood the embassy was in?

You think if they would have built it in the "nice" part of town, this shit wouldn't ever happen? :p:

johnsmith
09-12-2012, 02:14 PM
Probably the same mentality of people there as to those who riot over here destructively.

Hey fuck you. I was in downtown Denver the night the Broncos won the super bowl. We were tear gassed that night.....we lost a lot of good men down there, and not once did we fight back, just broke a few light poles is all.

Wild Cobra
09-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Hey fuck you. I was in downtown Denver the night the Broncos won the super bowl. We were tear gassed that night.....we lost a lot of good men down there, and not once did we fight back, just broke a few light poles is all.
Break a few light bulbs in their country, and you might be shot instead of gassed.

I said the same mentality. I didn't say the same actions.

johnsmith
Break a few light bulbs in their country, and you might be shot instead of gassed.

I said the same mentality. I didn't say the same actions.

I was just kidding chief.

As an aside, getting tear gassed sucks.

Wild Cobra
We can all blame Nobama. (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174977)

clambake
09-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Clamboy thinks that 2016 is a Mormon movie.

you dumbass. its even being advertised as a mormon movie now.....so that christians are more acceptable of mormonism.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Fuck, sadly, the main source for my news stories is you bunch of assclowns.

http://www.csmonitor.com/

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/

I find the CSM to be one of the best if not the best journalism on the planet.

I include FP as I see you are a conservative and you would probably appreciate their approach.

CosmicCowboy
09-12-2012, 02:26 PM
you dumbass. its even being advertised as a mormon movie now.....so that christians are more acceptable of mormonism.

That's an interesting claim.

I certainly haven't seen that.

link?

FuzzyLumpkins
09-12-2012, 02:27 PM
Libya's Ambassador to Washington Ali Aujali said Wednesday that associates of disposed tyrant Muammar al-Qaddafi were behind the Tuesday attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi that resulted in the deaths of four American officials, including Ambassador Chris Stevens.

"We know that Qaddafi's associates are in Libya. Of course, they took this chance to infiltrate among the people," Aujali said in today in an interview. His claim contradicts most reports, which place the blame on radical Islamist groups that claimed to be reacting to an obscure American film they viewed as insulting to Islam.

Aujali said that the Libyan government has intelligence that unspecified Qaddafi forces were involved.

http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2012/09/12/libyan_ambassador_blames_ex_qaddafi_forces_for_con sulate_attacks

clambake
09-12-2012, 02:28 PM
That's an interesting claim.

I certainly haven't seen that.

link?

the commercials state......in the first words spoken....."2016, the movie by gerald molen".

CosmicCowboy
09-12-2012, 02:33 PM
the commercials state......in the first words spoken....."2016, the movie by gerald molen".

so? When I watched Schindler's List, or Rain Man, or Jurassic Park was it supposed to make mormons more acceptable to me?

clambake
09-12-2012, 02:35 PM
so? When I watched Schindler's List, or Rain Man, or Jurassic Park was it supposed to make mormons more acceptable to me?

nobody heard of molen then.

CosmicCowboy
09-12-2012, 02:36 PM
nobody heard of molen then.

Do you realize how stupid your argument sounds?

scott
09-12-2012, 02:37 PM

It's the same as how Jaws is just designed to make people more accepting of Jews.

clambake
09-12-2012, 02:38 PM

stupid like a movie produced by a mormon for the agenda of a mormon?

is that what you mean?

clambake
09-12-2012, 02:38 PM
It's the same as how Jaws is just designed to make people more accepting of Jews.

boutons_deux
09-12-2012, 02:41 PM
The Deadly Rocket Attack in Libya and Romney's Crass Exploitation of National Tragedy

Mitt Romney's presidential campaign attempted to capitalize on the events today, as Romney held a press conference denouncing the Obama administration's response to the attack. "This attack on American individuals and embassies is outrageous, it’s disgusting," said the GOP candidate. Romney then crassly exploited the attack, saying: "I also believe the administration was wrong to stand by a statement sympathizing with those who had breached our embassy in Egypt, instead of condemning their actions. It’s never too early for the United States government to condemn attacks on Americans and to defend our values."

Romney's reference to "sympathy" is a distortion, but the comments reflect a conscious effort by the Romney campaign to hit Obama on foreign policy.

Romney's claim that the Obama administration "sympathesizes" with the attackers is a reference to a US Embassy statement from Cairo expressing dismay at the anti-Muslim film. But the White House says that the statement "was not cleared by Washington and does not reflect the views of the United States government."

The comments from the Romney camp make sense, though, when placing them in the context of how Romney has run his presidential campaign. The claim made at the press conference that the administration "apologized" for US values is the latest attempt to hit at Obama for allegedly disavowing "American exceptionalism"--which he hasn't done.

Romney's statements also reflect his neoconservative foreign policy advisors, many of them connected to the Iraq War, and who advocate for US military might around the world to shape the world as the US sees fit. It was also a nod to the anti-Muslim voters that make up the GOP base. Romney implied that Obama was "sympathesizing" with the Muslim attackers in Egypt--a not-so-subtle way of dog-whistling to those who believe Obama is Muslim himself.

http://www.alternet.org/hot-news-views/deadly-rocket-attack-libya-and-romneys-crass-exploitation-national-tragedy

Gecko dog whistling to birthers and assorted assholes in his base.

boutons_deux
09-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Santorum: ‘If You’re A Thug, Call The U.S. An Oppressor And This President Will Sympathize With You’

http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/09/12/838431/santorum-if-youre-a-thug-call-the-us-an-oppressor-and-this-president-will-sympathize-with-you/

boutons_deux
09-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Kristol: ‘Sept. 11, 2012′ Is Great Time To Accuse Obama Of Sympathizing With Foreign Killers

One can question the timing and tone of Mitt Romney’s statement last night. One can note he wasn’t as fluent and clear as he might have been at his press conference this morning. Still, the fact remains that the events of September 11, 2012, represent a big moment for the country. Romney is right to sense this, and to seize on this moment as an occasion to explain the difference between his foreign policy and President Obama’s. He’s right to reject the counsel of the mainstream media, which is to keep quiet and give President Obama a pass.

http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/09/12/836641/kristol-911-anniversary-is-great-time-to-accuse-obama-of-sympathizing-with-foreign-killers/

Wild Cobra
From the past about Libya:

Kadafi is definitely not a kind leader. however, the US and UN are now interfering with a sovereign nations rights to defend itself against enemies, foreign and domestic.

I'll give 5:1 odd that if Kadafi is overthrown, we will have a worse government in the aftermath to deal with than under his leadership.

Really now?

Do you know what "Conservative Muslim" means? They will now be in power!

Do you really believe the population as a whole wants this?

Really...

The people who did have a "high" HDI index, had the best standard of living of all African nations, and was completely self sufficient... until this war...

Do you really believe that?

I call it propaganda.

Why do liberals like you believe in the authoritarian approach of imposing our values on other sovereign nations?

"You will comply with our wishes, or we will fire 112 cruise missiles at you!"

My recall has it that they called for stopping Gaddafi from killing the protesters. Remember the couple videos that showed these so-called protesters had weapons? I wonder, who fired the first shots?

I'm sorry, I simply do not buy the UN reasoning. Looks like lies to me.

I guess just because the UN says so, it must be gospel, huh?

You are an idiot to mistake my acceptance of a sovereign nations rights for agreeing with them.

These people know the law. They knew the penalties. Now you treat them as innocence?

My God... Just how ignorant are you?

Those who live within the laws of Libya, have a good life. Who are we to interfere with nations who re no threat to us?

Again, since we attacked Libya, over trumped up reasons, when they rate as high as they do in the HDI, when are we going to attack the 100+ nations who are worse?

Wow...

A nation likely 10 times worse than Libya, and we aren't going to do anything about their human rights abuses?

Oh wait...

They aren't 100% self sufficient like Libya was. They actually need the UN!

I see...

The aggressor of war is favored.

Again, what did Qaddafi do to deserve this?

He shared the oil revenue with the people.

He took one of the poorest world nations and made it one with a high HDI, and self sufficient.

He treated criminals harsh, like nearly all other Arab nations do.

Was that enough to overthrow him? Just because he killed rebels posing as civilians?

Created what is known as the 8th wonder.

I wouldn't call it a shithole, you shithead.

clambake
bou, i have never clicked those links. can you go somewhere else?

Wild Cobra
09-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Libya's Ambassador to Washington Ali Aujali said Wednesday that associates of disposed tyrant Muammar al-Qaddafi were behind the Tuesday attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi that resulted in the deaths of four American officials, including Ambassador Chris Stevens.

"We know that Qaddafi's associates are in Libya. Of course, they took this chance to infiltrate among the people," Aujali said in today in an interview. His claim contradicts most reports, which place the blame on radical Islamist groups that claimed to be reacting to an obscure American film they viewed as insulting to Islam.

Aujali said that the Libyan government has intelligence that unspecified Qaddafi forces were involved. http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2012/09/12/libyan_ambassador_blames_ex_qaddafi_forces_for_con sulate_attacks
And you take his word at face value. A man in high places from a terrorist organization that gained Obama's help to overthrow Gaddafi?

OK, If that's what you want to believe.

Wild Cobra
09-12-2012, 02:50 PM
stupid like a movie produced by a mormon for the agenda of a mormon?

is that what you mean?
I said this before, looks like I have to say it again.

This Mormon producer was one of 6 producers on that film project.

Look up what a producer does in the film industry as well, since you didn't believe me he first time.

You continue to show your absolute stupidity when you repeat things along these lines.

CosmicCowboy
09-12-2012, 02:51 PM
It is Fuzzy after all. Why would the Muslim Brotherhood lie about that?

clambake
09-12-2012, 02:52 PM
I said this before, looks like I have to say it again.

This Mormon producer was one of 6 producers on that film project.

Look up what a producer does in the film industry as well, since you didn't believe me he first time.

You continue to show your absolute stupidity when you repeat things along these lines.

they refer to it as "a movie by gerald molen" in the commercial....dumbass.

HI-FI
09-12-2012, 02:52 PM
I get more information from a guy named "Homeland Security" then I do Yahoo.
sad but true. his shit does crack me up.

i'm almost positive ES is behind the Sybok troll, which is my favorite troll on this site.

as for that pic posted earlier, i kept thinking it looked like James Woods was killed. probably something wrong with my reactions to things. i probably wouldn't have looked at it if it was full of dismemberment. i feel most sorry for his loved ones, to see him paraded around by a bunch of monkeys. that region is fucking gone.

johnsmith
09-12-2012, 02:57 PM
http://www.csmonitor.com/

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/

I find the CSM to be one of the best if not the best journalism on the planet.

I include FP as I see you are a conservative and you would probably appreciate their approach.

I didn't know about the FP one..... Thanks fuzzy.:toast

FuzzyLumpkins
09-12-2012, 03:00 PM
And you take his word at face value. A man in high places from a terrorist organization that gained Obama's help to overthrow Gaddafi?

OK, If that's what you want to believe.

Who said anything about what I believe. What part of 'its all speculation' wsa difficult to understand. It's pretty obvious what you believe as your little masturbatory quotefest demonstrated.

I thought that the Libyan ambassador stating that he had intelligence was newsworthy. I do not even know what the intelligence is so why would I 'believe' anything?

Seriously stop thinking other people think like you do most especially me. It's pretty obvious that is not the case.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-12-2012, 03:01 PM
I didn't know about the FP one..... Thanks fuzzy.:toast

Glad if i can help.

Wild Cobra
09-12-2012, 03:04 PM
It is Fuzzy after all. Why would the Muslim Brotherhood lie about that?

Muslims would never lie to an infidel.

Wild Cobra
09-12-2012, 03:05 PM
they refer to it as "a movie by gerald molen" in the commercial....dumbass.
For name recognition you dumbass.

Spock says "double dumbass on you."

clambake
09-12-2012, 03:06 PM

for mormon recognition, dumbass.

djohn2oo8
09-12-2012, 03:07 PM

WC proving everybody else's point but his own. Per the usual, par the course.

Wild Cobra
09-12-2012, 03:10 PM

for mormon recognition, dumbass.
Do people see him more as a Mormon, or producer of several good films?

Producer:

2011 Beyond the Blackboard (TV movie) (executive producer)

2003 The Legend of Johnny Lingo (producer)

2002 Minority Report (producer)

2001 The Other Side of Heaven (producer)

2000 The View from the Swing (executive producer)

1997 The Lost World: Jurassic Park (producer)

1996 The Trigger Effect (executive producer)

1996 Twister (executive producer)

1995 Casper (executive producer)

1994 Little Giants (executive producer)

1994 The Little Rascals (executive producer)

1994 The Flintstones (executive producer)

1993 Schindler's List (producer)

1993 Jurassic Park (producer)

1993 A Far Off Place (executive producer)

1991 Hook (producer)

1990 Days of Thunder (executive producer)

1988 Rain Man (co-producer)

1988 Bright Lights, Big City (executive producer)

1987 *batteries not included (associate producer)

Production manager of:

Hook (unit production manager)

1990 Days of Thunder (unit production manager)

1988 Rain Man (unit production manager)

1988 Bright Lights, Big City (unit production manager)

1987 *batteries not included (unit production manager)

1985 The Color Purple (unit production manager)

1984 A Soldier's Story (unit production manager)

1982 Tootsie (unit production manager)

1982 Let's Spend the Night Together (documentary) (unit production manager)

1981 The Postman Always Rings Twice (unit production manager)

Actor:

2002 Catch Me If You Can
FBI Agent (as Gerald Molen)

2001 The Other Side of Heaven
President Coombs (as Jerry Molen)

1997 Amistad
Magistrate (as Jerry Molen)

1993 Jurassic Park
Gerry Harding (as Jerry Molen)

1990 Days of Thunder
Dr. Wilhaire (as Jerry Molen)

1988 Rain Man
Dr. Bruner (as Jerry Molen)

I never knew he was Mormon until idiots like you made a big thing of it. But then I don't go out looking for possible dirt on people either.

How many hours of your day does that consume anyway?

I proved my point. Not going to pollute this thread any longer by wiping your ass with the floor.

Clipper Nation
09-12-2012, 03:12 PM
It's because we have a percentage of the world population that is living in the 13th century.

And they happen to comprise the "mainstream" of the GOP....

cheguevara
09-12-2012, 03:14 PM
wow wow

us ambassador killed. this shit is big. now we know what's going to be the election clinching topic. surprise surprise. good timing too

IMO this is a failure by Obama govmt, they fucked Lybia up, helped in the murder of Ghadaffi and then put an embassy there with no proper security. the security in that spot should have been higher than Iraq

this could be a turning point

Wild Cobra
09-12-2012, 03:14 PM
And they happen to comprise the "mainstream" of the GOP....
Ha. Ha.

Is that really funny in your world?

Libya was in the 21'st century, until we helped one side in a Civil war.

clambake
09-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Do people see him more as a Mormon, or producer of several good films?

2011 Beyond the Blackboard (TV movie) (executive producer)

2003 The Legend of Johnny Lingo (producer)

2002 Minority Report (producer)

2001 The Other Side of Heaven (producer)

2000 The View from the Swing (executive producer)

1997 The Lost World: Jurassic Park (producer)

1996 The Trigger Effect (executive producer)

1996 Twister (executive producer)

1995 Casper (executive producer)

1994 Little Giants (executive producer)

1994 The Little Rascals (executive producer)

1994 The Flintstones (executive producer)

1993 Schindler's List (producer)

1993 Jurassic Park (producer)

1993 A Far Off Place (executive producer)

1991 Hook (producer)

1990 Days of Thunder (executive producer)

1988 Rain Man (co-producer)

1988 Bright Lights, Big City (executive producer)

1987 *batteries not included (associate producer)

I never knew he was Mormon until idiots like you made a big thing of it. But then I don't do out looking for possible dirt on people either.

How many hours of your day does that consume anyway?

I proved my point. Not going to pollute this thread any longer by wiping your ass with the floor.

how many of those movies were advertised as "a movie by gerald molen"?

and.......please stop thinking about my ass.

cheguevara
09-12-2012, 03:17 PM
one thing is for sure. these muslim folks are easily trolled

jack sommerset
09-12-2012, 03:19 PM
one thing is for sure. these muslim folks are easily trolled

It doesn't take much. God bless

cheguevara
09-12-2012, 03:20 PM
dayum ghadaffi came back from death to avenge the architect of his murder :wow

can u say what goes around...

Juggity
09-12-2012, 03:20 PM
wow wow

us ambassador killed. this shit is big. now we know what's going to be the election clinching topic. surprise surprise. good timing too

IMO this is a failure by Obama govmt, they fucked Lybia up, helped in the murder of Ghadaffi and then put an embassy there with no proper security. the security in that spot should have been higher than Iraq

this could be a turning point

?

Romney just released a statement that was widely panned and even castigated for exploiting the tragedy. If anything, it's probably making Obama's already solid chances of reelection better.

Clipper Nation
09-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Ha. Ha.

Is that really funny in your world?
Not funny really, just sad.... whatever happened to diplomacy and strength through peace? THAT'S a 21st century viewpoint, as opposed to going to war with every country that looks at us funny....

Wild Cobra
09-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Not funny really, just sad.... whatever happened to diplomacy and strength through peace? THAT'S a 21st century viewpoint, as opposed to going to war with every country that looks at us funny....
So why is Obama aiding in the destruction of other nations?

Why did he allow our cruise missiles to turn the tide for terrorists against a Leader who finally adjusted to actually being a leader?

Clipper Nation
09-12-2012, 03:27 PM
The neocon wing of the GOP has led the charge for meddling in the Middle East since at least George H.W. Bush's presidency, tbh.... Obama is a neocon on foreign policy for sure, and the Democrats deserve a lot of criticism for going along with our out-of-control foreign policy, but the mainstream GOP paved the way for it....

cheguevara
09-12-2012, 03:28 PM
So why is Obama aiding in the destruction of other nations?

Why did he allow our cruise missiles to turn the tide for terrorists against a Leader who finally adjusted to actually being a leader?

Ghadaffi was going to compete vs. petrodollar with his gold dinar

and also compte with the Euro and Saudis. He was starting war in the business space.

threatening to take a Saudi/Euro/American's piece of the pie is a much much higher offense than killing a few civilians apparently

Wild Cobra
09-12-2012, 03:29 PM
The neocon wing of the GOP has led the charge for meddling in the Middle East since at least George H.W. Bush's presidency, tbh.... Obama is a neocon on foreign policy for sure, and the Democrats deserve a lot of criticism for going along with our out-of-control foreign policy, but the mainstream GOP paved the way for it....
How many does this NeoCon wing consist of?

FuzzyLumpkins
09-12-2012, 03:31 PM
We have been warmongering pretty steady since 1898.

Wild Cobra
09-12-2012, 03:32 PM
Ghadaffi was going to compete vs. petrodollar with his gold dinar

True.

and also compte with the Euro and Saudis.
??? Don't remember that one.

He was starting war in the business space.

Cool...

That would have been awesome! Most certainly not a 13th century attitude.

threatening to take a Saudi/Euro/American's piece of the pie is a much much higher offense than killing a few civilians apparently

So our inability to maintain trade balance is his fault, because he would make it worse? Even though it's our fault?

I still see no good reason to take a leader out that took a country farther than any other single leader ever has in modern history.

Wild Cobra
09-12-2012, 03:33 PM
We have been warmongering pretty steady since 1898.
Speak for yourself.

cheguevara
09-12-2012, 03:36 PM
I still see no good reason to take a leader out that took a country farther than any other single leader ever has in modern history.

we do this every decade or so:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f1/Iraq%2C_Saddam_Hussein_%28222%29.jpg

http://www.eyeranian.net/archives/mossadegh.jpg

FuzzyLumpkins
09-12-2012, 03:39 PM
How many does this NeoCon wing consist of?

Let's see Romney has been saber rattling pretty hard towards everyone from Russia to China to Iran and talking up increasing defense spending.

Gingrich and Santorum outright advocated an attack on Iran.

McCain should be obvious from the 2008 candidates. Huckabee also likes him some national defense.

Even Ryan is changing his tune now that he is in the spotlight.

This should be self evident but stupid is as stupid does.

Wild Cobra
09-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Let's see Romney has been saber rattling pretty hard towards everyone from Russia to China to Iran and talking up increasing defense spending.

McCain should be obvious from the 2008 candidates. Huckabee also likes him some national defense.

So less than 1%.

OK.

I think also you should look into the difference of what NeoCon means vs. anyone who believes in strong foreign policy. A NeoCon wants to expand Western influence. Do these people you label as NeoCons want to expand our viewpoints across the world, or just provide protection?

FuzzyLumpkins
09-12-2012, 03:48 PM
That was every major GOP candidate of the last two presidential elections. It is interesting watching you try and will things to be true.

Wild Cobra
09-12-2012, 03:53 PM
That was every major GOP candidate of the last two presidential elections. It is interesting watching you try and will things to be true.
Still...

You are not separating military defense with military expansion.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-12-2012, 04:04 PM
Still...

You are not separating military defense with military expansion.

Romney, McCain, Santorum, Huckabee, and Gingrich amongst other things have straight up stated that an attack on Iran was merited.

Wild Cobra
09-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Romney, McCain, Santorum, Huckabee, and Gingrich amongst other things have straight up stated that an attack on Iran was merited.
Like I said.

You listed less than 1%.

Now, is this attack warranted for "western expansion" or for actual matters of opinion that it is the right thing to do for national security?

FuzzyLumpkins
09-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Like I said.

You listed less than 1%.

Now, is this attack warranted for "western expansion" or for actual matters of opinion that it is the right thing to do for national security?

So when all of the GOP candidates not named Ron Paul of the last two elections advocate an attack on Iran then that to you means that less than 1% of the party are warmongering?

boutons_deux
09-12-2012, 04:48 PM

Gecko's foreign policy adviser is neocon John Bolton :lol World Peace!! :lol

Bolton famously endorsed Bachmann's witch hunt of Muslims in US govt.

Spurs da champs
09-12-2012, 05:09 PM

He's as big a chicken hawk as they come.

CosmicCowboy
09-12-2012, 05:14 PM

If Obama had been President in 1962 instead of JFK we would have Soviet ICBM's in Cuba. JFK understood that making the other guy understand you mean business can change the way they do business without having to go to war.

clambake
09-12-2012, 05:15 PM
If Obama had been President in 1962 instead of JFK we would have Soviet ICBM's in Cuba. JFK understood that making the other guy understand you mean business can change the way they do business without having to go to war.

CosmicCowboy
09-12-2012, 05:16 PM

Nidal Hasan says hi!

ChumpDumper
09-12-2012, 05:17 PM
If Obama had been President in 1962 instead of JFK we would have Soviet ICBM's in Cuba. JFK understood that making the other guy understand you mean business can change the way they do business without having to go to war.:lol

Clipper Nation
09-12-2012, 05:31 PM
I think also you should look into the difference of what NeoCon means vs. anyone who believes in strong foreign policy. A NeoCon wants to expand Western influence.
Firstly, a foreign policy that depends on bombs and wars is inherently weak... a strong foreign policy involves diplomacy and actual free trade...

Secondly, the best way to "expand Western influence" is to set a good example and stop forcing our presence on the rest of the world, tbh...

Clipper Nation
09-12-2012, 05:32 PM
So when all of the GOP candidates not named Ron Paul of the last two elections advocate an attack on Iran then that to you means that less than 1% of the party are warmongering?
Not to mention, the fact that out of the entire GOP, there was only one non-chickenhawk candidate in each of the past two elections shows that the GOP is extremely pro-warmongering...