PDA

View Full Version : Is it weird seeing your exes get married?

DeadlyDynasty
09-12-2012, 10:09 AM
It's almost impossible not to feel something about it, especially depending on how the relationship went. 2 of my exes are married now.

When the first one happened (married 1.5-2 years ago), I was honestly depressed for awhile...like fucking emo depressed. I wanted her to die a miserable, lonely c unt (just how I felt). The 2nd one isn't really depressing, but it doesn't exactly feel great either. More reflective this time, I suppose.

DisAsTerBot
09-12-2012, 10:22 AM
lol no

Drachen
09-12-2012, 10:32 AM
what I don't get is those people who invite their exes to their wedding. My wife and I made a pact on our wedding night: the next time we get married, neither of us are doing a wedding and neither of us are inviting the other to the "ceremony"/reception. :lol

TE
09-12-2012, 10:40 AM
It depends on how the relationship ended. Exes of mine from high school are married to losers and have children...if I was a stupid me i'd kill to be in my current position in terms of not having children and being married. Some chicks just don't cut it bro

leemajors
09-12-2012, 11:02 AM
Prideful.

Bill_Brasky
09-12-2012, 11:32 AM
"Good luck with that bullshit, bro".

They're exes for a reason :lol

baseline bum
09-12-2012, 11:42 AM
BUMP needs to weigh in on going to an exes wedding.

Ginobilly
09-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Why do white people feel the need to still be friends with your girlfriend/wife after the relationship ends? That's some pussy shit right der! That fool is probably fucking her better than you, so why put yourself through that sort of torture by showing up or still being close to her. A real man admits defeat and lets that shit go or beats the shit outta that dude.

Venti Quattro
09-12-2012, 12:13 PM
What happened with your engagement, DD?

DeadlyDynasty
09-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Why do white people feel the need to still be friends with your girlfriend/wife after the relationship ends? That's some pussy shit right der! That fool is probably fucking her better than you, so why put yourself through that sort of torture by showing up or still being close to her. A real man admits defeat and lets that shit go or beats the shit outta that dude.

Huh? I'm not friends with either of them anymore, but i saw that she was married (fb). Chill out, lil nigga

DeadlyDynasty
09-12-2012, 12:15 PM
What happened with your engagement, DD?

Hah, that was broken off a year and a half ago.

Findog
09-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Huh? I'm not friends with either of them anymore, but i saw that she was married (fb). Chill out, lil nigga

What were the circumstances of your parting?

Reck
09-12-2012, 12:47 PM
It is possible not to feel anything.

Exes are exes for a reason. :lol

z0sa
09-12-2012, 12:50 PM
Once I'm done with the bitch I'm done with her... no contact whatsoever if at all possible. I don't have many ex's admittedly but I avoid all of em heh

Findog
09-12-2012, 12:52 PM
It is possible not to feel anything.

Yes, if it wasn't an especially serious or passionate relationship to begin with, or if enough time has passed for those feelings to give way to indifference.

My ex-ex, if I found out she'd gotten married, I'd be really happy for her. She lives in Nebraska, but if I got invited to the wedding and it wasn't onerous to travel, I'd go. I have no romantic feelings for her anymore and we parted on really amicable terms.

The last ex, no fucking way do I want to know anything about what's going on in her life right now.

Exes are exes for a reason. :lol

Agreed

DeadlyDynasty
09-12-2012, 12:55 PM
What were the circumstances of your parting?
Long story short, I got cold feet about getting locked down--especially since I was trying to land an overseas medic gig too--which never happened. Looking back, we got engaged too fast anyways but it was my fault b/c I rushed it as a defense mechanism for the heartbreak of my previous relationship (the nurse in Pittsburgh I told you about). There's more to it obviously, but it's not interesting or fun to talk about.

Findog
09-12-2012, 12:56 PM
There's more to it obviously, but it's not interesting or fun to talk about.

True that. I know how that is.

Findog
09-12-2012, 12:57 PM

I recently cyberpeeked myself. Don't know why I did it. She's not married. Her fb is so locked down privacy-wise I didn't learn anything. Interestingly enough she put some stuff on Pinterest that would lead me to think she's single and dissatisfied with her dating/romantic life but who knows? More importantly, she's the past and not a part of my future.

DeadlyDynasty
09-12-2012, 01:05 PM
I recently cyberpeeked myself. Don't know why I did it. She's not married. Her fb is so locked down privacy-wise I didn't learn anything. Interestingly enough she put some stuff on Pinterest that would lead me to think she's single and dissatisfied with her dating/romantic life but who knows? More importantly, she's the past and not a part of my future.
Yeah, nothing good ever comes from that. Either you're pissed to find out they're happy and in love, or you find out they're single and a small shred of you contemplates some futile hope of getting back together--even if you know it's not possible, or what you really want.

djohn2oo8
09-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Why would anyone want to check on an ex? I mean especially if it ended on bad terms aka cheating slore (Slutwhore). Even if shes not one of those, leave her in the past where she belongs.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-12-2012, 01:09 PM
It's tough to just sever all ties when there are kids involved as my buddy can attest. Both he and his ex are now engaged to new people and at present both plan to attend the other's wedding. They did not part on particularly good terms but they still have a number of mutual friends and their son is still young enough that they feel it's important to show up. They may not necessarily endorse the marriages but they both understand being a new stepmom or dad is tough enough without one of the biological parents doing something that could even be perceived as trying to undermine them.

Obviously my friend's moved on in life, so it's not evoking a lot of huge mixed emotions. I don't think I'd go so far as to say he's well and truly happy for her, but there is some feeling of relief, like any final vestiges of feeling responsible for her in any way are completely done with.

BUMP
09-12-2012, 01:12 PM
Why do white people feel the need to still be friends with your girlfriend/wife after the relationship ends?

srsly

There's a lot of people I know that do this I guess in hopes of getting her back when she's dumped. How beta is that? My last gf always had an ex (who was like half my size) show up to our parties through mutual friends and would literally be in the same room as us as we made out and stuff. I don't know how he could sit there and deal with that knowing that I would also take her home and plow her later.

Although I think they ended up going out again after I dumped her:lol

J.T.
09-12-2012, 01:17 PM
If anything I feel bad for the sucker who's in line to lose half of everything he owns and accrues during the marriage.

There are 1 billion more females than males on this Earth. Marriage is dumb.

leemajors
09-12-2012, 01:24 PM
It's tough to just sever all ties when there are kids involved as my buddy can attest. Both he and his ex are now engaged to new people and at present both plan to attend the other's wedding. They did not part on particularly good terms but they still have a number of mutual friends and their son is still young enough that they feel it's important to show up. They may not necessarily endorse the marriages but they both understand being a new stepmom or dad is tough enough without one of the biological parents doing something that could even be perceived as trying to undermine them.

Obviously my friend's moved on in life, so it's not evoking a lot of huge mixed emotions. I don't think I'd go so far as to say he's well and truly happy for her, but there is some feeling of relief, like any final vestiges of feeling responsible for her in any way are completely done with.

Similar situation with my ex, but neither one of us is getting married soon, and I am in a happy relationship myself. You just try and make it as normal as you can for the kid, even though most of the time the last thing you want to do is talk to them. I do not let conversations go past the subject of our daughter, it just leads to trouble.

Fpoonsie
09-12-2012, 01:39 PM
As someone said above, it all depends on how tha relationship ended. Only had one that hurt. She and I were together for 3 1/2 years, living together for 2, and then things eventually went south. She ended up hooking up with a better looking, beefy guy a year or so later after me -- I think he already had a kid -- and last I knew, the two of them were engaged.

Around that time, though, I pretty much lost all contact with her. Prolly for the best.

Trill Clinton
09-12-2012, 01:43 PM
naw its not weird because i don't sweat them broads once we're broken up. don't friend em' on facebook, no holiday texts, none of that. they're dead to me. they can be married, have kids, get a promotion and i wont give a single fuck.

redzero
09-12-2012, 01:46 PM
If anything I feel bad for the sucker who's in line to lose half of everything he owns and accrues during the marriage.

There are 1 billion more females than males on this Earth. Marriage is dumb.

Agreed.

Wild Cobra
09-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Is it weird seeing your exes get married?
Yes. She's your ex. Get over it.

Wild Cobra's Surgeon
09-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Yes. She's your ex. Get over it.
She's never far out of reach with Google Earth, though...amirite?

Lincoln
09-12-2012, 02:19 PM
crofl BUMP with the alpha goods not giving a fuck about the pussy ass beta ex in the same room

djohn2oo8
09-12-2012, 02:59 PM
naw its not weird because i don't sweat them broads once we're broken up. don't friend em' on facebook, no holiday texts, none of that. they're dead to me. they can be married, have kids, get a promotion and i wont give a single fuck.

Trill keepin' it trill.

mavs>spurs
09-12-2012, 03:08 PM

yep, that's how i see it. my last ex i bitched out pretty good and let it allllllllllll out just to make damn sure that she never tried to come back around or show her little face around me

TheRealCB
09-12-2012, 03:48 PM
I try to believe I'm over my ex,but if/when I see her with someone else,I might snap and go ballistic on the guy..I don't know,each person sees it differently..

BUMP
09-12-2012, 03:55 PM
crofl BUMP with the alpha goods not giving a fuck about the pussy ass beta ex in the same room

:lol had no idea the cuck was an ex for awhile. To be fair, being the shoulder to cry on = him being able to smash on a regular basis now so I guess staying in contact while I was plowing her for months was worth it

Lincoln
09-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Rofl sounds very white knight to me.

BUMP
09-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Guess so, but atleast he's getting some I guess. This girl's gone through 3 boyfriends (me being the last one) since they first dated and he keeps getting the sympathy sex after she's dumped. And I don't think this guy ever hooks up with anyone else

Extremely beta but atleast he's getting rewarded....until she finds another guy, rinse repeat, no helmet etc

ploto
09-12-2012, 04:17 PM
My ex-husband was a better ex-husband than real husband and a better part-time father than a full-time father. For the first couple of years, things went well. We both knew how to be mature because there was a kid involved. We had no troubles at all, until he met someone who was insecure and controlling. From day 1, she forbid (yes, I said forbid) him from talking to me at all in person or on the phone. He said I could only e-mail him. Then, it got even worse because she started answering the e-mails I sent him. So, now I e-mail him at work and he responds to me, and she has nothing to do with it. Once he met her, he pretty much stopped all contact with his kid (also because of her). So when they got married, my son did not even attend (of his choice, he was 16 by then and had only met her once at a family holiday).

Because of how he was when we were married, I first felt the desire to protect her from him. However, after all she has done, I think they deserve each other.

DMC
09-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Usually, for me, that meant she stops trolling the clubs I hang out in.

JMarkJohns
09-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Depends on the level... if you were close to getting married as a couple, and aren't yet married post breakup, then absolutely it's weird, or surreal. What's worse is how facebook's recent changes make it impossible to ignore said ex's life moments, since whatever shared friends like or comment on shows up on your newsfeed.

It's been a long damn time since I've seen my ex, but thanks to drama-queen facebook, I've seen her goddamn engagement, wedding and newborn baby photos the past two years.

Least she's still stuck in the shithole town we grew up in with a shithead husband with no future while I'm in a top-25 Travel magazine college town and a university professor.

ChumpDumper
09-12-2012, 06:12 PM
If they're happy, I'm happy for them.

DMC
09-12-2012, 06:13 PM
If they're happy, I'm happy for them.
Did realize yours could legally marry in Texas.

j/k

ChumpDumper
09-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Did realize yours could legally marry in Texas.

j/k:lol

:married:

mavs>spurs
09-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Depends on the level... if you were close to getting married as a couple, and aren't yet married post breakup, then absolutely it's weird, or surreal. What's worse is how facebook's recent changes make it impossible to ignore said ex's life moments, since whatever shared friends like or comment on shows up on your newsfeed.

It's been a long damn time since I've seen my ex, but thanks to drama-queen facebook, I've seen her goddamn engagement, wedding and newborn baby photos the past two years.

Least she's still stuck in the shithole town we grew up in with a shithead husband with no future while I'm in a top-25 Travel magazine college town and a university professor.

it's your fault for having her on facebook which is somewhat beta. i would have just deleted the bitch.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-12-2012, 06:27 PM
it's your fault for having her on facebook which is somewhat beta. i would have just deleted the bitch.

Trying to pretend something doesn't exist isn't alpha. It's weakminded denial.

you suck at machismo.

mavs>spurs
09-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Trying to pretend something doesn't exist isn't alpha. It's weakminded denial.

you suck at machismo.

being the pussy beta "lets be friends after a breakup" guy is retarded as fuck..even if it's just facebook friends. let the bitch know she aint shit to you, you don't care about her, you're through with her and never have to see her face again. that's about as alpha as it gets..see you're looking at it from the pussy perspective. "trying to pretend something doesn't exist" sounds like you miss her and are in denial about the whole thing..what i'm saying is totally different. you broke up with the bitch for a reason so just leave her in the past no need to stay in touch online.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-12-2012, 06:32 PM
being the pussy beta "lets be friends after a breakup" guy is retarded as fuck..even if it's just facebook friends. let the bitch know she aint shit to you, you don't care about her, you're through with her and never have to see her face again. that's about as alpha as it gets..see you're looking at it from the pussy perspective. "trying to pretend something doesn't exist" sounds like you miss her and are in denial about the whole thing..what i'm saying is totally different. you broke up with the bitch for a reason so just leave her in the past no need to stay in touch online.

No that is just fronting.

You suck at machismo.

ChumpDumper
09-12-2012, 06:33 PM
being the pussy beta "lets be friends after a breakup" guy is retarded as fuck..even if it's just facebook friends. let the bitch know she aint shit to you, you don't care about her, you're through with her and never have to see her face again. that's about as alpha as it gets..see you're looking at it from the pussy perspective. "trying to pretend something doesn't exist" sounds like you miss her and are in denial about the whole thing..what i'm saying is totally different. you broke up with the bitch for a reason so just leave her in the past no need to stay in touch online.Man, she really fucked you up.

Sorry.

mavs>spurs
09-12-2012, 06:34 PM
no need to front when you really don't give a fuck and don't want to keep someone around. it's called a "break up" for a reason brah. you sound like a sissy beta male who is trying to justify your behavior towards ex's. you keep being that "friends guy" and calling real men beta, it's not like i give a fuck what "fuzzylumpkins" has to say anyway.

ChumpDumper
09-12-2012, 06:35 PM
no need to front when you really don't give a fuck and don't want to keep someone around. it's called a "break up" for a reason brah. you sound like a sissy beta male who is trying to justify your behavior towards ex's. you keep being that "friends guy" and calling real men beta, it's not like i give a fuck what "fuzzylumpkins" has to say anyway.Things will get better when (if?) you get a new girlfriend.

mavs>spurs
09-12-2012, 06:41 PM
that strawman was so weak it fell down when a mosquito flew by

ChumpDumper
09-12-2012, 06:43 PM
You're just bitter about your beta turn in PM land.

This too shall pass.

djohn2oo8
09-12-2012, 06:51 PM
I dont fuk with girls who have guy best friends or have more guy friends than girlfriends...shit aint normal

mavs>spurs
09-12-2012, 06:53 PM
^those are the scandalous ones

Latarian Milton
09-12-2012, 08:25 PM
your supposed to get through alot of exes in your 20s until finally getting engaged to your future husband or wife, or coming to the realization that being a celibate is the smartest decision. and the girl/guy your currently dating may also be the ex of many other guys and girls. exes are just like everyone imho there's no need to treat them differently than other people, if they're still technically your friends then what's the problem attending their weddings when your invited? you better be cool and magnanimous imho

JMarkJohns
09-12-2012, 09:11 PM

I don't have her on Facebook. Facebook didn't exist when we were together or when we broke up. I have friends that are shared friends of hers in real life, thus on Facebook, so when she posts her happy shitty pictures of her happy shitty life and our shared friends comment on them, the pictures and the comments show up on my newsfeed.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-12-2012, 09:14 PM
I don't have her on Facebook. Facebook didn't exist when we were together or when we broke up. I have friends that are shared friends of hers in real life, thus on Facebook, so when she posts her happy shitty pictures of her happy shitty life and our shared friends comment on them, the pictures and the comments show up on my newsfeed.
You're from Yuma right? The fact she's still in Yuma and you're not should be enough to make it something you're not bitter about :lol

JMarkJohns
09-12-2012, 09:23 PM
You're from Yuma right? The fact she's still in Yuma and you're not should be enough to make it something you're not bitter about :lol

I am ecstatic about this... Even said so in my first post :lol

JMarkJohns
09-12-2012, 09:29 PM
I am going to be forced to interact when a shared friend gets married soon. I'm being paid vast sums of money to photograph the wedding, while she, as the "best friend" gets to stand there for free as the maid of honor.

DeadlyDynasty
09-12-2012, 09:33 PM
I am going to be forced to interact when a shared friend gets married soon. I'm being paid vast sums of money to photograph the wedding, while she, as the "best friend" gets to stand there for free as the maid of honor.
I'm crashing it

JMarkJohns
09-12-2012, 09:55 PM
I'm crashing it

:lol

Cane
09-12-2012, 10:03 PM
I like seeing them get fat and happy

Peace and love for everyone

Although it does feel like a party that you missed out on. At least you won't have to clean up the mess afterwards though:downspin:

Findog
09-12-2012, 11:17 PM

You can block her and that won't happen.

lebomb
09-13-2012, 07:05 AM
No, because now someone else is putting up with that bitches shit!!!!

symple19
09-13-2012, 07:34 AM
I'm crashing it

Really? Not a good idea, imo. Let that shit go

DeadlyDynasty
09-13-2012, 09:49 AM
Really? Not a good idea, imo. Let that shit go
lol I was talking about JMJ's exes' wedding

symple19
09-14-2012, 12:41 AM
lol I was talking about JMJ's exes' wedding

ah, that's what I get for not reading the whole thread

mojorizen7
09-14-2012, 05:22 AM
I left my ex-wife because she was an alcoholic whore.
I was a dumbass for marrying her in the first place.

The last 9 years have been golden for me. Cause for celebration tbh....