PDA

View Full Version : 12 disappointing facts about popular music

CosmicCowboy
09-12-2012, 11:10 AM
http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/12-extremely-disappointing-facts-about-popular-mus

clambake
09-12-2012, 11:14 AM
its called marketing.

Drachen
09-12-2012, 11:15 AM
every time I see this thing I am always surprised the most by the REM/Led Zepplin/Depeche Mode thing.

Leetonidas
09-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Media is much more accessible these days, it's no wonder music sells a lot better these days when its so easily available compared to the 70s

Leetonidas
09-12-2012, 11:16 AM
every time I see this thing I am always surprised the most by the REM/Led Zepplin/Depeche Mode thing.

at least LZ can say the despite Stairway to Heaven not being a single, it is the most played song on the radio in music history

Chris
09-12-2012, 11:32 AM
at least LZ can say the despite Stairway to Heaven not being a single, it is the most played song on the radio in music history

Play that shit backwards and you'll know why

CubanSucks
09-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Shania Twain is one of the hottest women ever

Drachen
09-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Play that shit backwards and you'll know why

I did a long time ago. I used the CD, recorded it with Win 95 wave player and reversed it.

LOL. Something like "there's no mistakin' it, oh im there for you child, oh satan my sweet satan, im there for you satan"

Leetonidas
09-12-2012, 12:04 PM
What it supposedly says is something like

"oh here's to my sweet satan, the one whose path would make me sad whose power is satan. he will give those with him 666, there was a little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad satan"

Drachen
09-12-2012, 12:20 PM
LOL, well like I said, the only time I did it was on a win95 machine. My memory could be a little hazy.

J.T.
09-12-2012, 03:09 PM
8. Katy Perry holds the same record as Michael Jackson for most number one singles from an album

But she doesn't molest children and is one Playboy spread away from being the most powerful woman in the world. Plus she's not dead.

HI-FI
09-12-2012, 04:12 PM
that is a shock as well, i always figured a few of their biggest hits were no.1s, like Enjoy the Silence, Losing my Religion, Stairway etc...

What it supposedly says is something like

"oh here's to my sweet satan, the one whose path would make me sad whose power is satan. he will give those with him 666, there was a little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad satan"

i honestly never knew about this til now. i checked it out on youtube and i can't tell if it was intentional or not. I know Page had a hard on for Crowley, but is that same as satanism or was it merely a Stairway to Heaven/Stairway to Hell sort of thing. kind of eerie tbh, though maybe it was all just gibberish.

CubanSucks
09-12-2012, 06:03 PM
and is one Playboy spread away from being the most powerful woman in the world.

you're dreaming

I already preed myself thinking about it