PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody ever thought

cqsallie
06-25-2005, 04:52 PM
That we should include a certain ex-Spur who was traded to an Eastern Conference team, but who did his damndest as a Spur to bring us to wins that got us into the championship?
I say, Malik Rose should be recognized for his contributions to the team before the trade. Do I hear a Halleluah? :elephant

BronxCowboy
06-25-2005, 06:38 PM
Well, he is getting another ring. That's not too shabby a "thank-you."

SpursFanDan
06-25-2005, 06:42 PM
before the trade?.. he didnt do shit this season, and thats the reason he was traded. We got a much better player in Nazr.

ZStomp
06-25-2005, 06:43 PM
Why would he get a ring? I'm a Malik fan but why? He was traded for a reason because he wasn't cutting it....now he should get a ring???

rl64tx
06-25-2005, 06:46 PM
before the trade?.. he didnt do shit this season, and thats the reason he was traded. We got a much better player in Nazr.

You are exactly right Dan!! I wish this city would get over this waste of a player who got paid big jack and then decided he didn't have to hussle anymore!!! Screw Malik, he got what he deserved!!! :drunk

SpursFanDan
06-25-2005, 06:48 PM
I didnt know players still got a ring, even though they only played half the season.

ZStomp
06-25-2005, 06:49 PM
You are exactly right Dan!! I wish this city would get over this waste of a player who got paid big jack and then decided he didn't have to hussle anymore!!! Screw Malik, he got what he deserved!!! :drunk

I'm not going that far...I was a Malik fan but I don't think he should/would get a ring.

bigzak25
06-25-2005, 06:53 PM
malik was traded because rasho wasn't cutting it.

rose will get his ring and gets his props....those players are his brothers on those floats...

he's stayed away from the playoff games, and i'd expect him to stay away from the celebration...he doesn't want any of the spotlight, he just wants to cheer and congratulate the spurs like the rest of us....

and if he's coming off the bench instead of rasho? spurs still win the championship and probobaly do it in less games.

SpursFanDan
06-25-2005, 06:55 PM
Where do you get rasho from?.... if we have malik, we dont have nazr. And nazr was much more of an asset than malik ever could have been.

ZStomp
06-25-2005, 06:56 PM
I Say No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-25-2005, 06:57 PM
Rose will get a ring, and he's got 50 million coming to him. What else do you want to do? Have a carwash for him? Telethon?

Dude is set for life and will get a third ring, I'm not sure what else you feel he's owed.

T Park
06-25-2005, 07:01 PM
what did malik do other than pull his jersey over his head and pout?

Nazr > Malik

Hes gettin a ring, and its time NOW to move on.

rl64tx
06-25-2005, 07:02 PM
Rose will get a ring, and he's got 50 million coming to him. What else do you want to do? Have a carwash for him? Telethon?

Dude is set for life and will get a third ring, I'm not sure what else you feel he's owed.

Thanks Aggie!! Couldn't have said it better myself!!! I mean damn, it's not like he carries a Lone Star card when he goes grocery shopping :elephant

T Park
06-25-2005, 07:02 PM
malik was traded because rasho wasn't cutting it.

uhh no

malik was traded because his contract was too high, and they needed more height off the bench.

If Rasho doesnt get hurt VS the Clippers in April, Rasho is the starting center in the finals.

bigzak25
06-25-2005, 07:04 PM
oh malik isn't owed anything...maybe some appreciation or respect, but shit, i ain't holdin my breath on that....

as for the rasho comment dan? if rasho was any semblance of a bigman that could be counted on, then the trade doesn't happen imo...

but then again, maybe your right, maybe it still goes down, justified by the spurs mngment as a salary cap move with little to lose when scola is in the back pocket....

bigzak25
06-25-2005, 07:05 PM
uhh no

malik was traded because his contract was too high, and they needed more height off the bench.

If Rasho doesnt get hurt VS the Clippers in April, Rasho is the starting center in the finals.

uhhh shut the fuck up. don't you have a wallace jersey to return. :blah

duncan_21
06-25-2005, 07:52 PM
Malik doesnt' deserve shit other then his paycheck, a very nice one. I hope that if I work the rest of my life I can make half what he gets paid in a year.

I didn't care for malik after he got paid. The reason he was on the spurs was to rebound play a lil' d and hustle his ass off. He got the money and thought he was charles barkley.

03 malik = great hustler, rebounder worth 3-6 mil per year
03,04 malik = ball hog, to prone, 6-5 pf who shot in the low 40% worth 2 mil per year but makes 8 mil

I'm sorry a 6-5 pf who can't d up, shoot, pass, dribble, and doesn't hustle who was traded for a 6-10 f/c who can play d, rebound, block shots and not force a shot every time down the floor is priceless.

Horry For 3!
06-25-2005, 07:54 PM
Malik gets his 3rd ring. That should be good enough.

midgetonadonkey
06-25-2005, 08:42 PM
I'll go buy one of his expensive ass cheesesteak sandwiches as a token of my appreciation.

Marcus Bryant
06-25-2005, 10:16 PM
Malik Rose was traded first and foremost to reduce long term payroll expense. From a basketball perspective the trade did improve the starting center spot a little bit. But make no mistake, that deal was done for budgetary reasons and that's why I've hated it. The Spurs took away two first round picks over two seasons from the best front office in the NBA when it comes to evaluating talent.

Joaquin
06-25-2005, 10:16 PM
good ole butterfingers

rl64tx
06-25-2005, 10:18 PM
I'll go buy one of his expensive ass cheesesteak sandwiches as a token of my appreciation.

The only thing he does with that stupid fuckin restaurant is sap us good TEXANS of their money!!! I've eaten there and it ain't nothin' like the Cheese Steaks you get in Philly on a street corner.........So take your lame as business back home Malik!!!

Mr. Body
06-25-2005, 10:19 PM
Why the hell should he get a ring? If he does, then it's a concession to him being a good guy and still liked by his old teammates and coaches, not because he was a special player or did anything for the championship run.

I hope to God this is the last Malik Rose thread. He's history. Nazr's a Spur now and is at present a much better player for the team. I'll get to see Malik play living in New York, but as far as his Spurs days, let those be happy memories. That's all they are.

bigbendbruisebrother
06-25-2005, 10:21 PM
uhhh shut the fuck up. don't you have a wallace jersey to return. :blah

:lmao

Marcus Bryant
06-25-2005, 10:22 PM
Malik Rose is knocked by Spurs fans for turning over the rock and some pumpfakes. Well, what exactly did Nazr bring in the championship series? Spurs also gave up two 1st round picks and that's a rather steep price to pay. I'm glad a number of you are rejoicing at giving Holt Cat et al a little more money in their pockets. I'm not.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-25-2005, 10:25 PM
Boo hoo, we gave up two first rounders.

Because there's a lot of room in our two deep.....

Marcus Bryant
06-25-2005, 10:26 PM
Oh, of course. This team will always be on top no matter what. Oh wait, Gregg Popovich is coaching this team. What the Spurs need to do is hire AHF and let him run things. Yeah.

NCaliSpurs
06-25-2005, 10:27 PM
Nazr seemed like a great pickup...

Until he gave up in the finals, because Detroit was just a little too rough for him.

Malik would never have let them get away with being so physical. He would have had the nuts to smack Chauncy and Rip around, forcing the refs to call it tighter.

rl64tx
06-25-2005, 10:27 PM
Malik Rose is knocked by Spurs fans for turning over the rock and some pumpfakes. Well, what exactly did Nazr bring in the championship series? Spurs also gave up two 1st round picks and that's a rather steep price to pay. I'm glad a number of you are rejoicing at giving Holt Cat et al a little more money in their pockets. I'm not.

Speaking of Holt??? He appears to be "off the wagon" again!!! Anybody know?? I know when he's lit up his cheeks get really red and tonite they were glowing like hot coles on my bbq pit!!! :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-25-2005, 10:32 PM
I'm just trying to figure out what holes you see a bottom of first round, guaranteed contract rookie filling next year or the year after...

PG Parker, Udrih, Barry
SG Manu, Barry, Brown
SF Bowen, Brown
PF Duncan, Scola, Horry
C Nazr, Rasho

?????

Joaquin
06-25-2005, 10:32 PM
remember those braces? haha

midgetonadonkey
06-25-2005, 11:46 PM
I'm just trying to figure out what holes you see a bottom of first round, guaranteed contract rookie filling next year or the year after...

PG Parker, Udrih, Barry
SG Manu, Barry, Brown
SF Bowen, Brown
PF Duncan, Scola, Horry
C Nazr, Rasho

?????

I wouldn't say it's a hole but I think we need to be a little deeper at our SF position. Having a shut down SF is essential to the defensive philosophy the Spurs have. We need someone to shut down the best scorer on the floor. Everything else revolves around that.

GopherSA
06-26-2005, 12:16 AM
That we should include a certain ex-Spur who was traded to an Eastern Conference team, but who did his damndest as a Spur to bring us to wins that got us into the championship?
I say, Malik Rose should be recognized for his contributions to the team before the trade. Do I hear a Halleluah? :elephant

Preachin' to the choir, brother. I said the same to my wife during the Dome party.