PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping

AussieFanKurt
09-13-2012, 02:08 PM
Not usually a problem for me but here I sit at 5:07am not being able to get back asleep. Over the past couple of weeks I just have had trouble getting asleep somewhat and have woken up early like today and unable to go back to sleep.

Has anyone experienced any sleeping troubles at all and what's your advice?

TE
09-13-2012, 02:14 PM
I have that problem too. When I try to fall asleep, I got tons of things in my head disrupting the flow one goes through when starting to drift. I just block everything out, and eventually I sleep. Don't stress, or worry about shit. Don't even care about the time, that'll just keep you thinking IMO.

AussieFanKurt
09-13-2012, 02:20 PM
Yeah I think that does contribute somewhat to it all.

The Reckoning
09-13-2012, 02:24 PM
i chug three glasses of goon and put on

-Y1IF8A9XN4

cantthinkofanything
09-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Yeah I think that does contribute somewhat to it all.

I recently read that you need to avoid working on a computer, tablet, phone before going to bed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9533249/Using-iPads-before-bed-can-lead-to-a-poor-nights-sleep.html

TE
09-13-2012, 02:34 PM
I recently read that you need to avoid working on a computer, tablet, phone before going to bed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9533249/Using-iPads-before-bed-can-lead-to-a-poor-nights-sleep.html

You could also add listening to music. I can't for the life of me sleep after hearing music

AussieFanKurt
09-13-2012, 02:34 PM

Yeah I really need to stop doing that :lol

DeadlyDynasty
09-13-2012, 02:35 PM
I use Ambien and it works wonders. Most people here will tell you to go a natural route, so once you're done trying those see if Ambien works for you. If you start sleepwalking or sleep-eating then it's probably not for you.

Proxy
09-13-2012, 02:46 PM
I was on a similar sleeping schedule... pulled a few all nighters...

I started reading a book... or I'd listen to chill music that didn't have any lyrics and keep my mind on that instead of letting it wonder... definitely stay of the internet though

AussieFanKurt
09-13-2012, 02:51 PM
I use Ambien and it works wonders. Most people here will tell you to go a natural route, so once you're done trying those see if Ambien works for you. If you start sleepwalking or sleep-eating then it's probably not for you.

Yeah if it gets bad enough I might but I don't want to have to rely on a drug to get to sleep. That worries me a little

Venti Quattro
09-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Sometimes it's hard to sleep when a lot of things are running through my mind. How do I help that, aside from the obvious solution of not overthinking?

CuckingFunt
09-13-2012, 02:58 PM
Sometimes it's hard to sleep when a lot of things are running through my mind. How do I help that, aside from the obvious solution of not overthinking?

That's always been my problem. Since I was a kid. TV does wonders when insomnia bothers me.

AussieFanKurt
09-13-2012, 03:02 PM

Have a root?

Reck
09-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Happens all the time for me but I have a method that works for me.

I tired myself out by playing videos games and watching TV.

That's the easiest way to not think about what is keeping you from sleeping.

TheRealCB
09-13-2012, 03:32 PM
Inhaling-exhaling in a slow steady rhythm helps me a lot when I have trouble sleeping.

Wild Cobra
09-13-2012, 03:33 PM
Not usually a problem for me but here I sit at 5:07am not being able to get back asleep. Over the past couple of weeks I just have had trouble getting asleep somewhat and have woken up early like today and unable to go back to sleep.

Has anyone experienced any sleeping troubles at all and what's your advice?
Take two bong hits.

Slomo
09-13-2012, 03:39 PM
That's always been my problem. Since I was a kid. TV does wonders when insomnia bothers me.

or music. But not a playlist of mine, just a nice average music radio station (if the music is a little boring it works even better), but absolutely no talk.

Lincoln
09-13-2012, 03:46 PM
Start smoking weed

Reck
09-13-2012, 03:50 PM
or music. But not a playlist of mine, just a nice average music radio station (if the music is a little boring it works even better), but absolutely no talk.

Yeah right, the commercials alone will put you right to sleep. :lol

leemajors
09-13-2012, 03:50 PM
Laying in bed with your eyes closed in a dark room is still better than not sleeping at all. Stay away from screens if you have trouble getting to sleep. Or exercise more so you are tired when you go to bed. I always have music playing in my room when I am going to sleep.

AussieFanKurt
09-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Start smoking weed

Yes I've tried this but don't want to get to used to it

Lincoln
09-13-2012, 03:56 PM
To the guy who said working out, that's a terrible idea IMO. Working out wakes me up personally and makes its really hard to sleep

Wild Cobra
09-13-2012, 03:56 PM
Yes I've tried this but don't want to get to used to it
If the reason for insomnia is the mind not slowing down, then it is likely that a bong hit or two of weed will accomplish that. Nothing in excess, and the effects will be gone in the morning. It may or may not work. It has different effect on different people.

TE
09-13-2012, 03:59 PM
To the guy who said working out, that's a terrible idea IMO. Working out wakes me up personally and makes its really hard to sleep

i think working out, houuuuurs before you're crashing, is alright; working out right before = big mistake.

Lincoln
09-13-2012, 04:03 PM
Actually doing a shit load of cardio that your body isn't used to makes you pretty tired tbh

InRareForm
09-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Its a myth that waking up in the middle of the night is a bad thing. It's actually normal that we sometines can't fall back asleep. Media likes to hype it up presuming it as a problem and thus prescribe pills and remedies.

I have to.find the articke speaking about this.

DMC
09-13-2012, 04:15 PM
Try autofellating. I cannot do it, but just trying gets me tired enough to sleep.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autofellatio

Wild Cobra
09-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Must be one of your fantasies, to have looked that shit up.

InRareForm
09-13-2012, 06:52 PM
http://www.lifeslittlemysteries.com/1109-bustin-the-8-hour-sleep-myth.html

mingus
09-13-2012, 09:57 PM
Masturbation. If that does not help, you need to do it faster and harder.

HI-FI
09-13-2012, 10:24 PM
Try autofellating. I cannot do it, but just trying gets me tired enough to sleep.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autofellatio
:lol
good stuff. if you can't suck your cock, least you should have a 6 pack by now.

as for sleep, it's always been a bitch to me. i've always stayed up late, even when I shouldn't. i know when i tired myself the fuck out, either from lots of had work or serious banging (or mainly jerking) i do knock out. This is probably a result of us losers growing up with easy jobs or sitting on computers all day.

plus docs tell me i have sleep apnea, so i got that going for me.

weirdest shit is sometimes i wake up confused, start swinging, run out into the hallway thinking i'm still in a dream, then i realize i'm still in my place and awake. i've ripped door handles off doing this. i thought it was all a dream until i noticed the door handle was broke the next day. it's like some Nightmare on Elm Street shit.

Latarian Milton
09-13-2012, 10:34 PM

depends on what kind of working out you try imho. masturbation often made some excellent effects in killing insomnia for me when i felt stressed in my hs time tbh, just don't stop masturbating until you fall asleep and your gonna sleep good like a hibernating bear

IronMexican
09-13-2012, 10:35 PM
I jack off and smoke weed.

Reck
09-13-2012, 10:41 PM
Jacking off really works for some of you? Only thing I've gotten out of that was solid biceps workout.

DMC
09-13-2012, 11:22 PM
Jacking off really works for some of you? Only thing I've gotten out of that was solid biceps workout.
You're supposed to jack yourself off, not someone else.

DMC
09-13-2012, 11:24 PM
Must be one of your fantasies, to have looked that shit up.
If I could do that I wouldn't have time to post here.

SA210
09-14-2012, 12:39 AM
dl8bYoUAbws

Wild Cobra
09-14-2012, 02:16 AM
If I could do that I wouldn't have time to post here.
Like I said, it must be one of your fantasies.