PDA

View Full Version : Who gets more love from the Zebras - Steelers or Packers?

DeadlyDynasty
09-13-2012, 08:21 PM
Discuss.

symple19
09-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Niners definitely got the advantage last week... Rodgers gets protected as much as any other QB in the league, though

monosylab1k
09-13-2012, 11:48 PM
Steelers and it's not even close. With the way the league is governed in this day, it's amazing they play their style on defense and don't have double-digit personal foul calls & an ejection or two every single game. 30 years ago they would just be considered another tough defense, but in today's NFL they're the dirtiest team in the league without question. Not saying it's the way it should be, we've argued enough about that, but just saying if the league is going to claim it's tougher on protecting players, then enforce those rules on all 32 teams, not just 31.

monosylab1k
09-13-2012, 11:49 PM
Niners definitely got the advantage last week... Rodgers gets protected as much as any other QB in the league, though

Even as a Patriots homer I know full well Brady gets far more protection from the refs than any other QB. Peyton and Rodgers are the next two, but Brady gets calls even those two wouldn't get.

Findog's Ex Fiancee
09-14-2012, 01:35 AM
Green Bay doesn't get away with all that much IMO..they had a favorable advantage vs. the Giants in the playoff game, but that isn't the norm..

San Fran had a slight advantage over them in calls last week, and there weren't any egregious calls in tonight's game..the only questionable call was the too many men penalty, but Mike Perrerra claims it was the correct decision..

Pittsburgh is easily #1, tbh..

mojorizen7
09-14-2012, 05:11 AM
Steelers and it's not even close.
This.

Clipper Nation
09-14-2012, 07:19 AM
Steelers and Pats (due to Brady), tbh...

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2012, 08:40 AM
Steelers and Packers are definitely top 2 w/ Steelers #1. The 2010 superbowl is proof of this given the way the other 2 superbowls w/ the Steelers this decade went.

Brady is the most protected player in the NFL which is ironic given that Brady's team is what motivated Bill Polian to incessantly bitch and moan about how the NFL needs to change the rules to protect receivers and QBs more.

Rodgers is the most fellated QB by announcers tho. In last nights game when Rodgers threw that pick the announcers couldn't shut up about how it was James Jones' fault even tho the player who picked Rodgers off was looking at Rodgers the whole time while Rodgers stared down one receiver enabling the Chicago player to jump the route.

DeadlyDynasty
09-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Packers have come on strong since the Rodgers era began, imo. The Giants game last year was unbelievable. The Steelers-Cards SB was pretty bad too, but I can't remember a game as fixed (from a refs standpoint) as the Steelers-Seahawks SB. Player-fix wise, Neil O'Donnell immediately comes to mind

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2012, 09:13 AM
Steelers-Seahawks was by far the worst refed football game I've ever seen. Even most of the controversial NBA playoff games where the refs completely takeover I've seen weren't as bad as that. What makes it worse is the Steelers needing the calls to win the game. W/ the Cardinals-Steelers game the Cardinals still had plenty of self-inflicted wounds like the James Harrison pick 6 or completely blown coverage at the end of the game. The thing that still pisses me off about that game was James Harrison not getting thrown out (or even penalized iirc) for this:

T9aIuGjAVF4

DeadlyDynasty
09-14-2012, 09:18 AM
I'm trying to remember some of the calls from the Seahawks game, but the one I can't forget was that HORRIBLE holding call on Seattle that negated them being 1st and Goal at the 1 when they were down 14-10 (i think). Next play Hasselbeck throws a pick. There were so many more, but that one in particular stands out. Just HORRIBLE

DeadlyDynasty
09-14-2012, 09:42 AM
Damn, I had forgotten about the 2 other terrible calls in this vid...sad part is there's even more that aren't in it:

SyxXqhzCTu8

So basically, let's recap: Final score was 21-10 Steelers

-Seahawks should've had 7 instead of 3 points on opening drive, thanks to Zeebs
-Pittsburgh should've had 3 instead of 7 on Ben's failed sneak.
-Seahawks get another td if not for an egregiously bad holding call...7 more points.

Correct final: Seahawks 21, Steelers 17

Bill_Brasky
09-14-2012, 12:16 PM
Steelers. Fuckin faggots.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-14-2012, 01:56 PM
I'm trying to remember some of the calls from the Seahawks game, but the one I can't forget was that HORRIBLE holding call on Seattle that negated them being 1st and Goal at the 1 when they were down 14-10 (i think). Next play Hasselbeck throws a pick. There were so many more, but that one in particular stands out. Just HORRIBLE
The offensive PI on Darrell Jackson was just as bad which forced Seattle to settle for a field goal. Those two calls alone were an 11 point swing.

benefactor
09-16-2012, 07:00 AM
Steelers. Been that way since the '79 AFC Championship game.