PDA

View Full Version : Garnett to Detroit

theMUHMEshow
06-25-2005, 05:36 PM
Rumors are swirling around here in Detroit that a draft day move involving Darko, Rasheed with some picks to Minnesota for Garnett and future picks.

It makes sense, that these are going around, Billups is all over Flip, he is the #1 man for the opening here in Detroit (Everyone here knows that Larry is gone, 3 Piston insiders have confirmed that Larry has already accepted the job in Cleveland) and KG loves FLIP andwants to get out of minnesota and really wants to win a ring. Along with that Chauncey and KG are very close friends.

I dont know, if that happens it will be a HUGE BLOCKBUSTER for the league. Joe Dumars has pulled off some crazy stuff in the past, this would be amazing.

mavsfan1000
06-25-2005, 05:39 PM
I think these are just rumors and Minnesota wouldn't be dumb enough to actually do this deal. Too bad Isiah isn't in Minnesota.

theMUHMEshow
06-25-2005, 05:45 PM
:lmao God Isiah is an IDIOT! :drunk

This is the second or third time this rumor has came up around here. I mean, I think Minnesota would be dumb for doing it from this point...They make Detroit VERY VERY VERY hard to beat for the next 3 years at least.

However,

I dont think the sell out their arena, there team was crap this year, they are looking for a new coach, they are stuck with Sprewell and Cassell and no one wants to take them. Getting rid of KG would be a salary dump, especially getting Darko (I dont know why, but some GM's still say he has talent. And I have been told by people at my station 'am1270' that people still call Dumars all the time for Darko deals, he is still a hot name around NBA GM's offices') who is a young talent, and has a lot of upside. I mean the kid just turned 20 this week! Plus they get a savy vet that still has 2-3 good years left in him.
I mean I dont know? How much worse could it get in Minnesota? really?

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-25-2005, 06:12 PM
You guys in Detroit really think that the Twolves would do something like that? :lol

They'd be asking for a lot more than that! Rip, Sheed, Darko, and a pick, maybe.

midgetonadonkey
06-25-2005, 06:59 PM
Sounds like wishful thinking to me. I doubt they will let their franchise go for so little. They are bad, but they are also a few moves away from being a contender again.

yavozerb
06-25-2005, 10:18 PM
Its probably some rumor started from a down piston's fan after game 7!!!!!!I know its fake when Darko is included, worst pick ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

sickdsm
06-25-2005, 10:20 PM
Did you even think about that one? The only way your getting rid of darko in a trade is a Diop or an Ebi.

Plus why the hell would McHale want picks? He doesn't know what to do with them when he has them.

Manu20
06-25-2005, 10:41 PM
I don't think Minnesota is stupid enough to trade Garnett.

SequSpur
06-25-2005, 11:33 PM
Bullshit Forum

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-25-2005, 11:36 PM
Just to put this to bed before I go out and get drunk tonight...

Garnett makes 18 million next year.

'Sheed + Darko = 14 million.

Both teams are over the cap. The salaries don't come close to matching the 10% + 100K stipulation for trades.

SpursFanDan
06-26-2005, 05:15 PM
I think it would happen... KG hasnt done shit for minnesota, oh wait... he got to the second round, and lost their asses off. Maybe the wolves want a fresh start.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-26-2005, 06:39 PM
It doesn't matter what the Wolves potentially could think about doing, they've got to do it within the confines of the salary cap and collective bargaining agreement.

MissAllThat
06-27-2005, 12:38 AM
I just don't see this happening. Teams don't normally trade their star players, especially not to title contenders. Plus, that trade doesn't make them better.

Spursdaone
06-27-2005, 12:44 AM
If you put in Ben instead of Darko it is possible.

ChumpDumper
06-27-2005, 01:08 AM
Why exactly does Minnesota do this?

Wallace ²
06-27-2005, 07:31 AM
I would love to see this but I doubt it will happen.

mookie2001
06-27-2005, 08:23 AM
if det got kobe for rip
tmac for prince
garnett for sheed darko, pick
they could have a chance

TMSKILZ
06-27-2005, 09:31 AM
this rumor is faulty, just made up.

As we know, D.Ferry just accepted & became the Cavs GM, L.Brown isn't coming to the Cavs & G.Taylor (T'Puppies Owner) has gone on record saying KG is not going to be traded anytime as long as he's the owner of the team.

combs84
06-27-2005, 09:34 AM

Both teams are over the cap. The salaries don't come close to matching the 10% + 100K stipulation for trades.

Actually it has to be 15%..and as it is the offseason teams have Roster Space to add FA's, which is 1 Mill. That means for every Roster Space you have..you can send 1 Million Bucks. 2 Roster Spaces and it works.

The new CBA though it only has to be within 25%....

Vashner
06-27-2005, 12:53 PM
Garnett good player but without a supporting staff forget it... he's no Jordan.

baseline bum
06-28-2005, 03:43 PM

I thought the new CBA allowed trades within 25% of matching salaries.

PM5K
06-28-2005, 07:23 PM

Mike couldn't have won a ring with a broken down Spree and Gollum either...

SpursWoman
06-28-2005, 07:32 PM
That'd be nuts. :fro

Spursdaone
06-28-2005, 07:37 PM
Kevin Garnett I think is the closest thing to Jordan when it comes to talent wise. I would take him over Olajuwon or Shaq.

Sense
06-28-2005, 08:16 PM
Rumors are swirling around here in Detroit that a draft day move involving Darko, Rasheed with some picks to Minnesota for Garnett and future picks.

It makes sense, that these are going around, Billups is all over Flip, he is the #1 man for the opening here in Detroit (Everyone here knows that Larry is gone, 3 Piston insiders have confirmed that Larry has already accepted the job in Cleveland) and KG loves FLIP andwants to get out of minnesota and really wants to win a ring. Along with that Chauncey and KG are very close friends.

I dont know, if that happens it will be a HUGE BLOCKBUSTER for the league. Joe Dumars has pulled off some crazy stuff in the past, this would be amazing.

Stupidest rumor I've ever heard..

Shock me.

1Parker1
06-29-2005, 10:08 AM

Actually I was thinking about that earlier in the season. I know it won't happen most likely, but if by some blockbuster trade, KG ended up in LA for Grant, Cook, and Odom or something, LA could be scary---especially with PJ as coach.

Again, I know it won't happen....but I thought that would have made things very interesting next season.