PDA

View Full Version : Did OKC peak or do they go the next level going forward?

TE
09-14-2012, 10:38 AM
Playoffs, 1st round elimination-2010
Playoffs, WCF elimination-2011
Playoffs, NBA finals loser-2012
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-2013

Discuss.

Lincoln
09-14-2012, 10:41 AM
IMO they're all still VERY young and haven't even hit their athletic primes yet so they'll only get better. Im expecting them to get back to the finals next year even with LA coming back up. Chemistry takes time and I don't think LA can make it back that fast

ginobilized
09-14-2012, 12:05 PM
OKC is still the favorite out West, but, it will be interesting to see how they respond to losing in the finals. I'm not sure Nash really makes the Lakers any better overall given that he plays no defense, is very limited in his minutes and almost 40.
Can't wait for the season to start.

jeebus
09-14-2012, 12:09 PM
They gotta dump Westbrick.

lefty
09-14-2012, 12:34 PM
Dump Westbrick and re-sign Harden

DeadlyDynasty
09-14-2012, 12:40 PM
IMO they're all still VERY young and haven't even hit their athletic primes yet so they'll only get better. Im expecting them to get back to the finals next year even with LA coming back up. Chemistry takes time and I don't think LA can make it back that fast
Agree with this. You don't really see the evolution of teams anymore since the advent of FA (or serious FA movement). Back in the day the Celtics had to beat the Sixers, the Pistons had to struggle through the C's, and the Bulls had to pay their dues vs the Pistons.

In each of those instances the cores of those teams matured/evolved together and became winners--they all also had the talent to do it as well--something OKC has too. They'll win a couple if they keep it together, imo.

TE
09-14-2012, 02:42 PM
OKC will ring sometime. I'd say as soon as Bron begins to decline. One thing to look at it also is OKC's ladyluck in terms of injuries to core players...even at a young age, playing basketball year round for consecutive years has to have some sort of physical toll...especially for a pseudo-physically weak player like KD. Same thing could be said for Westbrook who plays really hard. and it doesn't have to take a catastrophic injury like a torn acl to fuck a player up...a player could begin to slow down with something like plantar fasciiitis...again, this is just something to look out for. I wouldn't be surprised if RW suffers some sort of injury this upcoming season.

JoeTait75
09-14-2012, 02:45 PM
You never know. Everyone thought the Magic would be back in the Finals a bunch of times after 1995 and they never were.

To me the biggest question is chemistry between Durant and Westbrook. Can two guys who love shooting and having the ball in their hands as much as they do co-exist long-term?

TE
09-14-2012, 02:52 PM
You never know. Everyone thought the Magic would be back in the Finals a bunch of times after 1995 and they never were.

To me the biggest question is chemistry between Durant and Westbrook. Can two guys who love shooting and having the ball in their hands as much as they do co-exist long-term?

Good q.

The RW in games 3, 4, 5 and 6 of the WCF deferred to KD and played within the team. So he has shown to be that type of player...

I think that's his next step as a player...until he learns to defer to KD on a more consistent basis, he'll continue to ruin his team's chances with a hybrid of hero/monkey ball antics.

Clipper Nation
09-14-2012, 03:10 PM
They peaked tbh.... either they're stuck overpaying Flop So Harden, or they're stuck overpaying DeAndre Ibaka, tbh....

TIMMYtoZO
09-14-2012, 04:44 PM
They peaked with this current team. They still need a scoring bigman (:lol@ anyone who thinks Ibaka is the answer) and James Harden is an nonathletic guard who is useless when he isn't bulldozing his way to the line. Durant will get better, but Chimpbrook is the still short tempered alpha dog for the team. IF OKC wants to ring, they will have to trade one of these guys. This current team just isn't good enough as is, and it clearly showed in the finals.

Koolaid_Man
09-14-2012, 05:03 PM
They peaked tbh.... either they're stuck overpaying Flop So Harden, or they're stuck overpaying DeAndre Ibaka, tbh....

Do you think the Clipples will make it back to the finals before the Thnder

Clipper Nation
09-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Do you think the Clipples will make it back to the finals before the Thnder
This troll has run its course, Spurfan... your "Homeland Security" troll is more interesting at this point, B....

AussieFanKurt
09-14-2012, 05:11 PM
I agree with the people who say drop Westbrick. He is holding the team back. If they had a pass first guard they would be unstoppable but instead they have some chump taking more shots than the scoring champ, seems odd to me. Westbricks shots are mostly out of control drives at the basket or stupid pull ups, wouldn't it be better for Durant to be taking the shots

Koolaid_Man
09-14-2012, 05:19 PM
I agree with the people who say drop Westbrick. He is holding the team back. If they had a pass first guard they would be unstoppable but instead they have some chump taking more shots than the scoring champ, seems odd to me. Westbricks shots are mostly out of control drives at the basket or stupid pull ups, wouldn't it be better for Durant to be taking the shots

All who say this is nothing more than foolish little school girls who let me as a 5 yr old play with their white little flowers....:lol

Russell is the real heart and soul of that team. Personally I would love if they got Westbrook out of the West unless of course they want to package him for Nash and Jamison and a couple if expirings....

AussieFanKurt
09-14-2012, 05:38 PM
All who say this is nothing more than foolish little school girls who let me as a 5 yr old play with their white little flowers....:lol

Okay so explain why they are better with him there

Koolaid_Man
09-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Okay so explain why they are better with him there

Son you don't even want me to do that...because if I do I'm gonna relate it to sex....

Penetrate penetrate fucking penetration. When he's does this it opens the pussy up for Durant to stroke it the way he does. Westbrook is responsible for getting that pussy wet. Once does then everyone else on the team can take turns busting nuts on the gang bang...

He also plays better man to man than Durant. That nikka Durant won't play no D to save his life at least WB tries and is decent. Harding is nothing but fools gold...watch him drop off after he gets paid. :lol

Kidd K
09-14-2012, 08:23 PM
Playoffs, 1st round elimination-2010
Playoffs, WCF elimination-2011
Playoffs, NBA finals loser-2012
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-2013

Discuss.

They definitely peaked. 2011: Only made WCF because Ginobili broke his elbow and Spurs got knocked out. Only made Finals last year due to the "Angel of Stern" clearly intervening in game 6.

OKC will lose in the 2nd round or WCF, depending on how they seed and if they can manage to avoid both the Spurs and Lakers in round 2. I don't see OKC beating both teams unless they're playing hurt.

Also, Harden's gone unless he takes a lot less than he can get elsewhere. OKC will drop off next year when he's gone. Not replacable with a mere MLE player. There's also a chance OKC will trade Harden mid-season for draft picks. Their owner is a cheap piece of crap, so don't be surprised if it happens Thunder fans.

Latarian Milton
09-14-2012, 10:30 PM
time to revoke the old rule "you don't win rings w/o quality bigs", monkey ball worked for us last season and it'll work for OKC too. i have no doubt the OKC will win a couple rings with their quad core playing together but it's not yet time for it to happen as long as bron/wade still play in their primes tbh

InRareForm
09-14-2012, 11:32 PM
How can they have peaked if durant and westbrook are going to be better? The question should be will they improve enough to beat the other teams that are in their way.

racm
09-15-2012, 08:17 AM

Nash would be perfect on that team. Pass to KD in his favored spots and be a good shooter to keep defenses honest. Some would say Rondo because he's also pass-first but the thing is he hasn't helped the Celtics achieve a top offense.

They definitely peaked. 2011: Only made WCF because Ginobili broke his elbow and Spurs got knocked out. Only made Finals last year due to the "Angel of Stern" clearly intervening in game 6.

OKC will lose in the 2nd round or WCF, depending on how they seed and if they can manage to avoid both the Spurs and Lakers in round 2. I don't see OKC beating both teams unless they're playing hurt.

Also, Harden's gone unless he takes a lot less than he can get elsewhere. OKC will drop off next year when he's gone. Not replacable with a mere MLE player. There's also a chance OKC will trade Harden mid-season for draft picks. Their owner is a cheap piece of crap, so don't be surprised if it happens Thunder fans.

They brought it on themselves by building a core around successive top 4 picks.

Only draft steal they've gotten so far is Ibaka, and the 2008 Draft was stacked.

racm
09-15-2012, 08:19 AM
How can they have peaked if durant and westbrook are going to be better? The question should be will they improve enough to beat the other teams that are in their way.

In a way they remind me of the early 2000s Mavs.

Imagine if they traded Perkins for an offensive big. :hat

Latarian Milton
09-15-2012, 07:36 PM
Nash would be perfect on that team. Pass to KD in his favored spots and be a good shooter to keep defenses honest. Some would say Rondo because he's also pass-first but the thing is he hasn't helped the Celtics achieve a top offense.

they need some 3pt fire from their PG which little fag rondo would provide none of. nash fits perfectly into the description of a pass-first guard and he also shoots 3's on a consistent basis, but the vacuum he leaves at the defensive end would be something to worry about imho.

Kidd K
09-16-2012, 09:33 PM
time to revoke the old rule "you don't win rings w/o quality bigs", monkey ball worked for us last season and it'll work for OKC too. i have no doubt the OKC will win a couple rings with their quad core playing together but it's not yet time for it to happen as long as bron/wade still play in their primes tbh

You two are being overly presumptuous that they're keeping their entire core. Harden is on his last year and is deserving of a huge deal. I seriously doubt Harden will waste his time and talents at a severely reduced pay in OKC when he can go to any number of teams and get an extra 5-8 shots a game and put up over 20 a night on some eastern conference team and get some possible all star appearances and shoe deals and shit.

Dude's too good to be playing on the same team with Durant and Westbrook. The guy's walking at the end of the season or getting traded. Reality check time.

I also don't think Durant's getting any better. I think what we're seeing is what he will be. You can't look at age and say hey, guys that come in at 21-22 usually start their prime years at 26, so Durant will improve until he's 26! No. . .guys that start at 18-19 usually start their primes at 22-23. It's years in the NBA that does it, not age. And Durant turns 24 in a week. Dude has already peaked after FIVE years in the NBA.

You'd be crazy to think he's going to significantly improve anymore now. Not gonna happen after 5 years.

Latarian Milton
09-16-2012, 10:26 PM
You two are being overly presumptuous that they're keeping their entire core. Harden is on his last year and is deserving of a huge deal. I seriously doubt Harden will waste his time and talents at a severely reduced pay in OKC when he can go to any number of teams and get an extra 5-8 shots a game and put up over 20 a night on some eastern conference team and get some possible all star appearances and shoe deals and shit.

Dude's too good to be playing on the same team with Durant and Westbrook. The guy's walking at the end of the season or getting traded. Reality check time.

I also don't think Durant's getting any better. I think what we're seeing is what he will be. You can't look at age and say hey, guys that come in at 21-22 usually start their prime years at 26, so Durant will improve until he's 26! No. . .guys that start at 18-19 usually start their primes at 22-23. It's years in the NBA that does it, not age. And Durant turns 24 in a week. Dude has already peaked after FIVE years in the NBA.

You'd be crazy to think he's going to significantly improve anymore now. Not gonna happen after 5 years.
beard nigga's value has been halved after his shitty performances both in the NBA finals and the olympics, and maybe coach brooks will purposefully reduce his role the coming season in order to sign him for a reasonable price come the end of season, and it may be beneficial to beard himself too as he really needs a kick up his ass. they got good depth on the bench with maynor, fisher etc who're all deserving of more time on the court so there's no major concern of the team being weakened playing less beard imho

durant has yet to reach the best he can be imho, he has little room to improve in his skills as he's probably already the best of the world in this assort, but i believe he can still improve in his Defense and if he puts up a bit more weight while keeping his agility he'd be a defenders' nightmare, instead of one that could easily be locked down by certain defenders like marion, battier etc...

Kidd K
09-17-2012, 08:17 PM
beard nigga's value has been halved after his shitty performances both in the NBA finals and the olympics, and maybe coach brooks will purposefully reduce his role the coming season in order to sign him for a reasonable price come the end of season, and it may be beneficial to beard himself too as he really needs a kick up his ass. they got good depth on the bench with maynor, fisher etc who're all deserving of more time on the court so there's no major concern of the team being weakened playing less beard imho

durant has yet to reach the best he can be imho, he has little room to improve in his skills as he's probably already the best of the world in this assort, but i believe he can still improve in his Defense and if he puts up a bit more weight while keeping his agility he'd be a defenders' nightmare, instead of one that could easily be locked down by certain defenders like marion, battier etc...

No it didn't one series doesn't change what someone did the entire rest of the playoffs.

Harden also isn't stupid enough to re-sign at a shit price just because the coach/ownership was dumb enough to reduce his role in some gay attempt to make him think he's not as good and deserves less money. That's a sure fire way to gaurantee he leaves and won't re-sign at all.

And no, Fisher and Maynor are not more deserving of time on the court. Dumbest Thunder comment I've heard yet. Harden averaged 17 PPG last year, 49% FG%, 39% 3pt%, 85% FT%. On a winning team. . .with two ball hogs on the team sucking up possesions. Btw, .660 TS% which is ridiculously high. Durant's TS%: .610. Harden was the most efficient scorer on the team by far. He was also 2nd in the NBA in that category behind only Tyson Chandler who got practically all his baskets on alley oops.

Durant has reached his best. He peaked last season. You're not going to see him put up many more points than he has, or at a better efficiency. He will probably not ever rebound much more than he did, and he hasn't become a much better passer because he's too busy shooting. He's been in the NBA for 5 full seasons. Harden: 3 seasons. If anyone's improving, it's Harden. He's a full year younger than Durant and has 2 less NBA seasons under his belt. And Harden will rightfully leave after the season and go somewhere to get paid and get a lot more shots. Durant's defense might get a little better, but mainly due to the fact that it's not stellar now.

Durant ain't the best in the world, either. . .LeBron is clearly better.

mavs>spurs
09-17-2012, 10:36 PM
Durant was good enough to give lebron a run for his money and look like his equal in the finals and this summer..not sure where you're getting your opinions from. It took guys like battier and miller really stepping up in a big way in order for them to win. Let's not act like durant didn't put up over 30ppg off 55% shooting and 39% from 3 that series.

That said, Lebron is #1 right now but they're pretty damn close.

DPG21920
09-17-2012, 10:39 PM
Not really - Lebron is so far ahead defensively, in addition to what he does all around offensively, it's not that close. If KD (who is great) had to do what Lebron does on defense, not only would he fail at it (Lebron is a top 5 DPOY candidate IMO), but his offense would suffer.

LkrFan
09-17-2012, 11:04 PM
As a team, in a way, yes. Why? Because of their best individual players. Let's see:

KD - no. I stand by my thoughts that if he gets his scrawny ass in the weight room, the NBA is his. He still has a high ceiling - which is scary in itself. But will he do it? We'll see. It was obvious in the Finals that if he had something in his back pocket, LeBron wouldn't have abused him.

Ibaka - pretty much. He has a good, still developing jumper. He is an athletic player with a ceiling of prime Kemp - but I don't see him reaching it playing with Chuckbrook on a team where KD needs his touches (& deservedly so).

Chuckbrook - what you see is what you get. I don't see him improving one bit over where he isasaplayer. He's a shoot 1st PG that would rather score then set up his teammates. If he had half a brain KD would average 35+ with him averaging 17/11+. Won't happen though and he'll be the reason why they won't go back to the Finals for at least the next 3 years.

Bin Harden - he'll look good during the RS, draw some BS free throws to boost his scoring average, and proceed to shit the bed when he matches up with an elite SG. Just like in the Finals. He's peaked. If they pay him max I'll laugh my ass off because he ain't worth it IMO.

Porkins - peaked. Can't score anything other than put backs. Great illegal screener.

As a group they are as good as they can be at this time. I believe my boys, if healthy, will take them out in no more than 6. People forget we were a few plays from being up 3-1 and in control of our playoff series with them. Now we've bolstered our bench (Jamison, Meeks, and possibly Barbosa). Upgraded the center position. Then let's not forget we filled our biggest hole at PG.

I'm looking forward to meeting up with them again. :toast

TIMMYtoZO
09-17-2012, 11:42 PM
Harden is not a max player. He isn't athletic, can't really create his own shot unless he throws himself to the floor and gets to the line, and his d is shit. Miami exposed him for what he is. It was funny as fuck watching that average role player fail to "draw fouls" in the finals.

mavs>spurs
09-18-2012, 01:49 AM
Not really - Lebron is so far ahead defensively, in addition to what he does all around offensively, it's not that close. If KD (who is great) had to do what Lebron does on defense, not only would he fail at it (Lebron is a top 5 DPOY candidate IMO), but his offense would suffer.

We will just disagree about that because to me Durant is the more dangerous offensive weapon and lebron has the edge defensively, even though Durant put up 30 off blazing 55% shooting against his "great d."

Latarian Milton
09-18-2012, 04:57 AM
As a team, in a way, yes. Why? Because of their best individual players. Let's see:

KD - no. I stand by my thoughts that if he gets his scrawny ass in the weight room, the NBA is his. He still has a high ceiling - which is scary in itself. But will he do it? We'll see. It was obvious in the Finals that if he had something in his back pocket, LeBron wouldn't have abused him.

not at all his fault his team lost to us imho, we were just the better side to begin with and bron the better player than him, and the beard nigga played like shit against us. dude got god's shooting hand and he's taller than anyone playing the position he plays, i'd say he's already a matchup nightmare being what he is.

dude's ceiling is in the sky imho. although his basketball skills are at a very high level where its very hard to make any further improvements, he can still grow maturer mentally which would significantly increase his overall rating. saying dude can still improve by establishing himself as a real leader that won't scruple to lambaste his teammates when they play bad, and have the ball in his own hands instead of chimpbrook's when shit really matters.

Ibaka - pretty much. He has a good, still developing jumper. He is an athletic player with a ceiling of prime Kemp - but I don't see him reaching it playing with Chuckbrook on a team where KD needs his touches (& deservedly so).

Chuckbrook - what you see is what you get. I don't see him improving one bit over where he isasaplayer. He's a shoot 1st PG that would rather score then set up his teammates. If he had half a brain KD would average 35+ with him averaging 17/11+. Won't happen though and he'll be the reason why they won't go back to the Finals for at least the next 3 years.

if chucbrook grows some more brain cells under his skull he's gonna be a deadly weapon tbh, and tony parker was just something similar when he first joined them spurs IIRC. pop forged him into a leader on the backcourt, brooks needs to do the same thing on chimpbrook

dude's reaching a road crossing of his career and also the team's future imho, if he learns to adjust his play to a more team-friendly style he's gonna make a vital piece on a champion team, and if not, he's gonna turn a team cancer like marbury and end up retiring in a shitty league.

Bin Harden - he'll look good during the RS, draw some BS free throws to boost his scoring average, and proceed to shit the bed when he matches up with an elite SG. Just like in the Finals. He's peaked. If they pay him max I'll laugh my ass off because he ain't worth it IMO.

his real value has shrunk nearly by half after NBA finals and olympics but some stupid owners will still offer him max i think, and the thunder who're based in a small market will then have a hard choice to make

Porkins - peaked. Can't score anything other than put backs. Great illegal screener.

dude still a nightmare to gasol though, and such a defensive presence is very valuable for such a team that doesn't pose too much threat in the paint at the offensive end imho

As a group they are as good as they can be at this time. I believe my boys, if healthy, will take them out in no more than 6. People forget we were a few plays from being up 3-1 and in control of our playoff series with them. Now we've bolstered our bench (Jamison, Meeks, and possibly Barbosa). Upgraded the center position. Then let's not forget we filled our biggest hole at PG.

I'm looking forward to meeting up with them again. :toast

they're still a VERY young team and for most their nigs it's only their 3rd or 4th year playing together, don't forget even jordan had waited some 7yrs before winning his first NBA championship. not everyone got the dumb luck to play with a future HOFer from his rookie year imho

FkLA
09-18-2012, 05:30 AM
We will just disagree about that because to me Durant is the more dangerous offensive weapon and lebron has the edge defensively, even though Durant put up 30 off blazing 55% shooting against his "great d."

Durant is the better scorer. LeBron is a better playmaker and not too bad of a scorer himself though, its close but I honestly wouldnt even give the offensive edge to Durant...defensively its a no contest.

SenorSpur
09-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Last time I looked, the Thunder ran the Fakers off the court in epic fashion. With the addition of Dwight Howard, suddenly everyone seems to think the Fakers have somehow "leapfrogged" the Thunder. Meanwhile, the Thunder are still younger, quicker and more versatile than the Fakers and Spurs. They have gained far more experience from each playoff failure they have encountered. All this means to me is that they CAN and WILL continue to keep improving. As young as they are, I certainly don't believe they've reached their ceiling yet. And they keep adding talent via the draft.

All that said, and as far as I'm concerned, the Thunder are still the team to beat in the West, until some other team can prove otherwise.

Kidd K
09-18-2012, 06:26 PM
Durant was good enough to give lebron a run for his money and look like his equal in the finals and this summer..not sure where you're getting your opinions from. It took guys like battier and miller really stepping up in a big way in order for them to win. Let's not act like durant didn't put up over 30ppg off 55% shooting and 39% from 3 that series.

That said, Lebron is #1 right now but they're pretty damn close.

What run for his money? LeBron won 4-1. He backdoor swept Durant and co.

How can you not know where someone gets their opinions from? They come from within themselves based on what they've seen. Do you think some magical invisible person whispers opinions into people's ears to say or something? I hope that isn't how you get your opinions.

He didn't look like LeBron's equal either in ANY facet of the game besides putting the ball in the basket.

LeBron's defense: destroys Durant's defense. OKC got shat on the whole series. Durant nearly fouled out 3 times because he doesn't know how to play real defense without resorting to hacking people on the wrists and elbows.

Passing and playmaking: LeBron destroys Durant. Durant's assists per game in Finals: 2.1. LeBron's: 6.1 (including 25 assists in the last 2 games). LeBron literally had more assists in EACH of the last two games of the Finals than Durant did in all 5 games combined. You could also break out assist to turnover ratio to make Durant look even more like shit compared to LeBron. LeBron's Ast/TO ratio: 1.95/1. Durant's: 0.58/1. :rollin

Rebounding: kicked Durant's ass in the Finals. Out rebounded him every game but the last one where Durant barely managed to tie him. Durant: 6 boards a game in finals. LeBron: 10.2 boards a game

The only category he kept up in, as I said, was scoring. That's what Durant's good at. He is not a complete package like LeBron. Which is why LeBron is the better player. PPG isn't everything. Wise up.

Durant shrunk more and more as the series went on. Good first game. Average second game (shit at everything but scoring). Poor third game. Shit 4th game, was practically a ghost if he wasn't shooting. Got blown out in game 5. While LeBron was shitting on him the whole time and getting better as the series went along.

So I ask you, "where do you get your opinions from"? LeBron beat the brakes off Durant both statistically and with the "eye test". Matched up with him well? lmao. No he didn't. He pulled a Kobe and did practically nothing but score. LeBron's a "5 tool player", Durant's got like 2 tools. Or one tool and two half tools if you want to be specific. Can sorta rebound and sorta defend, but can score well. Can't pass for shit. LeBron can shoot, pass, defend, rebound, and score in the post. And does it all well.

Latarian Milton
09-18-2012, 11:38 PM
durant is in a similar situation to what bron faced playing in cleveland imho, although the likes of beard nigga and westchuck are better players than Mo williams and gooden, they're still overrated to some extent and not capable of giving much aid to durant when it's urgently needed, they're way off the standard of guys that bron currently plays with.

honestly you can't expect D35 to do much more & better in his individual play than he already does, what he really needs to improve now is his mental attributes. dude's definitely the best player on his team (though chimpchuck might disagree) and is often assumed as the team's leader, and he must learn to behave like one imho.

TE
05-18-2013, 04:48 AM
OKC will ring sometime. I'd say as soon as Bron begins to decline. One thing to look at it also is OKC's ladyluck in terms of injuries to core players...even at a young age, playing basketball year round for consecutive years has to have some sort of physical toll...especially for a pseudo-physically weak player like KD. Same thing could be said for Westbrook who plays really hard. and it doesn't have to take a catastrophic injury like a torn acl to fuck a player up...a player could begin to slow down with something like plantar fasciiitis...again, this is just something to look out for. I wouldn't be surprised if RW suffers some sort of injury this upcoming season.
Well he did suffer an injury...:lol

dbestpro
05-18-2013, 12:12 PM
While, OKC failed miserably without Westbrook, I also seem him as the weak link which keeps them from a championship. OKC has no one who can distribute the ball and get others involved. They were too use to Westbrook's volume shooting. I think they should keep Ibaka and Durrant, and trade Westbrook to better fill out the other three positions. Letting Harden get away was a big mistake.

capek
05-18-2013, 12:18 PM
Well he did suffer an injury...:lol

http://replygif.net/i/893.gif

jeebus
05-18-2013, 12:22 PM
Dump Westbrick and re-sign Harden
this tbh

King Nupe
05-18-2013, 06:35 PM
not at all his fault his team lost to us imho, we were just the better side to begin with and bron the better player than him, and the beard nigga played like shit against us. dude got god's shooting hand and he's taller than anyone playing the position he plays, i'd say he's already a matchup nightmare being what he is.

dude's ceiling is in the sky imho. although his basketball skills are at a very high level where its very hard to make any further improvements, he can still grow maturer mentally which would significantly increase his overall rating. saying dude can still improve by establishing himself as a real leader that won't scruple to lambaste his teammates when they play bad, and have the ball in his own hands instead of chimpbrook's when shit really matters.

if chucbrook grows some more brain cells under his skull he's gonna be a deadly weapon tbh, and tony parker was just something similar when he first joined them spurs IIRC. pop forged him into a leader on the backcourt, brooks needs to do the same thing on chimpbrook

dude's reaching a road crossing of his career and also the team's future imho, if he learns to adjust his play to a more team-friendly style he's gonna make a vital piece on a champion team, and if not, he's gonna turn a team cancer like marbury and end up retiring in a shitty league.

his real value has shrunk nearly by half after NBA finals and olympics but some stupid owners will still offer him max i think, and the thunder who're based in a small market will then have a hard choice to make

dude still a nightmare to gasol though, and such a defensive presence is very valuable for such a team that doesn't pose too much threat in the paint at the offensive end imho

they're still a VERY young team and for most their nigs it's only their 3rd or 4th year playing together, don't forget even jordan had waited some 7yrs before winning his first NBA championship. not everyone got the dumb luck to play with a future HOFer from his rookie year imho

Right, because shaq didn't have to wait until Kobe peaked before he was allowed to win chips