PDA

View Full Version : sons real talk will at least 90% of NBA players vote Democrat?

BRHornet45
09-15-2012, 03:57 PM
Reasons NBA players vote Democrat

- majority of players are extremely uneducated or have very little education

- majority of players have a high sense of entitlement (see Dwight Howard and other star players, see most 1st round draft picks, etc.)

- many star players expect to receive the credit for the work of others (see Kobe Bryant for best example of this)

- majority of players know that the current president looks like them, plays basketball as a hobby, and is considered hip.

Reasons NBA players vote Republican

- majority of players are very wealthy and could benefit from the tax breaks

... however they will need to be told about this by their agent or manager due to reason #1 mentioned above

DeadlyDynasty
09-15-2012, 03:59 PM
They won't vote.

BRHornet45
09-15-2012, 04:00 PM
They won't vote.

good point

DMX7
09-15-2012, 04:17 PM
Q: will at least 90% of NBA players vote Democrat?

A: Yes, but less than 90%

How does that answer even make sense? Not a well thought through thread, BR -- a rare miss.

Juggity
09-15-2012, 04:39 PM

- majority of players have a high sense of entitlement (see Dwight Howard and other star players, see most 1st round draft picks, etc.)

- many star players expect to receive the credit for the work of others (see Kobe Bryant for best example of this)

- majority of players know that the current president looks like them, plays basketball as a hobby, and is considered hip.

- majority of players realize that the right wing has become extremist in recent years and, and the players are rationally interested in putting a stop to obstructionism, fundamentalism, and other flawed philosophies espoused by his right wing.

forgot one son

mavs>spurs
09-15-2012, 04:44 PM
I thought the republicans were supposed to be for the 1%? going by that logic, wouldn't the rich nba players vote republican or are they too stupid :lol

Gold Tooth Carl
09-15-2012, 04:47 PM
Damn. BR must really hate his life.

BRHornet45
09-15-2012, 04:47 PM
Q: will at least 90% of NBA players vote Democrat?

A: Yes, but less than 90%

How does that answer even make sense? Not a well thought through thread, BR -- a rare miss.

son it was because the poll answer options limited the amount of characters you could type and also would not allow me to edit the title question. you should be able to understand what was meant. God bless

Latarian Milton
09-15-2012, 07:16 PM
republicans represent the richest 1% people which includes the majority of NBA players so its kinda weird they vote democrat instead of republican, on the other hand however, NBA players are predominantly black and they just vote for their nigga regardless of partisanship imho

Jacob1983
09-16-2012, 01:03 AM
I bet only 10 percent or less of the NBA votes mainly because most of the players don't give a fuck. They got their millions so fuck it. And I highly doubt it's possible that 90 percent of the NBA would vote in general. You also forget to mention the number of foreign players that probably don't have U.S. citizenship therefore can't vote so that probably takes away 1/5 or 1/4 of the NBA population. You forgot felons too. Delonte West can't vote. Arenas can't either.

HeatChamps
09-16-2012, 01:40 AM
Fuck you OP. Racist mofo.

BRHornet45
09-16-2012, 01:47 AM
Fuck you OP. Racist mofo.

truth hurts doesn't it son

HeatChamps
09-16-2012, 01:54 AM
truth hurts doesn't it son
Stereotypes are not the truth.

BRHornet45
09-16-2012, 02:09 AM
Stereotypes are not the truth.

then why did you ignorantly stereotype me?

HeatChamps
09-16-2012, 02:14 AM
then why did you ignorantly stereotype me?
Read your first post and see why I called you a racist.

BRHornet45
09-16-2012, 02:21 AM
Read your first post and see why I called you a racist.

son we have already established that, but since you're having difficulty reading and comprehending then I will break it down for you ...

are you arguing that most NBA players are NOT uneducated or have little education?

are you arguing that most NBA players do NOT have a high sense of entitlement?

are you arguing that most NBA players do NOT realize that the current president looks like them, plays basketball as a hobby, and is considered "hip" ?

what is "racist" about any of that? son I know that your WHITE, liberal bleeding heart is on fire right now, but please answer me these questions. you were very quick to stereotype and call me a racist despite not having a leg to stand on, but show me what ya got big boy.

HeatChamps
09-16-2012, 03:21 AM
The fact that you mention that these were factors in why they voted the way they did shows you are racist. Skin color has nothing to do with anything here. Little education if true has nothing to do with why they voted democrat. They might actually be more likely to vote Republican if lacking knowledge. Heck I would feel entitlement to if I was a professional player. I put all the work in, get what I deserve.So stop with your bullshit and jealousy of not getting what they get.

BRHornet45
09-16-2012, 03:41 AM
The fact that you mention that these were factors in why they voted the way they did shows you are racist. Skin color has nothing to do with anything here. Little education if true has nothing to do with why they voted democrat. They might actually be more likely to vote Republican if lacking knowledge. Heck I would feel entitlement to if I was a professional player. I put all the work in, get what I deserve.So stop with your bullshit and jealousy of not getting what they get.

and there you go again with your ignorant stereotyping.
son who the fuck brought up skin color other than you???

lol keep digging that hole son!

Koolaid_Man
09-16-2012, 08:33 AM
I thought the republicans were supposed to be for the 1%? going by that logic, wouldn't the rich nba players vote republican or are they too stupid :lol

perhaps like our great President that have a basic sense of fairness. For someone like yourself who is bat shit poor and don't have shit or barely got a job (that you're likely lying about anyway) it's astonishing that you vote with the 1%. I'm flabbergasted at how the Repubs get poor whites such as yourself and BR to vote against your own best interests.

It's like Joe The Plumber making 40K / yr and talking against tax increases for those making over 250k / yr...As a fucking plumber (even he own owned the local shit plumbing business) Dude will never even make 100k / yr let alone get close to 250k :lol

Koolaid_Man
09-16-2012, 08:40 AM

We vote for Obama because 1.) He's BLACK and 2.) He's qualified, uber educated, and just fucking smart..Blacks didn't vote for Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton in such large percentages when they ran...

Fact is there's nothing wrong with voting Obama because he blacks I submit to you whites have been doing this shit since voting itself was instituted. Why do you think we just now have a first black pres...:lol well because in past times whites ONLY ever considered voting WHITE and nothing else...:lol

BR is a fail par the course it's takes Kool to expose him he and Mavs>Spurs are outta their elements when Kool enters the building :lol

Latarian Milton
09-16-2012, 09:15 AM

BR ain't a racist as far as i know, dude's a young white architect who pretends to be an adult black and he is rather friendly to us niggas, maybe he even wishes he was black himself tbh.

Jeff Van Gundy
09-16-2012, 01:02 PM
:lol educated Republican
:lol oxymoron

HeatChamps
09-16-2012, 05:07 PM
BR ain't a racist as far as i know, dude's a young white architect who pretends to be an adult black and he is rather friendly to us niggas, maybe he even wishes he was black himself tbh.
But he is a fucking Republican. Unforgiveable imo.

mavs>spurs
09-16-2012, 06:01 PM
i have koolaid man on ignore but i'm pretty sure one of those posts was directed to me, which translates to a win

mavs>spurs
09-16-2012, 09:42 PM
perhaps like our great President that have a basic sense of fairness. For someone like yourself who is bat shit poor and don't have shit or barely got a job (that you're likely lying about anyway) it's astonishing that you vote with the 1%. I'm flabbergasted at how the Repubs get poor whites such as yourself and BR to vote against your own best interests.

It's like Joe The Plumber making 40K / yr and talking against tax increases for those making over 250k / yr...As a fucking plumber (even he own owned the local shit plumbing business) Dude will never even make 100k / yr let alone get close to 250k :lol

:lol saw this while browsing as a guest and couldn't resist..hey little homie, I may not make 250k just yet but my new blonde hair blue eyed brazilian woman's ass could be insured for far more than that...that's gotta count for something right? i'll think of you kool when shes riding that 11 incher reverse cowgirl style ;-)

The Franchise
09-16-2012, 09:58 PM
For them it wouldn't be smart to vote Democrat, because the Republicans are trying their best to protect them (top 5%). Generally speaking, anyone else would be fucking stupid to vote Romney. Both parties suck, but one just doesn't give a shit.

Latarian Milton
09-16-2012, 10:42 PM
For them it wouldn't be smart to vote Democrat, because the Republicans are trying their best to protect them (top 5%). Generally speaking, anyone else would be fucking stupid to vote Romney. Both parties suck, but one just doesn't give a shit.

romney is a fucking joke and the niggas ain't stupid. it's the republican party that was stupid to nominate romney for the national presidential election instead of ron paul imho

odd of obama & co having rigged the republican primary? seems the result was the best imaginable for obama tbh

Clipper Nation
09-16-2012, 11:37 PM
odd of obama & co having rigged the republican primary? seems the result was the best imaginable for obama tbh
Obama didn't rig shit, Willard and his goons did all the rigging themselves, with help from Faux News' media influence....

Kai
09-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Doubt 5% actually votes

Seventyniner
09-17-2012, 07:43 PM
90% of the ones who vote probably vote Dem. 98+% in 2008 and 2012 cause of the 1/2-black Obama factor.

No sense voting Republican for tax breaks, even if you're a millionaire, if you're gonna be broke within 3 years of retirement.

Kidd K
09-17-2012, 07:59 PM

Reasons NBA players vote Republican

- majority of players are very wealthy and could benefit from the tax breaks

... however they will need to be told about this by their agent or manager due to reason #1 mentioned above

All of your examples about why they'd vote democrat literally either don't apply to why people would vote democrat (or democrats in general). Other than the comment about them voting for him because he's black.

I also don't see how being uneducated = democratic vote. You have to be pretty fuckin stupid to vote republican if you aren't rich, which means most people who vote republican (who aren't rich), are voting against their own interests. By default, that makes them stupid; or at the very least completely ignorant of what the purpose of voting is (to choose something that will benefit your life the most).

In the end, they probably don't vote anyway. In most cases, your vote won't mean shit unless you live in a swing state.