PDA

View Full Version : Will Lebron actually improve this season?

Old Greg
09-16-2012, 11:56 AM
The guy won just base off physical gifts alone. Definitely see an even better Lebron coming into next season.

irishock
09-16-2012, 12:12 PM
He still doesn't have a post up game. At least not against great defenses.

Venti Quattro
09-16-2012, 12:14 PM
He'll improve his hairline.

flipspursfan
09-16-2012, 12:17 PM
Yeah. His ring count.

Juggity
09-16-2012, 01:16 PM
He still doesn't have a post up game. At least not against great defenses.

I mean, Boston's defense was pretty good, and he was able to have his way with it.

Venti Quattro
09-16-2012, 01:45 PM
:lmao LeBron having no post game

It may not be as refined as Jordan's or Kobe's, but he torched Boston and Oklahoma City with that non-existent post game.

Stalin
09-16-2012, 05:54 PM
leCrabs post game showed much improvement, i think getting a consistent midrange jumper would be next

HeatChamps
09-16-2012, 06:00 PM
Another ring will be an improvement.

The Franchise
09-16-2012, 10:04 PM
He'll improve his hairline.

Plugs?

Latarian Milton
09-16-2012, 10:13 PM
not having a post game would be somewhat a concern if he plays predominantly as a PF but the bad news to you lakers fans is there's no hell of way we play him out of his natural position, and the philibeaner would rather play either battier or lewis at PF even though he's a terrible coach overall

HeatChamps
09-16-2012, 10:23 PM
Small lineups sure caused problems for OKC.

Ace
09-16-2012, 11:19 PM
Just won a championship in his prime, couldn't get worst.

vander
09-17-2012, 05:37 PM
Just won a championship in his prime, couldn't get worst.

either you or I are confused on the meaning of "prime"

I thought it meant when a player was at his best, meaning there is nowhere to go but down. meaning the exact opposite of what you just said: it, actually, could only get worse.

which is my opinion on the Heat. Lebron may be just as good, but Wade and Bosh will only get worse, and their salaries are only getting bigger, prohibiting the Heat from getting any more help.

I'd be surprised if the Heat win another title.

stretch
09-17-2012, 11:48 PM
Lebron's post game is like Shaq's, in that it's not full of skill moves or anything fancy. Just a few moves that compliment each other well and are not able to be stopped by basically anyone due to their size advantage. Shaq is arguably the most dominant post player ever. If his limited skills" works, who cares?

Just because it doesn't have all the fancy fadeaway shots, doesn't mean he doesn't have a post game.

Lebron is by far the best basketball player in the world, and he continues to grow every year, whether its improving his defense, his jump shot, his shot selection, his post game... something improves in his game every year, and I doubt it stops here. If he can improve his free-throw shooting, and use his post game more, there is probably nothing stopping him from winning quite a few more championships.

stretch
09-17-2012, 11:52 PM
which is my opinion on the Heat. Lebron may be just as good, but Wade and Bosh will only get worse, and their salaries are only getting bigger, prohibiting the Heat from getting any more help.

I'd be surprised if the Heat win another title.

Well, they did just get Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis... I think they are looking fine right now.

It's already deadly as crap with Lebron and Wade running the fast break... but now you throw in Allen and/or Lewis as a trailing 3-pt shooter, along with Chalmers? :wow

If Bosh plays strong and physical defensively in the post like he did in this previous postseason, the league is really screwed this year.

Edward
09-18-2012, 10:04 AM
Wade is someone who's on the decline and is only gonna get worse.....Lebron will be at or above this level of play for another 3-4 years (anyone who thinks differently is kidding himself the way Lebron takes care of his body), and Bosh still has room to get better since he's about to become the Heat's 2nd option imo.

The big problem I see for Miami is Bron and Bosh wearing down because they're going to small ball.

Latarian Milton
09-18-2012, 10:36 AM
Wade is someone who's on the decline and is only gonna get worse.....Lebron will be at or above this level of play for another 3-4 years (anyone who thinks differently is kidding himself the way Lebron takes care of his body), and Bosh still has room to get better since he's about to become the Heat's 2nd option imo.

The big problem I see for Miami is Bron and Bosh wearing down because they're going to small ball.

we're adopting a team USA style of play and that's perhaps the best for us when we have the overwhelming advantage in talents over any NBA team just like team US on the international stage, keep hustling the opponents and force them to make mistakes. we're going small but its not like we're gonna play no D like suns or the warriors imho

stretch
09-18-2012, 10:56 AM
Wade needs to focus entirely on becoming more like a Pippen type of player, focusing on shut-down defense, rebounding, and easy buckets off the ball.

His current style of play wont last too much longer, but if he changes it now, he can still be an extremely effective player for a few extra years.

TIMMYtoZO
09-19-2012, 01:23 PM
If anything, Lebron will improve even more as a leader. He now knows what it takes to ring. He knows that feeling and wants to sustain it. This is his time now. Miami isn't anywhere close to being done winning titles with this core.

Bynumite
09-19-2012, 08:15 PM
The old ass Celtics, the only eastern team that isn't complete shit and can create the illusion of a semi-competitive series, is one year older and lost Ray Allen. So Lebron will once again sodomize the east on his way to another Finals appearance.

During the Finals, it will be a different story. With D12 guarding the rim, Lebron's highly suspicious midrange game will be exposed and his numbers will decrease.

Killakobe81
09-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Lebron's post game is like Shaq's, in that it's not full of skill moves or anything fancy. Just a few moves that compliment each other well and are not able to be stopped by basically anyone due to their size advantage. Shaq is arguably the most dominant post player ever. If his limited skills" works, who cares?

Just because it doesn't have all the fancy fadeaway shots, doesn't mean he doesn't have a post game.

Lebron is by far the best basketball player in the world, and he continues to grow every year, whether its improving his defense, his jump shot, his shot selection, his post game... something improves in his game every year, and I doubt it stops here. If he can improve his free-throw shooting, and use his post game more, there is probably nothing stopping him from winning quite a few more championships.

I agree with most of this, but Durant's time is coming soon. LeBron, Dwight, Rose, Duncan Kobe need to win soon. As much as LeBron has continued to improve James is closer to his peak than KD Durant may get a lit better the next 2 years.