PDA

View Full Version : Which 0-2 team is in the most trouble?

DeadlyDynasty
09-16-2012, 07:21 PM
The Raiders look hopeless on offense and got deebo'd by Reggie Bush on defense today. As bad as the Saints look right now (particularly on defense), I think you gotta give them the benefit of the doubt to turn it around with Drew Brees.

In order from most screwed to least screwed:

1. Oakland
2. Kansas City
3. Tennessee
4. Jacksonville
5. Cleveland (Weeden and T-Rich bounced back nicely despite the loss)
6. New Orleans

Surprisingly, the Saints are the only 0-2 team in the NFC.

ColinB
09-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Oakland. They have a tough schedule coming up.

0-5 start would not surprise me. Browns could also go that route if they can't beat the Bills next week.

DontStopBelieving
09-16-2012, 07:27 PM
The Raiders look hopeless on offense and got deebo'd by Reggie Bush on defense today. As bad as the Saints look right now (particularly on defense), I think you gotta give them the benefit of the doubt to turn it around with Drew Brees.

In order from most screwed to least screwed:

1. Oakland
2. Kansas City
3. Tennessee
4. Jacksonville
5. Cleveland (Weeden and T-Rich bounced back nicely despite the loss)
6. New Orleans

Surprisingly, the Saints are the only 0-2 team in the NFC.

billsfan should know a thing or two about getting skullfucked by Reggie Bush :lol

DeadlyDynasty
09-16-2012, 07:28 PM
billsfan should know a thing or two about getting skullfucked by Reggie Bush :lol
Spiller's gonna make dat ass bleed this year

DontStopBelieving
09-16-2012, 07:31 PM
Spiller's gonna make dat ass bleed this year

lol @ anybody running on the Dolphins

Its not like you need to though, the secondary and pass rush is awful.

symple19
09-16-2012, 07:59 PM
definitely Oaktown

Really, they're all in trouble except maybe NO

Pelicans78
09-16-2012, 10:45 PM
The Saints are in huge trouble. No head coach to get on them after shitty performances. They look awful right now and they need home field to make noise in the playoffs. Basically, their season is about to be over.

Clipper Nation
09-16-2012, 11:24 PM
:lol Raidahz
:lol Trading their whole team for shit-ass Carson Palmer

DPG21920
09-16-2012, 11:27 PM
Is this really a question, DD? Every 2-0 team sucks and we know it except for NO. All the other ones have no expectations of anything, so IMO clearly NO is the only once who should be concerned.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
09-17-2012, 09:26 AM
Is this really a question, DD? Every 2-0 team sucks and we know it except for NO. All the other ones have no expectations of anything, so IMO clearly NO is the only once who should be concerned.
Wrong. The Raiders and Chiefs had high hopes in a supposedly wide-open AFCW.
-Everybody was excited that Palmer and McFadden would be playing together for the first time.
-The Chiefs brought back Charles, Moeaki, and Eric Berry who missed all of 2011--those 3 were integral to their division title in 2010.
-A slew of ESPN/FOX/etc experts were picking the Titans as the 2nd WC team this year.

Only Jacksonville and Cleveland were supposed to really suck out of that group. Cleveland's young guns played great yesterday, so there's a glimmer of hope for a decent offense in a couple years.

New Orleans gets a break b/c they have a transcendently elite QB, which can get you out of a lot of jams. Although, to be fair, the Saints have a brutal schedule.

gaKNOW!blee
09-17-2012, 10:12 AM
lol @ anybody running on the Dolphins

Its not like you need to though, the secondary and pass rush is awful.

We'll see, bitch.

Edward
09-17-2012, 10:33 AM
I like how the Dolphins get a win against the Raiders and their fans are talking mad shit.

DPG21920
09-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Wrong. The Raiders and Chiefs had high hopes in a supposedly wide-open AFCW.
-Everybody was excited that Palmer and McFadden would be playing together for the first time.
-The Chiefs brought back Charles, Moeaki, and Eric Berry who missed all of 2011--those 3 were integral to their division title in 2010.
-A slew of ESPN/FOX/etc experts were picking the Titans as the 2nd WC team this year.

Only Jacksonville and Cleveland were supposed to really suck out of that group. Cleveland's young guns played great yesterday, so there's a glimmer of hope for a decent offense in a couple years.

New Orleans gets a break b/c they have a transcendently elite QB, which can get you out of a lot of jams. Although, to be fair, the Saints have a brutal schedule.

Guy, IMO, anyone who thought OAK or KC had any kind of a shot in a "wide open AFCW" with San Diego & Denver should not be taken seriously. The Raiders and KC are right where most logical people thought they would be - behind SD & DEN. Even if you thought they would do something different, there was still 0 expectations for them to do any damage in the playoffs.

NO was the only team with any sort of real expectations on that list IMO.

J.T.
09-17-2012, 11:03 AM
I like how the Dolphins get a win against the Raiders and their fans are talking mad shit.

True, Miami is on the fast track to drafting Matt Barkley and converting Tannehill back to WR.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
09-17-2012, 11:24 AM
Guy, IMO, anyone who thought OAK or KC had any kind of a shot in a "wide open AFCW" with San Diego & Denver should not be taken seriously. The Raiders and KC are right where most logical people thought they would be - behind SD & DEN. Even if you thought they would do something different, there was still 0 expectations for them to do any damage in the playoffs.

You can make a case for Denver--although there was uncertainty regarding Peyton's health, but please knock off that Chargers nonsense. They were in the same boat as the other two teams entering the year--especially after losing VJax. Also, the Raiders were expected to beat San Diego in week 1( which would put them ahead of the Chargers)--so says Vegas--so you're wrong again.

The Gemini Method
09-17-2012, 11:38 AM
N.O. would be my pick because they seem to be wasting another year of Breesus and that may cost them another shot at a Super Bowl championship. Although that may already be the course because of the ascension of the 49ers and the seemingly abundance of other supremely talented NFC teams finding a bastion of luck (see: Philly, G.B. and Giants).

lolRaiduhssss

DPG21920
09-17-2012, 11:50 AM
You can make a case for Denver--although there was uncertainty regarding Peyton's health, but please knock off that Chargers nonsense. They were in the same boat as the other two teams entering the year--especially after losing VJax. Also, the Raiders were expected to beat San Diego in week 1( which would put them ahead of the Chargers)--so
says Vegas--so you're wrong again.

Well I'd argue that I am correct since in fact SD beat OAK :lol

They lost Vjax, but Floyd is a solid option, they got Meachem and people don't realize how jacked up their o-line was last year which is what contributed to the Rivers INT's and struggles (not to mention Gates being injured).

With the o-line and Gates healthy, plus they WR's they had, it was pretty clear to me that SD was ahead of OAK.

J.T.
09-17-2012, 11:50 AM
tbh anyone that was uncertain about Peyton's health was a giant fucking retard. This mystery surrounding his injury was NEVER "will his neck be okay?" It was always "will the nerve regenerate so he can throw the ball again?" Indy only cut him because they had pole position on the draft and it was basically pay Manning the rest of his $95M contract or pay Luck dirt and bank on him developing into Peyton Jr. The 2011 season simply revealed to them the fact that their team was garbage outside of the QB position and even with Manning, going to and/or winning the Super Bowl wasn't a sure thing.

Everyone freaking out over him taking the first big hit clearly only read "neck surgery" on his medical file. Most of the information out there about football players having vertebrae fusion was that they returned and were able to play again just fine. The real questions should have surrounded Denver only making the playoffs with an 8-8 record and retrofitting their playbook with option plays for Tebow.

The Gemini Method
09-17-2012, 11:54 AM
I think the question of an NFL player that has had the neck surgery returning was based on the fact that a QB of notable repute hadn't had the surgery done and returned to be the same level. I guess that's why it has been an issue because Peyton is an Hall of Famer and so we're expecting a level that very few QBs ever reach. It is good to see that it hasn't been the case as of yet and the Broncos will be in the top echalon of teams because they added Manning.

J.T.
09-17-2012, 12:17 PM
I think the question of an NFL player that has had the neck surgery returning was based on the fact that a QB of notable repute hadn't had the surgery done and returned to be the same level. I guess that's why it has been an issue because Peyton is an Hall of Famer and so we're expecting a level that very few QBs ever reach. It is good to see that it hasn't been the case as of yet and the Broncos will be in the top echalon of teams because they added Manning.

Well you're right about that, I'm sure no one who had that surgery previously was Top 3 all-time at the position.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
09-17-2012, 12:20 PM
Well I'd argue that I am correct since in fact SD beat OAK :lol

They lost Vjax, but Floyd is a solid option, they got Meachem and people don't realize how jacked up their o-line was last year which is what contributed to the Rivers INT's and struggles (not to mention Gates being injured).

With the o-line and Gates healthy, plus they WR's they had, it was pretty clear to me that SD was ahead of OAK.

Meachem was like option #4 in N.O.'s receiving game and Floyd has never been a #1. Also, Matthews' perpetual injuries and the loss of Tolbert also made them iffy. I disagree that SD was clearly ahead of the other 2, especially with all the uncertainty surrounding them.

tbh anyone that was uncertain about Peyton's health was a giant fucking retard. This mystery surrounding his injury was NEVER "will his neck be okay?" It was always "will the nerve regenerate so he can throw the ball again?" Indy only cut him because they had pole position on the draft and it was basically pay Manning the rest of his $95M contract or pay Luck dirt and bank on him developing into Peyton Jr. The 2011 season simply revealed to them the fact that their team was garbage outside of the QB position and even with Manning, going to and/or winning the Super Bowl wasn't a sure thing.

Everyone freaking out over him taking the first big hit clearly only read "neck surgery" on his medical file. Most of the information out there about football players having vertebrae fusion was that they returned and were able to play again just fine. The real questions should have surrounded Denver only making the playoffs with an 8-8 record and retrofitting their playbook with option plays for Tebow.
I picked Denver to win the division this year (it's in the picks thread), but come on, man. There's legitimate concern when a guy is 36 y/o and coming off 3-4 neck surgeries.

JoeTait75
09-17-2012, 12:25 PM

You have a point, but the Chiefs do have some talent and did finish strong last season. They've looked terrible thus far, below even their somewhat modest expectations.

As for the Browns, I'm just relieved that Brandon Weeden looked like a real live NFL quarterback yesterday. He looked Spurgeon Wynn-esque on opening day, just horrendous. Richardson I wasn't worried about.

The Gemini Method
09-17-2012, 12:30 PM
You have a point, but the Chiefs do have some talent and did finish strong last season. They've looked terrible thus far, below even their somewhat modest expectations.

As for the Browns, I'm just relieved that Brandon Weeden looked like a real live NFL quarterback yesterday. He looked Spurgeon Wynn-esque on opening day, just horrendous. Richardson I wasn't worried about.

The Browns should've upended the Eagles in Week 1. That interception for naught in the endzone during the game winning drive was brutal. So, there is a glimpse of a better future for the Browns at least on the offense. Keeping Richardson and Weeden healthy will be the penultimate challenge as they're very good pieces. The one thing that the Browns have going for them is time. The Steelers are ancient and not too far from the end of that great run and so are the Ravens esp on D. The Bengals are, well, young but they're still the Bengals. Your guys played them super hard yesterday and that is good going forward. One of the more proud franchises deserve to be in the mix.

DontStopBelieving
09-17-2012, 05:55 PM

I just said the Dolphins rush D was good?:lol

Considering they have the longest streak ( 16 ) in the NFL of not allowing 100 yards to a running back, it really isn't shit talking either :rolleyes

Ryan Fitzpatrick
09-17-2012, 05:56 PM
DSB, how do you like my league-leading 5 tds?

DontStopBelieving
09-17-2012, 06:00 PM
Passing for less yards than T:lolnnehill

Ryan Fitzpatrick
09-17-2012, 06:11 PM
Yet 4 more touchdowns:lol