PDA

View Full Version : Preview of the 2012-2013 New Orleans Hornets

fevertrees
09-17-2012, 02:14 AM
:lol Spurs

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/preview-2012-13-orleans-hornets-preseason-fans-perspective-160600897--nba.html

Preview of the 2012-13 New Orleans Hornets' Preseason: Fan's Perspective
New Orleans Hornets

With so many new, young players, the New Orleans Hornets are facing one of their most important preseasons since the franchise left Charlotte. Wins and losses never matter in the preseason, but the Hornets need to develop cohesion and Monty Williams has difficult decisions to make about starters and rotations.

Mexico

A few months ago, the Hornets' preseason game against the Orlando Magic in Mexico probably looked a lot more attractive than it does now. But even though Dwight Howard has left Disney World for Disneyland, Mexico's proudest son, Gustavo Ayon, will still take part, albeit with Orlando instead of New Orleans.

Interestingly enough, the Hornets could become the second New Orleans team to win a preseason game in Mexico. In 1978, the New Orleans Saints defeated the Philadelphia Eagles 14-7 in an NFL preseason game in Mexico. The Hornets vs. Magic preseason game will air live on NBA TV.

Charlotte Bobcats

Life on the court was a lot easier for Michael Jordan than life off the court has been. Jordan's Bobcats set an NBA record for futility with a 7-59 record last season. Things got even worse when the Hornets won the NBA Draft Lottery and landed top pick Anthony Davis.

The Hornets and Bobcats will square off twice in the preseason, once in New Orleans and once in Charlotte. Despite playing eight preseason games, the Hornets' home game against the Bobcats is one of only two in New Orleans. Charlotte sincerely hopes that Michael Kidd-Gilchrist turns out to be the best player out of Kentucky.

Linsanity

Due to the shortened 2011-12 NBA season, Hornets' fans missed out on seeing the sensational Jeremy Lin in New Orleans. However, New Orleans did put a stop to Linsanity at the height of its popularity by defeating the Knicks in New York. Hornets' fans can get a sneak peek at Lin in the preseason when the Rockets travel to New Orleans.

Here is a detailed look at the entire 2012-13 New Orleans Hornets preseason schedule.

10/7: Orlando Magic (Mexico), 1:30 CT, NBA TV

10/9: Charlotte Bobcats (home), 7:00 CT

10/11: Charlotte Bobcats (away), 6:30 CT

10/12: Houston Rockets (away), 7:00 CT

10/18: Atlanta Hawks (away), 6:30 CT

10/22: Dallas Mavericks (away), 7:30 CT

10/24: Houston Rockets (home), 7:00 CT

10/26: Miami Heat (away), 7:00 CT, ESPN

LkrFan
09-17-2012, 04:17 AM
Hey BR, do you think they'll make the playoffs? I think you guys are another year away.

Clipper Nation
09-17-2012, 11:36 AM
Hey BR, do you think they'll make the playoffs? I think you guys are another year away.

Cornerstone will lead them back to glory tbh....

Pelicans78
09-17-2012, 11:47 AM
It will be close as far as making the playoffs. They will have a ton of cap room next offseason. What they need is a long-term option at SF.

whitemamba
09-17-2012, 12:19 PM
hows that bench?

Pelicans78
09-17-2012, 01:14 PM
The bench is ok. Not great.

C - Robin Lopez
PF - Jason Smith, Hakim Warrick
SF - Xavier Henry/Darius Miller
SG - Roger Mason Jr.
PG - Austin Rivers

Serviceable at best. Team has a gaping hole at SF. Also, I doubt Lopez and Warrick will be back after this season. The team can terminate their contracts after the season. Basically, this is another rebuilding season with an outside chance at the 8th seed.

Long-term, this is what the team projects:

C - Davis
PF - Anderson
SF - ?
SG - Gordon
PG - Rivers

whitemamba
09-17-2012, 02:35 PM
long way to go tbh, too many superstar teams around now days...

Koolaid_Man
09-17-2012, 02:58 PM
:lol Spurs

Preview of the 2012-13 New Orleans Hornets' Preseason: Fan's Perspective

Hey lil homie I hope this warms your ass :lol Like Brook Benton said it's just a matter of time...A matter of time before Anthony Davis is rocking that fucking Purple-N-Gold...these next 4yrs yall get him prepared for us..you here me lil homie :lol

Chicago native Anthony Davis, who looks to be headed to New Orleans after the Hornets won the NBA Draft lottery (http://www.csnchicago.com/basketball-chicago-bulls/bulls-talk/Hornets-hit-jackpot-in-NBA-Draft-lottery?blockID=716920&feedID=10332) on Wednesday night, called into "The Dan Patrick Show" on Thursday morning and had some strong words for Lakers star Kobe Bryant.

When asked what current NBA player he is most looking forward to playing against, Davis singled out Kobe.

"He's a monster. So I just want to go out there and play my hardest. There's a lot of guys that can't stop Kobe," said Anthony. "So if I stop him I could be one of the guys that say, 'I shut Kobe down'."

Patrick warned Davis that Bryant listens to the show and that he has a great memory.

"Tell him I'll be waiting," replied a laughing Davis.

That lil nigga can't wait to get to LA :lol