PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Political Trick on Ohio

Wild Cobra
09-17-2012, 03:45 AM
Yep. Ohio is a large auto parts supplier. He hasn't done anything for almost 4 years, yet now... just before the elections... he will tackle the trade deficit with China. namely car parts.

If you all believe that he will follow though with any of this if he wins, then I have a bridge I'll sell you.

coyotes_geek
09-17-2012, 09:20 AM
Newsflash: Politician says something to try and get himself elected. Wild Cobra outraged.

boutons_deux
09-17-2012, 09:32 AM
what he certainly won't say is that some/most those auto parts imported from China are made by globalizing American companies who killed US jobs to export them to China.

He saved some the Real Economy in saving GM/Chrysler, unlike the Repugs' TARP that saved only the criminal Financial Sector. I figure he's justified in expecting those 100Ks auto industry workers to thank him with their votes.

Clipper Nation
09-17-2012, 09:47 AM
Newsflash: Politician says something to try and get himself elected. Wild Cobra outraged.
Unless it's Willard using the same tired act, then it's suddenly "genius" that will make everyone BELIEVE IN 'MURICA...

coyotes_geek
09-17-2012, 09:57 AM
Unless it's Willard using the same tired act, then it's suddenly "genius" that will make everyone BELIEVE IN 'MURICA...

Willard would never stoop to such a lowball tactic. If Willard says it, you can take it to the bank that he'll follow through.

baseline bum
09-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Wait a second... so Obama is running a campaign focused on parts after one on change?

leemajors
09-17-2012, 10:57 AM
Wait a second... so Obama is running a campaign focused on parts after one on change?

:lol

Wild Cobra
09-17-2012, 02:35 PM
Newsflash: Politician says something to try and get himself elected.
No Shit Sherlock.

I just wonder how many people will fall for this latest trick?

coyotes_geek
09-17-2012, 02:44 PM
2,765 people.

CosmicCowboy
09-17-2012, 02:59 PM
It's pretty fucking insulting for either of them to use the China boogeyman.

Welcome to the global economy.

CosmicCowboy
09-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Yep. Ohio is a large auto parts supplier. He hasn't done anything for almost 4 years, yet now... just before the elections... he will tackle the trade deficit with China. namely car parts.

If you all believe that he will follow though with any of this if he wins, then I have a bridge I'll sell you.

WC is right on this one. No way they shut down the aftermarket auto parts industries. The big auto insurance companies would scream bloody murder and tear up their donation checks.

boutons_deux
09-18-2012, 08:30 AM
Obama has filed more WTO claims against China in 3 years than dubya did in 8 years.

WC and CC are wrong, again.

boutons_deux
09-18-2012, 08:31 AM
Gecko talking tuff enuff on China? but he walks very differently.

Romney Camp Silent On Whether Bain Purchased Brutal Chinese Factory

“Before Mitt Romney started claiming he’d stand up to China and its unfair trade practices, he was profiting off of them,” Obama campaign press secretary Ben LaBolt said in a statement Saturday. “Gov. Romney even maintained his investment in a Chinese manufacturing company that relied on outsourcing American jobs after seeing its poor work conditions, which he described as surrounded by barbed wire and packed with 12 women per dormitory room. When our competitors started a global race to the bottom, rather than placing a premium on creating American jobs and lifting the middle class, Mitt Romney dove in head first.”

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/09/romney-camp-silent-on-whether-bain-purchased-brutal-chinese-factory.php

Wild Cobra
09-18-2012, 08:35 AM
Obama has filed more WTO claims against China in 3 years than dubya did in 8 years.

WC and CC are wrong, again.

Meaningless chatters to keep the flocks happy that will go not where.

DMX7
09-18-2012, 11:11 AM
It's pretty fucking insulting for either of them to use the China boogeyman.

Welcome to the global economy.

The timing/motivation is disingenious; however China is legitimately cheating in trade with all kinds of bullshit -- the most prominent of which is, of course, currency manipulation.

RandomGuy
09-18-2012, 11:19 AM

Is that like the group that is seeking to purge 750,000 people who might have the nerve to vote for Democrats from the Ohio voter rolls?

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A conservative watchdog group is suing Ohio's elections chief, saying he's failed under federal law to maintain accurate voter registration lists for the presidential battleground state.

The complaint by Washington, D.C.-based Judicial Watch alleges that Secretary of State Jon Husted (HYOO'-sted) and state election officials have failed to take reasonable steps to maintain clean voter rolls as required by federal law.

The complaint filed on Thursday in federal court in Columbus says certain counties have more registered voters than the total voting age population in those counties.

A spokesman for Husted, a Republican, says Ohio's voter rolls are in their best shape in years. Spokesman Matt McClellan says Husted has removed more than 19,000 deceased voters and hundreds of thousands of duplicates since taking office in January 2011.

You fuckers keep pushing the bullshit notion that there is some sort of massive voter fraud going on, as a thin excuse to win at any cost, and you have the nuts to call someone for simple vote buying?

Rank hypocrisy. WTGA.