PDA

View Full Version : I simply just don't care

debo
09-17-2012, 02:26 PM
My girlfriends old friend died, whom I had met before, and I didn't feel the least bit sad. I can recognize its a bad situation, and I hope her kid and husband can bounce back, but if they dont I wont exactly lose sleep. I listen to my coworkers stories and try to care, but I find it really hard. Its not like they're bad people, or that they have 'stupid' stories, im just indifferent. It seems that only my immediate family and close friends are the only people I can give ANY time of day to. I know im partly selfish, but am i a bad person? Can caring be something you learn? Why is it that i dont care? can anyone relate

cantthinkofanything
09-17-2012, 02:31 PM
My girlfriends old friend died, whom I had met before, and I didn't feel the least bit sad. I can recognize its a bad situation, and I hope her kid and husband can bounce back, but if they dont I wont exactly lose sleep. I listen to my coworkers stories and try to care, but I find it really hard. Its not like they're bad people, or that they have 'stupid' stories, im just indifferent. It seems that only my immediate family and close friends are the only people I can give ANY time of day to. I know im partly selfish, but am i a bad person? Can caring be something you learn? Why is it that i dont care? can anyone relate

Who gives a shit.

TheRealCB
09-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Son no,you're doing what's best for your self... We can't afford to be sad about people we don't know,or have met once or so..It's normal behavior imo to protect yourself.

debo
09-17-2012, 02:45 PM
It's probably a good idea to at least try to learn not to care but to learn to act like you care.
Acting like I care has been the performance of my life /rimshot
seriously, I think its normal for everyone to not care about EVERYTHING, and that most people pretend to care about some things daily. The problem is, I think most people 'care' a lot more than i do.

Fpoonsie
09-17-2012, 02:47 PM
It's probably a good idea to at least try to learn not to care but to learn to act like you care.

cantthinkofanything
09-17-2012, 02:52 PM
Acting like I care has been the performance of my life /rimshot
seriously, I think its normal for everyone to not care about EVERYTHING, and that most people pretend to care about some things daily. The problem is, I think most people 'care' a lot more than i do.

The problem is that even though you had it right the first time, you decided to ask SpursTalk to find out if that was normal. SpursTalk.

Leetonidas
09-17-2012, 03:02 PM
I'm empathetic, but I don't necessarily care, so I feel ya

JimmyCrackCorn
09-17-2012, 03:10 PM
Well Jimmy crack corn....and I don't care.

Koolaid_Man
09-17-2012, 03:10 PM

Hitler didn't give a shit either...but sounds like your parents didn't hug you enough...maybe your moms was sticking that needle and Pops was a booze head...

reminds me of the old line in Scarface's song..money and the power:

"When I was growin up nobody seemed to give a shit And that's what makes me one hard son of a bitch Since they ain't give a shit, I ain't give a shit either Sweet 16, time to stack me up some kilo's. Learned the game of hustlin, fuckin over fiends, Sellin niggaz beat, in other words amphetamines. My game was more advanced, sellin speed I'm goin broke, Got em up with floyd and floyd had fronted me some dope. Learned to rock it up, now I got it sold, Time to go for broke, mother-fuck who I owe. Business started boomin, started movin powder, Motherfuck the bitches I want money and the power..

TDMVPDPOY
09-17-2012, 03:11 PM
suck a dick man, suck a d ick

redzero
09-17-2012, 03:33 PM
Nothing out of the ordinary. Keep on keeping on.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
09-17-2012, 05:21 PM
suck a dick man, suck a d ick
Are you autistic or something? Tourette's, maybe?

silverblk mystix
09-17-2012, 05:23 PM

Too long. Didn't read.

Latarian Milton
09-17-2012, 07:40 PM
hundreds of americans are being killed every week under gun fires and you can't feel sad for all of them, and you don't need to even pretend to give a shit about other people's misfortunes

debo
09-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Too long. Didn't read.

tl;dr? idc imho

mouse
09-17-2012, 07:48 PM

Thanks for explaining that to us we really had no clue Jimmy still cracked corn after Walmart came to town.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
09-17-2012, 07:59 PM
mouse, addressing his own shitty trolls, par the course.

mouse
09-17-2012, 08:21 PM
mouse, addressing his own shitty trolls, par the course.

so should address you also?

Ryan Fitzpatrick
09-17-2012, 08:23 PM
That doesn't make any sense.

Woo Bum-kon
09-17-2012, 09:06 PM
This isn't the Troll Forum, mouse. Go talk to yourself over there.

HeatChamps
09-17-2012, 10:13 PM
You are a piece of shit?

Jeff Leppard
09-17-2012, 11:13 PM
You are a sociopath. You should see a shrink and get on a drug regime before young kil someone.

redzero
09-17-2012, 11:22 PM
You are a sociopath. You should see a shrink and get on a drug regime before young kil someone.

Not caring about people he barely knows doesn't make him a sociopath.

Jeff Leppard
09-17-2012, 11:26 PM

Hits a little too close to home, eh?

redzero
09-17-2012, 11:27 PM
Hits a little too close to home, eh?

Good to know you don't have a real response.

Jeff Leppard
09-17-2012, 11:31 PM
Good to know you don't have a real response.

I'm just concerned about young and the people around you. I care about people.

HeatChamps
09-17-2012, 11:33 PM
First signs of a cold blooded killer. Not caring if someone dies.

debo
09-17-2012, 11:34 PM

Well, I didn't know that about myself. :wakeup

Jeff Leppard
09-17-2012, 11:36 PM

Psychology 101, tbh.

redzero
09-17-2012, 11:37 PM
It's good to know we have so many psychologists on SpursTalk.

debo
09-17-2012, 11:39 PM

I dont know a thing about her aside from what I was told in the past tense.

Jeff Leppard
09-17-2012, 11:41 PM
I'm just trying to help. If it's not too late.

debo
09-17-2012, 11:43 PM
I wouldnt care if you died either. It would probably call for a "dang. sucks." response

redzero
09-17-2012, 11:46 PM
I'm just trying to help.

You're not qualified.

Jeff Leppard
09-17-2012, 11:54 PM
You're not qualified.

You're not qualified to tell me I'm not qualified. It's not like I'm criticizing some crappy emo hipster band or something.

redzero
09-17-2012, 11:58 PM
Uh, yes I am. You aren't qualified to give diagnoses.

And that last line doesn't even make any sense.

Wild Cobra
09-18-2012, 03:28 AM
LOL...

I haven't heard that in decades.......

tlongII
09-18-2012, 09:13 AM
tl:dr