PDA

View Full Version : Romney: If I were Mexican, I'd have a better shot at winning

djohn2oo8
09-17-2012, 04:13 PM
"My dad, as you probably know, was the governor of Michigan and was the head of a car company. But he was born in Mexico ... and uh, had he been born of uh, Mexican parents, I'd have a better shot at winning this," Romney says in the video. "But he was unfortunately born to Americans living in Mexico. He lived there for a number of years. I mean, I say that jokingly, but it would be helpful to be Latino."

In one of a series of clips from a secretly recorded campaign fundraiser (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/17/mitt-romney-video_n_1829455.html?1347909335), Mitt Romney makes a joking reference to his family's complicated history in Mexico, guessing that if his father George had been "born of Mexican parents, I'd have a better shot at winning this."
The comments mark a rare moment of levity on immigration for Romney, and they're a somewhat unusual reference to his family's complicated history in Mexico. "I mean, I say that jokingly," he adds, "but it would be helpful to be Latino."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/17/mitt-romney-helpful-to-be-latino_n_1891359.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

djohn2oo8
09-17-2012, 04:14 PM
“There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what,” Romney said at a private fundraiser earlier this year. “All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that’s an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax.”

http://www.salon.com/2012/09/17/romney_obama_voters_believe_that_they_are_victims/

djohn2oo8
09-17-2012, 04:15 PM
XnB0NZzl5HA

“Our message of low taxes doesn’t connect...so my job is is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives. What I have to do is convince the five to 10 percent in the center that are independents, that are thoughtful....”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/post/romney-ill-never-convince-obama-voters-to-take-responsibility-for-their-lives/2012/09/17/0c1f0bcc-0104-11e2-b260-32f4a8db9b7e_blog.html

Clipper Nation
09-17-2012, 04:32 PM
Holy fuck, it's like he's TRYING to lose on purpose at this point..... :lol

boutons_deux
09-17-2012, 04:35 PM
“All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that’s an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax.”

goddam, Gecko is a liar.

47% paying no income tax is more than we know about Gecko's income tax.

Paying no income tax doesn't mean a person is taking govt assistance.

entitlements? Gecko thinks he's ENTITLED, privileged to break long precedent by keeping his income taxes secret.

goddam, one stupid mofo. Rove and his $100Ms of slander and lies won't be able to save Gecko.

mavs>spurs
09-17-2012, 04:45 PM
it's too bad he's actually right tho. mexicans are a larger demographic than blacks, and would attract more of the white vote than a black i'd think.

DarrinS
09-17-2012, 04:48 PM
It's true

CosmicCowboy
09-17-2012, 04:50 PM
From an election standpoint, everything he said is true.

All other things being equal he would have a better chance of being elected if he was hispanic.

There are 47% of the people who are gonna support Obama no matter what. Romney has to convince the 5-6% in the middle to vote for him to have any chance of winning the election.

And the message of lower taxes doesn't resonate with those dependent on government.

All true statements.

ChumpDumper
09-17-2012, 04:54 PM
Does anyone on team red acknowledge that this might not be the smartest thing to say at this point in a presidential campaign?

CosmicCowboy
09-17-2012, 04:55 PM
Does anyone on team red acknowledge that this might not be the smartest thing to say at this point in a presidential campaign?

Of course.

Just refreshing, as opposed to Obama lying his fucking ass off every time his mouth opens.

ChumpDumper
09-17-2012, 04:56 PM
Ineptitude is refreshing?

Team Red!

TeyshaBlue
09-17-2012, 04:58 PM

It's his MO. Why stop now?:lol

CosmicCowboy
Can you believe Obama is still sticking to the story that the killing of our ambassador was just a spontaneous demonstration to that stupid film? The minions were making the talk show rounds yesterday with their scripts doing damage control.

boutons_deux

It was not-for-99% ears, he was being surreptitiously recorded while speaking to the 1%.

Who thinks that if Gecko were Hispanic, that he'd have exactly the same policies as hyper-wealthy white Gecko?

Th'Pusher
09-17-2012, 04:59 PM
I contend it's not event true. Do you honestly think there are not a large number of poor ass rednecks that fall into the 47% that are still going to cast a vote for Romney?

mavs>spurs
09-17-2012, 04:59 PM
the damn libyan president and another top official said that this was planned months in advance and the official even said that he warned them 3 days ahead of time.

CosmicCowboy
09-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Ineptitude is refreshing?

Team Red!

It's no surprise that in Chumpworld truth = ineptitude.

Drachen
09-17-2012, 05:04 PM
It's no surprise that in Chumpworld truth = ineptitude.

I think the point is that since there was no positive reason to say this, truth = ineptitude.

It is like calling someone relationally inept because they told their wife that Yes, those pants make her look fat. Is that truth refreshing?

ChumpDumper
09-17-2012, 05:06 PM
I think the point is that since there was no positive reason to say this, truth = ineptitude.

It is like calling someone relationally inept because they told their wife that Yes, those pants make her look fat. Is that truth refreshing?It's no surprise in CC's bunker, this is a shrewd political move.

Spurminator
09-17-2012, 05:28 PM
You guys really believe none of the 47% who don't pay income tax are voting for Romney in this election?

You mean to tell me you think every Confederate flag waving, Wal-Mart shopping trailer park disability-check cashing redneck is voting Democrat in this election?

Ha.

Spurminator
09-17-2012, 05:28 PM
I contend it's not event true. Do you honestly think there are not a large number of poor ass rednecks that fall into the 47% that are still going to cast a vote for Romney?

Whoops, missed this the first time.

DMX7
09-17-2012, 05:41 PM
This guy is fantastic. :lol

... and he absolutely wasn't joking. :lmao

Th'Pusher
09-17-2012, 05:42 PM
You guys really believe none of the 47% who don't pay income tax are voting for Romney in this election?

You mean to tell me you think every Confederate flag waving, Wal-Mart shopping trailer park disability-check cashing redneck is voting Democrat in this election?

Ha.

Not to mention the old ass Medicare recipients who suck off the government teat while paying no taxes who skew heavily republican. People forget our elderly are included in that 47%.

This is more bullshit moocher class rhetoric from Romney although he's unwilling to admit much of his vote comes from the moocher class.

DarrinS
09-17-2012, 05:43 PM

You and boutons think alike.

djohn2oo8
09-17-2012, 05:43 PM
Alledgedly, there's more to come from the fundraiser.

Koolaid_Man
09-17-2012, 05:48 PM
From an election standpoint, everything he said is true.

All other things being equal he would have a better chance of being elected if he was hispanic.

There are 47% of the people who are gonna support Obama no matter what. Romney has to convince the 5-6% in the middle to vote for him to have any chance of winning the election.

And the message of lower taxes doesn't resonate with those dependent on government.

All true statements.

yep just like these:

The government lied about inventing the HIV virus as a means of genocide against people of color. The government lied.
Jeremiah Wright (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/j/jeremiahwr409135.html)

We started the AIDS virus. We are only able to maintain our level of living by making sure that Third World people live in grinding poverty.
Jeremiah Wright (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/j/jeremiahwr409136.html)

In the 21st century, white America got a wake-up call after 9/11/01. White America and the western world came to realize that people of color had not gone away, faded into the woodwork or just 'disappeared' as the Great White West kept on its merry way of ignoring black concerns.
Jeremiah Wright (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/j/jeremiahwr409139.html)

America is still the No. 1 killer in the world.
Jeremiah Wright (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/j/jeremiahwr409140.html)

We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost.

baseline bum
09-17-2012, 05:56 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2tuhblZQ51roarllo2_400.jpg

Reck
09-17-2012, 06:49 PM
This guy is actually way dumber than Bush. Holy shit that's saying alot.

Spurminator
09-17-2012, 06:52 PM

Well, if boutons believes that a significant portion of that 47% are probably voting Republican, then he's right this time. Do you disagree?

Jacob1983
09-17-2012, 07:32 PM
Sad but true. If he was Latino, he could guilt evil whitey into voting for him just like Obama did in 2008. Obama made a lot of white voters feel guilty for being white so they thought they would be forgiven if they voted for the first half black president in America.

DarrinS
09-17-2012, 07:42 PM
Well, if boutons believes that a significant portion of that 47% are probably voting Republican, then he's right this time. Do you disagree?

I was referring to your description of low income whites

"You mean to tell me you think every Confederate flag waving, Wal-Mart shopping trailer park disability-check cashing redneck is voting Democrat in this election?"

Spurminator
09-17-2012, 08:16 PM
I was referring to your description of low income whites

"You mean to tell me you think every Confederate flag waving, Wal-Mart shopping trailer park disability-check cashing redneck is voting Democrat in this election?"

:lol Look, there are people that fit that description. I used them as an extreme example to prove a point. If you thought I was describing all low income Republican voters, then that's just you being overly sensitive as usual.

Latarian Milton
09-17-2012, 08:35 PM
i think it'd be more helpful for him if he weren't born to a mormonism family imho

cheguevara
09-18-2012, 01:24 AM
messican or not, that sure is one stupid motherfucker

Bush Jr. is looking better and better :lmao

AussieFanKurt
09-18-2012, 02:01 AM
i think it'd be more helpful for him if he weren't born to a mormonism family imho

Agreed, who can take a man who believes Jesus was in Utah seriously?

Joseph Smith dumb dumb dumb

Wild Cobra
09-18-2012, 02:29 AM
LOL...

Look at the liberals biting on this one...

Silly ankle biters.

Oh, Gee!!
09-18-2012, 09:03 AM
"I mean, I say that jokingly," he adds, "but it would be helpful to be Latino."

*crickets*

and it's not even a funny joke on top of everything else.

rascal
09-18-2012, 06:33 PM

Ha.

Most of them are not even voting.

Clipper Nation
09-18-2012, 06:40 PM
Most of them are not even voting.
You wish they weren't voting because it makes Willard look bad, but those toothless, racist, hypocrite rednecks will be out at the polls only due to their loathing of the black president, tbh....

boutons_deux
09-18-2012, 06:57 PM
He said he was unemployed :lol

He said he really wanted to fight in the Viet Nam war :lol

Now he says he wants to be a Mexican :lol

Doesn't he realize that only Randian moochers in the 47% die in bullshit wars, and many of them are no-future poor Hispanics looking for any job? :lol

rascal
09-18-2012, 08:56 PM
He wouldn't win because he would lose the bigot vote.

ElNono
09-18-2012, 09:44 PM
He wouldn't survive the primaries...

Drachen
09-18-2012, 09:47 PM
He wouldn't survive the primaries...

This is what I was thinking this whole time.