PDA

View Full Version : Pet peeve on the basketball court

AussieFanKurt
09-18-2012, 06:14 AM
Now I'm assuming most of you play/have played so what annoys you the most?

I just played and my pet peeve is those oxygen thieves who every time there's contract cry out arghhhhhh and bitch like a little girl. Play the fucking game..

:wakeup Just curious

Venti Quattro
09-18-2012, 07:41 AM
I fucking hate players who like to dribble to their heart's content.

TheRealCB
09-18-2012, 07:45 AM
Not boxing out and expecting me to beat 3 players for the ball.Drives me nuts.

Clipper Nation
09-18-2012, 07:46 AM
Rapists who hog the ball, chuck up low-percentage shots, and throw their teammates under the bus, tbh...

Venti Quattro
09-18-2012, 07:48 AM
Not boxing out and expecting me to beat 3 players for the ball.Drives me nuts.

:lmao :lmao I want to punch those people in the throat.

I also hate players who just watch on defense and then give me THAT look when I fail to stop someone from scoring. Fuck you.

TheRealCB
09-18-2012, 08:25 AM
:lmao :lmao I want to punch those people in the throat.

I also hate players who just watch on defense and then give me THAT look when I fail to stop someone from scoring. Fuck you.
I don't give a fuck about them not playing D,it gives me more chances for blocks :lol

DisAsTerBot
09-18-2012, 09:50 AM
when you're waiting on some dudes to ball and they never get out of their car

monosylab1k
09-18-2012, 09:51 AM
Dickwads who call fouls for every little thing are annoying, but even worse are guys who get pissed when you call a legit foul, saying crap like "i been getting fouled all game and haven't called shit!" like that makes them anything but a retard for not calling a legit foul. of course they say they're too tough to call fouls but they sure like to bitch about all those uncalled nonfoul fouls after the game, especially after they lose.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
09-18-2012, 09:53 AM
lmao

monosylab1k
09-18-2012, 09:54 AM

rofl

TDMVPDPOY
09-18-2012, 11:57 AM
chuckers who think they are kobe/mj, i despise those fcks and sometime i reject them even when they are on my team...

flipspursfan
09-18-2012, 12:02 PM
the guys who hold the ball for the whole damn play and call for plays, and then suddenly shits the bed. fuck those guys

UZER
09-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Passive aggressive black guy....I'm gonna try hard until I realize I cant take you. Then I'm gonna start giggling and laughing at you like why are you trying so hard its just a game.

Lincoln
09-18-2012, 02:17 PM
Guy who always tries to throw Nash passes no looks, behind the back, through the legs etc

cantthinkofanything
09-18-2012, 02:59 PM
people calling charges

but also the dude responding to this by pointing to an imaginary restricted area

Proxy
09-18-2012, 03:02 PM
you're down and some idiot keeps bricking 3s

Darth_Pelican
09-18-2012, 03:19 PM
snowbirds who don't play D

Trill Clinton
09-18-2012, 03:20 PM
nothing.

too busy doing work to be worried about the next man.

cantthinkofanything
09-18-2012, 03:23 PM
nothing.

too busy doing work to be worried about the next man.

shit mah nigga...

no matter how much work you do, you can't overlook those motherfuckers who increase their calls of palming, traveling, and charging as it gets closer to game.

Dex
09-18-2012, 03:25 PM
People who don't watch for the roll. Sucks missing out on easy baskets because some asshat doesn't know how to pass or is too busy dribbling around the perimeter to chuck up a contested three.

romsey31
09-18-2012, 03:29 PM
guys who brag about how good they "used" to be

Ryan Fitzpatrick
09-18-2012, 03:30 PM
black guy.

lefty
09-18-2012, 03:31 PM
Other ballers watching a game on the sidelines and trying to analyze another player of a specific play, as if they were coaches :lmao
Trying to look smart :lmao

UZER
09-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Dude that has absolutely no bball skills so nobody guards him, but can drain wide open three after three with the ugliest release.

Dex
09-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Dude that has absolutely no bball skills so nobody guards him, but can drain wide open three after three with the ugliest release.

Seems pretty simple to me.

1. Run him off the 3-point line
2. Watch him fumble into a turnover or throw up some crap shot
3. ?????
4. Profit

pawe
09-18-2012, 04:08 PM
Losers smoking weed on the courtside after they play.

UZER
09-18-2012, 04:13 PM
Seems pretty simple to me.

1. Run him off the 3-point line
2. Watch him fumble into a turnover or throw up some crap shot
3. ?????
4. Profit

Really?

Dex
09-18-2012, 04:25 PM
Really?

Really.

BUMP
09-18-2012, 05:12 PM
As a large human being, I would have to say guys that don't know how to play with post players. A few examples

1) If I'm down there sealing off a guy half my size, give me the fucking ball. Don't jack up a 3, tell me to clear out, or stare at me then reverse it to the other side.

2) I always have a friend who sets a fucking pick on my man when I'm posting up, clogging up the rest of the lane. Never seen anyone else do this

3) Guard who's not really a post player, who thinks he is all of a sudden, and just sits in the middle of the lane the whole game preventing the real big dogs from going to work

Venti Quattro
09-18-2012, 05:16 PM
I hate people who don't run back on defense and then expect the ball.

ALVAREZ6
09-18-2012, 05:29 PM
people who don't give a full effort on defense

I'm competitive, hate losing, and nothing pisses me off more when I'm not making mistakes on offense, focusing and busting my ass on D, while a teammate or two consistently slack on defense. Some guys simply aren't in shape or are too fat, but give a decent effort. You can always tell the faggots that are supposedly too cool for defense that look to be in shape enough to stay with their man and not defend like a faggot that doesn't know how to play defense.

dirk4mvp
09-18-2012, 06:18 PM
nigs

it is scientifically proven all of them think they are Hot Sauce, Kobe, or a dynamic combination of the two.

DMC
09-18-2012, 07:27 PM
People who say "there's too many people, we have to play full court" and don't get back on D so it's basically 1 on 3 on defense on the break. Then they expect you to pass it to them when they are cherry picking.

BUMP
09-18-2012, 08:06 PM
To avoid all these problems, I always play with atleast 2 or 3 people I know. Otherwise, I get stuck with some nig ballhog that pisses me off and I either beat him up or just walk off the court.

Not to mention, my friends and I are all white/smart and we always beat the stereotypical, retarded fresh out of high school nigs who waste 10 minutes before the game attempting impossible dunks that never go in

Samuel Eto'o
09-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Guys that try to dribble, shoot, post-up, or do anything that doesn't involve passing me the damn ball.

AussieFanKurt
09-18-2012, 08:29 PM
People who have their size but don't use it. They are everywhere. Big guys who are perimeter players or average 1 rebound a game. In school I lead my team in rebounding as one of the shortest players. Hate big guys who just stand there and expect the ball to come to them. Jump for christ sake you'll be able to take the ball off the rim :bang

timtonymanu
09-18-2012, 09:21 PM
The one player that is being triple teamed but still feels the need to throw up the shot and get it swatted. Then gets mad at his teammates because they weren't "open."

AussieFanKurt
09-18-2012, 09:23 PM
The one player that is being triple teamed but still feels the need to throw up the shot and get it swatted. Then gets mad at his teammates because they weren't "open."

So true.

"Get open or cut the the basket guys, FUCK. I had no choice" is a typical statement from those players

irishock
09-18-2012, 09:29 PM
The distance between the corner 3pt line and the out of bounds line.

fevertrees
09-19-2012, 12:25 AM
being picked last all the time due to my skin color/weight

TE
09-19-2012, 12:32 AM
Having 30+ year old phillipinos try all this and-1 shit only to have their shit taken and whatnot.

Fat people who can't play a lick of defense and resort to fouling the shit out of the person they defend.

Stupid faggots who shoot the team out of the game.

People who play like it's a soccer game...with the attire and all :lol

TE
09-19-2012, 12:36 AM

:lol

TimDunkem
09-19-2012, 12:43 AM
Passive aggressive black guy....I'm gonna try hard until I realize I cant take you. Then I'm gonna start giggling and laughing at you like why are you trying so hard its just a game.
lol There's always one of those.

blkroadrunners
09-19-2012, 01:41 AM
Defending the pick and roll. Teammates won't communicate either verbally and/or physically, and it will end up with the opponent shooting a wide open basket or an easy drive to the basket. That crap grinds my gears.

AussieFanKurt
09-19-2012, 03:03 AM
Fat people who can't play a lick of defense and resort to fouling the shit out of the person they defend.

I always get tunnelled and have feet put under me by fat people when I shoot 3s and they just flagrant foul but get away with it outta pity from the ref

FkLA
09-19-2012, 03:25 AM
Niggas that dont know their role suck. I hate people with average handles that try to call for picks or direct people on offense. They just need to give me the ball tbh.

TheRealCB
09-19-2012, 04:21 AM
Also,the D-Wade clones..Get your head down,charge for the hoop,change directions every second step,then hoist a prayer while out of balance and cry for the foul...

Seriously,give me the chucker any day before this guy.

AussieFanKurt
09-19-2012, 04:25 AM
People who talk trash but are shit at it. Yawn.. shut up

Seventyniner
09-19-2012, 08:52 AM
People who overestimate their abilities.That's about 99.5% of people anyway.

Phillip
09-19-2012, 09:09 AM
biggest pet peeve? when that crippled faggot Edward tries to play basketball.

fuck that guy

UZER
09-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Guys that never pass to you when you roll to the bucket, but then get mad at you when they roll and you don't give it up...especially when they throw tantrums about it.

cantthinkofanything
09-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Guys that try to prove they are badass but then when they miss a dunk, they pull down there pants and poop on the court and then run off.

Ashy Larry
09-19-2012, 02:28 PM
the guy who shows up in all Jordan gear and can't play for shit ........

the guy who shoots the ball, bricks, and then looks at his hands, blow in them or blames the wind ........

the AND1 dribbler who dribbles for 35 seconds, shoots and then watches the ball as it hits the ground because it didn't hit the rim.

resistanze
09-19-2012, 02:51 PM

the guy who shoots the ball, bricks, and then looks at his hands, blow in them or blames the wind ........

:rollin Always.

Venti Quattro
09-19-2012, 03:27 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Lincoln
09-19-2012, 03:39 PM
I play a lot at my gym and I always get picked up by the old guys because they need a pure shooter. They're all like 40-55 year old men that played in HS and some college. We shit on the other team full of ahrletic teenage nigs because we all know how to cut and get open for shots :lol

It helps when there's a 6'5 overseas player that's on your team though. He's the tallest one there

Lincoln
09-19-2012, 03:40 PM
He plays like a guard too not a post so he will just sprint up the court and shoot a pull up 3 and wet

FkLA
09-19-2012, 03:50 PM

:lol

You will always find atleast one of these if you stay at any gym for an hour or so. Usually they add insult to injury by being really loud too, asking who has next and if you can pick them up as soon as they walk into the gym. Those are some shameless faggots tbh.

Leetonidas
09-19-2012, 03:58 PM
People who play street or pickup ball don't know shit about working in the low block...guys get all butthurt when you try to post on them or back them down, that shit is annoying. Or the guy who tries to post by just lowering his shoulder and bulldozing through the lane then tosses up some retarded Tiago-esque flip brick.

Lincoln
09-19-2012, 04:08 PM
The guy who stays in the corner and defenses leave him open because he can't shoot for shit. He will get the ball and jack up an open 3 air ball rather than swing it

Lincoln
09-19-2012, 04:08 PM
6'2 big guys that chuck up 3s with horrible form rather than dudleying niggas in the paint

djohn2oo8
09-19-2012, 04:39 PM
When you literally have to wave you arm to call for the ball being open, and your teammate thinks he's Kobe shooting over two defenders and airballin it.

The Gemini Method
09-19-2012, 04:41 PM
Fuckers who speak in their native tongues when they're on your team and then get mad because you dominate their under 5'2 motherfuckin' shorty frames.

BUMP
09-19-2012, 04:50 PM
.guys get all butthurt when you try to post on them or back them down, that shit is annoying.

:lol my favorite are the ones who have no chance to stop you so they think it's fair to foul the shit out of you o offset the height difference. Even funnie are the ones who think its legit defense (n!ggers)

I'm too prideful to call foul so I usually give them a stuff arm/elbow to the face after awhile

UZER
09-19-2012, 05:09 PM
Guy that thinks he too good to even have to call a foul. He just drops the ball in the middle of his drive and slooowly starts walking to the top of the key.

A variation will be him just dropping the ball mid drive and yelling "man ball up!", while walking to the top of the key.

And its usually because you just stripped the ball clean, or cut him off so he has nowhere to go.

DMC
09-19-2012, 05:44 PM
Anybody who thinks that, because they received the ball, it's one on one time.

Also, on offense, 2 on 1 break, dude won't throw me the oop.

TIMMYD!
09-19-2012, 06:52 PM
People who see you are open, hesitate, then pass the ball after the defender notices, making it too late for the open shot but then expecting you to make something out of it.

bdictjames
09-20-2012, 10:15 AM
People who spend tons of time talking rather than actually starting a game.

People who call their fouls at the end of the game when the score is pretty tight. And then they argue about the score, and it seems that the game will never end.

People who can't keep score, really. You see that everywhere. It seems your math skills go down when you play basketball.

clambake
09-20-2012, 10:18 AM
people that bitch when i carry the ball like a football, and plow my way to the hoop.

ohmwrecker
09-21-2012, 05:35 PM
Short mother fuckers who can't shoot that pass me the ball everytime I'm anywhere near the hoop and start yelling, "Dunk it.!"

mavs>spurs
09-21-2012, 05:48 PM
People who don't even make honest plays at the ball and just foul the whole time knowing that you wont call all of them in order to make up for the talent gap. Or like Bump said they think it's fair bc the person is too big for them in the post :lol

People who ballhog and/or have low bball iq. When I make a cut to the hoop and am wide open I don't want some dumb nig standing there dribbling the ball not even looking at me then jacking up a 20 footer.

People who complain and cry about literally everything. Phantom calls, phantom traveling calls, etc and then argue their shitty position for 30 minutes before offering to "shoot for it." It's like no, you only want to shoot for it because you know it's not yours in the first place.

That one weak defensive link who thinks they get to coast on d because there are 4 solid defenders. Everyone plays perfect D and then that asshole still manages to get burned by his man every last time.

Cocky fuckers who talk shit, especially when you're holding them to 33% shooting but that one shot out of every 3 they feel obligated to run their mouth.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
09-21-2012, 05:50 PM
people that bitch when i carry the ball like a football, and plow my way to the hoop.
I call that the "Jerommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmme!"

Roger Freemason Jr.
09-21-2012, 06:43 PM
Short guys with Napoleon complex. People who think backing down in the post is a foul, little kids with big mouths, the cherry-pickers, the fake Stockton, the 1 for 14 guy, and last but not least, the guy who is over physical after being taken to the hoop or schooled in the post.

whitemamba
09-21-2012, 06:46 PM
when you blatantly get fouled, and the guy freaks out swearing he didn't touch you....

UZER
09-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Guy that wants to be physical hack and grab on D, then calls every ticky tac touch on the other end

ClipperLuva
09-21-2012, 08:01 PM
The guy who plows your wife relentlessly as you listen from your couch.

AussieFanKurt
10-24-2012, 06:04 AM
wankers who don't know the rules but continue to argue every call