PDA

View Full Version : Oguchi to San Antonio?

Duncan2177
09-18-2012, 11:20 AM
NBA team, Miami Heat have showed a second interest in adding Nigerian small forward, Chamberlain Oguchi to their 15-man roster.

Oguchi has already worked out with Heat in early September. The guard also worked out at San Antonio Spurs in the wake of reports linking him to several NBA teams after an impressive show at the summer Olympics in London with Nigeria's D'Tigers.

“Took my talents to South Beach and had a great showing. Coach Spo and staff are amazing. Now time to take my talents to San Antonio,“ Oguchi recently wrote on his Twitter page.

http://www.supersport.com/xtra/basketball/news/120917/Miami_Heat_turn_to_Oguchi

flipspursfan
09-18-2012, 11:27 AM
Implying the guy actually has any talent.

sananspursfan21
09-18-2012, 12:55 PM
Implying the guy actually has any talent.

his nickname is "champ" per wiki fwiw

Venti Quattro
09-18-2012, 01:23 PM
Sign him with a contract paying him with KFC. Throw in some money and you're good to go.

Vic Petro
09-18-2012, 01:42 PM
See you in the Finals. :downspin:

sananspursfan21
09-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Sign him with a contract paying him with KFC. Throw in some money and you're good to go.

He's from Africa, they don't eat KFC. they eat boiled peanuts.

Vic Petro
09-18-2012, 02:51 PM
He's from Africa, they don't eat KFC. they eat boiled peanuts.

I read all your posts as if they were sung by Billy Ocean to the tune of "When The Going Gets Tough"

Hooks
09-18-2012, 02:58 PM
He's listed at 6'6 200lbs, an undersized SF? Unless he' a lockdown defender, no thanks. Imagine this guy playing small ball PF...

G-Dawgg
09-18-2012, 07:13 PM
Wow.. the Spurs are in a serious hunt for small forwards.... -what does this mean?

SenorSpur
09-18-2012, 09:04 PM
The Spurs are in serious hunt for international players. That would be fine if some of these guy were 6'9" or taller.

Hooks
09-18-2012, 11:48 PM
Wow.. the Spurs are in a serious hunt for small forwards.... -what does this mean?

Neal+Jackson+Blair for 1st round pick or big man? Neal has a replacement in De Colo and Mills who can both run the point, Jack is an expiring contract and can be signed in the off season if they wish (I think), and we all know about Blair. Leonard's minutes should also increase to 30+ this year, same with Green who'll get more playing time.

The Spurs told Lorbek they didn't want to sign him because they wanted a more physical center.

They are also in rebuilding phase next year, the only guys they have under contract are Parker, Kawhi, De Colo and Duncan. They could get a decent 1st round pick which makes sense.

8FOR!3
09-19-2012, 12:14 PM

By the looks of the guys we're going after, it probably means Pop is just considering carrying an end of the bench 3rd SF.

sananspursfan21
09-19-2012, 02:26 PM
I read all your posts as if they were sung by Billy Ocean to the tune of "When The Going Gets Tough"

:lmao

i like "calypso love", that's what i envision my posts as

SenorSpur
09-19-2012, 08:49 PM
:lmao

i like "calypso love", that's what i envision my posts as

I think you may be referring to "Calypso Funkin". Great song!

Now you've got me hummin' it.

outmap
09-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Got to see this guy play, great shooter and that's about it. Can't defend, can't rebound, can't handle the ball, etc. Gary Neal 2.0

yavozerb
09-19-2012, 09:47 PM
Its called Small Ball and we will see it ALOT in the coming season..Looking for another sf cause you will be seeing SJax playing the 4 a whole bunch..It is what it is so we might as well embrace it.

Kidd K
09-20-2012, 12:18 AM
Neal+Jackson+Blair for 1st round pick or big man? Neal has a replacement in De Colo and Mills who can both run the point, Jack is an expiring contract and can be signed in the off season if they wish (I think), and we all know about Blair. Leonard's minutes should also increase to 30+ this year, same with Green who'll get more playing time.

The Spurs told Lorbek they didn't want to sign him because they wanted a more physical center.

They are also in rebuilding phase next year, the only guys they have under contract are Parker, Kawhi, De Colo and Duncan. They could get a decent 1st round pick which makes sense.

That doesn't mean it's a "rebuilding phase", it just means they have cap flexibility. The Spurs won't rebuild until Duncan retires, at which point they're likely tanking for at least two years to refresh the deck with a couple high draft pick studs. Though I suspect that we will "coincidently" drop well below our statistically projected draft position should we ever tank for picks again. If we were in line for say the #2 or #3 pick, I bet we'd drop to 7-8.

sananspursfan21
09-20-2012, 01:20 PM
I think you may be referring to "Calypso Funkin". Great song!

Now you've got me hummin' it.

lol not quite, i meant "calypso crazy" but yeah that one's great too, don't have the original album for that one....atleast not yet :king

SenorSpur
09-21-2012, 10:50 AM
lol not quite, i meant "calypso crazy" but yeah that one's great too, don't have the original album for that one....atleast not yet :king

Haven't heard "Calypso Crazy", but I'm gonna research it now that you've mentioned it. (shoulder jiggle starting now....) :elephant

sananspursfan21
09-21-2012, 10:06 PM
Haven't heard "Calypso Crazy", but I'm gonna research it now that you've mentioned it. (shoulder jiggle starting now....) :elephant

hahaha great great song, seasonal song though.. i can only listen to it in the summer

TDMVPDPOY
09-22-2012, 02:28 AM
if the spurs are stocking up SF...then fail...

AussieFanKurt
09-22-2012, 03:38 AM
we stacked

buttsR4rebounding
09-22-2012, 09:04 AM
That doesn't mean it's a "rebuilding phase", it just means they have cap flexibility. The Spurs won't rebuild until Duncan retires, at which point they're likely tanking for at least two years to refresh the deck with a couple high draft pick studs. Though I suspect that we will "coincidently" drop well below our statistically projected draft position should we ever tank for picks again. If we were in line for say the #2 or #3 pick, I bet we'd drop to 7-8.

You cannot drop more than 3 places under the current draft rules. They draw for the top 3 spots only. So under your scenario we could not end up with worse than a 5 or 6 pick. Even that is VERY unlikely. Statiscally speaking the odds of dropping more than 1 spot are very tiny...:wakeup.