PDA

View Full Version : My rebuttle and apology to the Spurs & their fans

3rdCoast
06-25-2005, 09:06 PM
Throughout the season, I have made it clear that I am a Shaq fan first and a fan of whatever team he plays for. When he first came into the league in Orlando, I was a Magic fan. When he ventured to LA, I was the biggest Laker fan in San Antonio and I loved the heated play off rivalries between the Lakers and the Spurs. I felt like shit when the Spurs dominated LA and I nearly had a heart attack when Fisher nailed that 0.4 shot that eventually propelled LA to the finals.

Throughout all the years, I have always, not so much disliked, but rooted against the Spurs. I have called Tim Duncan soft and a pussy. I have called Manu a big nosed, flopper that needs to get knocked out. I have called them everyname you could think of and I have rooted against them for the mere fact that if my team, whatever team Shaq is on, can't win, then I don't want the Spurs to win and have any glory.

Well, after seeing the Spurs throughout the playoff's this season, I have to give in. I can't help but be happy for the Spurs after the beat a FUCKING TOUGH Denver team. After the beat a thugged out Sonics team, and basically ripped apart what I thought was the best team in the West, the Phoenix Suns. Once the Finals started, I thought for sure SA would get smacked around and lose in 5. NOPE. I was dead wrong again and I have nothing but respect for the Spurs now. Tim Duncan is not as hard as some other players in terms of pushing ans shoving, but mentally, he is as tough as they come. Tony Parker, Manu, Bowen and Nazr are all top notch in my book. I enjoyed watching the play-offs and I enjoyed a great game 7.

Don't get me wrong, I still love Shaq and will cheer for him til he retires, but the Spurs now have one more fan. Not because they won the title, but because they worked so damn hard and didn't ever give up. I would have written this post even had they lost. After beating Denver, Seattle, and Phoenix - I AM IMPRESSED. But to come out and take care of Detroit like they did, I am amazed.

You will not hear me talk shit about Duncan or any other Spurs anymore. Congrats to the Spurs from a lifelong hater - NOW A former hater that respects this team.

midgetonadonkey
06-25-2005, 09:20 PM
I'm glad you came around but FUCK YOU :flipoff for rooting against them in the first place.

Shaq is a pussy.

E20
06-25-2005, 09:22 PM
tx3rdcoastborn was a Spur hater? I've never seen any posts from you hating on the Spurs. Well welcome to the wagon!

conversekid
06-25-2005, 10:01 PM
I'm glad you came around but FUCK YOU :flipoff for rooting against them in the first place.

Shaq is a pussy.

When people show your team respect, you don't respond this way. He's not bandwagoning... he's showing respect for the hard work our fellas have done and what they have accomplished. It's a sign of respect I appreciate. I think it is a sign of what possibly awaits the Spurs now. People that continue to hate on Tim will be exposed as the jealous hatas they are. Please don't repay the respect with disrespect.

Thanks for appreciating our team.

midgetonadonkey
06-25-2005, 10:03 PM
It is bandwagoning, if the Spurs had lost, he would be here talking shit.

bigbendbruisebrother
06-25-2005, 10:04 PM
Remove user from ignore list tx3rdcoastborn

YES.

ObiwanGinobili
06-25-2005, 10:06 PM
Throughout the season, I have made it clear that I am a Shaq fan first and a fan of whatever team he plays for. When he first came into the league in Orlando, I was a Magic fan. When he ventured to LA, I was the biggest Laker fan in San Antonio and I loved the heated play off rivalries between the Lakers and the Spurs. I felt like shit when the Spurs dominated LA and I nearly had a heart attack when Fisher nailed that 0.4 shot that eventually propelled LA to the finals.

Throughout all the years, I have always, not so much disliked, but rooted against the Spurs. I have called Tim Duncan soft and a pussy. I have called Manu a big nosed, flopper that needs to get knocked out. I have called them everyname you could think of and I have rooted against them for the mere fact that if my team, whatever team Shaq is on, can't win, then I don't want the Spurs to win and have any glory.

Well, after seeing the Spurs throughout the playoff's this season, I have to give in. I can't help but be happy for the Spurs after the beat a FUCKING TOUGH Denver team. After the beat a thugged out Sonics team, and basically ripped apart what I thought was the best team in the West, the Phoenix Suns. Once the Finals started, I thought for sure SA would get smacked around and lose in 5. NOPE. I was dead wrong again and I have nothing but respect for the Spurs now. Tim Duncan is not as hard as some other players in terms of pushing ans shoving, but mentally, he is as tough as they come. Tony Parker, Manu, Bowen and Nazr are all top notch in my book. I enjoyed watching the play-offs and I enjoyed a great game 7.

Don't get me wrong, I still love Shaq and will cheer for him til he retires, but the Spurs now have one more fan. Not because they won the title, but because they worked so damn hard and didn't ever give up. I would have written this post even had they lost. After beating Denver, Seattle, and Phoenix - I AM IMPRESSED. But to come out and take care of Detroit like they did, I am amazed.

You will not hear me talk shit about Duncan or any other Spurs anymore. Congrats to the Spurs from a lifelong hater - NOW A former hater that respects this team.

holy crap dude.
Way to come around.
It;s hard ot take the lumps so big time props to you. :tu

BTW- after this whole t-park fiasco, I;'m sure you don't mind if I make a hard copy of this - just in case.
I'm not saying I have any reason to doubt you. _ I don;t . I'm sure you mean it. BUt , nowadays, you can't be sure. :sad

anyway! Welcome to the wagon! there's always plenty of room!!! :princess

Sense
06-25-2005, 10:06 PM
It is bandwagoning, if the Spurs had lost, he would be here talking shit.

He never was a Spurs Fan how is this bandwagoning?

Dude just shut up..people like you fuck threads up..

tx...I'm glad you noticed the Spurs finally... I just hope more people start doing this so that they get a better sense of the game, and what it's all about.

atlfan25
06-25-2005, 10:07 PM
fuck, that was a decently long post. will u be keeping that shit up?

OmEgA
06-25-2005, 10:11 PM
midgetonadonkey :pctoss :depressed :rolleyes

tx3rdcoastborn :blah :spin :smokin

TNT21
06-25-2005, 10:21 PM
If you can't beat them, join them!! Anyway welcome aboard! Oh and PS, Fuck Shaq!

Pistons < Spurs
06-25-2005, 10:23 PM

Mighty big of ya. Well said! It IS difficult to not respect this team.

Spursdaone
06-25-2005, 10:26 PM
We liked you better when you hated the spurs but now that you like the spurs but still are Heat fan is pretty lame. This is for Shaq. :flipoff

Robert E. Lee
06-26-2005, 02:13 AM
-bump-

Horry For 3!
06-26-2005, 03:13 AM
My step-dad's friend coached Shaq when he went to High School in SA.

Horry For 3!
06-26-2005, 03:14 AM
My step-dad was tellin me stories about Shaq that he used to be hella skinny and COULD shoot free throws lmfao He said LSU fucked him over and made him bulk up too fast and they messed up his shot. So thats how you know he SUCKS at fts.