PDA

View Full Version : Buying from Amazon.com

Fabbs
09-18-2012, 05:56 PM
I have had fantastic success. So far.

However, sometimes the prices are below wholesale. Which had my auto alignment place asking, "Make sure the shocks are really from Monroe. We've had parts priced too good to be true to find out they were faulty or returned parts. OTOH they could be a parts distribution warehouse that is liquidating and could be 100% legit."

Monroe is closed so I'm gonna have to do more digging tommorow a.m.

Have you purchased from Amazon or other online sites and gotten such low prices you wondered if they were genuine?

$48 per shock.

Blake
09-18-2012, 06:35 PM
$6 shipping included for my android phone battery

DMC
09-18-2012, 06:58 PM
The phone batteries you get on the cheap are shitty.

Blake
09-18-2012, 07:55 PM
The phone batteries you get on the cheap are shitty.

Even if they are the HTC brand?

I should get it in a few days, so I'll report back.

Capt Bringdown
09-18-2012, 09:55 PM
Their overseas shipping execution is flawless and reasonably priced. The last book I ordered from them via standard shipping arrived here in 8 days.

DMC
09-18-2012, 09:59 PM
Even if they are the HTC brand?

I should get it in a few days, so I'll report back.

I ordered some a couple years ago for BB and they came with the wrapping and all that for the name brand but the batteries were different, the wrapping was obviously fake and the batteries lasted an hour or less. Never go that route again.

Drachen
09-18-2012, 10:01 PM
I bought some cheap batteries and they were very good, but only for about 9 months.

2pac > Kobe
09-18-2012, 10:44 PM
Fuck amazon, they sent me some broke shit

I forgot to send it back but still

IronMexican
09-18-2012, 11:04 PM
I just got charged tax on an order. It was terrible.

leemajors
09-19-2012, 05:33 AM
I just got charged tax on an order. It was terrible.

Yeah that went into effect for CA this week, TX started a month or two ago.

leemajors
09-19-2012, 05:33 AM
I have had fantastic success. So far.

However, sometimes the prices are below wholesale. Which had my auto alignment place asking, "Make sure the shocks are really from Monroe. We've had parts priced too good to be true to find out they were faulty or returned parts. OTOH they could be a parts distribution warehouse that is liquidating and could be 100% legit."

Monroe is closed so I'm gonna have to do more digging tommorow a.m.

Have you purchased from Amazon or other online sites and gotten such low prices you wondered if they were genuine?

$48 per shock.

www.rockauto.com

Fabbs
09-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Well Monroe claims since the part # is indented onto the shock then it is indeed theirs. Any further info like where it came from, was it a returned shock and the rep got pretty impatient and just stuck with "If our Monroe part # is stamped on it then we made it."

I wonder if they are testy because perhaps the parts are foreign made? (I don't know I'm just asking.)

^^ rockauto.com yes i have wondered about their off the hook prices too. Another one is autohauzAZ.com

leemajors
09-19-2012, 10:54 AM
Well Monroe claims since the part # is indented onto the shock then it is indeed theirs. Any further info like where it came from, was it a returned shock and the rep got pretty impatient and just stuck with "If our Monroe part # is stamped on it then we made it."

I wonder if they are testy because perhaps the parts are foreign made? (I don't know I'm just asking.)

^^ rockauto.com yes i have wondered about their off the hook prices too. Another one is autohauzAZ.com

I got all the engine mounts and a fuel filter for my old saturn for $75.

Fabbs
09-19-2012, 12:18 PM
I got all the engine mounts and a fuel filter for my old saturn for $75.
The Q. is quality and legitimacy of brand name parts.
Far as you can tell the engine mounts and ff were and are fine?

Good source told me reason Monroe was so tight lipped about where they came from/went to is liability. IF, repeat IF these were returns and got accidently reshipped out and IF it was due to any error on Monroes part, Monroe would be opened up for huge lawsuit if they failed and crashee got Lionel Hutz atty at law.

leemajors
09-19-2012, 12:29 PM
The Q. is quality and legitimacy of brand name parts.
Far as you can tell the engine mounts and ff were and are fine?

Good source told me reason Monroe was so tight lipped about where they came from/went to is liability. IF, repeat IF these were returns and got accidently reshipped out and IF it was due to any error on Monroes part, Monroe would be opened up for huge lawsuit if they failed and crashee got Lionel Hutz atty at law.

They seemed fine, my buddy worked in a garage for 4-5 years and installed them for me. He said they were solid parts. The mounts have made a huge difference, there were three of them.

Chris
09-19-2012, 01:08 PM
They have free shipping if you order stuff from their warehouse which is usually very cheap. I also use their MP3 store/cloud storage

Fabbs
10-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Wow. By accident i ordered the wrong part and on another order 1 too many. Brake pads, i thought one box only contained one side. Turns out one box has both sides.
Sweet voiced Phillipino Amazon rep is going to send me shipping labels for full refund!