PDA

View Full Version : Nuclear Rod missing in Texas

Drachen
09-18-2012, 10:16 PM
It seems that a nuclear rod went missing in transit on 9/11. Halliburton and the Texas National Guard are looking for it.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/9/18/3351490/halliburton-national-guard-lost-radioactive-rod-texas

Is anyone here in the oil business and familiar with this type of rod and its capabilities?

SnakeBoy
09-18-2012, 10:38 PM
Doesn't seem like that big of a deal if it just fell off the truck. All they have to do is keep tabs on the ER's until a mexican shows up with radiation poisoning.

InRareForm
09-18-2012, 10:44 PM
Walt and Jesse did it?

MannyIsGod
09-18-2012, 10:48 PM
If its radioactive and it fell off a truck they should have absolutely no trouble finding it. In other words, if they're looking for it still then I really doubt it just fell off a truck.

DMC
09-18-2012, 10:50 PM
It's probably spent. Just dangerous, maybe a dirty bomb could be made using it's fragments as projectiles. They could evacuate half of Houston.

mavs>spurs
09-18-2012, 10:53 PM
Maybe they should ask wild cobra.

SnakeBoy
09-18-2012, 11:01 PM
Maybe they should ask wild cobra.

to triangulate it's location?

SnakeBoy
09-18-2012, 11:02 PM
Walt and Jesse did it?

:lol After my lame joke I thought man I should have posted what are Walt and Jesse up to now.

mavs>spurs
09-18-2012, 11:04 PM
to triangulate it's location?

WC is the world's expert on anything..I'm sure he could help.

SnakeBoy
09-18-2012, 11:39 PM
WC is the world's expert on anything..I'm sure he could help.

It might be easy for him. Let's see, they were traveling from Pecos to Odessa so he can figure out the route. Now if we could develop an algorithm to determine what size pothole would be required to dislodge a nuclear rod from a truck we could use google maps to identify possible potholes. Since the rod has not been easily found we can deduce that it must been dislodged by a pothole that is near a hill which has a creek at the bottom of it and bingo nuclear rod found.

Now get to work WC, your country needs you.

Drachen
09-19-2012, 12:02 AM
It might be easy for him. Let's see, they were traveling from Pecos to Odessa so he can figure out the route. Now if we could develop an algorithm to determine what size pothole would be required to dislodge a nuclear rod from a truck we could use google maps to identify possible potholes. Since the rod has not been easily found we can deduce that it must been dislodged by a pothole that is near a hill which has a creek at the bottom of it and bingo nuclear rod found.

Now get to work WC, your country needs you.

:lol

shadows, you forgot the shadows.

Latarian Milton
09-19-2012, 01:34 AM
a nuclear rod doesn't have a pussy and boobs so my guess is WC will have no interest in tracking it down imho