PDA

View Full Version : Stewart-O'reilly debate

RandomGuy
09-19-2012, 11:54 AM
Oh yes, I will pony up the dough to watch it live. :lol

48Bi9TKESkI

scott
09-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Awesome. Props to both of these guys (and Colbert too) for always being open to the "other side". I've always found O'Reilly's appearances on Daily Show/Colbert to be humorous and entertaining and not in a "gotcha" way. I think both of these guys have a lot of respect for one another, and it's refreshing to see.

TeyshaBlue
09-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Stewart vs O'Reilly? I can't imagine anything I'm less interested in tbh.

CosmicCowboy
09-19-2012, 12:20 PM

X2

I might pick it up on youtube later but I damn sure wouldn't pay for it.

CosmicCowboy
09-19-2012, 12:21 PM
This will be one of those where both "sides" claim victory.

coyotes_geek
09-19-2012, 12:27 PM

I can. Obama vs Romney.

Stewart and O'Reilly might actually say something intelligent and thought provoking. Obama and Romney are just going to see who can utter the phrase "different vision for America" the most.........

boutons_deux
09-19-2012, 12:29 PM
there'll be more seriousness and communication in this "debate" than in any Pres debate, where the "answers" never fit the questions or the point in play.

cheguevara
09-19-2012, 04:58 PM

this thread is about O'reilly vs. Stewart, not Obama vs. Romney

Clipper Nation
09-19-2012, 05:17 PM
O'RINO is completely and utterly nauseating, tbh....

CosmicCowboy
09-19-2012, 05:20 PM
O'RINO is completely and utterly nauseating, tbh....

Strange. Do you actually watch him? He's really pretty even handed and not a raving parade of tired one liners like Hannity. O'Reilly won't hesitate to take the Republicans to the woodshed when they deserve it.

Clipper Nation
09-19-2012, 05:21 PM
He reminds me of Newt - same old tired neocon statist BS, except he pretends like those ideas are new, intellectual, and enlightened when he says them....

CosmicCowboy
09-19-2012, 05:22 PM
*oh snap*

I just realized who posted. You don't like him because he dismissed Ron Paul as irrelevant because he has never had and never will have a chance of winning the Presidency.

jack sommerset
09-19-2012, 05:29 PM
I'm burned out on the whole political commentating stuff. I will pass on this one. God bless

SnakeBoy
09-19-2012, 05:33 PM
I'm burned out on the whole political commentating stuff. I will pass on this one. God bless

It's been only minutes since you were commenting on political stuff...what happened?

Clipper Nation
09-19-2012, 07:33 PM
You don't like him because he dismissed Ron Paul as irrelevant
I didn't like O'RINO even before that for the reason I stated, B...

mavs>spurs
09-19-2012, 07:34 PM

so basically it's just another spurstalk argument? :lol

DMC
09-19-2012, 07:34 PM
If Bill isn't in command of the mic, Stewart will ass rape him repeatedly. Bill has to have control of the segment so he can limit the responses to his red herrings.

DarrinS
09-19-2012, 08:16 PM
If Bill isn't in command of the mic, Stewart will ass rape him repeatedly. Bill has to have control of the segment so he can limit the responses to his red herrings.

Jon has the security blanket of being a comedian, which really doesn't make this "debate" anything other than entertainment.

Th'Pusher
09-19-2012, 08:35 PM
Jon has the security blanket of being a comedian, which really doesn't make this "debate" anything other than entertainment.

He has the security of being more intelligent. Orielly is a a moron with a bully pulpit.

jack sommerset
09-19-2012, 09:50 PM
It's been only minutes since you were commenting on political stuff...what happened?

Brother, I'm talking about the professional commentators and their shows. God bless

DMC
09-19-2012, 10:00 PM
Bill is the biggest blowhard bully on the planet. He pretends to be fair, asks "tough questions" but really just gets his point in and shut everyone else out.

Stewart doesn't need comedy, Bill provides it just on how serious he takes himself.

MannyIsGod
09-19-2012, 10:37 PM

:lmao

MannyIsGod
09-19-2012, 10:37 PM
so basically it's just another spurstalk argument? :lol

:lmao Wow even M>S with some goods. Thread is delivering.

MannyIsGod
09-19-2012, 10:39 PM

Stewart has displayed more intelligent commentary than nearly all cable news shows I've seen. The fact that he does so with wit doesn't change its still more sensible than anything on Fox, CNN, or MSNBC (with the exception of Maddow).

CosmicCowboy
09-19-2012, 10:44 PM
Stewart has displayed more intelligent commentary than nearly all cable news shows I've seen. The fact that he does so with wit doesn't change its still more sensible than anything on Fox, CNN, or MSNBC (with the exception of Maddow).

You just lost all credibility pimping Maddow. She is the lib version of Sean Hannity. They both suck.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-19-2012, 10:51 PM
Strange. Do you actually watch him? He's really pretty even handed and not a raving parade of tired one liners like Hannity. O'Reilly won't hesitate to take the Republicans to the woodshed when they deserve it.

This coming from the guy who thinks Fox News broadcasts are objective.

Jacob1983
09-19-2012, 11:05 PM
Jon Stewart needs to make up his mind on what he wants to be. Does he want people to think he is a comedian or a political commentator? Or is it accurate to say that Jon Stewart failed as a comedian so he had to settle for being a political commentator kind of like how Bill Maher had to settle for bitching about politics?

FuzzyLumpkins
09-19-2012, 11:11 PM
Jon Stewart needs to make up his mind on what he wants to be. Does he want people to think he is a comedian or a political commentator? Or is it accurate to say that Jon Stewart failed as a comedian so he had to settle for being a political commentator kind of like how Bill Maher had to settle for bitching about politics?

His show has been going strong for 20 years. His shot in show business was a a show host and he has been successful at every stop.

He doesn't 'need' to figure out anything.

Jacob1983
09-19-2012, 11:16 PM
Jon Stewart didn't become famous until he started to bash Bush 24/7 on The Daily Show on Comedy Central. Before that, he was an up and coming comedian waiting for his big break. Besides, do you actually think Maher, O'Reilly, and Stewart believe the bullshit that they preach? It's just for show. It's a game for them.

MannyIsGod
09-19-2012, 11:20 PM
You just lost all credibility pimping Maddow. She is the lib version of Sean Hannity. They both suck.

I haven't seen her in years but when I saw her in the past she was NOTHING like Hannity so unless she's changed drastically I think that is bullshit.

Show me some clips of her being like Hannity.

Jacob1983
09-19-2012, 11:56 PM
Maddow goes out of her way to bash anyone that doesn't like the fact that she is a carpet muncher.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-20-2012, 01:04 AM
Jon Stewart didn't become famous until he started to bash Bush 24/7 on The Daily Show on Comedy Central. Before that, he was an up and coming comedian waiting for his big break. Besides, do you actually think Maher, O'Reilly, and Stewart believe the bullshit that they preach? It's just for show. It's a game for them.

:lol

He had the most popular show on MTV for a year and then caught on with the Daily Show. He won a Peabody in 2000 the year before Bush took office and the show was successful far before that.

It's called show business for a reason. I do not deign to know what they believe or do not believe. I only care if what they say is true and/or logical.

You just sound like an upset Bush supporter.

Jacob1983
09-20-2012, 02:52 AM
Nope, not buyin' it pal.

But seriously, Stewart is a fake just like Maher, O'Reilly, and Limbaugh. They're just selling bullshit.

Answer this for me numbnuts, if I was a Bush supporter why would I think it's possible that he was behind 9/11?

FuzzyLumpkins
09-20-2012, 03:10 AM
Nope, not buyin' it pal.

But seriously, Stewart is a fake just like Maher, O'Reilly, and Limbaugh. They're just selling bullshit.

Answer this for me numbnuts, if I was a Bush supporter why would I think it's possible that he was behind 9/11?

:lol

thank you for that. i don't think i have ever or will ever again see someone use that as a measure of credibility.

fake is an ambiguous term. fake as in he is not really a comedian satirist?

DarrinS
09-20-2012, 08:03 AM

Lol Maddow

Don't get me wrong, I like Jon Stewart and I think he's extremely intelligent. It's just, when he gets hammered on something, he hides behind the "well, I'm a comedian", so you really can't win against him.

Clipper Nation
09-20-2012, 08:04 AM
Stewart is the realest person on that list, tbh.... even Maher's better than O'Reilly and Limbaugh even though his views are far too liberal for my tastes, because at least he's intelligent....

DarrinS
09-20-2012, 08:05 AM
I mean, why not have Chris Matthews debate Dennis Miller?

Doesn't make sense to me.

Got to give credit to Bill for agreeing to this.

Edit>Chris Matthews takes himself far more seriously than Bill O.

Jacob1983
09-20-2012, 12:28 PM
For the record, I knew who Jon Stewart was before the hipsters did. I watched his late night talk show in syndication when I was in middle school. Okay, maybe Stewart isn't a fake and maybe he is the most sane out of the bunch. It's just his koolaid drinking bursts become annoying sometimes like O'Reilly, Hannity, Limbaugh, and Maher. Maher is a piece of crap and full of himself because according to him, he knows everything and is right about everything. The fakest one out of the bunch is probably Limbaugh. I don't think at all he believes any of that Neo-con bullshit that he preaches on the radio.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-20-2012, 01:08 PM
He was on MTV before that late night show....

And "I knew who Jon Stewart was before the hipsters did." is a study in irony.

It translates to "I was hip before the the hipsters were."

Jacob1983
09-20-2012, 01:10 PM
We'll have to agree to disagree but I'll give you the last word. Go go. We'll do it live. Fuck it.

DarrinS
09-20-2012, 01:21 PM
For the record, I knew who Jon Stewart was before the hipsters did. I watched his late night talk show in syndication when I was in middle school. Okay, maybe Stewart isn't a fake and maybe he is the most sane out of the bunch. It's just his koolaid drinking bursts become annoying sometimes like O'Reilly, Hannity, Limbaugh, and Maher. Maher is a piece of crap and full of himself because according to him, he knows everything and is right about everything. The fakest one out of the bunch is probably Limbaugh. I don't think at all he believes any of that Neo-con bullshit that he preaches on the radio.

Bill Maher actually used to be cool, before he lost hist mind during the Bush years and became Keith Olbermann with a punchline.

Edward
09-20-2012, 01:28 PM
:lol gaycob would hate Maher. Basically every group of people Maher makes fun of is a group Gaycob belongs to. When Maher talks about religion it must cause Gaycob to go into a xanex-induced rage (because he's so angry at the rest of the world, xanex somehow can't even calm him down :lmao).

Jacob1983
09-20-2012, 02:38 PM
What's xanex? Never heard of it.

Edward
09-20-2012, 02:42 PM
:lol spelling smack as a comeback

I'm sure your boss at your retail job appreciates how well you can spell. That's how you make the big bucks like 15k a year :lmao

Jacob1983
09-21-2012, 01:11 AM
Go on. Tell me more.

SA210
10-09-2012, 06:13 AM
:hat:lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZpGyzCfwdg

RandomGuy
10-09-2012, 11:55 AM
:hat:lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZpGyzCfwdg

Link no workie.

RandomGuy
10-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Maddow goes out of her way to bash anyone that doesn't like the fact that she is a carpet muncher.

She offers some really good analysis on goings on. Granted this analysis has a definite viewpoint, but one can learn a lot from watching her show.

Say what you like, she is way smart, and I am hard pressed to find an analogue on the right.

CosmicCowboy
10-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Sure am glad I didn't pay for that.

SA210
10-09-2012, 12:59 PM
She offers some really good analysis on goings on. Granted this analysis has a definite viewpoint, but one can learn a lot from watching her show.

Say what you like, she is way smart, and I am hard pressed to find an analogue on the right.

I don't know how long this will be up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPtwyVf74SM

RandomGuy
10-09-2012, 02:03 PM
I don't know how long this will be up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPtwyVf74SM

answer:

not long. No workie.

TeyshaBlue
10-09-2012, 02:09 PM
answer:

not long. No workie.
What are they trying to hide???!!!!111

/conspiribot

DarrinS
10-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Sure am glad I didn't pay for that.

No kidding.

ploto
10-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Stewart was so much better than O'Reilly. He actually gave well-thought out answers, in addition to the comedy, whereas O'Reilly often tried one-liners and then never answered the question. Plus, Stewart was all off the top of his head, but O'Reilly had corny placards and notes he was using.

Jacob1983
10-10-2012, 01:06 AM
Stewart and O'Reilly were basically reading off the talking points of the GOP and Democratic Party. It was the same old same old bullshit that they spew on their tv shows.

ElNono
10-10-2012, 01:33 AM
Transcript or it didn't happen, tbh

ploto
10-10-2012, 08:54 AM
"Why is it that if you take advantage of a tax break and you're a corporation, you're a smart businessman, but if you take advantage of something you need to not be hungry, you're a moocher?" -- Jon Stewart

"There's a tendency to live in a nostalgic state in this country, and think that other generations possessed an integrity and a tenacity better than the generation that is now. I wholeheartedly disagree with that, and I believe this is a group that will rise up to any challenge that comes before them, as well as any other generation in America would have done. My advice to them would be to please don't think of me as an entitled moocher when I'm collecting my government benefits -- Jon Stewart

Jacob1983
10-11-2012, 12:33 AM
Waterboarding - No
Drones - Yes