PDA

View Full Version : Marshawn Lynch and Robert Turbin.....

Avante
09-19-2012, 11:12 PM
...give the Seahawks one of the most awesome power running combos we've seen. Lynch is a beast, Turbin a Hulk. The type of combo that starts wearing defenses down come the third quarter.

First saw Turbin when he was at Utah State, guy looks like Mr. Olympia in pads, a real brusier. 4.4 speed.

If I'm the Seahawks I start rolling Wilson out, yep, a moving pocket just like those old Chief teams used with Len Dawson at the helm. First thing that accomplishes is cutting down on the pass rush. It also gives a guy like Russell a run option. So bang away with the twin bull backs, start rolling out and that D will be fading come late in the game. Sidney Rice is a stud, he has to be respected.

I like what they are doing, just wish they weren't in the NFC West.

gaKNOW!blee
09-20-2012, 07:34 AM
Yeah, Turbin is proven in this league....

Girasuck
09-20-2012, 10:01 AM
I was in attendance for almost every home game Turbin played in at Utah State. I live 5 minutes from Romney Stadium. He was so underutilized in college, which means he's got at least 7-8 good years in the NFL ahead of him. He's not a back that can play passing downs as a check down back, but I have no doubt that if Lynch had a season ending injury tomorrow, Turbin would step in and be a 1,200 yard back.

Avante
09-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Yeah, Turbin is proven in this league....

The one position where a guy can step right in from college to the pros is at running back. They have those young legs and the wear and tear of the NFL isn't there yet. Rookie backs starring is as old as the NFL it's self. That list of rookies who had 1000 yard seasons and scored a ton of TD's or both is a long one. There is no reason to think Turbin can't star in the NFL, none!

Avante
09-20-2012, 12:00 PM
I was in attendance for almost every home game Turbin played in at Utah State. I live 5 minutes from Romney Stadium. He was so underutilized in college, which means he's got at least 7-8 good years in the NFL ahead of him. He's not a back that can play passing downs as a check down back, but I have no doubt that if Lynch had a season ending injury tomorrow, Turbin would step in and be a 1,200 yard back.

I agree 100%.