PDA

View Full Version : Here's what the Spurs need for their 15th man...

racm
09-20-2012, 12:05 AM
An enforcer. The team is too soft.

Give me someone like MWP who won't be afraid to throw elbows or do what Bowen used to do - tripping jumpshooters.

Especially since LA and OKC are an injury away from flaming out... seems karma has yet to hit Clay Bennett's squad.

spurs10
09-20-2012, 12:31 AM
Metta World Peace wouldn't hurt us, but his pal SJax offers some of the same toughness.

Ice009
09-20-2012, 12:55 AM
I'd take Ben Wallace for that role.

I would have loved to have had Tony Massenburg on the team longer. I thought he was awesome in that role for the Spurs. I recall games we were up 20 plus and he'd come out and still lay the wood on people. I think Tim even had to go up to him a few times and tell him to settle down when he was still playing too physical with big leads ;). That's my kind of player.

racm
09-20-2012, 02:00 AM
Metta World Peace wouldn't hurt us, but his pal SJax offers some of the same toughness.

Captain Jack's a good boy under Pop, tbh...

SpursRock20
09-20-2012, 04:50 PM
Captain Jack's a good boy under Pop, tbh...

Steve Blake disagrees.

Kool Bob Love
09-20-2012, 05:37 PM

I would have loved to have had Tony Massenburg on the team longer. I thought he was awesome in that role for the Spurs. I recall games we were up 20 plus and he'd come out and still lay the wood on people. I think Tim even had to go up to him a few times and tell him to settle down when he was still playing too physical with big leads ;). That's my kind of player.

Here's to T-Mass. :toast

Seventyniner
09-20-2012, 07:30 PM

Didn't the Spurs have Mark Bryant for that purpose at one point? I forget the year.

I remember seeing Massenburg bouncing a pass off his defender's back while inbounding the ball on his own baseline, then making a layup. Was he a member of the Kings when he did that, or was it while he was a Spur and playing against the Kings?

Russo21
09-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Ben Wallace fits the bill as an enforcer. He's nearly 40. Still has huge muscles and is quite speedy, and can still rebound, block and steal. I wouldn't mind him on the team for a few minutes a game. A bit of 'nasty'. And Ben Wallace & Stephen Jackson can reunite as old pals from the 'Malace at the Palace' lmao