PDA

View Full Version : Quote Me on that: September 18 - September 25

Nbadan
09-20-2012, 12:35 AM
From Politicians to Spurs talk political posters, post your quote of the week

“Romney just wrote off half the people in Massachusetts and half the people in America as deadbeats. This is a separate category of contempt for half of our fellow citizens.”

Elizabeth Warren
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2012/09/good_quote.php

Nbadan
09-20-2012, 12:55 AM
From the just released inspector general's report on fast and furious...

there is"no evidence that Attorney General Eric Holder was informed about Operation Fast and Furious, or learned about the tactics employed by ATF in the investigation" before Congress began pressing him for information about it in early 2011.

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/19/13966068-investigation-finds-no-evidence-ag-eric-holder-knew-of-fast-and-furious-gun-running-sting?lite

Nbadan
09-20-2012, 01:02 AM
Marco Rubio on Romney's I-Wish-I-Were-Latino Comment...

"I think he meant it as a joke," Rubio said on a conference call organized by the Republican National Committee, adding that's "how most reasonable people would take it."

http://news.yahoo.com/marco-rubio-calls-romneys-wish-were-latino-joke-221923734--abc-news-politics.html

Nbadan
09-20-2012, 01:13 AM
“This iron curtain or whatever you want to call it between the church and people of faith and this separation of church and state is just false on its face,

Texas Governor Rick Perry(R) Tells ‘Christian Soldiers’ To ‘Stand Our Ground’ Against Obama

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/09/19/perry-tells-christian-soldiers-to-stand-our-ground-against-obama/

Nbadan
09-20-2012, 01:18 AM
From the univision facebook page on Mitt Romney's appearance on UNI...

SI EN VERDAD QUISSIERA A LA COMUNIDAD HISPANA, CUANDO LE PREGUNTARON ASERCA DE LA LEY DE ARIZONA, HUBIERA RESPONDIDO QUE ESTA MAL LA LEY, QUE ES ANTIMIGRANTE, PERO NUNCA DIJO NADA, SOLO RISAS Y RISAS NADA MAS! MENTIROSO, E HIPOCRITA Y RACISTA!

Translation..

If he really cared about the Hispanic community, when they asked about the AZ law, he would have responded that it's a bad law, that it's anti-immigrant, but he didn't say anything, only smiles and smiles and nothing more. Liar, hypocrite, and racist.

Nbadan
09-20-2012, 07:59 PM
In a time when politics and politicians are sometimes the objects of criticism and even disdain, it is well for us to remember people fight and die for the right to exercise politics, to be part of a democracy, to make decisions peacefully, without resorting to the gun." - Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton - September 19, 2012

http://www.state.gov/secretary/rm/2012/09/197957.htm

boutons_deux
09-21-2012, 01:50 AM
Dumb Mitt Romney Quotes

1. "Corporations are people, my friend… of course they are. Everything corporations earn ultimately goes to the people. Where do you think it goes? Whose pockets? Whose pockets? People's pockets. Human beings, my friend." —Mitt Romney to a heckler at the Iowa State Fair who suggested that taxes should be raised on corporations as part of balancing the budget (August 2011)

2. "I like being able to fire people who provide services to me." –Mitt Romney, using an unfortunate choice of words while advocating for consumer choice in health insurance plans (January 2012)

3. "I'm not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there." —Mitt Romney (January 2012)

4. "There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. ... My job is is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives." -Mitt Romney, in leaked comments from a fundraiser in May 2012

5. "My dad, as you probably know, was the governor of Michigan and was the head of a car company. But he was born in Mexico... and had he been born of, uh, Mexican parents, I'd have a better shot at winning this. But he was unfortunately born to Americans living in Mexico. He lived there for a number of years. I mean, I say that jokingly, but it would be helpful to be Latino." -Mitt Romney, in leaked comments from a Florida fundraiser, May 17 2012

6. "It's hard to know just how well [the 2012 London Olympics] will turn out. There are a few things that were disconcerting. The stories about the private security firm not having enough people, the supposed strike of the immigration and customs officials, that obviously is not something which is encouraging." –Mitt Romney, insulting Britain on the eve of the Olympics by suggesting the country is not ready, NBC News interview, July 25, 2012

7. "No one's ever asked to see my birth certificate. They know that this is the place that we were born and raised." —Mitt Romney, speaking about his Michigan roots during a rally in Commerce, Michigan, Aug. 24, 2012

8. "I should tell my story. I'm also unemployed." —Mitt Romney, speaking in 2011 to unemployed people in Florida. Romney's net worth is over $200 million.

9. "I'll take a lot of credit for the fact that this industry's come back." –Mitt Romney, on the American auto industry, despite having written a New York Times op-ed in 2008 titled "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt," in which he said if GM, Ford and Chrysler got a government bailout "you can kiss the American automotive industry goodbye"

10. "I believe in an America where millions of Americans believe in an America that's the America millions of Americans believe in. That's the America I love." –Mitt Romney (January 2012)

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/mittromney/a/Mitt-Romney-Quotes.htm

Dumb is as dumb says.

also, a bunch more:

Bonus Quotes:

"We use Ann sparingly right now so that people don't get tired of her." –Mitt Romney, referring to his wife while speaking to a room of wealthy donors in Florida, May 17, 2012