PDA

View Full Version : Channing Frye out indefinitely with an enlarged heart.

ace3g
09-20-2012, 05:37 PM
John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger

Whoa-- Suns announce Channing Frye out indefinitely with an enlarged heart. Will be re-evaluated in December.

John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger

According to Suns press release, issue discovered during routine preseason physical.

http://www.nba.com/suns/channing-frye-out-indefinitely

whitemamba
09-20-2012, 05:49 PM
Damn that's not good...

Latarian Milton
09-20-2012, 10:51 PM
dude's having a big heart, does it mean he'll come back another robert horry when he's back?

DMC
09-20-2012, 10:54 PM
There go the Sun's chances this season.

Spurs da champs
09-21-2012, 05:24 AM
Damn that's not good...

Nah...but in all seriousness that's the 3rd heart problem in the last 2 years in the NBA. Strange trend.

TimDunkem
09-21-2012, 10:29 AM
Poor guy...

HeatChamps
09-21-2012, 10:43 AM
There go the Sun's chances this season.
:lol

ElNono
09-21-2012, 10:51 AM
Sarver should be happy... he just dumped that contract to the insurance co...

JMarkJohns
09-21-2012, 11:48 AM
From what I'm hearing he's expected to make a full recovery, but he's likely to miss this entire season as they monitor the condition. It's similar to Ronny Turiaf's issues from several years back.

mavs>spurs
09-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Nah...but in all seriousness that's the 3rd heart problem in the last 2 years in the NBA. Strange trend.

It's wider than just NBA, it's now an American problem. It's something in our diets or environmental. Everybody's organs are prematurely going to shit.

tlongII
09-21-2012, 12:12 PM
From what I'm hearing he's expected to make a full recovery, but he's likely to miss this entire season as they monitor the condition. It's similar to Ronny Turiaf's issues from several years back.

Not true at all. The enlargement of Frye's heart was caused by a virus. They hope that it will heal, but they really don't know if it will. Frye's problem cannot be correct by surgery like Turiaf's was.

JMarkJohns
09-21-2012, 12:20 PM
The comparison was to how Turiaf was handled, missing time then coming back. There's no way of knowing now, but everyone around him is hopeful, and some early reports have several expecting a return.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-21-2012, 12:26 PM
Sarver should be happy... he just dumped that contract to the insurance co...
If Sarver can use this to get the last 3 years of Frye's albatross deal off the books, fine by me.

JMarkJohns
09-21-2012, 01:37 PM
"The good news is it is a virus so it does have a good chance of going away," Frye said. "My heart can be normal again."

Frye will be re-evaluated in December with the possibility of resuming basketball activities. Those activities could include anything from individual workouts to a chance at returning to the team.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...ged-heart.html

Like said, there's lots of positivity. I doubt he misses the rest of his contract. Insurance should help pay for the time he's out, so...

ElNono
09-21-2012, 02:43 PM
If Sarver can use this to get the last 3 years of Frye's albatross deal off the books, fine by me.

:cry but stretch-4s are hard to come by :cry

racm
09-21-2012, 09:54 PM
:cry but stretch-4s are hard to come by :cry

For sale/trade: One stretch-4. Red-headed, slightly used, likes sandwiches and dislikes being defended in the playoffs.

Inquire at AT&T Center, San Antonio, TX.

:lmao