PDA

View Full Version : Kid's Tablets

Drachen
09-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Anyone have any experience in these? They are usually crap (three year old tech, resistive touch screen, etc) so I had been looking at getting a cheaper regular tablet and putting a good case on it.

My wife then found this one http://www.nabitablet.com/ and I think that we have found a winner. This thing is almost = to a nexus 7 (save a slightly worse screen resolution (sorry WC)). The OS skin looks great and useful and you can put it in "mommy/daddy mode" and get stock android 4.04 (without play store at the moment, though).

Does anyone have any input?

leemajors
09-20-2012, 07:54 PM
One of my friends has the Archos one and a 4 year old daughter, she loves it. He and his wife play games on it occasionally too. He was just raving about it this afternoon.

TheMACHINE
09-20-2012, 10:57 PM
Nexus 7...pure android experience.

TheMACHINE
09-20-2012, 10:58 PM
Btw..that nabi looks cool too

Drachen
09-20-2012, 11:53 PM
That is the thing, the nabi is the nexus 7 with a slightly worse resolution and an a c ard slot. It even has stock ics on it.

PM5K
09-21-2012, 12:30 AM
Just read the reviews and decide from there. Looks potentially pretty cool for the little ones, if you don't want to let them use your tablet. It's a lot cheaper and BB than Amazon, and it's also good that it's available at major retailers.