PDA

View Full Version : If you're an NFL GM and you have the first pick

Lincoln
09-20-2012, 10:25 PM
And there's a college option QB that just won championships, heismans, and broke multiple records...do you draft him?

One thing is:he's black.

Avante
09-21-2012, 02:10 AM
And there's a college option QB that just won championships, heismans, and broke multiple records...do you draft him?

That would be a no, but being black has nothing to do with it. Look at all those Nebraska QB's who were great in that system but totally worthless as NFL QB's. Tim Couch a great example.

If we look at all time stats for NFL QB's in the history of the league, Warren Moon, Donovan McNabb and Randall Cunningham are there. Moon ahead of Montana. Steve McNair a SB QB, Doug Williams a SB winning QB. Then there's Michael Vick.

This.."black QB's are too dumb to be any good, they can't deal with pressure either"...is ridiculous. Look at Newton, Wilson and RGIII they are as impressive in an interview as anyone, none of that...."well ya see man, ya know, like really man, ya know"...at all. You can tell they are very bright and can handle the NFL. Yes JaMarcus Russell was an idiot but so was Ryan Leaf.

I'd rather have a 6-3 220 pound black QB who can make all the throws than a white QB, the reason being they are more athletic, they can move, extend a play.

Findog's Ex Fiancee
09-21-2012, 02:33 AM
That would be a no, but being black has nothing to do with it. Look at all those Nebraska QB's who were great in that system but totally worthless as NFL QB's. Tim Couch a great example.

If we look at all time stats for NFL QB's in the history of the league, Warren Moon, Donovan McNabb and Randall Cunningham are there. Moon ahead of Montana. Steve McNair a SB QB, Doug Williams a SB winning QB. Then there's Michael Vick.

This.."black QB's are too dumb to be any good, they can't deal with pressure either"...is ridiculous. Look at Newton, Wilson and RGIII they are as impressive in an interview as anyone, none of that...."well ya see man, ya know, like really man, ya know"...at all. You can tell they are very bright and can handle the NFL. Yes JaMarcus Russell was an idiot but so was Ryan Leaf.

I'd rather have a 6-3 220 pound black QB who can make all the throws than a white QB, the reason being they are more athletic, they can move, extend a play.

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Randy+Phillips+Philadelphia+Eagles+v+Detroit+-EnAenZ8uyel.jpg

gaKNOW!blee
09-21-2012, 06:46 AM
Avante, do you think Tim couch played at Nebraska?

leemajors
09-21-2012, 06:49 AM

:lol

Clipper Nation
09-21-2012, 07:31 AM
Look at all those Nebraska QB's who were great in that system but totally worthless as NFL QB's. Tim Couch a great example.
:lmao

Avante
09-21-2012, 07:33 AM

DUH!!!!!!!!

Try, Kentucky:rolleyes

Not sure where that silly shit came from.

gaKNOW!blee
09-21-2012, 07:34 AM
DUH!!!!!!!!

Try, Kentucky:rolleyes

Not sure where that silly shit came from.

I honestly wasnt sure if that's what you meant...I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt lol.

Avante
09-21-2012, 07:35 AM
:lmao

Finally a legit reason to ....:lmao I deserve it, very stupid for a guy like me.

Avante
09-21-2012, 07:36 AM
I honestly wasnt sure if that's what you meant...I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt lol.

Just a total brain fart, no explanation for it.

Pelicans78
09-21-2012, 07:37 AM
I guess he meant that Crouch guy.

Avante
09-21-2012, 08:00 AM
I guess he meant that Crouch guy.

Bingo! I knew I had Nebraska for a reason, yep that's the guy. Still...DUH!!!!..however.

FkLA
09-22-2012, 01:35 PM
Eric Crouch won the Heisman but alot of it had to do with him being so good at running the option. He wasnt the prototypical white quarterback. He got drafted as a WR in like the last round IIRC, but didnt actually 'fail in the NFL' since he never played. I believe he had inked a deal but returned it and retired a few days into training camp.

Blake
09-22-2012, 01:44 PM

I would have passed on him regardless of skin color.

The GMs that drafted Vince and Tebow in the first round both look rather incompetent right about now.

Trill Clinton
09-22-2012, 03:07 PM
http://mlkshk.com/r/FNFN

Creepn
09-22-2012, 03:27 PM
http://mlkshk.com/r/FNFN

Lol