PDA

View Full Version : Is kobe the most glorified player ever?

apalisoc_9
09-22-2012, 12:50 AM
I need to hear your opinions so please vote.

LkrFan
09-22-2012, 12:54 AM
:corn:

whitemamba
09-22-2012, 01:11 AM
5 star thread, book into the hall of fame

FkLA
09-22-2012, 02:52 AM
Si seņor, he sure is!!! Top 20 player of all-time shoved down peoples throats as a borderline Top 5 player.

Bynumite
09-22-2012, 05:37 AM
lol spurfan, bashing Kobe won't stop the spurs from auditioning scrubs and the Lakers from getting that 17th. Now calm down and enjoy another great Laker season :toast

racm
09-22-2012, 05:44 AM
lol spurfan, bashing Kobe won't stop the spurs from auditioning scrubs and the Lakers from getting that 17th. Now calm down and enjoy another great Laker season :toast

Think Celticfan's more scared because you're gonna catch up. Or Heatfan because they're no longer the only staaaaaacked team...

:lmao

Latarian Milton
09-22-2012, 08:58 AM
they need a new face of the league after jordan retired and they chose kobe, dude sells tickets and jerseys especially in the oversea markets. he won 3 rings under shaq's wings and another two with pau accompanying him, but when he played alone the best result he achieved was 1st round exit tbh

Ryan Fitzpatrick
09-22-2012, 10:00 AM
He should be glorified. He is the Black Jesus

Venti Quattro
09-22-2012, 12:23 PM
He should be glorified. He is the Black Jesus

irishock
09-22-2012, 01:37 PM
Jesus christ, is everything about Kobe Bryant in this forum?

Venti Quattro
09-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Jesus christ, is everything about Kobe Bryant in this forum?

It's the easiest topic to create when you're bored. Post something about Kobe on both sides of the coin, and you're sure to get replies.

racm
09-22-2012, 10:50 PM
they need a new face of the league after jordan retired and they chose kobe, dude sells tickets and jerseys especially in the oversea markets. he won 3 rings under shaq's wings and another two with pau accompanying him, but when he played alone the best result he achieved was 1st round exit tbh

Plus he deliberately mimics MJ. :toast

namlook
09-23-2012, 06:49 PM

:lmao :rollin

Like this means anything. Jordan fell flat on his face when he had no help.

Jordan's Bulls without Pippen:

78 wins 86 Losses (under .500 both seasons)
1-6 playoff record

And this doesn't count the Bulls year he was injured most of the season or his no-Pippen results would have been worse. He likely would have had another under .500 record and been swept by the Celtics in the 1st round that year.

Jordan without Pippen overall:

152 wins 176 losses
1-6 playoff record (Two first round exits and missed playoffs twice)

LkrFan
09-23-2012, 10:06 PM

1-6 playoff record

And this doesn't count the Bulls year he was injured most of the season or his no-Pippen results would have been worse. He likely would have had another under .500 record and been swept by the Celtics in the 1st round that year.

152 wins 176 losses

The Goods. I wonder if even BR will attempt to :downspin: this shit. :lol

Props. :toast

ambchang
09-24-2012, 09:23 AM
Jordan without Pippen (a career 2nd banana), lost in the 1st round, scored a playoff record 63 points in a game against one of the best teams in NBA history.

Kobe with the most stacked frontline in the league, lost in the 1st round, refused to shoot against one of the most under achieving teams in the 00s.

bus driver
09-24-2012, 12:43 PM
No, LBJ is.

the fakers arent shit w/o the rapist.

namlook
09-24-2012, 02:24 PM
Jordan without Pippen (a career 2nd banana),

Career second bannana? lol. So dismissive of a guy who was making all-nba first teams, considered by many to be the best perimeter defender in NBA history, and a guy who Jordan was never able to take his team above .500 without. :lol

Leetonidas
09-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Completely retarded argument. What would Kobe have done in his first 3 seasons without Shaq? Jack shit. Jordan made Pippen what he was. Kobe benefited greatly from team's triple teaming Shaq in his early years while Jordan was putting up 60+ on one of the best teams ever.

Jordan had Pip, Rodman, and Kukoc while Kobe has had Shaq, Malone, Payton, Bynum, Gasol, Odom, Nash, and Howard. Everyone needs help, but some need more help than others.

FkLA
09-24-2012, 02:43 PM

1-6 playoff record

152 wins 176 losses

Was Jordan ever second banana to Pippen like Kobe was to Shaq ?

namlook
09-24-2012, 05:07 PM
Was Jordan ever second banana to Pippen like Kobe was to Shaq ?

It's all about circumstances my friend. If Jordan joined the Lakers out of high school with Shaq at the top of his game, the offense would have run through Shaq. And if you try to claim otherwise you are an idiot or a liar.

Completely retarded argument. What would Kobe have done in his first 3 seasons without Shaq? Jack shit.

You miss the point. Someone posted Kobe never got out of the first round without help. That's true, but neither did Jordan, which makes that argument completely retarded.

Leetonidas
09-24-2012, 05:29 PM
It's true. Like I said bruh, everyone needs help, some just need more help than others (i.e. Kobe needed more help than Jordan) but in the end they still needed help. even god needed jesus

TheMACHINE
09-24-2012, 05:36 PM
"Kobe > Jordan"

ambchang
09-24-2012, 09:26 PM
Career second bannana? lol. So dismissive of a guy who was making all-nba first teams, considered by many to be the best perimeter defender in NBA history, and a guy who Jordan was never able to take his team above .500 without. :lol

Are you trying to argue Pippen WASN'T a career second banana? Pippen was great, the best perimeter defender of all time, probably the best point forward of all time too, but he is still a career 2nd banana, because he's playing next to Jordan.

Oh wait, I forgot I am talking to a Laker fan, who would stop at nothing to prop up their false idol Kobe, even if it means making himself look like a fool.

BTW, not only was Pippen a second banana, he was the 2nd banana of 2nd bananas, because he will never be the best 2nd banana in the history of the league, Kobe has that locked up.

namlook
09-25-2012, 02:55 AM
BTW, not only was Pippen a second banana, he was the 2nd banana of 2nd bananas, because he will never be the best 2nd banana in the history of the league, Kobe has that locked up.

Not sure why I even bother with this. Kobe was second banana like Magic was second banana to Kareem when he was a young player. It doesn't mean anything in the big picture since it was all about circumstances. Jordan would have been second banana to Kareem and Shaq as a young player joining an already established star. It wouldn't have made Jordan a lesser player.

ambchang
09-25-2012, 01:16 PM
Not sure why I even bother with this. Kobe was second banana like Magic was second banana to Kareem when he was a young player. It doesn't mean anything in the big picture since it was all about circumstances. Jordan would have been second banana to Kareem and Shaq as a young player joining an already established star. It wouldn't have made Jordan a lesser player.

But I have a pretty good idea why you didn't bother with the other point though, because you couldn't. Pippen was a career 2nd banana, and that was that.

As for Kobe being a 2nd banana, the difference is that Magic tied, or was close to Kareem's accomplishments later in his career. Kobe never took the Lakers to the heights Shaq did against weaker competition and a more balanced supporting cast.

Also, Magic never missed the playoffs.

Venti Quattro
09-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Jordan missed the playoffs more than once, so Magic > Kobe > Jordan.

lol ambchang

ambchang
09-25-2012, 08:08 PM
LOL, Laker fans pulling up Jordan's WAS days when he was 40 years old, comparing to Kobe at his prime.

It's only fair to compare a 40 year old Jordan to a prime Kobe

Come to think of it, I agree with you.

FkLA
09-25-2012, 08:13 PM
It's all about circumstances my friend. If Jordan joined the Lakers out of high school with Shaq at the top of his game, the offense would have run through Shaq. And if you try to claim otherwise you are an idiot or a liar.

Ok, so then call those first three rings for what they are--second banana rings. Dont do stupid shit like compare him to MJ because Kobe only has 2 rings as a main guy to MJs 6. Kobe only has 2 rings as a main guy to Duncans 4. Kobe only has two FMVPs to MJs six and Duncans three. Kobe only has one MVP to MJs five and Duncans two. Kobe being a great Robin to Shaq doesnt put him over Duncan or anywhere close to MJ.

ambchang
09-26-2012, 10:27 AM
Thanks for pointing it out FkLA, I just realized a Laker fan flat out admitted Kobe was a 2nd banana to Shaq in the early 00s.

All this revisionist history of propping Kobe up as an equal to Shaq in the 01 and 02 championships were utter lies to promote their idol up to a level where he is nowhere close to.

That said, 10 years from now, when Laker fans have their new god in another franchise player, they will no doubt throw Kobe under the bus if they help prop up their new god, just like what they did to Shaq to prop up Kobe, and what they did to Chamberlain to prop up Shaq, and what they did to Kareem to prop up Magic.