PDA

View Full Version : Arizona WILL beat Oregon tonight - book it

BRHornet45
09-22-2012, 04:01 PM
sons its another week and just like USC last week, its time for another overrated PAC 12 team to go down.

- Oregon won't be able to stop the passing game of Arizona: Scott will throw for 300+ yards

- Arizona's D-Line will struggle a bit with Oregon's rushing game, but will match it with their own rushing game.

- Oregon's kicker will likely miss one or more routine field goals within 40 yards

sons all in all I expect this game to be a close one with Oregon holding the lead until the 4th quarter, but Arizona will pull this thing out 42-38

JMarkJohns
09-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Wish I had your confidence. I think they have a good chance, as they've been tested and played well, while Oregon hasn't been tested. Oregon's QB issues are overblown a bit, but they are real enough that I can see Arizona capitalizing on the mistakes.

Biggest thing for me is location. If this was in Tucson, I think they win. In Eugene, I think Oregon similar to the score you put.

DesignatedT
09-22-2012, 05:01 PM
So they will cover a 20 pt spread easily?

BRHornet45
09-22-2012, 05:19 PM
son the preseason polls don't mean anything (case and point see USC)

Judging by the first few weeks of the season it is clear that Arizona is the better team ... regardless of what the media says. If I had to rank the top 5 in the PAC 12 as of now ...

1. Arizona (impressive win against OK State, ranked in top 10-20 in passing, rushing, and points scored)

2. Oregon (always an offensive threat, but have only played high school caliber teams and their defensive line is trash, giving up 24 points per game against scrubs)

3. Oregon State (two solid wins against Wisconsin and now UCLA)

4. Stanford (fairly impressive defense so far, but horrible special teams, should have beaten USC by at least 2-3 scores)

5. Arizona State (for those arguing for USC to be ranked 5th, Arizona State has a much stronger running game, they score more points, and give up less points. however they are both fairly close and depending on the results of their games today could change the 5th spot)

BRHornet45
09-22-2012, 05:30 PM
So they will cover a 20 pt spread easily?

son there is absolutely noway in hell Oregon will beat Arizona by 3 touchdowns. put the money down on Arizona. I'm dropping $350 on it.

JMarkJohns
09-22-2012, 06:45 PM
If Rodriguez wins this game, I will expect Arizona's first ever Rose Bowl appearance. If he wins tonight and fails to lead UA to the Rose Bowl, it will be a horrible choke.

DMX7
09-22-2012, 09:16 PM
If Rodriguez wins this game, I will expect Arizona's first ever Rose Bowl appearance. If he wins tonight and fails to lead UA to the Rose Bowl, it will be a horrible choke.

You think they're going to beat USC?

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-22-2012, 10:17 PM
UofA has been inside the 10 yard line on 3 different drives and has 0 points to show for it. That's neat.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-22-2012, 10:23 PM
:lmao 0/4 in the redzone w/ a blocked 31 yard field goal

This is ridiculous.

Pelicans78
09-22-2012, 10:25 PM
:lmao 0/4 in the redzone w/ a blocked 31 yard field goal

This is ridiculous.

Sickening to watch.

Pelicans78
09-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Zona's defense is definitely doing their job.

JMarkJohns
09-22-2012, 10:30 PM
You think they're going to beat USC?

The point wasn't that I think Arizona is this good, but rather that if they win tonight on the road vs. a top-3 team, they will have proven capable of beating anyone in the PAC and therefore a failure to capitalize would be a choke.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-22-2012, 10:30 PM
Zona's defense is definitely doing their job.
To say the least. Their defense has been incredible so far.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-22-2012, 10:31 PM
Wow Matt Scott is playing like horeshit. Put vanilla vick in.

Pelicans78
09-22-2012, 10:35 PM
That looks to be a fumble as well.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-22-2012, 10:35 PM
Well this is gonna get overturned.

Pelicans78
09-22-2012, 10:42 PM
That 1st down is a killer.

Bill_Brasky
09-22-2012, 10:55 PM
Dan "i was coddled too much at texas" buckner with the bads.

Pelicans78
09-22-2012, 11:53 PM
Scott is just rushing his throws. He's blowing this game for Zona.

JMarkJohns
09-23-2012, 12:18 AM
Worst night to have your worst game...

DesignatedT
09-23-2012, 12:30 AM
Well fuck.

crc21209
09-23-2012, 12:53 AM
sons its another week and just like USC last week, its time for another overrated PAC 12 team to go down.

- Oregon won't be able to stop the passing game of Arizona: Scott will throw for 300+ yards

- Arizona's D-Line will struggle a bit with Oregon's rushing game, but will match it with their own rushing game.

- Oregon's kicker will likely miss one or more routine field goals within 40 yards

sons all in all I expect this game to be a close one with Oregon holding the lead until the 4th quarter, but Arizona will pull this thing out 42-38

:lol Oregon fucked you in the ass!

TE
09-23-2012, 01:54 AM
BR's attempt to degrade a upper tier non-sec team goes to the shitter.

:lol easiest way to lose $350

DMX7
09-23-2012, 08:34 AM
49-0... lol

Blake
09-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Solid thread. :tu

JMarkJohns
09-23-2012, 10:19 AM
In reality it should have been much closer. How many games does a team get in the red zone 6 times with zero points to show for it? They had multiple attempts from within the 10. Credit Oregon for withstanding their early turnovers and making second half adjustments.

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-23-2012, 10:28 AM
Matt Scott has been much worse than his stats indicate this season. He misses way too many easy throws a game, a lot of which occur on 3rd and short. If he has another couple of games like this, it's Vanilla Vick time.

Blake
09-23-2012, 10:34 AM
In reality it should have been much closer.

In reality it wasn't.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
09-23-2012, 10:35 AM
This prediction was close

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-23-2012, 10:41 AM
In reality it wasn't.
Hey, whats up man, new mavs forum, good to hear from you man, etc., imo, fwiw, lamborghini mercy, jason witten no helmet

JMarkJohns
09-23-2012, 11:12 AM
In reality it wasn't.

No, the reality of the outcome wasn't close, but the reality of the game says it should have been closer. But don't let little things like scoring opportunities, redzone trips, moving the ball up/down the field get in the way of your bias.

Fact is Arizona played like shit in the closing plays of some nice efforts on both sides of the ball.

Blake
09-23-2012, 11:37 AM
No, the reality of the outcome wasn't close, but the reality of the game says it should have been closer. But don't let little things like scoring opportunities, redzone trips, moving the ball up/down the field get in the way of your bias.

Fact is Arizona played like shit in the closing plays of some nice efforts on both sides of the ball.

lol bias

What should the final score have been in your reality?

Bill_Brasky
09-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Damn BR, can't you ever just enjoy being right about something for more than a week without completely besmirching your prediction record?

JMarkJohns
09-23-2012, 04:07 PM
lol bias

You really suck at picking fights, and also reading, but apparently you are great at reading too far into comments with a qualifier of "really should have been" accompanied by drive facts of six redzone trips and zero points. The score is what it reads, but the reality of the drives dictates a blown opportunity, especially early, to score points and a lot of them, hence the comment.

Sisk
09-23-2012, 04:10 PM
You really suck at picking fights, and also reading, but apparently you are great at reading too far into comments with a qualifier of "really should have been" accompanied by drive facts of six redzone trips and zero points. The score is what it reads, but the reality of the drives dictates a blown opportunity, especially early, to score points and a lot of them, hence the comment.

Blake is an idiot.

Blake
09-23-2012, 04:52 PM

You're great at getting butthurt over a simple question.

Blake
09-23-2012, 04:54 PM
blake is an idiot.

BRHornet45
09-23-2012, 05:03 PM
lolz ... yes sons I got skull fucked on this one. last time I ever bet on Arizona.

JMarkJohns
09-23-2012, 06:38 PM
You're great at getting butthurt over a simple question.

And you couldn't dare stand someone who actually watched the game say that a team with six redzone appearance with nary a point should have scored more than zero points, first on common sense, next on opportunity, and lastly just simply by the law of averages.

Not sure why you felt the need play contrarian to my initial "should have" qualified statement. I didn't say anything that wasn't accurate. When a team has six redzone trips and four within the 10 yard line, they should have scored more points, thus ipso facto the score should have been closer.

My comment was actually a critical indictment upon just how poorly the offense played in those situations and not the "defense" of team you seem to have perceived it to be. Like I said, you read way too far into the qualified and factual statement.

Blake
09-24-2012, 09:11 AM
And you couldn't dare stand someone who actually watched the game say that a team with six redzone appearance with nary a point should have scored more than zero points, first on common sense, next on opportunity, and lastly just simply by the law of averages.

Not sure why you felt the need play contrarian to my initial "should have" qualified statement. I didn't say anything that wasn't accurate. When a team has six redzone trips and four within the 10 yard line, they should have scored more points, thus ipso facto the score should have been closer.

My comment was actually a critical indictment upon just how poorly the offense played in those situations and not the "defense" of team you seem to have perceived it to be. Like I said, you read way too far into the qualified and factual statement.

I don't see any mention of what the score should have been in that butthurt mess of a post.

I'll try again.

What should the final score have really been in your opinion?

Kermit
09-24-2012, 10:44 AM
Is someone actually trying to qualify this dickslapping?

JMarkJohns
09-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Is someone actually trying to qualify this dickslapping?

If you look at the final score, it's a dickslapping. I've never argued against it and have been extremely critical of Arizona's play. However, as someone who actually watched the game, Arizona had six redzone appearances, four within the 10, yet they got shut out. I merely pointed out that this is an extremely rare occurrence, and that Arizona blew several opportunities to make the score closer. Early on, they had more redzone appearances than Oregon (3 to 2) and yet were trailing 10-0.

My point was the Wildcats sucked so badly their suckdom transcends game trends.

No qualifying, other than saying the score "Should have been closer", more a lament and critique than an excuse if you read every other post of mine in this thread.

Blake is just trying to play contrarian, reading too far into a simple comment, failing to acknowledge my explained greater context.

Blake
09-24-2012, 12:24 PM
Blake is just trying to play contrarian, reading too far into a simple comment, failing to acknowledge my explained greater context.

lol contrarian

You're reading way too far into my simple question.

Which you still haven't answered.

JMarkJohns
09-24-2012, 01:34 PM

Law of averages says if their ceiling was roughly 42 points (6 redzone, all six TDs), that their likely scoring should have been, roughly half that at least. If you go on their previous three weeks statistics, including a top-20 win, it probably should have been in the 30s.

The fact the score was 49-0 is truly a testament to how shitty Arizona's offense was at finishing great defensive plays (two first half turnovers, handful of punts), and solid offensive drives.

Blake
09-24-2012, 03:08 PM
I don't want to guess what you think the law of averages is in this case.

spit out a score man.