PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts of Marilyn Manson

AussieFanKurt
09-23-2012, 03:16 AM
I'm not sure if this has been brought up before but I've seen a few interviews with him on Youtube. Not a big fan of his music but he's quite intelligent and insightful. I dunno, what you guys think of him?

lakerhaterade
09-23-2012, 06:34 AM
I personally think you're a faggot.

You are probably the only poster I can think that would make a thread raving about Marilyn Manson.

lakerhaterade
09-23-2012, 06:35 AM
:lol trying to legitimize your love for Marilyn Manson

"he's intelligent and insightful, ain't he guys?"

:lmao

AussieFanKurt
09-23-2012, 06:50 AM
As far as I know I'm not alone. I'm just saying he makes valid points, someone likes to over analyse..

HeatChamps
09-23-2012, 11:56 AM
So you are saying he is a poser. I guess that could be said for most rock stars. Rap people are real yo. That is why I prefer rap.

howbouthemspurs
09-23-2012, 08:53 PM
I like Manson. Hes a great performer and he is very smart.

mavs>spurs
09-23-2012, 09:11 PM
So you are saying he is a poser. I guess that could be said for most rock stars. Rap people are real yo. That is why I prefer rap.

:lmao please enlighten us to which rappers are actually out selling dope and shooting people

lol lil wayne "blood"

Clipper Nation
09-23-2012, 09:13 PM
Marilyn Manson is just Nickelback for wannabe punk-rockers, tbh.... rap > all other genres....

Trill Clinton
09-23-2012, 09:17 PM
Marilyn Manson is just Nickelback for wannabe punk-rockers, tbh.... rap > all other genres....

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg613/hairweavekilla1/dap-o.gif

AussieFanKurt
09-23-2012, 11:01 PM

I didn't say I liked his music, was just saying in interviews I've seen him in he seems to be a good speaker

Clipper Nation
09-24-2012, 12:49 AM
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs6/2799730_o.gif

SourCandy
09-24-2012, 10:29 AM

Didn't denzel get hit on after that handshake? :lol

Fpoonsie
09-24-2012, 10:34 AM

Lulz.

Reck
09-24-2012, 10:34 AM
Insightful how?

I could never look past the makeup tbh.

silverblk mystix
09-24-2012, 10:48 AM
OP is correct...just look up his quotes.

I had that thought about ten years ago-dude/chick whatever looks gay & weird as shit- but he was dropping truth bombs left and right about religion, politics, the media,etc...

silverblk mystix
09-24-2012, 10:54 AM
Here is something related to Columbine and manson's quotes/response to it;

Marilyn Manson: The two by-products of that whole tragedy were violence in entertainment and gun control. And how perfect that that was the two things that we were going to talk about with the upcoming election. And also, then we forgot about Monica Lewinsky and we forgot about the President was shooting bombs overseas – yet I'm a bad guy because I sing some rock-and-roll songs – and who's a bigger influence, the President or Marilyn Manson? I'd like to think me, but I'm going to go with the President.
Michael Moore: Do you know that on the day of the Columbine massacre, the US dropped more bombs on Kosovo than any other day?
Marilyn Manson: I do know that, and I think that's really ironic, that nobody said, "Well, maybe the President had an influence on this violent behavior." Because that's not the way the media wants to take it and spin it, and turn it into fear, because then you're watching television, you're watching the news, you're being pumped full of fear, there's floods, there's AIDS, there's murder, cut to commercial, buy the Acura, buy the Colgate, if you have bad breath, they're not going to talk to you, if you have pimples, the girl's not going to fuck you, and it's just this campaign of fear and consumption, and that's what I think it's all based on, the whole idea of "keep everyone afraid and they'll consume".

+Marilyn Manson: When I was growing up, music was the only escape. If you put on a record, its not gonna yell at you about the way you dress, its gonna make you feel better about it.

Michael Moore: If you were to talk directly to the kids at Columbine or the people in that community, what would you say to them if they were here right now?
Marilyn Manson: I wouldn't say a single word to them. I would listen to what they have to say, and that's what no one did.

cantthinkofanything
09-24-2012, 11:05 AM
I didn't say I liked his music, was just saying in interviews I've seen him in he seems to be a good speaker

WTF did you expect? He's a white geek that was able to put together some catchy tunes and combine it with a manufactured persona that made him millions of dollars.

Did you expect him to sound like Old Dirty Bastard or something?

Whoever above had it right. You're just trying to validate the fact you like his music.

Charles Manson
09-24-2012, 11:09 AM
Never did much care for his music.

Trill Clinton
09-24-2012, 11:44 AM

I don't know. what movie is the .gif from?

cantthinkofanything
09-24-2012, 11:45 AM
I don't know. what movie is the .gif from?

Man On Fire

DisAsTerBot
09-24-2012, 11:49 AM
:lmao please enlighten us to which rappers are actually out selling dope and shooting people

lol lil wayne "blood"

lol speaking of fake bloods...

Trill Clinton
09-24-2012, 11:54 AM
lol speaking of fake bloods...

:lmao

HeatChamps
09-24-2012, 12:00 PM
Never did much care for his music.
:lol

MultiTroll
06-08-2017, 04:07 PM
Yep.

MultiTroll
06-08-2017, 04:07 PM
OP is correct...just look up his quotes.

I had that thought about ten years ago-dude/chick whatever looks gay & weird as shit- but he was dropping truth bombs left and right about religion, politics, the media,etc...
yep

MultiTroll
06-08-2017, 04:08 PM
WTF did you expect? He's a white geek that was able to put together some catchy tunes and combine it with a manufactured persona that made him millions of dollars.

Did you expect him to sound like Old Dirty Bastard or something?

Whoever above had it right. You're just trying to validate the fact you like his music.
canstinkupeverything you and the other angry birds on this thread sound really butthurt about Marilyn.

MultiTroll
06-08-2017, 04:12 PM
I could never look past the makeup tbh.
I always avoided him due to the look and what little of his songs I accidentally heard.
But then last Sat as I was enjoying betting earnings from predicting a Greg Pop getting owned by Mike Brown in Games 2 3 4 parlay'd......the club put on this song.
I kind of like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5LZ8YErl2M

Kyle Orton
06-08-2017, 04:17 PM
:lol Faggs

Reck
06-08-2017, 04:21 PM
The use of hard drugs caught up with this guy. He went on an episode of the talking dead and completely shit the bed. Guy was talking about aliens and shit.

MultiTroll
06-08-2017, 04:26 PM
:lol Faggs
Style Shorten

Spur|n|Austin
06-09-2017, 05:45 PM
Yep.

:lol pull up a thread from 5 years ago just to say "yep".

Reck
06-09-2017, 06:26 PM

He's done worse. He once bumped a 15 year old thread. He's making progress.

UNT Eagles 2016
06-09-2017, 08:54 PM

yeah, because this was bumped from so long ago, I had to Google to make sure Manson had not died.

Avante
06-10-2017, 02:02 AM
The guy is a freak, any man calling himself Marilyn and wearing the shit he does, yep...an idiot.

spurraider21
06-10-2017, 03:41 AM
never particularly cared for his music, and he's... eccentric

dont care enough one way or another to have a strong opinion

Silver&Black
06-10-2017, 06:01 PM
Was never a Manson fan....

Saw him perform (with a bunch of other bands/groups) in New Orleans many a year ago. Best performance I've ever seen live. By faaaaaar. Became a fan that night.

Fabbs
06-11-2017, 06:56 PM
Was never a Manson fan....

Saw him perform (with a bunch of other bands/groups) in New Orleans many a year ago. Best performance I've ever seen live. By faaaaaar. Became a fan that night.
Yep. Just watched the live version.
Good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdEfpgTACqo

LaMarcus Bryant
06-11-2017, 08:36 PM
Had a chance to see him towards the end of a metal festival... But I was so exhausted from slayer I decided to bail. Kinda regret not sticking around for it.