vs

2003 Kidd- 2012 DWill- 2010 Melo- 2005 Amar'e- 2012 Chandler
2010 Felton- 2010 Johnson- 2010 Crash- 2012 Humphries- 2004 Sheed

vs

2006 Nash- 2007 Kobe- 2004 Artest- 2010 Pau- 2011 Dwight
2009 Blake- 2012 Goudelock- 2007 Jamison- 2012 Hill

Leetonidas
09-24-2012, 07:40 PM
Duncan/Dirk on the same time? With a prime Carter?

Texas, hands down

ALVAREZ6
09-24-2012, 07:53 PM
Not even remotely close.

Texas obviously would push NY's shit in.

racm
09-24-2012, 08:19 PM
Texas.

Also, LA? YOu forgot about 2008 Paul/1999 Hill LOL

baseline bum
09-24-2012, 08:23 PM
Prime New York would get all the calls.

Lincoln
09-24-2012, 08:39 PM
Fuck the offseason

Latarian Milton
09-24-2012, 08:40 PM
^ losing kidd to NY was a bitter blunder for texas imho, a decisive powershift

Kidd K
09-24-2012, 09:21 PM
2012 Parker-2005 Manu-2001 Carter-2011 Dirk-2003 Duncan
2012 Lin- 2004 Jackson - 2003 Marion- 2007 Brand- 2010 Kaman

vs

2003 Kidd- 2012 DWill- 2010 Melo- 2005 Amar'e- 2012 Chandler
2010 Felton- 2010 Johnson- 2010 Crash- 2012 Humphries- 2004 Sheed

vs

2006 Nash- 2007 Kobe- 2004 Artest- 2010 Pau- 2011 Dwight
2009 Blake- 2012 Goudelock- 2007 Jamison- 2012 Hill

I wanted to say Texas, but the backup PG you chose for them would probably throw the game away since he's an overrated scrub. I'd switch the teams around some tbh. Such as using Ginobili as the PG 100% of the time Parker isn't on the floor, but also getting some time at SG/SF so he doesn't just get backup minutes.

For Texas, I'd use a 5 man rotation for the guard/SF spots and bench Lin except for garbage time. Much better results that way. I'd do the same thing with NY, eliminating Felton and using DWill as 100% of the backup minutes + sharing a bit of the time at SG. If you really want a 12 man roster I'd throw Martin in there for scrub minutes. He can score at least.

For LA, where are the Clippers players on team LA? Griffin? Paul? Butler? Grant Hill? Odom? Billups? K-Mart? You didn't think any of them should be on the team? If anything, Paul could be starting over Nash even with his 2008 years. Blake as backup PF. Hill as backup SG, Odom backup SF. I guess Jamison or K-Mart would have to play C though.

Duncan/Dirk on the same time? With a prime Carter?

Texas, hands down

Why mention prime Carter and not prime Parker and Manu? Especially Manu, who at his peak was better than Carter at his peak minus the windmill dunks.

And yes, I don't consider higher PPG and that's in (on shit teams) as more impressive. Manu > Carter both on the GOAT list, and at their respective career peaks.

jeebus
09-24-2012, 09:26 PM
Fuck the offseason

:tu

training camp needs to start already. I'm tired of hearing about josh fucking howard.

irishock
09-24-2012, 10:15 PM
I didn't put the Clippers because they'd storm any team you put at 'em. Just the Lakers is enough. Gotta be some competition.

I simply put 10 man rotations there. If I was coaching, I agree with benching the scrub Lin (he's the best backup PG for any Texan team lol). I'd play an 8 man rotation with a starting 5 of Parker, Jackson, Marion, Dirk and Tim (great defense+offense punch) with Manu, Carter and Brand off the bench.

Venti Quattro
09-24-2012, 10:43 PM
Fuck the offseason

Kidd K
09-24-2012, 11:02 PM
I didn't put the Clippers because they'd storm any team you put at 'em. Just the Lakers is enough. Gotta be some competition.

I simply put 10 man rotations there. If I was coaching, I agree with benching the scrub Lin (he's the best backup PG for any Texan team lol). I'd play an 8 man rotation with a starting 5 of Parker, Jackson, Marion, Dirk and Tim (great defense+offense punch) with Manu, Carter and Brand off the bench.

That Texas team doesn't sound like it'd struggle that much with the LA team tbh. Let's not forget how great prime Duncan was, plus the factor of already known to work well with Parker/Manu. Then you have Marion on there too. . .that team has the best defense and a very good offense too. Team LA would have the best offense though probably. . .but if you're realistic:

prime Duncan >>> prime Howard (not even close)
Dirk >> Gasol (shreds Gasol on offense)
Marion = Artest (pretty good matchup here)
Manu < Kobe (but not by a lot)
Parker < Paul (but Parker plays Paul well)

bench: Texas has no answer for Nash, but that's why I'd put Manu there. . .good perimeter defender and handles the ball as well as a PG. I think prime Brand (underrated) would match up well with or beat current Griffin. Prime Carter would also beat prime Billups or Butler

So I don't think it'd be some kind of steamroll tbh. At least with 8 man rotations. LA would be able to slot in Odom and Grant Hill too, where Texas would have to try to counter that with just Jackson and Martin. Tough matchups there. I think it'd be a lot closer than you think. A lot of LA's punch is in "PPG", but there's only so many shots you get per game. So those guys who are great scorers have to do other things to win. . .something that the Texas players have already been doing for years.

Basically, I'm dropping the "chemistry" and "fits better together" argument. :P Other than Carter of course, who's mostly just a PPG guy too. But Duncan? Parker? Ginobili? Marion? 4 of their 5 starters, other being the great Dirk. All LA has is Artest and their PGs who's main impact isn't PPG. And that's not where their star power is (Kobe, Gasol, Howard). So I think it wouldn't neccessarily be an all star game showdown.

Long post, but yeah, was an interesting thread.

Lincoln
09-25-2012, 02:10 AM
That Texas team doesn't sound like it'd struggle that much with the LA team tbh. Let's not forget how great prime Duncan was, plus the factor of already known to work well with Parker/Manu. Then you have Marion on there too. . .that team has the best defense and a very good offense too. Team LA would have the best offense though probably. . .but if you're realistic:

bench: Texas has no answer for Nash, but that's why I'd put Manu there. . .good perimeter defender and handles the ball as well as a PG. I think prime Brand (underrated) would match up well with or beat current Griffin. Prime Carter would also beat prime Billups or Butler

So I don't think it'd be some kind of steamroll tbh. At least with 8 man rotations. LA would be able to slot in Odom and Grant Hill too, where Texas would have to try to counter that with just Jackson and Martin. Tough matchups there. I think it'd be a lot closer than you think. A lot of LA's punch is in "PPG", but there's only so many shots you get per game. So those guys who are great scorers have to do other things to win. . .something that the Texas players have already been doing for years.

Basically, I'm dropping the "chemistry" and "fits better together" argument. :P Other than Carter of course, who's mostly just a PPG guy too. But Duncan? Parker? Ginobili? Marion? 4 of their 5 starters, other being the great Dirk. All LA has is Artest and their PGs who's main impact isn't PPG. And that's not where their star power is (Kobe, Gasol, Howard). So I think it wouldn't neccessarily be an all star game showdown.

Cool arrow arguments. You're a faggot.

irishock
09-25-2012, 06:41 AM

Agreed as well.

The NY team :rollin

Latarian Milton
09-25-2012, 10:11 AM

appreciate your effort mayne

duncan was the joint most dominant big of the league in his prime (the other being shaq), the height that DH has never come close to and never will. dirk would be a nightmare mismatch at PF to the LA's counterpart just like in the real life, no matter it's Pau or monkeyball.

nash is a worldclass talent in offense and it'd be very hard to stop him, but having him on court means it'd leave an obvious weaklink at the other end of the floor which the texas team can easily make the most of. LA seem to have a stronger backcourt while texas have the edge in the paint, really a hard call between these two

the NY team would be the best of the 3 it seems to me tbh. they got a prime Kidd who was the most complete player of his generation. the likes of amare, d-will, melo are all elite players and don't forget the prime camby and his backup TC who'd provide solid defense in the paint

but didn't read :lol

flipspursfan
09-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Team Texas definitely. But my lineup for them would be:

Tony - Manu - Marion - Dirk - Duncan
Lin - Carter - Jackson - Brand - Kaman

I'd start Marion so I can put him on Bryant. The only thing we need to know next is that both prime Dirk and Tim are on the same lineup and so is one of the best backcourt combos in the current NBA. Also, that second string would kill.

L:lolL NY

Blake
09-25-2012, 12:02 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about cuts of beef.

I could go for a ribeye from Saltgrass right about now