PDA

View Full Version : sons do not blame the replacement refs, blame 1 man - Roger Goodell

BRHornet45
09-25-2012, 03:54 AM
sons you can hate on me, other Saints fans, and the Saints all you want ... but the reality is that Goodell has been under pressure to "do something" about all of the yearly complaints about improving the safety of a traditionally violent and rough game so he needed a scapegoat to blame and he chose to make an example out of the Saints. most of the "bounty" talk nonsense was nothing more than locker room trash talk and has been going on for decades by every NFL team out there, but Goodell knew that if he placed all of the blame on one of the top 5 most popular teams at the time then it would attract much more attention and would be a great PR move showing the public that the NFL is "doing something" about it. show me a single list of players that were knocked out of a game during this so called "bounty system" and I'll match it with a list of Saints players who were knocked out of games as well.

now with the replacement referee nonsense no one should be angry or blaming anyone in this situation except Roger Goodell. The simple fact that Goodell himself is raking in $20 million a year while the average NFL official made $70,000-$149,000 last year speaks volumes. why would you jeopardize the integrity of the game by putting in glorified, high school football officials to work NFL games? Goodell is a disgrace and not only should he not be in the position that he is in, he also needs his ass beat for being a self righteous sack of shit.

Sigz
09-25-2012, 09:49 AM
Actually to be completely fair; you have to blame the NFL owners (who Goodell works for).