PDA

View Full Version : All I want to do is read the f'ing story

cantthinkofanything
09-25-2012, 10:08 AM
More and more often, I'm having to watch a fucking video to get a news or sports story. I was just at a football site where the story was:

The great Tate debate : Was the Seahawks' Hail Mary a touchdown? Steve Mariucci analyzes the controversial final play. Read.

So I click on "Read" and it takes me to a video.

bus driver
09-25-2012, 11:51 AM
youre old school :wakeup

cantthinkofanything
09-25-2012, 12:43 PM
youre old school :wakeup

LMAO. I know you know what I'm talking about.

I don't want to watch 15 seconds of advertising followed by 2 1/2 minutes of someone reporting something that I could have scanned through myself in about 20 seconds.

And while I'm at it, don't fucking put lists in slideshows. Again, I don't want to trudge through 40 slides to find out if someone's top 10 best basketball players are correct or not.

TimDunkem
09-25-2012, 12:55 PM
I agree with you on all points. For me, all of these "articles" seem to pop up every time I'm really interested in actually reading the story that's being covered; it's fucking annoying.

DMC
09-25-2012, 12:59 PM
The problem is you guys are falling for the teaser. When you see the teaser, do a search on Google and find the story. Teasers lead to ads, else no reason to get your attention.

cantthinkofanything
09-25-2012, 01:18 PM
The problem is you guys are falling for the teaser. When you see the teaser, do a search on Google and find the story. Teasers lead to ads, else no reason to get your attention.

The problem is that we are slowly being phased out of basic communication skills so at some point, all we know to do is click on a icon or watch a video. My guess is that once the written word is eliminated, we won't have any way to warn future generations about why our world ended.

And also to be able to completely shut off communication by turning off the electricity.