PDA

View Full Version : Kendall Gill the boxer?

jalbre6
06-26-2005, 02:39 AM
I just saw a blurb on ESPN news that former Bull Kendall Gill just won his first pro bout with a 1st round TKO tonight.

Who the fuck gets knocked into submission by an NBA player? In one round? Who the fuck did he fight? Danica Patrick? Elton John? Ray Allen? Did they find the all-time loser from bumfights.com and promise a bottle of Crown if he goes down?

atlfan25
06-26-2005, 02:45 AM
what does having played in the nba have to do with his ability to box?

jalbre6
06-26-2005, 02:56 AM
Kendall Gill just retired at age 38 this last season. I'd guess that whoever he was fighting was a few years younger and have been fighting for a lot longer time. And a first round KO to a first time fighter has got to be embarassing.

"Kendall Gill the enforcer" wasn't something I heard a lot during his playing days, if ever. In fairness I'm not saying he was a crappy player either...In '97 he averaged over 21 points a game.

spurs_2108
06-26-2005, 03:22 AM
Dennis Rodman can box...

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-26-2005, 04:32 AM
Just goes to show... when players get in fights in the NBA, the refs should let them braw. Would be much better bball.

3rdCoast
06-26-2005, 04:58 AM
what does having played in the nba have to do with his ability to box?

It has plenty. Both are professional sports and if a person(Kendall) dedicated his life on perfecting one sport(basketball/NBA), then it would not be assumed that he can be equally as great at the other professional sport in question(Boxing).

I know there have been exceptions to this, but look at what you know from real life.

N.Y. Johnny
06-26-2005, 12:21 PM
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/images/17_5_2004_s16f.jpg

I don't know how people doubt NBA Guys boxing.

Lamar Odom kicked Roy Jones Jr.'s ass a couple of times remember?

atlfan25
06-26-2005, 12:29 PM
It has plenty. Both are professional sports and if a person(Kendall) dedicated his life on perfecting one sport(basketball/NBA), then it would not be assumed that he can be equally as great at the other professional sport in question(Boxing).

I know there have been exceptions to this, but look at what you know from real life.
tell me how much he boxed before he came into the nba? in the offseason? i'm just saying cuz he played on the nba means we can make no assumptions on his boxing ability.

Robert E. Lee
06-26-2005, 12:38 PM
I think that I could have taken Gil out, had I been equipt with ma musket.

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-26-2005, 04:20 PM
Nope, not as fat as Barkley.

http://www.8countproductions.com/includes/poster.jpg

orhe
06-27-2005, 08:38 AM

ok.. you lost me there? wtf did that really happen?

Cant_Be_Faded
06-28-2005, 12:38 AM
"Kendall Gill's comin to tha comic book sto daddy!"
--DeeDee from the cult kids comedy show "My Brotha and Me"

SpursFanDan
06-28-2005, 12:44 AM
Yeah, I remember that guy... he used to try so hard to be jordan, he wore his shoes, sweat bands, the braces... he was practically obbsessed, and this was all happening when Jordan was still in the league.

Horry For 3!
06-28-2005, 03:24 AM
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/images/17_5_2004_s16f.jpg

I don't know how people doubt NBA Guys boxing.

Umm that isn't Lamar Odom lmao

That was Otis Grant vs Roy Jones Jr

Nov 14, 1998 and Grant got TKOed in the 10th round :smokin

fraga
06-28-2005, 08:09 AM
Did anybody actually see who he was fighting....it was some little nobody...and all Kenall Gill was doing was basicall muscling him to the floor with his body and not really his punches. If he gets into the ring with a real boxer....he's gonna get seriously hurt...