PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Bowen Memorial Fantasy Battle 2012

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Hi guys,

The BBMFB is back for 2012! Only 4 managers answered the call when the email went out a fortnight ago, so I'm putting this here to remind you.

The following managers from last year haven't signed up again yet - you get first priority, please sign up ASAP so I can stop worrying about it!

Bowen's Kung-Fu
BrazilSpursTalk
Joe Spurs Joe
DieMrBond
SpursBrazil
Urunobili
TJFord TP

http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba
League #7819
Password: kobestopper

Thanks,

Ruff

MI21
09-26-2012, 09:14 PM
Can I do it this time?

I remembered!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-26-2012, 09:18 PM
Yup, get in there!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-26-2012, 09:18 PM
Why don't you give the roto a go too!

alamo50
09-27-2012, 06:27 AM
I might be interested.

Brazil
09-27-2012, 07:14 AM
I'm in obviously

I also need to defend my roto title from last year

I'll join tonite

hsxvvd
09-27-2012, 08:49 AM
My commitment level?

I've organised for a baby sitter on draft day!!!

This time.... I'm doing the double and back to back!

alamo50
09-27-2012, 10:30 AM
I might be interested.

Not interested anymore.
I'm back in the official Spurs Talk League:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203594

Brazil
09-27-2012, 11:07 AM
Not interested anymore.

u can participate to multiple leagues tbh

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Not interested anymore.

:lol @"official". Yeah, that's super-"official"! :lmao

The BBMFB is in its 4th year. I started it as a way to connect people, which is what ST is all about, and it's been a great success.

MI21 - I suggest you join both this and the roto league ASAP so you don't miss out!

DieMrBond
09-27-2012, 07:13 PM
Thanks Ruff, I haven't checked that email address in an age - maybe I should update it to one I actually use!

Signing up now...

Spurs Brazil
09-27-2012, 07:23 PM
I'm having trouble to log in the league. Got this message:

There was a problem
This league is not registered in this game. (Error #272)

DPG21920
09-27-2012, 07:30 PM
I'm in obviously

I also need to defend my roto title from last year

I'll join tonite

hi brazil

Brazil
09-27-2012, 08:01 PM
hi brazil

hi dpg

sup

ready for a new spurs season full of Matt Bonner defending DH ?

Brazil
09-27-2012, 08:02 PM
I'm having trouble to log in the league. Got this message:

There was a problem
This league is not registered in this game. (Error #272)

worked fine for me I registered

alamo50
09-28-2012, 08:41 AM
u can participate to multiple leagues tbh

Nah, I focus only on the one and only Spurs Talk League.
Great that you joined us!

alamo50
09-28-2012, 08:42 AM
:lol @"official". Yeah, that's super-"official"! :lmao

Well, that has been the name since the start.
You created another league and advertised it in here.
What's your problem?

hsxvvd
09-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Not interested anymore.

Dude.... is one team in that league... I just joined.... and deleted.... don't look too "official" to me.

Spurs Brazil
09-30-2012, 07:27 PM
done

RuffnReadyOzStyle
09-30-2012, 08:58 PM
Okay, we've got 11 players, now all we need is MI21 to get in there and I'll make the draw for draft position. ;)

Brazil
09-30-2012, 11:11 PM
@RuffnReadyOzStyle (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=1053) too bad u have such a long name, nobody is going to tag u :lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-01-2012, 12:16 AM
I wanted to change it to RnROS, but I wasn't allowed for some reason..?

What is this tagging business?

Em-City
10-01-2012, 01:08 AM
I don't mean to hi-jack, but in the meantime if anybody is interested in joining

a) a 12 team H2H 13-cat Y! league (weekly roster)
experience desired but not required.

or

b) an inaugural-year salary-based keeper league (intense) on Y! (daily roster)
experience required.

let me know.. we have 3 spots open in both leagues

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-01-2012, 01:59 AM
13-cats!? What are the extra 4?

Salary-based keeper? You mean auction format? I might be interested in trying that.

BTW, Em-city, got some spots in the roto league - please join! :)

Em-City
10-01-2012, 03:08 AM
13-cats!? What are the extra 4?

Salary-based keeper? You mean auction format? I might be interested in trying that.

BTW, Em-city, got some spots in the roto league - please join! :)

For the standard H2H league cats are:

Field Goals Made (FGM), Field Goal Percentage (FG%), Free Throws Made (FTM), Free Throw Percentage (FT%), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), 3-point Percentage (3PT%), Points Scored (PTS), Offensive Rebounds (OREB), Total Rebounds (REB), Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK), Turnovers (TO)

We're all aussies and it's pretty competitive each year :)

I've quit all my other leagues to focus on these two because they seem like they are gonna be the most competitive.

I'll send u more info on the keeper league when i get home

AussieFanKurt
10-01-2012, 06:03 AM
When's the draft?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-01-2012, 07:39 AM
When's the draft?

Both drafts are on Sunday 28 Oct at 10am and midday. Check the league front page if you get confused - it has a countdown clock!

BTW, you should play roto this year! Different challenge, bit just as fun. :)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-01-2012, 07:40 AM
As soon as the league is full, I will draw the draft order out of a hat so that people can start to think about their draft position.

alamo50
10-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Dude.... is one team in that league... I just joined.... and deleted.... don't look too "official" to me.

WTF are you talking about.
SpursTalk2013 is full with 12 returning members and we already drafted.

MI21
10-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Okay, we've got 11 players, now all we need is MI21 to get in there and I'll make the draw for draft position. ;)

Yo RuffnReadyOzStyle I tried to join but there is an issue of some sort.. I PM'ed you.

hsxvvd
10-02-2012, 12:45 AM
WTF are you talking about.
SpursTalk2013 is full with 12 returning members and we already drafted.

I just followed the link in the thead...signed up... was only one other team on the league page... so I left.

MI21
10-02-2012, 08:34 PM
I'm in :)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-02-2012, 09:20 PM
Awesome! I will do the draft order now! :)

Mate, find the roto thread and enter that too - that way you'll get a feel for the two different systems. Both are lots of fun.

MI21
10-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Awesome! I will do the draft order now! :)

Mate, find the roto thread and enter that too - that way you'll get a feel for the two different systems. Both are lots of fun.

Nah man, I don't want to be one of those people that enters a fantasy league and then stops caring about it and takes up a spot for someone competitive. There is no way I will keep track of 2 teams.

Looking forward to it, last time I was in this was the first time I ever played fantasy NBA and I owned you fools and finished 1st, only to lose in the playoffs! :lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Okay, draft order has been drawn (equally sized scraps of paper drawn randomly from a hat without looking!), here it is:

1. Urunobili
2. DieMrBond
3. Bowen's Kung Fu
4. Spurs Brazil
5. MI21
6. Manu's Wrath
7. Team Kemp
8. hsxvvd
9. Brazilspurstalk
10. AussieKurt
11. Joe Spurs Joe
12. SJC's Mid Range Game

So, you know which position you'll be drafting from, now you can think about your strategy.

BTW, an option I'm considering (offered by Yahoo) is to make all waiver and free agent transactions an auction:

In a Free Agents Acquisition Budgets (FAAB) waivers system, each manager receives a dollar amount to place blind bids on waived players. The manager with the highest bid at the end of the waiver period claims that player, and that bid amount is deducted from the team's acquisition budget. If multiple managers place an equal bid on a player, the tiebreak is as described above.

FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak
Here's another interesting option. Waiver mode:

Waiver Mode Done
Use these settings to give everyone in the league a fair chance at picking up players. Continuous means that all unowned players are on waivers at all times. Waiver claims are processed on fixed days of the week as defined by the commissioner. When a player is dropped, he must remain on waivers for a set number of days before he can be claimed; that number of days is indicated by the Waiver Time setting. Standard means that all dropped players go onto waivers for a period of time specified by the Waiver Time parameter, and if unclaimed become free agents.

Note that while changing your waiver rule or continuous waiver clear days during the season are allowed, changing either setting can lead to confusing or unexpected behavior. In particular, if your league has any outstanding waiver claims on players, or has players on waivers due to being dropped or newly added to the game, when you transition between modes or change clear days, players may not clear waivers when you might predict or expect.

Given we're all working people and are across different time zones, I'm leaning very strongly towards enabling continuous mode (with waivers processed every day).

Everyone would get $1000 to spend over the season. The advantage of this is that all transactions are processed at the same time so it avoids "first to the computer" syndrome (a problem, especially across time zones), and also it adds some interest to the game - how much are you willing to bid to acquire a special guy off waivers? Note that most players won't require a big bid, and you can set up multiple transaction in case you don't get the first guy you want. Transactions would be processed daily.

What do you guys think?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-02-2012, 10:10 PM
Also, anyone want to play roto? If so, go here for details and sign up ASAP!

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203586&p=6127485#post6127485

Thanks.

hsxvvd
10-03-2012, 06:46 AM
I happy with the advantage the time zone gives me in picking up free agents....lol

I read the Yahoo details and still remain unclear on how it effects simply picking up free agents who have cleared waivers? They would be free?

8th pick.... interesting.... would have preferred top 4 but I guess I have some work to do.

Brazil
10-03-2012, 04:36 PM
9th pick ? meh... going to be a struggle, huge drop after the top 5 tbh

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-03-2012, 06:33 PM
I happy with the advantage the time zone gives me in picking up free agents....lol

I read the Yahoo details and still remain unclear on how it effects simply picking up free agents who have cleared waivers? They would be free?

8th pick.... interesting.... would have preferred top 4 but I guess I have some work to do.

There are two ways to go hsxxvd - in one the auction system only affects players who go onto waivers when they are dropped, in the other it affects all players on waivers and all FAs. In the latter system you'd just make a nominal (small) bid to grab a guy who is on waivers and probably not going to be contested by another manager (eg. $1-5 out of the $1000 you are allocated).

I'm keen to give this a go with at least for dropped players, but I think it makes sense to apply to all players due to injury announcements. We would have the waiver auction run every day, so not much would change except the auction format. You'd still have a maximum of 30 transactions in a year too.

Thoughts people?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-03-2012, 06:36 PM
BTW, still looking for roto players, so if you want to give that a go, sign up here:

http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba
League #7830
Password: spurstalk

DieMrBond
10-03-2012, 07:15 PM
Holy crap, second pick! Oh, let me count the ways I can stuff this one up :D

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-04-2012, 02:50 AM
Unless there is major opposition, I think we're going to trial the auction system for waived players only, but leave normal FAs available without an auction. Note that this means that after the draft, when all players go onto waivers until they pass through the waiver system, there might be some interesting auctions as people restructure their teams. I'll give each team $100 to bid on waived players for the year.

This affects you guys, so please read what I've said and tell me your thoughts.

AussieFanKurt
10-04-2012, 06:57 AM
Man I always get shitty placed picks. Oh well

hsxvvd
10-04-2012, 07:00 AM
I like it on waived players only. Seems fairer.

hsxvvd
10-04-2012, 07:01 AM
Ruffy used a handicap system on the draft order.. DieMrBond :lol

DieMrBond
10-04-2012, 08:09 PM
*gasp* I'm offended hsxvvd ! I earned my place in the completely random draft through hard work and perseverance!

AussieFanKurt
10-27-2012, 06:53 PM
Only a bit over an hour until draft time!

DieMrBond
10-27-2012, 11:38 PM
Oh crap, I forgot the draft time again :/ Time to login and see how I went I guess...