PDA

View Full Version : F*&#!

Yonivore
09-09-2004, 03:11 PM
http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2004/images/ivan090804-2015z.jpg

FLORIDIANS MAY BE SCREWED FOR DECADES! (http://www.aberdeennews.com/mld/aberdeennews/news/nation/9603303.htm)

exstatic
09-09-2004, 03:30 PM
Maybe FL will go Demo this time, since there seems to be a little something to this global warming shit, afterall.:fro

Yonivore
09-09-2004, 03:49 PM
I think we all agree the globe is warming...but, it's the cause over which we disagree.

Reasonable, sensible people recognize this planet has cycled through about 7 to 9 ice ages with interceding warm periods. Henny Penny environmentalists that think there was environmental stasis until the 20th century are the only ones that believe man can have a significant lasting impact on the global environment.

Did you know the sun is a bit hotter and more active in the past decade?

Were you aware there is a growing body of evidence that global warming may actually be a good thing? Sure, it'll displace a few million people because of rising tides but, the growing seasons are lengthened and crops can be raised in more areas in the world.

Then, the rain forests can return...etc...

Quit bucking nature, she knows what she's doing.

exstatic
09-09-2004, 04:01 PM
Yes, I'm aware that there is a cycle of warming and cooling on the planet. Trouble is, we're supposed to be in a cooling cycle now, not a warming one. Mother nature also has little or nothing to do with greenhouse gasses being released.

Yonivore
09-09-2004, 04:06 PM
"Trouble is, we're supposed to be in a cooling cycle now, not a warming one."
Says who?

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-09-2004, 07:13 PM
These hurricanes are pissing me off, I've been trying to get to a job interview down there in Ft. Myers for three weeks now, every time it gets set up a friggin' hurricane comes.

Yonivore
09-09-2004, 07:15 PM
Okay, ask yourself..."Am I sure I want to work in Ft. Myers?"

SpursWoman
09-10-2004, 01:59 AM
No shit. :lol :lol

Okay, I admit to not really knowing dick about hurricanes, other than they are Mother Nature at her most bloated....so excuse me if this question seems stupid....but why are hurricanes prevalent in the Atlantic Ocean, and not in the Pacific? Like you never here about parts of California getting wiped off the map?

Nbadan
09-10-2004, 02:04 AM
but why are hurricanes prevalent in the Atlantic Ocean, and not in the Pacific?

Because in the Pacific they are called a Typhoon.

:lol j/k

Yonivore
09-10-2004, 02:06 AM
If I'm not mistaken, SW, they all move west so, they head to Japan as typhoons.

Tommy Duncan
09-10-2004, 02:15 AM
Dude.

The President of the United States is a Bush.

And get this.

The Governor of Florida is a...

...yes...

Bush.

You think these hurricanes are any accident?

Then you are under the spell of the neocons. They and the Illuminati, Benji, Halliburton, Ed McMahon, CIA, and God Almighty have conspired to throw this election to George W. Bush.

exstatic
09-10-2004, 02:19 AM
SW, hurricanes, or typhoons as they are called in the Pacific, generate in a East to Wast travel pattern. The ones we get originate off of Africa, but never strike there. Just ask the folks in Japan, Taiwan, and the rest of the Western Pacific if they don't have a lot of them. :wink

SpursWoman
09-10-2004, 02:23 AM
I'm familiar with typhoons........I just wondered why our western coast doesn't get nailed like the eastern one does.

That whole *direction* thing would explain it. :lol

But they get the earthquakes and the wild fires, so I guess it all evens out. :lol

Thanks. :makeout

Yonivore
09-10-2004, 02:38 AM
Some storms do roll off South America and hit the Baja Peninsula or come through Mexico to Texas before they get goin' west.

These are named storms if they reach strength...and, I do believe they are called hurricanes by the NOAA.

So, it happens.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-10-2004, 02:58 AM
lol, I'm beginning to ask myself the same. But I keep coming back to the paycheck, not to mention being three hours from Miami and South Beach (with paycheck in tote).

:shock

If anyone knows of any jobs available closer to home, please let me know though...

Yonivore
09-10-2004, 03:00 AM
Well, after Saturday or Sunday, Florida may be closer to home. Parts of it anyway.

MannyIsGod
09-10-2004, 03:04 AM
hurricanes can travel north to southern california, but it's rare. the water in that part of the pacific is generaly very cold, and not suitable for hurricane development.

Yonivore
09-10-2004, 03:10 AM
Here you go for those that are interested: Pacific Hurricane Center (http://www.prh.noaa.gov/hnl/cphc/)