PDA

View Full Version : Is Harden worth the max?

racm
09-28-2012, 09:55 AM
Lefty, Euro-stepper, amazing shooter, flopper. Manu certainly didn't get the max, which is a huge part of why the Spurs remained competitive for so long.

Or he could end up like Joe Johnson, where a team desperate for a star player throws huge money at him and OKC refuses to match because they're cheap.

whitemamba
09-28-2012, 10:00 AM
do you think hes really proved him self as a max contract player? i mean he deserves to get paid,, dont get me wrong, but he choked in the finals.. total no show, id pay him 7-10 million a year, but with the new CBA worthless players are getting max contracts.. harden is def a baller, but hasnt proved himself IMO to get a serious pay day.

Venti Quattro
09-28-2012, 10:04 AM
I'll have a good laugh at the team who will give James Harden a max contract.

Latarian Milton
09-28-2012, 10:04 AM
the suns didn't lose johnson for nothing at least they got a 1st rounder and boris diaw in return. if they know they're losing him anyway they'll seek a chance to deal him away instead of losing him for free imho

whitemamba
09-28-2012, 10:06 AM
do you guys think he even wants to stay in OKC? i feel like his head is gettin to big...

Clipper Nation
09-28-2012, 10:06 AM
With the new flop rules, Harden just went from the max to a 10-day contract, tbh...

whitemamba
09-28-2012, 10:08 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2wgrsx2ad1r7q0vjo1_500.gif

cracks me up everytime

Latarian Milton
09-28-2012, 10:09 AM
do you think hes really proved him self as a max contract player? i mean he deserves to get paid,, dont get me wrong, but he choked in the finals.. total no show, id pay him 7-10 million a year, but with the new CBA worthless players are getting max contracts.. harden is def a baller, but hasnt proved himself IMO to get a serious pay day.

nigga's value has shrunk by more than a half after his shitty performances in the finals and the olympic games but there's still a good chance he'll get paid from some stupid franchise the money he doesn't deserve. 7-10 million might be the proper price for him but he's gonna get paid twice that figure more likely than not tbh

whitemamba
09-28-2012, 10:13 AM
nigga's value has shrunk by more than a half after his shitty performances in the finals and the olympic games but there's still a good chance he'll get paid from some stupid franchise the money he doesn't deserve. 7-10 million might be the proper price for him but he's gonna get paid twice that figure more likely than not tbh

agreed. i didnt even know he played for okc in the finals..how many years does he have left? and how the fuck is OKC going to pay all these guys. westbrick,iblaka,harden..

racm
09-28-2012, 10:14 AM
the suns didn't lose johnson for nothing at least they got a 1st rounder and boris diaw in return. if they know they're losing him anyway they'll seek a chance to deal him away instead of losing him for free imho

Turning Joe Johnson into Boris Diaw/Rajon Rondo/Robin Lopez? Why not.

Of course, none of those players are on the Suns roster now.

It's also worth noting that Manu never got the max and has 3 rings as a result, with two coming after his first extension. Harden = 0 rings. :downspin:

whitemamba
09-28-2012, 10:15 AM
Turning Joe Johnson into Boris Diaw/Rajon Rondo/Robin Lopez? Why not.

Of course, none of those players are on the Suns roster now.

It's also worth noting that Manu never got the max and has 3 rings as a result, with two coming after his first extension. Harden = 0 rings. :downspin:

manu has some class man, these thug niggas want their cash more than anything

racm
09-28-2012, 10:15 AM
agreed. i didnt even know he played for okc in the finals..how many years does he have left? and how the fuck is OKC going to pay all these guys. westbrick,iblaka,harden..

Sucks to have a young core taken with consecutive top 5 picks. And paying a big man who can only shoot jumpers and block shots an eight digit salary? :rollin

racm
09-28-2012, 10:16 AM
manu has some class man, these thug niggas want their cash more than anything

Osama bin Harden, tbh

Venti Quattro
09-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Manu won't get the max contract because there is only one max contract player in San Antone. These are the things that we know.

racm
09-28-2012, 10:18 AM
Manu won't get the max contract because there is only one max contract player in San Antone. These are the things that we know.

Pretty much. And Duncan took a huge pay cut this summer so they could pay Diaw more money. :lol

Also

:lmao Presti
:lmao two max contracts already
:lmao paying Westbrick a max contract

Venti Quattro
09-28-2012, 10:20 AM
And Duncan took a huge pay cut this summer so they could pay Diaw more money. :lol
wtf Duncan

Clipper Nation
09-28-2012, 10:21 AM
:lol Presti
:lol Keeping Westbrick but trading Eric Bledsoe to them Clippers
:lol Extending Vinny del Brooks after his utter lack of adjustments cost them a ring

irishock
09-28-2012, 10:23 AM
Fuck no. Doesn't play a lick of defense, doesn't show up for the Finals and only gets his points from Durant and Westbrook getting all the attraction.

lefty
09-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Fuck no. Doesn't play a lick of defense, doesn't show up for the Finals and only gets his points from Durant and Westbrook getting all the attraction.
yup

racm
09-28-2012, 10:35 AM
wtf Duncan

To be fair, it was Danny Green who got the biggest pay raise.

Kevin 'Urant
Russell Westbrick
James "Osama bin" Harden

he's got Manu's skills but not the heart, tbh

He was also pretty bad in the Olympics, guy got crossed over by some random Nigerian :lmao

Venti Quattro
09-28-2012, 10:36 AM
He was also pretty bad in the Olympics, guy got crossed over by some random Nigerian :lmao

:lmao Harden got his KFC taken away from him

racm
09-28-2012, 10:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXAS-FxnNbI

Spurs9
09-28-2012, 11:51 AM
no

DMC
09-28-2012, 01:17 PM
Hell no. He's a good 6th man but there should only be one max player per team and even then only if he's a Lebron type player.

resistanze
09-28-2012, 02:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXAS-FxnNbI

:lol That never gets old.

http://nbcprobasketballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/james-harden-no-crossover.jpg

mavs>spurs
09-28-2012, 02:54 PM
harden is worth about 10-11..yall are crazy acting like anyone is going to sign a player of his caliber for 7 gtfo with that

Kai
09-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Sure. In today's NBA he is.

TIMMYtoZO
09-28-2012, 05:12 PM
Hell no he isn't. He isn't athletic, his D sucks, and he doesn't do much on O when he isn't falling to the floor when he drives. He got exposed in the Finals. :lol at the Manu comparisons. I fail to see how they compare other than flopping.

baseline bum
09-28-2012, 05:16 PM
Yes. A typical max contract now isn't close to what it used to be. No more 7 year deals with 12% raises. A typical max deal for a RFA is now 4 years with 4.5% raises. Harden will surely get that and the Thunder would be fools not to match.

100%duncan
09-28-2012, 05:46 PM
:lol That never gets old.

http://nbcprobasketballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/james-harden-no-crossover.jpg

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Kai
09-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Look guys, there is a certain talent threshold in the league that constitutes a max contract. Some players (LeBron, Kobe, Dwight, etc) are far (faaaar) and above that threshold, and if teams could pay them more, they would. The fact of the matter is, the salary cap and contract limitations makes superstars underpaid, while some players get paid an amount more deserving of their skill level. James Harden is in the echelon of players that deserve a modern day max contract.

If the question was "Is James Harden a superstar?", I'd say hell no.

DAF86
09-28-2012, 06:22 PM
I would say no but then I remember that Joe Johnson got a max contract so I don't know.

Pelicans78
09-28-2012, 06:23 PM
He was worth the max to OKC last season, at least in the regular season.

Latarian Milton
09-28-2012, 06:52 PM
Look guys, there is a certain talent threshold in the league that constitutes a max contract. Some players (LeBron, Kobe, Dwight, etc) are far (faaaar) and above that threshold, and if teams could pay them more, they would. The fact of the matter is, the salary cap and contract limitations makes superstars underpaid, while some players get paid an amount more deserving of their skill level. James Harden is in the echelon of players that deserve a modern day max contract.

If the question was "Is James Harden a superstar?", I'd say hell no.

as long as they don't take 35 million bucks over 2 years for basically playing no games, im OK with it tbh

Kidd K
09-28-2012, 09:32 PM
A 'max deal' for him is about 14m a year.

So it's not like we're quite talking 18m/year. He needs another 3 years in the NBA to qualify for that.

He's also young and has been getting better every year. And he's solid already. 3 year player with good offensive promise and on a team with two players who eat up a lot of possessions with all their shot attempts. So there's even more possible potential if given a larger role.

But no, probably north worth it, but I could see him getting it, or something close to it by a team who's coming off of tanking and wants to add a little extra to jumpstart their franchise. Or some rich team could trade for his rights after this season and just go over their salary cap like the Lakers did with Nash.

I'd guess he gets somewhere in the 12-13m for 3 years area. Possibly a max deal depending on how this next season goes and if he improves or looks especially dominant in his role which is naturally reduced by playing with Durant and Westbrook who consumed literally half of OKC's shot attempts per game last season. They also commit nearly half the team's total turnovers per game too.

When you play with two players who eat up that many possessions, jesus, it's practically a miracle Harden still managed to score 17 PPG.

He'd never sign for 7m a year or even consider it. Half of max deal? lol. He'd laugh in your face.

Consider, Omer Asik is getting 8m. Haywood is getting 7m. Jameer Nelson: 8.6m. Carlos Boozer: 15m. declined Kobe: 29m (average of his last 2 seasons remaining on contract). Felton was getting 7.5m last year. Jamal Crawford was getting 10.8m last year.

When you compare to people who are getting roughly the same as or more money than what a max deal for Harden would be, he is clearly worth it.

Harden's not a cornerstone player to give the ball to and expect 30 PPG, or to expect to shut down the opposing offense, but he's an excellent piece that would work on almost any team.

Kai
09-29-2012, 12:58 AM
Is there a 2 guard in the league anyone would rather have going forward in the next 7 or so years?

baseline bum
09-29-2012, 01:12 AM
Is there a 2 guard in the league anyone would rather have going forward in the next 7 or so years?

Yeah, I'd definitely take him over Gordon and Gordon just showed the market for a player of his ability is a 4 year max deal. That's what Harden is getting unless he blows out his knee or contracts AIDS.

JRHernandez88
09-29-2012, 01:37 AM
Nope

mavs>spurs
09-29-2012, 01:44 AM
Nope

still worth more than any wetback player tho

JRHernandez88
09-29-2012, 01:53 AM
still worth more than any wetback player tho

Lmao what are you a interet thug or what

JRHernandez88
09-29-2012, 02:16 AM
Oh and your boy terry reppin green now you need to swap out thay pic lmao

mavs>spurs
09-29-2012, 03:13 AM
Oh and your boy terry reppin green now you need to swap out thay pic lmao

You need to swap out the condiment packed tacos and burritos for more complex carbs before you get your little brown cock cuckolded by beetus.

whitemamba
09-29-2012, 03:45 AM
You need to swap out the condiment packed tacos and burritos for more complex carbs before you get your little brown cock cuckolded by beetus.

:lol:lol:lol

scanry
09-29-2012, 06:51 AM

No you didn't. :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
09-29-2012, 11:46 AM
:lmao

TimDunkem
09-29-2012, 12:10 PM
:lol

JRHernandez88
09-29-2012, 03:41 PM
Lmao yal internet thugs corny

Clipper Nation
04-23-2014, 11:42 PM
James Harden is in the echelon of players that deserve a modern day max contract.
:lmao