PDA

View Full Version : Carjacker shoots self on live TV.

DesignatedT
09-28-2012, 03:07 PM
video: http://www.mediaite.com/tv/graphic-carjacker-shoots-self-on-live-television-at-end-of-high-speed-chase/

cantthinkofanything
09-28-2012, 03:16 PM
did he diedid?

DesignatedT
09-28-2012, 03:25 PM
dead

mingus
09-28-2012, 04:43 PM
I was watching Shepard Smith when it happened. You could see it coming. At least he didn't pull the gun on innocents.

xellos88330
09-28-2012, 04:46 PM
VKgyH9k1CSM

Don't do drugs.

Viva Las Espuelas
09-28-2012, 04:47 PM
Shepard's a weird dude. How could they not have had that on a delay? He always sounds insincere with his delivery

Viva Las Espuelas
09-28-2012, 04:48 PM
and it was "graphic" at all. i was expecting a nice splatter at least.

Woo Bum-kon
09-28-2012, 04:52 PM
:lol Shepard Smith was freaking out.

Woo Bum-kon
09-28-2012, 04:54 PM
Shepard's a weird dude. How could they not have had that on a delay? He always sounds insincere with his delivery

They had it on a five second delay but still managed to screw up.

CosmicCowboy
09-28-2012, 05:38 PM
Sweet. Freaking carjackers suck.

mouse
09-28-2012, 05:50 PM
I wonder if his Iphone5 was protected.

Latarian Milton
09-28-2012, 06:27 PM
it's more like he was attempting to commit suicide and he achieved this goal

DMC
09-28-2012, 10:32 PM
staged for TV.

BRHornet45
09-28-2012, 11:43 PM
sons I'm sure Fox will now get numerous lawsuits thrown at them and parents bitching about it due to the growing pussification of America, yet those same people bitching likely allow their kids to watch crap like Jersey Shore, Teen Mom, and other television shows that are far worse for them to see than something like this.

symple19
09-28-2012, 11:58 PM
One less scumbag

baseline bum
09-29-2012, 01:33 AM
LOL, at least it ended well. Hope the car is ok.

mavs>spurs
09-29-2012, 02:07 AM
you guys are being harsh carjacking ain't penalized by death. most of this board is affluent people with money to pay their internet connection and leisure time but believe it or not people in this country are starving. you don't know why he jacked that car, if i was starving or didn't have a roof over my head i'd put the gun to your head and steal your car too.

ChumpDumper
09-29-2012, 02:30 AM
I would've sold the gun tbh.

BRHornet45
09-29-2012, 02:45 AM
you guys are being harsh carjacking ain't penalized by death. most of this board is affluent people with money to pay their internet connection and leisure time but believe it or not people in this country are starving. you don't know why he jacked that car, if i was starving or didn't have a roof over my head i'd put the gun to your head and steal your car too.

lol!

cry me a river son!

look at the way that hood rat was stumbling and running around! he could barely walk straight and was obviously high as a goddamn kite! .... but sure, go ahead and try and spin it to justify his actions.

mavs>spurs
09-29-2012, 02:50 AM
I would've sold the gun tbh.

With comments like these it's obvious you've been privileged your entire life. When you're that poor, the gun is how you eat and survive.

mavs>spurs
09-29-2012, 02:53 AM
lol!

cry me a river son!

look at the way that hood rat was stumbling and running around! he could barely walk straight and was obviously high as a goddamn kite! .... but sure, go ahead and try and spin it to justify his actions.

The point is, don't judge.

That dude could have been born and raised in the projects and lived in poverty his entire life as well as abused in any number of ways. Maybe the drugs were his way of escaping his hell of a life. I didn't see the video idk why he was stumbling. Maybe he had been running and was exhausted, maybe he was hurt, who knows.

To just blindly come in and act like a human being deserved to die without knowing the full story makes you a pussy.

ChumpDumper
09-29-2012, 02:56 AM
With comments like these it's obvious you've been privileged your entire life. When you're that poor, the gun is how you eat and survive.What is your evidence this guy was homeless and starving -- and what is your experience being a gun-wielding, starving homeless man?

mavs>spurs
09-29-2012, 03:00 AM
What is your evidence this guy was homeless and starving -- and what is your experience being a gun-wielding, starving homeless man?

I've known people who are hood as fuck dude. I live and grew up not too far from a really, really bad side of town.

Lost friends due to drugs. I've seen the struggle that some people go through and in some ways I could relate. So for people to make blanket statements it's just wrong. Yes doing drugs is one of the worst and dumbest things you can do. But someone died here and that's tragic.

I'm not saying there's any evidence this was the case, I'm saying boy are some people quick to judge when a real human being died.

ChumpDumper
09-29-2012, 03:02 AM
I've known people who are good as fuck dude. I live and grew up not too far from a really, really bad side of town.

I'm not saying there's any evidence this was the case, I'm saying boy are you guys quick to judge when a real human being died.I just said what I would have done with a gun. You flipped on the judgment machine.

lol not too far

mavs>spurs
09-29-2012, 03:05 AM
I just said what I would have done with a gun. You flipped on the judgment machine.

lol not too far

And I responded by pointing out the obvious, why one might not simply sell the gun. I know for damn sure nobody would catch you in the hood without one.

ChumpDumper
09-29-2012, 03:09 AM
And I responded by pointing out the obvious, why one might not simply sell the gun. I know for damn sure nobody would catch you in the hood without one.Well if all he needed was food and shelter, prison might have been preferable to death.

I know, I know -- You live near a guy who watched The Shawshank Redemption, so you know all about prison life.

mavs>spurs
09-29-2012, 03:15 AM
Homie I know where YOU live, I got all the food and shelter I'll ever need. Free pussy too from your wife while you watch in the corner in between posts in the political forum.

mavs>spurs
09-29-2012, 03:17 AM
Well if all he needed was food and shelter, prison might have been preferable to death.

We must not be thinking about the same prison, nobody would ever want to go there. More likely he wasn't right in the head.

ChumpDumper
09-29-2012, 03:22 AM
Homie I know where YOU live, I got all the food and shelter I'll ever need. Free pussy too from your wife while you watch in the corner in between posts in the political forum.OK, what's my address?

We must not be thinking about the same prison, nobody would ever want to go there.In which prison did you serve time?
More likely he wasn't right in the head.Because you've been diagnosed as schizophrenic, so you know.

mavs>spurs
09-29-2012, 03:25 AM
More because he hijacked a car, was behaving erratically, having trouble walking as it was pointed out and took his own life. That's how we can tell he wasn't in his right state of mind.

ChumpDumper
09-29-2012, 03:26 AM
More because he hijacked a car, was behaving erratically, having trouble walking as it was pointed out and took his own life. That's how we can tell he wasn't in his right state of mind.Maybe he was just high.

What's my address?

mavs>spurs
09-29-2012, 03:28 AM
Maybe he was just high

he couldve been. I've already acknowledged that much. The drugs are no good.

ChumpDumper
09-29-2012, 03:33 AM
lol knows where I live

byrontx
09-29-2012, 09:05 AM
I consider myself to be liberal but i am all for whacking human predators. If they want to do it themmselves-cool...

MaNuMaNiAc
09-29-2012, 09:17 AM
Pfff... Get the fuck out of here with that shit! If you,re starving you don,t jack a car. I could understand holding someone up for cash, or robbing a convenience store. If you jack a car you're doing it for the money. Fuck him!

CosmicCowboy
09-29-2012, 09:27 AM
The point is, don't judge.

That dude could have been born and raised in the projects and lived in poverty his entire life as well as abused in any number of ways. Maybe the drugs were his way of escaping his hell of a life. I didn't see the video idk why he was stumbling. Maybe he had been running and was exhausted, maybe he was hurt, who knows.

To just blindly come in and act like a human being deserved to die without knowing the full story makes you a pussy.

He could have gotten a warm clean bed to sleep in and three squares a day simply by raising his hands and surrendering.

MannyIsGod
09-29-2012, 01:57 PM
sons I'm sure Fox will now get numerous lawsuits thrown at them and parents bitching about it due to the growing pussification of America, yet those same people bitching likely allow their kids to watch crap like Jersey Shore, Teen Mom, and other television shows that are far worse for them to see than something like this.

Nothing on any of those shows is worse than watching a human being kill himself.

mingus
09-29-2012, 02:48 PM
It was so obvious what was going to happen IMO. When watching it live it sounded like a technician (maybe the guy responsible for cutting away) was do shocked/repulsed by what he saw that he failed to cut away from it.

baseline bum
09-29-2012, 03:41 PM
Or they just didn't cut away since they knew it would get them some exposure.

mingus
09-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Who knows

benefactor
09-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Or they just didn't cut away since they knew it would get them some exposure.
Bingo.

baseline bum
09-29-2012, 04:00 PM
Bingo.

:lol

That apology sounded about as authentic as Jerry Springer's final thought segments.

DMC
09-29-2012, 08:30 PM
I don't get the hunger thing. If someone is hungry, they should go inside and make a sandwich and a glass of milk. That normally does it for me. Someone needs to get that information to Africa.

mavs>spurs
09-29-2012, 08:44 PM
I don't get the hunger thing. If someone is hungry, they should go inside and make a sandwich and a glass of milk. That normally does it for me. Someone needs to get that information to Africa.

:lmao

TSA
09-30-2012, 09:45 PM
I didn't see the video

To just blindly come in

Your stupidity is amazing.

fevertrees
10-01-2012, 08:41 AM
Sounds like a contributing member of society:

http://www.masoncountydailynews.com/news/national-news/40368-carjacker-whose-chase-ends-with-suicide-on-live-tv-identified

An Arizona carjacker who shot at police and at a TV news helicopter during a high speed chase and ended the pursuit by getting out of the car and shooting himself in the head, which was broadcast live on Fox News Channel, has been identified.

Jodon Romero, 33, was wanted for parole violations and had a criminal record including a weapons conviction and numerous violent crimes, Phoenix police spokesman Sgt. Tommy Thompson said today. .

Police pursued Romero after he allegedly carjacked a red 2008 Dodge Caliber at gunpoint in Phoenix Friday, following an accident with another car he had been driving.

Cops were alerted to both incidents and realized the suspect in both cases shared a description. When cops began to pursue the suspect, he started shooting at police cars, Thompson said.

Police then fell back and followed the car from a distance. The suspect, however, shot at the Fox News chopper that covered the chase along I-10 outside about 75 miles from the California border.

Initial reports indicated that a victim may have remained in the stolen car, but Thompson said only the suspect was involved.

Chopper video showed the vehicle zooming along Arizona's wide open highway, flashing past cars and trucks, switching lanes as it weaved through traffic, at times speeding along the shoulder of the road.

The camera from the chopper captured the moment the chase ended with the man stumbling out of a red SUV into a grassy area. He reached into his waistband and pulled a handgun. He then shot himself in the head.

Police said the suspect died at the scene. No civilians or police were wounded in the pursuit.

Fox cut away from the shot soon after the man shot himself and went to commercial break.

Following the break, anchor Shepard Smith apologized for airing the shooting. He said the feed was on a five second delay, but they failed to cut it off in time.

"We really messed up and we're all very sorry," he said. "That didn't belong on TV... I personally apologize to you that it happened."

"It's insensitive and it's wrong," he said of airing the shooting.

Fox later issued a statement, which read: "We took every precaution to avoid any such live incident by putting the helicopter pictures on a five second delay. Unfortunately, this mistake was the result of a severe human error and we apologize for what viewers ultimately saw on the screen."